Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 877757 times)

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Construction Underway
« Reply #1960 on: May 11, 2022, 06:52:56 pm »
Mr Drone has updated

https://youtu.be/LBSn2qz3luE
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1961 on: May 11, 2022, 08:19:54 pm »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1962 on: May 12, 2022, 09:45:02 pm »
Will look superb when it’s finished, I still pray they can improve and expand the kop at some point and do something at each end of the kenny dalglish stand and somehow marry up the roofs, I understand it’s probably not cost effective but it would still be nice.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1963 on: May 13, 2022, 01:42:18 pm »
Will look superb when it’s finished, I still pray they can improve and expand the kop at some point and do something at each end of the kenny dalglish stand and somehow marry up the roofs, I understand it’s probably not cost effective but it would still be nice.

Much more difficult to do stuff with either of those sides because they're hemmed in by residential properties or shops, or the church in the case of the Kop. The Kenny Dalglish stand car park literally backs on to people's back gardens, and the houses in that road seem to be occupied and in good condition. I don't think we're going to see anything in terms of expansion now for a long time, if ever.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1964 on: May 13, 2022, 01:51:59 pm »
Much more difficult to do stuff with either of those sides because they're hemmed in by residential properties or shops, or the church in the case of the Kop. The Kenny Dalglish stand car park literally backs on to people's back gardens, and the houses in that road seem to be occupied and in good condition. I don't think we're going to see anything in terms of expansion now for a long time, if ever.

I agree the KD stand is difficult but the two ends of that stand are a mess, where it joins the kop and the anfield road end. The kop although once again has issue with Walton breck road, I think that’s doable, a lot of work was due to happen and has stalled but no matter what the cost it would be worth it in my opinion, I love the stand I’ve had a season ticket on it for over 30 years but it’s such an iconic stand I think expanding it if it can be done is worth beyond money.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1965 on: May 14, 2022, 09:22:16 pm »
Gonna need a CABINET EXTENSION soon too. AMIRITE??????

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #1966 on: May 16, 2022, 12:58:17 am »
Latest update from Drone Captured Moments here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd6eQ1yhV80
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 01:01:09 am by kopdude81 »
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #1967 on: May 18, 2022, 05:24:05 pm »
Mr Drone has updated...jesus thats a big stand and the volume is only now becoming obvious...
https://youtu.be/q1LiA5AosUQ
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1968 on: May 18, 2022, 05:28:20 pm »
Once the season ends this weekend the work will really speed up.  :D

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1969 on: May 18, 2022, 07:25:07 pm »
Is there going to be any reduction in capacity for next season given they have to remove the existing roof?  The existing upper tier seats are not getting removed as part of the rebuild, right?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1970 on: May 18, 2022, 07:52:46 pm »
Is there going to be any reduction in capacity for next season given they have to remove the existing roof?  The existing upper tier seats are not getting removed as part of the rebuild, right?

Possibly coming off during the World Cup so won’t be any reduction. And the upper tier is going. Thank god.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1971 on: May 18, 2022, 09:15:56 pm »
Im honestly surprised this is a year away still with how much progress they are making.

I know its only 7000 seats or so but man its going to make the ground look massive as wont the Kop now be the smallest stand after this is done? Which is crazy to think

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #1972 on: May 18, 2022, 09:18:08 pm »
Possibly coming off during the World Cup so won’t be any reduction. And the upper tier is going. Thank god.

Not heard that anywhere.  I assumed they will remove the upper tier and join up with the new stand next summer, just like they did with the main

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1973 on: May 18, 2022, 10:45:44 pm »
Not heard that anywhere.  I assumed they will remove the upper tier and join up with the new stand next summer, just like they did with the main

I don't know if they'll get rid of the upper tier at the same time as the roof. Just that the upper tier is eventually completely going (as the poster asked).
There was an interview about a month ago with the head contractor (?) saying that they would try remove the roof during the winter world cup. Don't think he mentioned the tier.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1974 on: May 18, 2022, 10:56:56 pm »
I would put money in the new roof going on soon.  You can see them building the roof truss just behind the back of the current stand.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
« Reply #1975 on: May 19, 2022, 01:06:12 am »
I don't know if they'll get rid of the upper tier at the same time as the roof. Just that the upper tier is eventually completely going (as the poster asked).
There was an interview about a month ago with the head contractor (?) saying that they would try remove the roof during the winter world cup. Don't think he mentioned the tier.

Ah ok.  Yes if just the roof then I suppose it’s possible mid season. 

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #1976 on: May 19, 2022, 01:56:27 am »
Update from The Way I See Liverpool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWt0eYJftFo
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1977 on: May 19, 2022, 03:06:38 pm »

It was widely reported at the 6 months update in March when the contractor explained about the plan to do it during WC and they'd tested the impact of putting cranes on the pitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tm1Aiwq9BU&ab_channel=ThisIsAnfield

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1978 on: May 21, 2022, 08:35:16 am »
It was widely reported at the 6 months update in March when the contractor explained about the plan to do it during WC and they'd tested the impact of putting cranes on the pitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tm1Aiwq9BU&ab_channel=ThisIsAnfield

Mmm... he didn't mention the tier but in theory if the roof is gone, the tier (and the whole stand) is no longer viable as a 'safe stand' and the capacity would be reduced for the rest of the season or until it can be re-roofed ie., the whole stand would have to close until it is re-roofed.

According to the Green Guide, every seat must be 'covered' by a roof to stop 'bunching' ie people moving to get out of the rain (even if the roof at the front is pretty ineffective anyway).

Not good news for Annie Road Enders (unless the intention is to have the whole new roof built (over a 'live' stand) before removing the old roof from underneath it in four weeks - tricky) ??

« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 08:50:21 am by Peter McGurk »

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1979 on: May 21, 2022, 10:05:35 am »
I got the impression that the big roof would be finished by Christmas, the truss seems to be flying up.
But I have absolutely no idea what Im talking about.

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1980 on: May 22, 2022, 06:03:35 am »

Mmm... he didn't mention the tier but in theory if the roof is gone, the tier (and the whole stand) is no longer viable as a 'safe stand' and the capacity would be reduced for the rest of the season or until it can be re-roofed ie., the whole stand would have to close until it is re-roofed.

According to the Green Guide, every seat must be 'covered' by a roof to stop 'bunching' ie people moving to get out of the rain (even if the roof at the front is pretty ineffective anyway).

Not good news for Annie Road Enders (unless the intention is to have the whole new roof built (over a 'live' stand) before removing the old roof from underneath it in four weeks - tricky) ??

I think I read ages ago that is the plan. Put the new roof over and then remove the old one during the World cup. I could be talking nonsense though!

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #1981 on: May 25, 2022, 02:30:08 pm »
Ground level view ….

https://youtu.be/kZDDZEOTTMI

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1982 on: May 25, 2022, 03:44:48 pm »
^ Thanks for posting, looks like its coming on well.
Will the rerouted Anny Rd end up being within the red site hoardings but running directly behind the stand as it did before the works started?

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #1983 on: May 25, 2022, 05:22:35 pm »
Mr Drone has updated

https://youtu.be/7QB3EQUZB_8

The was a near miss on site …so no crane work since Friday… Mr Drone will give the overview. He brakes the story in the above vid.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 05:37:05 pm by kopite321 »

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1984 on: May 25, 2022, 06:38:23 pm »
Mr Drone has updated

https://youtu.be/7QB3EQUZB_8

The was a near miss on site …so no crane work since Friday… Mr Drone will give the overview. He brakes the story in the above vid.

Haha sand and milk?
Edit: Ah shit I just watched to the end. Crikey glad all are safe.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 06:40:31 pm by meady1981 »

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #1985 on: May 26, 2022, 12:51:26 pm »

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
« Reply #1986 on: May 26, 2022, 11:39:20 pm »
Sounds like a close call with the accident.  Thankfully nobody hurt.  Hopefully back on track now.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1987 on: May 26, 2022, 11:46:36 pm »
Wow very lucky, good to know everyone is safe.

The progress is amazing.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1988 on: May 27, 2022, 05:47:44 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXFFoFP5VSQ

A timelapse video courtesy of Mr Drone
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1989 on: May 27, 2022, 05:54:02 pm »
What was the incident on site?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1990 on: May 27, 2022, 07:04:26 pm »
What was the incident on site?
Apparently, steel was being lifted by crane but it broke free and fell onto a cabin. Thankfully, no one was hurt.

I'm just paraphrasing what I remember Mr Drone said he'd heard after he asked around, though.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1991 on: May 29, 2022, 12:43:04 am »
Gonna be fun to know that next year will be the final year of having to endure a tiny Anfield road end. Something to look forward to … inching closer to an even bigger ground (and hopefully getting my mits on a season ticket lol)
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1992 on: May 29, 2022, 12:53:19 pm »
I know it's been 6 years (wow) since the Main Stand was redeveloped but it still feels madly quick to me how it's going to have gone from a 45000 seater to a 60000 capacity. We'd actually be playing in it in a few months had it not been for Covid. Great work all round.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1993 on: May 29, 2022, 07:42:04 pm »
I still live in hope we can get to 70k at some point in the future, I know the difficulty involved though.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1994 on: May 29, 2022, 09:50:14 pm »
Extending the mainstand really made a difference to the atmosphere inthe ground.

I hope the Annie road end can make it take yet another step.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
« Reply #1995 on: June 2, 2022, 12:48:49 pm »
Mr Drones latest video from yesterday.  Cranes are back up and running following the incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jso8FNhfjQU

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1996 on: June 2, 2022, 01:12:36 pm »
You can really see the right hand side of the door truss there.

W

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1997 on: June 2, 2022, 01:47:26 pm »
You can really see the right hand side of the door truss there.

Gonna be a big fucking door.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1998 on: June 2, 2022, 03:00:20 pm »
Gonna be a big fucking door.
roof …I meant roof!
W

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1999 on: June 2, 2022, 09:35:26 pm »
First bit of the upper tier on too- think it should really take shape quickly from here with the speed the steelwork is going up