Author Topic: The mourning of departed Reds  (Read 20204 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The mourning of departed Reds
« Reply #40 on: April 4, 2019, 12:47:17 pm »
Cheers guys. We are going to see her today. I'll pass on your messages of support.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2019, 12:57:15 am »
Lee Walker .

Only found out tonight.

JFT 96 ♡
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2019, 01:20:54 am »
It's our Alan's second.

People say the first anniversary is the toughest one to deal with . I thought it was true but this one seems harder to cope with. This one has came from nowhere and walloped me like fuck.

Alan Dixon ya soft twat have a good one lad .

Your little Brother .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2019, 01:25:37 am »
And the 10th of May too.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2019, 01:30:38 am »
All the best Kesey. Just remember the great times with ya brother. It’s what he’d want.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2019, 02:49:55 am »
All the best Kesey. Just remember the great times with ya brother. It’s what he’d want.

Nice one mate but it's hard . Anybody dealing with grief will know it. The first one was dead easy but I was told that the first was the meant to be easy one.

Noooooh  !

It's been creeping up for a week this one . Iam generally ... hey... fuck everything ... we are flying on a bit of rock through space ... we are immortal... energy and consciousness cannot be destroyed and all that.

But fuck me this one is difficult .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2019, 09:20:54 am »
Thoughts are with you Kesey, bereavement on the anniversary doesn't get any easier mate.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2019, 04:39:57 pm »
Thoughts are with you Kesey, bereavement on the anniversary doesn't get any easier mate.

Cheers John.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2019, 05:27:17 pm »
Thinking of you Kesey mate. I know it is not easy but remembering the good times when this time of year come around is how I cope with such times.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2019, 09:55:58 pm »
Thinking of you Kesey mate. I know it is not easy but remembering the good times when this time of year come around is how I cope with such times.

Cheers CT.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2020, 11:44:30 am »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2020, 03:40:11 pm »
R.I.P lad .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2020, 03:59:23 pm »
RIP Dicko
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2020, 04:01:52 pm »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2020, 04:02:41 pm »
Ta Chopper.

I was still oblivious to what happened til about 5pm as was in rural France. Hit me fucking hard when I found out. Think I gridded a bottle of wine in about five minutes.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2020, 04:02:58 pm »
Ta SOS.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2020, 09:25:01 pm »
And the sun sets..

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2020, 09:39:17 pm »
[emoji179]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2020, 11:02:50 pm »
Cheers Debs.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Capon Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2020, 01:09:33 am »
R.I.P.  xx
MAM!!! OUR BARRYS WEARING ME UNDIES AGAIN!! TELL HIM WILL YE!!

https://thedeadradiobroadcast.bandcamp.com/releases
https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2020, 09:30:17 am »
Your bro’s banner was the perfect reply to the season long chants of oppo supporters. Just pure quality. RIP, hope you’re doing ok. The anniversaries are the toughest.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2020, 05:47:40 pm »
Your bro’s banner was the perfect reply to the season long chants of oppo supporters. Just pure quality. RIP, hope you’re doing ok. The anniversaries are the toughest.

Cheers. It was our kids idea that banner and the Pete Price one was mine. He done a belter for Athens too There Are Places I Remember and 5 European Cups and  all the places were we'd won our cup . Possibly Athens and a question mark too. Cant believe since his passing we've been to two finals.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2020, 07:04:08 pm »
RIP Arthur, condolences to his family.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2020, 10:14:58 am »
RIP Mr. Ed - absolute legend.
He’d get you a ticket for the match, buy you a pint in the Phil and tell you how how shite you were when you played for Halewood Juniors  ;D
A charming and brilliant football man.
A small thing I suppose but St. Marks would be absolutely rammed if it weren’t for the lockdown.
Condolences to Margaret, Sandra, Paul and Stephen.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2020, 03:12:19 pm »
We lost my dad on the 13th of April just past. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in late 2017 and had gradually declined since, eventually losing interest in most things, including football. Football had been his passion from boyhood, playing for and captaining his local team from his teens through to his thirties, before becoming a full time spectator, both with me at the games, and from his sofa at home. He was a football man. Every weekend as I was growing up he'd be at a game somewhere. Always trying to persuade me to go with him. Often failing in those attempts. Seeing that passion fade away, seeing who he was fade away, was absolutely heartbreaking to watch play out. He's the reason that I got into football, and he's the reason I support Liverpool. He took me to my first game at Anfield in '98, a 2-1 win against Sheffield Wednesday. Berger and Owen on the scoresheet that day. He took me to Dortmund for the 2001 UEFA Cup Final, even though it meant skipping my A/S Level exams, he didn't care. That was the first trophy I saw the Reds win live, and having that memory with him is something that I will cherish for the rest of my life. One of my best memories in football, and in life, full stop. As I got a bit older, as you do, I stopped going with him and started going with mates. At that age you can't afford much though, so a little like Hij, my dad subbed me for Istanbul. Part time work at Tesco wasn't covering the cost of that trip. He knew he was never getting that money back, but he gave me it without hesitation. He loved that I was so passionate about the game that he had immersed himself in for so many years, that we had that added bond around football, and helping me to follow that, and seeing the enjoyment it gave me, I think meant a lot to him. I know it did.

The last game that we went to together was the 2-1 defeat at home to Wolves in the FA Cup in January 2017. Looking back, even then I should have seen the change in him. I guess to an extent I just didn't want to see it. He was incredibly withdrawn, particularly from the standards of a man who would regularly make me laugh over the years at his apparent need to say hello to absolutely everyone he passed. Whether they responded didn't seem to matter, it was more about being positive, and spreading that positivity. We'd regularly have people shout to him if we were walking somewhere and I'd ask who they were; "I don't have a clue mate", he'd whisper before shouting back to them as if he was greeting an old friend. That said a lot about him and how he approached life, and I loved him for it. It wasn't just that, he taught me so many things. One of the most patient, friendly and caring people you could ever meet. Always there for me, no matter what, or when, or the circumstances. He wanted You'll Never Walk Alone at his funeral, and so of course we played it. That song has sentimentality to all of us for obvious reasons, but it will carry an added significance to me now, and the next time I get the opportunity to stand at Anfield and sing it, i'll be singing it to my dad. I'm not religious and I don't believe in the afterlife, but I'm comforted by the simple knowledge that he's no longer suffering. That the cruelty of dementia will not now have the opportunity to take more of him away. That we shared so many great times, both in general and in following the Reds - and as long as I have those, he'll always be with me. That's my comfort. The thing that devastates me is that he never got the opportunity to meet his grandchildren. Our twin boys were born two days after his birthday, in February. I had arranged for him to come and visit them the week after they came home, but the day before I was due to pick him up he was taken into hospital, and coupled with the lock-down restrictions, the opportunity was lost. They will know through me who he was, though, i'll make sure of that, and I know that he would have been their hero, just as he will always be mine, had they had the chance to know him as I did. And so, on Sunday I'll watch my first Liverpool game without my dad, and for the first time after a game I won't be able to call him and discuss the fallout. To be honest, he's probably glad of that. I will watch it with our boys though, and i'll be thinking of him. Always.

You'll never walk alone, dad.

Francis Revell, 1937-2020
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 03:16:11 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2020, 04:04:47 pm »
That’s a lovely eulogy Mate.
You had some great days watching the mighty reds with your father
YNWA.

I just noticed he’s the same age as my father - I’m still blessed to have him - we also went to the Wolves game - and it’s a once every 5 years or so for him these days. I was just thinking after reading Yorky’s fantastic piece about the 47 season I can’t wait to speak to my dad later and ask him if he had any memories of the season and the weather. Your post makes me realize how lucky I am and how much I treasure his company. Cheers
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 04:08:40 pm by kavah »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2020, 04:20:13 pm »
We lost my dad on the 13th of April just past. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in late 2017 and had gradually declined since, eventually losing interest in most things, including football. Football had been his passion from boyhood, playing for and captaining his local team from his teens through to his thirties, before becoming a full time spectator, both with me at the games, and from his sofa at home. He was a football man. Every weekend as I was growing up he'd be at a game somewhere. Always trying to persuade me to go with him. Often failing in those attempts. Seeing that passion fade away, seeing who he was fade away, was absolutely heartbreaking to watch play out. He's the reason that I got into football, and he's the reason I support Liverpool. He took me to my first game at Anfield in '98, a 2-1 win against Sheffield Wednesday. Berger and Owen on the scoresheet that day. He took me to Dortmund for the 2001 UEFA Cup Final, even though it meant skipping my A/S Level exams, he didn't care. That was the first trophy I saw the Reds win live, and having that memory with him is something that I will cherish for the rest of my life. One of my best memories in football, and in life, full stop. As I got a bit older, as you do, I stopped going with him and started going with mates. At that age you can't afford much though, so a little like Hij, my dad subbed me for Istanbul. Part time work at Tesco wasn't covering the cost of that trip. He knew he was never getting that money back, but he gave me it without hesitation. He loved that I was so passionate about the game that he had immersed himself in for so many years, that we had that added bond around football, and helping me to follow that, and seeing the enjoyment it gave me, I think meant a lot to him. I know it did.

The last game that we went to together was the 2-1 defeat at home to Wolves in the FA Cup in January 2017. Looking back, even then I should have seen the change in him. I guess to an extent I just didn't want to see it. He was incredibly withdrawn, particularly from the standards of a man who would regularly make me laugh over the years at his apparent need to say hello to absolutely everyone he passed. Whether they responded didn't seem to matter, it was more about being positive, and spreading that positivity. We'd regularly have people shout to him if we were walking somewhere and I'd ask who they were; "I don't have a clue mate", he'd whisper before shouting back to them as if he was greeting an old friend. That said a lot about him and how he approached life, and I loved him for it. It wasn't just that, he taught me so many things. One of the most patient, friendly and caring people you could ever meet. Always there for me, no matter what, or when, or the circumstances. He wanted You'll Never Walk Alone at his funeral, and so of course we played it. That song has sentimentality to all of us for obvious reasons, but it will carry an added significance to me now, and the next time I get the opportunity to stand at Anfield and sing it, i'll be singing it to my dad. I'm not religious and I don't believe in the afterlife, but I'm comforted by the simple knowledge that he's no longer suffering. That the cruelty of dementia will not now have the opportunity to take more of him away. That we shared so many great times, both in general and in following the Reds - and as long as I have those, he'll always be with me. That's my comfort. The thing that devastates me is that he never got the opportunity to meet his grandchildren. Our twin boys were born two days after his birthday, in February. I had arranged for him to come and visit them the week after they came home, but the day before I was due to pick him up he was taken into hospital, and coupled with the lock-down restrictions, the opportunity was lost. They will know through me who he was, though, i'll make sure of that, and I know that he would have been their hero, just as he will always be mine, had they had the chance to know him as I did. And so, on Sunday I'll watch my first Liverpool game without my dad, and for the first time after a game I won't be able to call him and discuss the fallout. To be honest, he's probably glad of that. I will watch it with our boys though, and i'll be thinking of him. Always.

You'll never walk alone, dad.

Francis Revell, 1937-2020

RIP to your dad, that's a lovely tribute. YNWA Francis.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2020, 04:37:59 pm »
Grobbelrevell that is a heartbreaking but beautiful tribute. Those are memories to be cherished and passed on to you kids. He sounds like a great man. RIP Francis YNWA
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2020, 09:40:47 pm »
[emoji174]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2020, 10:06:37 pm »
RIP Franny

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2020, 10:14:14 pm »
RIP :(
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2020, 10:26:01 am »
RIP Francis.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: September 3, 2020, 07:06:48 pm »
With huge sadness we add one of RAWK's finest poster to the thread - The Gulleysucker, who died on Thursday, 3rd September 2020, age 65.

RIP Nick.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345958.msg17337754#msg17337754

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: September 3, 2020, 09:14:58 pm »
RIP Nick.

YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #76 on: September 3, 2020, 10:34:21 pm »
I only knew Gulleysucker on here and didn't even know his real name. Despite that, today's news of his tragic loss feels like a kick in the guts.

I'd just been out to see off a lovely neighbour's funeral cortege, then I looked on RAWK to see this news.

To be honest, I can hardly believe it.

RIP Gulley/Nick. You will be sorely missed on here.  :'(

YNWA.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: September 3, 2020, 10:49:33 pm »
RIP nick/gulleysucker, A guy who knew everything without being a smart arse; a gentle soul with a wicked/dry sense of humour.. gonna miss him..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #78 on: September 3, 2020, 10:50:06 pm »
Like a lot of people on here I didn't know Gully in real life; wish I had though  :(
I only knew him from his varied, and informative, posts on here.
R.I.P Gully, you'll be sorely missed.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #79 on: September 3, 2020, 11:00:50 pm »
didnt see eye to eye at times but R I P Gully that is so sad
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway