Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3261935 times)

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #37200 on: July 2, 2022, 08:44:01 pm »
https://twitter.com/lauriewhitwell/status/1543294408451301378

#MUFC have been working on belief Cristiano Ronaldo will stay at club for 2022-23, hence leaving Liverpool to Darwin Nunez.

Erik ten Hag could get creative but a Ronaldo departure would put United very light at centre-forward. Targets in other positions being advanced currently.

Aw so kind of them to let us have Nunez.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37201 on: July 2, 2022, 08:48:33 pm »

#MUFC have been working on belief Cristiano Ronaldo will stay at club for 2022-23, hence leaving Liverpool to Darwin Nunez.

Erik ten Hag could get creative but a Ronaldo departure would put United very light at centre-forward. Targets in other positions being advanced currently.

Yeah, now that Cristiano is leaving. I suppose tomorrow Nunez will ask to leave our club.
Such a shame we didn't see him play for us but hopefully  we get what we paid for him.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37202 on: July 2, 2022, 08:48:49 pm »

I know ;D

Better than accepting the reality I guess.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #37203 on: July 2, 2022, 08:50:53 pm »
This hilarity and Salah signing has made this weekend feel like one where you win and your rivals all lose.  Lovely.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37204 on: July 2, 2022, 08:55:52 pm »
I know ;D

Better than accepting the reality I guess.
Funny thing is Nunez told Uruguay TV's a few times that Utd wanted him and he had  few talks with them but always wanted Liverpool so once there was interest, it was done in his mind.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37205 on: July 2, 2022, 08:57:42 pm »
Last season their fans would laugh at those who felt Ronaldo was a problem. Well looks like the only good thing they believe they had is fucking off.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #37206 on: July 2, 2022, 09:09:37 pm »

He'll stay in the end because the clubs he'd want to go to aren't going to pay him 500k a week at 37, not to mention with a transfer fee on top. Only United aren't that daft.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #37207 on: July 2, 2022, 09:13:18 pm »
RAWK in meltdown again!!! Too fecking right we are.
 :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #37208 on: July 2, 2022, 09:16:32 pm »
If someone is dicking us over like Frenkie de Jong, I am sure we would have moved on to the next target.

I could not understand Ten Hag’s obsession with him.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #37209 on: July 2, 2022, 09:19:18 pm »
He didn't come up with this now. Obviously Ronaldo has tried to find another club for a while, but it seems no one is interested. I don't see any top clubs going for him, even at reduced wages. He's just not that good anymore. He brings attention, but also a ton of drama. Smaller clubs would be a huge step down.

Zlatan went back to Milan and reinforced his status as a club legend by taking on a more supportive role, but I can't see Ronaldo doing that.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he ends up sulking at United.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #37210 on: July 2, 2022, 09:23:46 pm »
If someone is dicking us over like Frenkie de Jong, I am sure we would have moved on to the next target.

I could not understand Ten Hag’s obsession with him.
I don't know much about Ten Haag or De Jong, and they might both be brilliant at Utd (if the latter joins) but it always rings a few alarm bells when a manager can't seem to look beyond players he has used before.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37211 on: July 2, 2022, 09:27:39 pm »
I don't know much about Ten Haag or De Jong, and they might both be brilliant at Utd (if the latter joins) but it always rings a few alarm bells when a manager can't seem to look beyond players he has used before.
Exactly, seems like he only wants players from his safe circle. I wouldn't be surprised if he actually used De Beek+Jong for his midfield pair.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #37212 on: July 2, 2022, 09:32:44 pm »

Noticed that too. Van Der Beek, Anthony, Timber, Martinez and De Jong. It’s basically telling his employer that half the players from his previous team that played outside Big5 European league are better than United’s. I have never seen these players much but I think ETH overplayed his hand a little bit.

That’s also why I respected Klopp for never needing to raid Dortmund when he joined us.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #37213 on: July 2, 2022, 09:34:21 pm »
The Portugal player believes he has “three or four years” left at the highest level of the game and would like to spend them at a club where he is capable of adding to his team and individual achievements. The state of disrepair at a United that placed faith in, then dismissed, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Ralf Rangnick last season is such that Ronaldo no longer views his future to be at Old Trafford.
According to close friends, Ronaldo’s affection and respect for United’s support remains as strong as ever.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/cristiano-ronaldo-tells-united-its-time-for-me-to-leave-6nm9smz6d
Haha. The only thing Ronaldo has EVER had any affection for his himself, the cringy narcissistic prick.  He’s not even happy when the team wins if he doesn’t score  :lmao

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #37214 on: July 2, 2022, 09:35:16 pm »
Not surprised that Ten Hag trust his own network over United's scouting. Many managers would do the same. Klopp has brought in quite a few Bundesliga players, just like Benitez bought a lot from Spain.
Problem is, Ten Hag comes from a shit league, so he doesn't have much to work with.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #37215 on: July 2, 2022, 09:41:35 pm »
Not surprised that Ten Hag trust his own network over United's scouting. Many managers would do the same. Klopp has brought in quite a few Bundesliga players, just like Benitez bought a lot from Spain.
Problem is, Ten Hag comes from a shit league, so he doesn't have much to work with.
Tent Peg will be wondering why he has gone to Old T.oilet.
Reckon he'll be lucky to last a full season there.
I predict a riot.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37216 on: July 2, 2022, 09:56:18 pm »
He didn't come up with this now. Obviously Ronaldo has tried to find another club for a while, but it seems no one is interested. I don't see any top clubs going for him, even at reduced wages. He's just not that good anymore. He brings attention, but also a ton of drama. Smaller clubs would be a huge step down.

Zlatan went back to Milan and reinforced his status as a club legend by taking on a more supportive role, but I can't see Ronaldo doing that.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he ends up sulking at United.

United is the best he's going to do at this point, he's a 37 year old on 500k a week, he's going nowhere.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #37217 on: July 2, 2022, 10:02:37 pm »

Has he?!

Matip, Keita, Thiago and Karius are the only ones I can think of.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37218 on: July 2, 2022, 10:04:18 pm »
Getting rid of Ronaldo will be a great news for TenHaag.

This is actually bad news as it will improve them.

At the same time, it will seriously cripple their commercial machine. They don't function under the same rules of engagement as we do. De Jong rejecting them and Ronaldo asking to leave is a disaster for their model ...
« Last Edit: July 2, 2022, 10:06:49 pm by PeterTheRed »

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #37219 on: July 2, 2022, 10:05:56 pm »
Realistically they are in a total rebuild and should be happy to be rid of Ronaldo. The fact that they are advising everyone they aren’t happy to do so just shows, again for the millionth time, what a joke of a club they have become.

The Nunez stuff for an LFC fan is just icing on the cake. If you would have told me 10 years ago this same situation I would have died with shock, now I’m it’s laughter. Holy mother of god this is amazing.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #37220 on: July 2, 2022, 10:06:53 pm »

They actually believe they 'let' us have Darwin,just for that they need a decade or more being just as they are to drive some reality in.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37221 on: July 2, 2022, 10:10:21 pm »
They actually believe they 'let' us have Darwin,just for that they need a decade or more being just as they are to drive some reality in.

What they mean by that is "if we weren't stuck with Ronaldo for the CF position we'd have offered Nunez anything up to 6 million quid a week to sign for us over Liverpool because we're United and we can do what we what and sign who we want".

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #37222 on: July 2, 2022, 10:12:39 pm »

Has he?!

And none of those are players he used before (unless I'm mistaken)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #37223 on: July 2, 2022, 10:18:29 pm »
Why would plastic Ron come out with all this if he wasn't sure he has a club lined up to take him?

Why look silly saying you want out and then stay?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37224 on: July 2, 2022, 10:20:22 pm »
“Leaving Liverpool to Nunez”

Like you had a fucking say in the matter. Darwin Nunez chose Liverpool because we are miles ahead of Man Utd. Laurie Whitwell needs to quit stealing a living, pull his head out of the Glazers arse and up his journalistic game.

Man Utd are utterly screwed, and that fraud Ten Hag will bomb, mark my words.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #37225 on: July 2, 2022, 10:21:31 pm »
Why would plastic Ron come out with all this if he wasn't sure he has a club lined up to take him?

Why look silly saying you want out and then stay?

Maybe desperation.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37226 on: July 2, 2022, 10:23:55 pm »
Has G. Nev organized a protest against the Glazers yet for opening day against Brighton?

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37227 on: July 2, 2022, 10:24:02 pm »
Where is Ronaldo going to go without having to take a monstrous pay cut? Off to America? Off to PSG as a Neymar replacement? Chelsea maybe 🤣😂🤣

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37228 on: July 2, 2022, 10:28:21 pm »
Are they signing the whole Ajax team......?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37229 on: July 2, 2022, 10:30:12 pm »
Are they signing the whole Ajax team......?

Yes, first up the ghost of Johan Cruyff and Johan Neeskens.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #37230 on: July 2, 2022, 10:30:35 pm »
Don’t believe Laporta myself.

He makes it up as he goes along…

Reckon they sell De Jong fairly soon.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #37231 on: July 2, 2022, 10:30:52 pm »
Bet they are all convincing themselves to say good riddance now after he was the saviour all season
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37232 on: July 2, 2022, 10:33:03 pm »
Definitely.

He was always going to leave because they aren’t in the CL. There’s no way Ronaldo plays in the Europa league
great if he's there when they draw Whothefuckarethey FC.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37233 on: July 2, 2022, 10:34:54 pm »
His only hope is a sportswasher. NUFC won’t give the narcissist the trophies he wants. Abu Dhabi don’t need or want him. PSG is his only hope.

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37234 on: July 2, 2022, 10:45:00 pm »
Napoli seems to be a rumour.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37235 on: July 2, 2022, 10:45:08 pm »
His only hope is a sportswasher. NUFC won’t give the narcissist the trophies he wants. Abu Dhabi don’t need or want him. PSG is his only hope.
There's no chance PSG go in for him with the forward options they already have and, apparently, an intention to move away from signing (has been) Galacticos.

There's not a serious CL contender that would want him due to the baggage he brings, nevermind the wages and signing fees.  I'm not all that convinced any CL team would want him and then there's the question of him wanting to sign for a club that just makes up the numbers in the CL every season (Portuguese league, for example).  Maybe he'd take that though as simply a chance to score a few more CL goals.

Realistically he's at that stage where he should be going to an emerging league as the trophy signing.  It would be very funny though if he ends up stuck at Man U and Man U stuck with him.

Napoli seems to be a rumour.
If true, that's got to be one of those classic Italian loan moves where the owning club ends up coughing up nearly all the money for the player to play elsewhere!
« Last Edit: July 2, 2022, 10:46:54 pm by thaddeus »

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37236 on: July 2, 2022, 10:51:19 pm »
So basically if he renogiates his current contract and takes a pay cut he can stay?

If the alternative is playing for United, he'll likely end up paying Barca to stay.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37237 on: July 2, 2022, 10:52:45 pm »

If true, that's got to be one of those classic Italian loan moves where the owning club ends up coughing up nearly all the money for the player to play elsewhere!

Oh, you mean like Chelsea and Lukaku..

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37238 on: July 2, 2022, 10:58:20 pm »
Oh, you mean like Chelsea and Lukaku..
Well, I didn't want to name names but Yes.  I think Smalling was similarly offloaded by Man U.

Not that we're squeeky clean on it either as the Balotelli loan move was a piss take from Milan (but still not as much a piss take as his performance were for them during that season!).

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #37239 on: July 2, 2022, 11:00:49 pm »

Has he?!

King Ragnar Klavan too.

And of course there was interest in a few more - Götze and Brandt being the 2 more serious links.  Maybe Werner, but more I think about that one, more I think it was a piss take  ;D

Actually, it was apparent how Kloppo didn’t really target Bundesliga over other leagues.  From the get go he was happy to take advise and defer if needed. Sign of a manager who knows the importance of the team behind the team (as he did at Mainz and Dortmund of course) and has supreme confidence in himself, that he doesn’t need the ego boost.