Author Topic: The mourning of departed Reds  (Read 20210 times)

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
Re: The mourning of departed Reds
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2021, 11:14:14 pm »
RIP Oliver, YNWA
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2021, 11:42:53 pm »
Bless you AJ and your family. So sorry to hear.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2021, 01:19:31 am »
Strange the way things happen, isn't it?

I hardly ever post on here these days, don't think I've stepped into this boozer for about 5 months, not since I was moaning about our house purchase.

Yet tonight, as I lie here unable to sleep, I stumble across this thread for the first time and I read it. I'm not sure what I was expecting to find, but Barney's post on the first page knocked me for six.

On the 19th of March this year I found out I was going to be a dad for the first time. I was scared, but so excited. On the 28th of May I found out I was going to have a baby boy. We bought him clothes and toys, I built his cot and his changing table. Everything was ready for him, apart from us. On the 9th July, at 9pm, our son was born 22 weeks and 1 day in to his life. I was the first person to hold him, after I'd told the doctors that they could stop their failing attempts to keep his airways open. He died 4 hours later in his mum's arms.

His funeral was on the 23rd of July. The only song played was You'll Never Walk Alone. Never have those words meant more to me than they did as I carried my son's coffin to the front of the crematorium. I'd often fantasised about the first time my son and I would hear that song together. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined it would have been in those circumstances.

I haven't spoken of this to anyone outside of close friends, family and colleagues. It feels so strange to be writing it down. But I guess whatever brought me here on this night intended for me to share it.

I hope the pain has started to ease for your friend, Barney. I hope one day it does for us too.

Rest in peace, Oliver Philip Smith. YNWA.

Oh AJ, so sorry for your loss, this is heartbreaking. RIP Oliver.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2021, 04:45:11 pm »
Thanks for all of the well wishes everyone, it means a lot. We went to collect Oliver's ashes today so he's now at home with us where he was meant to be.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2021, 04:50:04 pm »
AJ - I am so, so sorry.

My heart goes out to you and Oliver's Mum.

Angie xx
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #125 on: July 28, 2021, 04:56:00 pm »
So sorry to hear AJ, that's just so horribly sad.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #127 on: July 28, 2021, 09:02:52 pm »
JFT97
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #128 on: July 28, 2021, 09:07:40 pm »
 :'(  awful

YNWA
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2021, 09:47:18 pm »
Thanks for all of the well wishes everyone, it means a lot. We went to collect Oliver's ashes today so he's now at home with us where he was meant to be.

Wish I could give you a hug, mate. Don’t know what else to say other than I’m so, so sorry for your loss. ❤️

RIP Oliver.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: July 28, 2021, 11:16:31 pm »
thats tough and heartbreaking AJ; sorry for you.. lost good friends and parents way too early; have to deal with that  but kids are are a different matter...

been missing your posts buddy if that is any consolation.. liverpools finest.. take care
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2021, 12:22:55 am »
Oh AJ, I am so sorry to hear about this.

RIP Oliver
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2021, 07:54:03 am »
Heartbreaking that AJ, sincere condolences mate.
RIP little fella, YNWA.

Andrew Devine,so sad to hear of his passing.
RIP
JFT97
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #133 on: September 7, 2021, 06:57:38 pm »
Not sure where to post this but some very sad news today.

Terry, who posted on here for many years as Cochise has sadly passed away. He hasn’t posted on RAWK for a while but was still active on Twitter as @tzrry

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=30468

He had caught Covid recently and his wife said he sadly passed away on Saturday. RIP Terry. YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #134 on: September 7, 2021, 07:16:55 pm »

Terry, who posted on here for many years as Cochise has sadly passed away. He hasn’t posted on RAWK for a while but was still active on Twitter as @tzrry

He had caught Covid recently and his wife said he sadly passed away on Saturday. RIP Terry. YNWA
That's so sad.

I didn't know him but I do remember his username from the days before I had an account on here but used to read the site.

RIP Terry/Cochise.

Condolences to all who knew and loved him.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: September 7, 2021, 10:25:00 pm »
That's sad new Nick, I remember him.
I've updated his status.

RIP Terry.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #136 on: September 7, 2021, 10:46:20 pm »
Sorry to hear that Nick; I remember Cochise posting on here - condolences to you too, given it seems you kept in touch in some way.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: September 7, 2021, 11:11:05 pm »
An especially heartbreaking page to this thread. My heart goes out to you all.

I've often thought about setting up a thread to ask the forum to keep those struggling in their thoughts. I know most here are non-believers, but just about everybody has a big heart and a lot of love to give.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #138 on: September 7, 2021, 11:32:13 pm »
RIP Cochise.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #139 on: September 8, 2021, 12:02:31 am »
I remember Cochise from his posting days, RIP Terry.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: September 8, 2021, 12:34:04 am »
I remember Cochise from his posting days, RIP Terry.

Yes me too.  He was a cool poster and seemed like a top guy

Sad news

RIP

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: September 8, 2021, 12:51:24 am »
RIP Cochise / Terry

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #142 on: September 8, 2021, 09:27:08 am »
Yes me too.  He was a cool poster and seemed like a top guy

Sad news

RIP

Echo this

RIP Cochise AKA Terry

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #143 on: September 8, 2021, 10:05:29 am »

Proper knocked me for 6 when I saw the news yesterday. Terry was one of my favourite people to follow on Twitter. It's so weird when you interact with someone regularly on social media cos you feel like you know them even though you obviously don't really know them properly. He always came across as such a funny and genuinely nice bloke and he'll be sorely missed.

RIP Terry.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #144 on: September 8, 2021, 11:14:22 am »
RIP Terry, I remember him well as a great poster on RAWK.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #145 on: September 15, 2021, 06:11:46 am »
AJ, Whilst it's never happened to me or any of mine, I can scarcely imagine the immense sense of grief and desolation mate. God bless your little Oliver and keep him safe until it's time for you all to be together again.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2021, 12:59:03 pm »

Thats nuts. Used to have a laugh with him on there. R.I.P mate.
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #147 on: September 16, 2021, 02:10:41 pm »
Just seen that. Terrible news :(

RIP

Seemed like a really nice fella
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: September 16, 2021, 06:08:04 pm »
Cochise lives on with his ever popular 'Small things in life that really annoy' thread.  :)

RIP.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2022, 01:55:02 pm »
It's five years since our kid passed . Fuckin ell .  I'll never forget the support I got from here when I was in France trying to get home and after that. Thanks.

RIP my big brother Alan Dicko. May God bless you wherever you are.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline JoeH

• Slightly obsessed with things up the bum - thinks it's funny.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: May 10, 2022, 02:14:37 pm »
It's five years since our kid passed . Fuckin ell .  I'll never forget the support I got from here when I was in France trying to get home and after that. Thanks.

Time flies mate, but the pain never eases. Alan was a Top bloke, think of the good times and the bond of a brother. That and my Family are what keep me going since Tony passed away in 2005, seems like yesterday.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: May 10, 2022, 02:24:50 pm »

RIP to your big brother Kesey.

The council were in our street today cleaning the drains and I thought immediately of Gullysucker.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: May 10, 2022, 02:37:22 pm »

Thinking of you, Kesey.

RIP Alan.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: May 10, 2022, 03:09:31 pm »
Thanks everyone . I was by Bordeaux setting up me yoga retreat and found out a few days before it . Took me three days for the next flight and once again them PMs and the posts in the thread I started got me through them days . Thanks.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: May 10, 2022, 07:31:11 pm »
RIP Alan.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2022, 07:38:39 pm »
The council were in our street today cleaning the drains and I thought immediately of Gullysucker.
Place isn't the same without his ilk.

I'm coming on here less and less.
Kill the humourless

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: July 4, 2022, 01:31:33 pm »
Happy 52nd Alan ♡

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: July 4, 2022, 01:48:55 pm »

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: July 4, 2022, 02:35:13 pm »

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: July 4, 2022, 03:03:08 pm »
Nice one. Iam generally sound with his birthday but still... It's the annogs that gets me big time.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi