Author Topic: Harvey Elliott (Harvey Daniel James Elliott)  (Read 592985 times)

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome Harvey
« Reply #3400 on: August 11, 2022, 10:58:57 pm »
It wasn't meant to be believeable, it was just meant to be a very obvious gag, as far as I can see

Si Senor :)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3401 on: August 11, 2022, 11:01:35 pm »
With 4 years to go on this current deal he had already stated this? I have a hard time believing that's true but it's also pretty odd timing to be giving better terms to someone with barely 500 PL minutes played and such a lengthy contract still to go. Which does then give that a bit of an air of credibility. His move to here from Fulham certainly shows ambition which is a double edged sword.

I guess it depends on your definition of important. For me that's a key player that has to be on the field for the team to succeed and if that's what he is for this squad for this season then something went badly wrong.

If you take amir serious on that then just beware of reading his other posts, as you will find them pretty disturbing.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #3402 on: August 11, 2022, 11:55:41 pm »
It wasn't meant to be believeable, it was just meant to be a very obvious gag, as far as I can see
Now it's you joking, right? Because you know very well that the 500 PL minutes are nothing to do with it.

I would suggest it's more to do with the role the player occupies within the squad. This new deal will remunerate him at a level more in keeping with his planned role, as well as tying him down for a longer period for contracting and amortisation purposes.

So we grossly underpaid him 12 months ago, that's what you're guessing at? His amortization value is probably £1m at most considering the full £4.3m to Fulham is only due once he plays 100 times and has an England cap. The overall amortization bill is £108m so that doesn't do anything by extending him.

I hope Elliott is the next Pele and wins everything but that doesn't make the timing of this a bit odd. The agents for Jones and Tsimikas could certainly make more realistic arguments at this point.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3403 on: August 12, 2022, 12:09:37 am »
So we grossly underpaid him 12 months ago, that's what you're guessing at?
*shrugs* I just think we do these things in stages. Once the club are satisfied that he has made the right progress, has developed as they want, they increase the reward.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 01:01:43 am by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3404 on: August 12, 2022, 05:42:22 am »
If you take amir serious on that then just beware of reading his other posts, as you will find them pretty disturbing.

;D Ain't that the truth.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3405 on: August 12, 2022, 06:02:54 am »
So we grossly underpaid him 12 months ago, that's what you're guessing at? His amortization value is probably £1m at most considering the full £4.3m to Fulham is only due once he plays 100 times and has an England cap. The overall amortization bill is £108m so that doesn't do anything by extending him.

I hope Elliott is the next Pele and wins everything but that doesn't make the timing of this a bit odd. The agents for Jones and Tsimikas could certainly make more realistic arguments at this point.

I imagine youth players for the most part coming out of LFC will be paid a fairly standard sum for their first pro contract regardless of who they are. And Klopp very likely will instruct the team to improve the contracts of these players if they have shown they can remain in the first squad as a valuable member.

In fact, Jones signed one of these in 2020. He’s already on his 2nd pro contract.

As for Tsimikas, he isn’t due until 2025. I imagine his first contract isn’t an entry level pro contract that needs to be updated.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3406 on: August 12, 2022, 03:29:39 pm »

I doubt they care what their agents think…they will give players what they feel they are worth at any given time. And seemingly wont budge from that.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #3407 on: August 12, 2022, 05:02:56 pm »
I imagine youth players for the most part coming out of LFC will be paid a fairly standard sum for their first pro contract regardless of who they are. And Klopp very likely will instruct the team to improve the contracts of these players if they have shown they can remain in the first squad as a valuable member.

In fact, Jones signed one of these in 2020. He’s already on his 2nd pro contract.

As for Tsimikas, he isn’t due until 2025. I imagine his first contract isn’t an entry level pro contract that needs to be updated.

Elliott wasn't a "youth" player in the normal sense of the word. We paid a record sum for a 16 year old, however low it seems, and I'm sure he was pretty highly paid considering that. He almost immediately signed a pro contract as well. This is now Elliott's 3rd pro contract since he joined in 2019. People can hand wave it away however they want but to me that's pretty odd.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3408 on: August 12, 2022, 05:09:27 pm »
Elliott wasn't a "youth" player in the normal sense of the word. We paid a record sum for a 16 year old, however low it seems, and I'm sure he was pretty highly paid considering that. He almost immediately signed a pro contract as well. This is now Elliott's 3rd pro contract since he joined in 2019. People can hand wave it away however they want but to me that's pretty odd.
First pro deals can only run a max of three years so it's pretty standard to sign two close together. We've nomidea on pay increases, bonuses etc to make a real judgement on a third. But keeping good players = good. And pretty sure we did the same with Jones and Trent

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3409 on: August 12, 2022, 05:10:06 pm »
If you look for it you'll always find something odd because the club do things according to their own lights, using their own ideas and criteria which they don't publish or consult us about.

We won't always understand everything. Why does it matter so much? We have a top young talent on a good, length contract and (almost) everyone is happy. I can tell you I've had worse days
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #3410 on: August 12, 2022, 05:28:45 pm »
First pro deals can only run a max of three years so it's pretty standard to sign two close together. We've nomidea on pay increases, bonuses etc to make a real judgement on a third. But keeping good players = good. And pretty sure we did the same with Jones and Trent

Nobody has gotten to a 3rd contract that quickly is the point, not Trent  and Jones is still on his 2nd contract. If it was the norm then there'd be nothing to say would there?

If you look for it you'll always find something odd because the club do things according to their own lights, using their own ideas and criteria which they don't publish or consult us about.

We won't always understand everything. Why does it matter so much? We have a top young talent on a good, length contract and (almost) everyone is happy. I can tell you I've had worse days

Do you see me posting in every thread about the "odd" thing LFC did in this instance? At the end of the day it's an outlier to me and I find it interesting. Maybe it's a sign of things to come in that he's a very ambitions player with aggressive representation?  Maybe it's not and this is the last contract ever gets at LFC? Maybe it's something else? Who knows?

I can only speak for myself but finding something intellectually interesting instead of just drooling in the transfer thread isn't a sign of a bad day. Thankfully only another couple weeks to go before it's a game every 3 days until the World Cup and probably no time for myself or others to annoy you with such things.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #3411 on: August 12, 2022, 05:37:28 pm »
I reckon it must be all a conspiracy, obviously Harvey has got pics of Julian Ward in compromising positions hence the new contract.

State of RAWK, either we're worrying about players who haven't signed contracts or we're complaining that others who have extended!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3412 on: August 12, 2022, 05:42:03 pm »
Nobody has gotten to a 3rd contract that quickly is the point, not Trent  and Jones is still on his 2nd contract. If it was the norm then there'd be nothing to say would there?

Do you see me posting in every thread about the "odd" thing LFC did in this instance? At the end of the day it's an outlier to me and I find it interesting. Maybe it's a sign of things to come in that he's a very ambitions player with aggressive representation?  Maybe it's not and this is the last contract ever gets at LFC? Maybe it's something else? Who knows?

I can only speak for myself but finding something intellectually interesting instead of just drooling in the transfer thread isn't a sign of a bad day. Thankfully only another couple weeks to go before it's a game every 3 days until the World Cup and probably no time for myself or others to annoy you with such things.
Can't imagine that ever happening...  :lickin

Joke!

Alright mate I wasn't being critical (on this occasion! ;)). Just trying to say that we don't have all the info. If we did this might seem perfectly comprehensible. But perhaps you're right and this is odd, I guess I just don't notice things like that

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3413 on: August 12, 2022, 06:57:43 pm »

But what’s the big deal? It’s pretty obvious that he is making the step up salary wise to first team levels. It’s not like he’s not earning his wages, and this is officially his second pro contract only. He was playing at Fulham as a youth player, regardless of his first team status there.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3414 on: August 12, 2022, 07:13:12 pm »

Careful,if he catches your scent,you'll be needing one of those £20,000 protection dogs.

You might want to think about setting up a gofundme.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3415 on: August 12, 2022, 07:15:06 pm »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3416 on: August 12, 2022, 07:18:01 pm »

Is it fuck,we have always rewarded progress.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #3417 on: August 12, 2022, 10:44:06 pm »
Is it fuck,we have always rewarded progress.

You seem to have omitted the part where in comparison to the other youth players such as Trent or Jones this is an outlier. Maybe we'll see monthly or weekly contract renewals based on progress next?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3418 on: August 12, 2022, 10:48:38 pm »
You seem to have omitted the part where in comparison to the other youth players such as Trent or Jones this is an outlier. Maybe we'll see monthly or weekly contract renewals based on progress next?

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #3419 on: August 12, 2022, 10:54:22 pm »

Certainly a fan of jumping into a thread, ignoring the actual conversation and posting gibberish. Bravo good sir. Have a good weekend.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3420 on: August 15, 2022, 08:32:16 pm »
He's been fantastic this first half hour.  :D

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3421 on: August 15, 2022, 08:50:29 pm »
Best player on the pitch with Robertson

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3422 on: August 15, 2022, 10:03:40 pm »
MOTM for us. A very special talent.

Needs game time and now deserves game time.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3423 on: August 15, 2022, 10:05:20 pm »
First midfielder on the team sheet for me.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3424 on: August 15, 2022, 10:08:03 pm »
Just a really great performance, balance, tenacity, vision. It makes picking the other two difficult though, especially when Thiago is fit.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #3425 on: August 15, 2022, 10:09:32 pm »
Played really well tonight, will be a great player this season.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3426 on: August 15, 2022, 10:09:43 pm »
Played a better defensive game than Fabinho and Van Dijk combined and a better attacking game than Salah and Nunez combined. Was everywhere, unafraid, eager, clever and creative. Great performance.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #3427 on: August 15, 2022, 10:09:54 pm »
MOTM for us. A very special talent.

Needs game time and now deserves game time.

Yep.
But Nunez is a fucking prick. We had 3 points for the taking there.
He needs to grow up and immediately.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3428 on: August 15, 2022, 10:10:12 pm »
Very tidy performance.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3429 on: August 15, 2022, 10:11:00 pm »
Yep.

It comments like this which is getting threads locked, why are even mentioning Nunez in the Elliot thread anyway?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3430 on: August 15, 2022, 10:11:00 pm »
One of the few bright spots. Great work defensively and some nice touches and passes.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3431 on: August 15, 2022, 10:11:20 pm »
Yep.

A fucking prick? Calm down. He messed up. He will learn from that. Besides we could easily have lost the game anyways before that.

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3432 on: August 15, 2022, 10:11:22 pm »
Yep.

Mate, just fuck off to Redditt or somewhere else.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3433 on: August 15, 2022, 10:11:50 pm »
The breakthrough season for Harvey surely.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3434 on: August 15, 2022, 10:11:58 pm »
Biggest positive tonight in terms of overall performance. Did well, really hungry for the ball, tracked back well if he lost it. Are there any games he could be given a free role with two behind him completely sitting. Might get some more space to do that away from home ?
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #3435 on: August 15, 2022, 10:12:00 pm »
It comments like this which is getting threads locked, why are even mentioning Nunez in the Elliot thread anyway?
Sorry. Game still raw in my brain.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3436 on: August 15, 2022, 10:12:00 pm »
Liked what I saw from him vs Palace. In particular in the first half. Definitely added something to our CM.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3437 on: August 15, 2022, 10:12:17 pm »
Played really well.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3438 on: August 15, 2022, 10:12:45 pm »
A very good performance. He is a brave lad, not afraid to try something, chases everything and gets stuck in. He will be a top player in no time.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #3439 on: August 15, 2022, 10:12:49 pm »
Yep.

How about you go post on Twitter instead?

Taking it back on track…. Harvey is going to be one hell of a player.