Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3273456 times)

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #37240 on: July 2, 2022, 11:10:59 pm »
“Leaving Liverpool to Nunez”

Like you had a fucking say in the matter. Darwin Nunez chose Liverpool because we are miles ahead of Man Utd. Laurie Whitwell needs to quit stealing a living, pull his head out of the Glazers arse and up his journalistic game.

Man Utd are utterly screwed, and that fraud Ten Hag will bomb, mark my words.

As Chris Rock said “it’s like me boycotting Rihanna’s panties. I wasn’t invited!”

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37241 on: July 2, 2022, 11:17:59 pm »
Hope he stays there to be honest. Yeah he'll score a few goals for sure but the level of toxic behaviour he brings to the set up is gold.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #37242 on: July 2, 2022, 11:31:20 pm »
Napoli seems to be a rumour.
I think it's real, I've been there.

;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #37243 on: July 3, 2022, 12:21:48 am »
I forgot Shut The Fuck Up “Donny” Van de Beek plays for them.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37244 on: July 3, 2022, 01:39:17 am »
Please let him go back to Spain or somewhere. If he goes to Chelsea we’ll have that horrendous “Siuuuu” celebration still and I can’t take another season of that.

Online Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37245 on: July 3, 2022, 01:44:02 am »
What a wonderful off season for yernited! Truly a mid table club now.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #37246 on: July 3, 2022, 01:48:52 am »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline TarkaLFC

• Main Stander
  • Valour is superior to numbers.
« Reply #37247 on: July 3, 2022, 02:09:42 am »
I could see Man U dropping $100m on Harry Kane now - Richarlison hasn’t been bought for the bench.
Currently living overseas.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #37248 on: July 3, 2022, 02:14:13 am »
Realistically they are in a total rebuild and should be happy to be rid of Ronaldo. The fact that they are advising everyone they aren’t happy to do so just shows, again for the millionth time, what a joke of a club they have become.

Yep. Also speaks volumes when players like Timber and De Jong aren't interested in joining them

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #37249 on: July 3, 2022, 02:20:27 am »
So true

Simon Kuper@KuperSimon
1. The fact that Manchester United are largely targeting Ten Hag's favourite players from the Dutch league (F de Jong, Timber, Lisandro Martínez + Malacia whom he considered buying for Ajax) suggests that the club doesn't have a scouting system of its own that it takes seriously

2. What happens to all Ten Hag's purchases if he fails like all United managers of the past 9 years? And is it really the case that the optimum buys for one of the world's richest clubs are almost all players from 1 small league? This is no way to run a football club

3. My argument isn't that these are bad players. They are all v good. My point is how a giant club goes about making such big choices. It was fair to 'trust the manager' in era of SAF as everyone knew he'd be around for years after making the signings. Not true at United lately

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #37250 on: July 3, 2022, 04:36:57 am »
Ten Hag is loving this. Basically removes a massive problem and he doesn't have to bear the brunt of criticism from some fan quarters and the ex-player SKY horde (Neville, Keane, etc.).

As Kuper said, their scouting network seems laughable, but it's not really out of the ordinary - look at Chelsea under Conte and Sarri.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #37251 on: July 3, 2022, 06:25:55 am »
For all Erik ten Hag, the head coach tasked with reviving United, has said Ronaldo will be a central figure in this coming season, these opening attempts to engineer an exit might end up a blessing.

Ten Hag was not big enough to shift Ronaldo in his first summer, even if the forward’s presence jarred with his tactical beliefs. It was a battle Ten Hag had neither the stomach nor will to take on, not when Ronaldo holds such sway inside Old Trafford.

https://theathletic.com/3397428/2022/07/03/cristiano-ronaldo-manchester-united-exit/

pathetic
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37252 on: July 3, 2022, 07:42:38 am »
There's no way that Non-consensualdo is going to the MLS.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37253 on: July 3, 2022, 07:49:02 am »
Are they signing the whole Ajax team......?
Manchester Unajax?

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37254 on: July 3, 2022, 07:52:35 am »
Really looking forward to the muck-raking Athletic pieces full of dressing room leaks about what a crisis Man Utd is in despite the efforst of Ten Hag ("who everyone at the club appreciates is working with one hand tied behind his back", etc.) I reckon they start dropping October.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37255 on: July 3, 2022, 07:54:48 am »
He's looked very poor without Pacey to partner him in midfield.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #37256 on: July 3, 2022, 07:55:21 am »
So true

Simon Kuper@KuperSimon
1. The fact that Manchester United are largely targeting Ten Hag's favourite players from the Dutch league (F de Jong, Timber, Lisandro Martínez + Malacia whom he considered buying for Ajax) suggests that the club doesn't have a scouting system of its own that it takes seriously

2. What happens to all Ten Hag's purchases if he fails like all United managers of the past 9 years? And is it really the case that the optimum buys for one of the world's richest clubs are almost all players from 1 small league? This is no way to run a football club

3. My argument isn't that these are bad players. They are all v good. My point is how a giant club goes about making such big choices. It was fair to 'trust the manager' in era of SAF as everyone knew he'd be around for years after making the signings. Not true at United lately

It's a bit like when Rodgers came in and just wanted to sign his old Swansea players (and Dempsey). The club wouldn't put up with that though and signed Coutinho and Sturridge in the January. They seem to actually be relying on Ten Hag to target his own players.

United have no good scouting model beyond signing big names. Nunez at least the sort of player they should be targeting but they had the vanity buy of Ronaldo in the way.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37257 on: July 3, 2022, 07:56:07 am »
Really looking forward to the muck-raking Athletic pieces full of dressing room leaks about what a crisis Man Utd is in despite the efforst of Ten Hag ("who everyone at the club appreciates is working with one hand tied behind his back", etc.) I reckon they start dropping October.

Probably will be stories about how the players are unprofessional because they are still served tomato ketchup and not freshly prepared salad dressings, a legacy of Ole trying to bring back the 90’s last season.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37258 on: July 3, 2022, 07:56:21 am »
Part of me respects de Jong, he knows the manager, he'll double his wages but still pushes not to be part of this shit show.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37259 on: July 3, 2022, 08:15:12 am »
It's interesting how our experience with Rodgers and Klopp has proved the more modern collegiate way of working in just one club's experience. And now anyone indulging their manager looks antediluvian. All that criticism of the committee and Edwards, including the particularly acidic Mail piece Rodgers collaborated on, and now it's accepted gospel.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #37260 on: July 3, 2022, 08:31:55 am »
Part of me respects de Jong, he knows the manager, he'll double his wages but still pushes not to be part of this shit show.

Isn't he already on 350k a week? Barca have only been willing to let him go to get their own wage bill under control.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #37261 on: July 3, 2022, 08:52:58 am »
For the club the size of Man U, why don't they have a scouting network or analytics team to unearth talent? You'd think it would be a given.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37262 on: July 3, 2022, 08:56:16 am »

He really ties the team together, dude.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37263 on: July 3, 2022, 09:05:37 am »
So who they going to get to replace Ronaldo? They needed a striker before he asked to leave. They will be desperate now. Haaland, Nunez, Nkunku were probably the main 3 are the beginning of the window. They've missed out on all 3.

I suppose they could get Osimhen. He would probably be the best signing they could make as a striker. But Napoli will see their desperation and add £20m or so onto the price.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2022, 09:07:21 am by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #37264 on: July 3, 2022, 09:51:02 am »
Please let him go back to Spain or somewhere. If he goes to Chelsea we’ll have that horrendous “Siuuuu” celebration still and I can’t take another season of that.
That celebration is kind of interesting to me in a cringe, embarrassing, awkward, laughable sort of way. Hard to describe - Like an old comedian saying a catchphrase from his heyday act to remind you he was once actually funny. He has become a parody of himself. Hope he stays.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37265 on: July 3, 2022, 09:51:41 am »
So who they going to get to replace Ronaldo? They needed a striker before he asked to leave. They will be desperate now. Haaland, Nunez, Nkunku were probably the main 3 are the beginning of the window. They've missed out on all 3.

I suppose they could get Osimhen. He would probably be the best signing they could make as a striker. But Napoli will see their desperation and add £20m or so onto the price.

Napoli "paid" about "€81m" but the whole thing was a diddle to get out of FFP I think and is getting investigated.
https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2021/lille-only-received-half-of-fee-from-victor-osimhens-transfer-to-napoli/

If United wanted him, you have to think 1) it's already too late, Napoli will be planning for a season with him or 2) it will cost them at least €100m, if not well north of that, to get him in

Anyway, loving Man Utd's business this summer. Here's an early call — they'll be even worse than last season.

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #37266 on: July 3, 2022, 09:53:58 am »
Napoli "paid" about "€81m" but the whole thing was a diddle to get out of FFP I think and is getting investigated.
https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2021/lille-only-received-half-of-fee-from-victor-osimhens-transfer-to-napoli/

If United wanted him, you have to think 1) it's already too late, Napoli will be planning for a season with him or 2) it will cost them at least €100m, if not well north of that, to get him in

Anyway, loving Man Utd's business this summer. Here's an early call — they'll be even worse than last season.
that's interesting.. at the time I thought there was no way they had paid that amount for him
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Online BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #37267 on: July 3, 2022, 10:04:29 am »
That celebration is kind of interesting to me in a cringe, embarrassing, awkward, laughable sort of way. Hard to describe - Like an old comedian saying a catchphrase from his heyday act to remind you he was once actually funny. He has become a parody of himself. Hope he stays.

He kind of twists and shows his back to the crowd. Like saying I'm off, this is me walking away. And the intoxicated crowd shout back: "See Youuuu!!"

How ironic.   ;D
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #37268 on: July 3, 2022, 10:08:05 am »

Osimhen is good and would suit the Premier League. His injury record is so so and like you say, Napoli would see Utd coming and paid £60m for him in the first place. Expect an £80m+ fee if he’s a target.

It’s all falling joyously into place here. The new manager propelling all of the signings - the majority of them high-potential players from a league notoriously difficult to ensure successes out of, with little actual pedigree between them. Then targeting one proven player of excellent quality who so doesn’t want to go there that it’s rumoured he’d rather take a £150k a week wage drop than leave.

What Kuper’s said hits the nail on the head - these Eredivisie players are not bad players. I watch a lot of Ajax and really do rate Antony and Martinez, to an extent. But they’re unproven, unblooded outside of a dominant side in a weaker league. Bringing in one or two isn’t a major issue if you’ve the squad to support their growth, which they do not. I’d love to see him bring 4 or 5 in because it will disjoint badly, like two separate teams trying to play different games within the same structure.

It all just smacks of the hierarchy being scared that their approach has failed for over a decade now and hoping Ten Hag is some sort of Klopp figure who will knit everything together and drag the club forward through sheer force of will. I like a lot of what Ten Hag did at Ajax, his tactics were interesting and flexible - something Solskjaer and Rangnick could not say. However, Ajax is almost a risk free test-bed in order to try out whatever combinations and preparations you have, with zero consequence. Unless PSV absolutely nailed all of their foreign signings whilst simultaneously bringing through an exceptional crop of youngsters who weren’t picked off by bigger European teams or Ajax, they have no realistic challenge.

He doesn’t have a massive or extensive background to call upon either. He was briefly Bayern II coach, a developmental role as opposed to a live position. Of course there’s benefits that come with that, but aside from a decent showing for 18 months as Utrecht boss (turned a team that finished 5th into a team that finished 4th. After he left they finished 6th) he has little time in what you’d call live roles. Ajax in the CL is probably the closest we’ve seen to him needing to coach a game plan.

He’s a good coach but I’m not sure good cuts it given the clubs problems. The entire rejection of the collaborative approach that has served us so well - one they’ve made noises for years about adopting - tells me that even if Ten Hag is super competent, there’s little he’ll do unless there’s a massive structural change.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37269 on: July 3, 2022, 10:08:45 am »
Strange to see Neville making out like Salah "played" us. I don't like the amount of wages and transfer fees being spent but the oil clubs changed the layout of the land. We've clearly looked at how much the extra money over the length of the contract Vs replacing him through transfer fee and new wages
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Online tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #37270 on: July 3, 2022, 10:18:02 am »
I would rather Salah played you by leaving this summer
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37271 on: July 3, 2022, 10:22:03 am »
Strange to see Neville making out like Salah "played" us. I don't like the amount of wages and transfer fees being spent but the oil clubs changed the layout of the land. We've clearly looked at how much the extra money over the length of the contract Vs replacing him through transfer fee and new wages

Nevilles a dick. He isn’t mentioning Liverpool have tied down the best player in the league. He is trying to spin it to make him self feel better. Pop yer Champaign on tic toc yer ugly c*nt.  What a cock end he really is.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #37272 on: July 3, 2022, 10:24:33 am »
I would rather Salah played you by leaving this summer

oh

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37273 on: July 3, 2022, 10:26:47 am »

Neville is a right bitter little fucking gobshite. He's one of those c*nts who think they are dead funny taking the piss but can't take it when thrown back at them.

The gobshite popped up on my twitter this morning some comment I think was targeted at Carra about enjoy your Saturday and your short period of success. Bit of news gobshite, weve been winning stuff regularly since the early 60s without any real breaks and even in our lean years we still won our 5th European Cup.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #37274 on: July 3, 2022, 10:29:34 am »

If my maths is correct, Salah has only actually extended his contract by 2 years from when it was due to expire, 3 years from now. He’s only just turned 30 a couple of weeks ago so if everything goes to plan he finishes his last season with us just before he turns 33. From that point of view it’s an excellent deal, if he starts to decline we won’t be lumbered with an injured or non-performing player in his mid 30’s, and if he’s still firing on all cylinders and banging the goals in then I don’t think anyone will mind one way or the other if he stays or decides he wants to go elsewhere, either way everyone’s happy.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #37275 on: July 3, 2022, 10:53:31 am »
Neville is a right bitter little fucking gobshite. He's one of those c*nts who think they are dead funny taking the piss but can't take it when thrown back at them.

The gobshite popped up on my twitter this morning some comment I think was targeted at Carra about enjoy your Saturday and your short period of success. Bit of news gobshite, weve been winning stuff regularly since the early 60s without any real breaks and even in our lean years we still won our 5th European Cup.

Have to laugh at Oliver Holt this morning, he tweeted how Ronaldo had played United! I hope plenty of our fans are firing that one back at Neville's twitter account this morning.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #37276 on: July 3, 2022, 10:55:17 am »
Could this finally be the action that makes me admire Ronaldo?

.... Nah

He scored what 14 more than anyone else there. They can't afford to let him leave. Which itself is hilarious

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37277 on: July 3, 2022, 11:01:31 am »
Have to laugh at Oliver Holt this morning, he tweeted how Ronaldo had played United! I hope plenty of our fans are firing that one back at Neville's twitter account this morning.  ;D

Exactly. And he keeps coming out saying how shit he thinks Utd are and threatening to fuck them off. Yet they all still love him.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37278 on: July 3, 2022, 11:06:37 am »
Exactly. And he keeps coming out saying how shit he thinks Utd are and threatening to fuck them off. Yet they all still love him.
Does he still think ‘there’s something not quite right about this Liverpool team’?

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37279 on: July 3, 2022, 11:21:29 am »

Football began in 1992….do you not know that?