Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1880681 times)

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #14640 on: November 27, 2022, 10:23:37 am »
Wouldn’t be surprised, best imo to let him go and move on .

Never got the impression especially lately he is happy at the club .

How did you get that "impression"? Can't be body language as nobody has seen the guy on the pitch for months and he has not done interviews?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #14641 on: November 27, 2022, 11:52:47 am »
How did you get that "impression"? Can't be body language as nobody has seen the guy on the pitch for months and he has not done interviews?

Someone saw him in the Asda looking hangdog as he sadly perused the offers aisle.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #14642 on: November 27, 2022, 12:13:36 pm »
Someone saw him in the Asda looking hangdog as he sadly perused the offers aisle.

To be fair though, Asda is a bit shit these days.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #14643 on: November 27, 2022, 12:51:47 pm »
To be fair though, Asda is a bit shit these days.

Yeh. He walked out empty handed and got the bus to the Aldi.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14644 on: November 27, 2022, 03:18:45 pm »
Terrible, albeit some of that was due to not being selected.

Probably wasn't selected as hes coming back from an injury (or nursing a niggle). Otherwise when fit, he'd more likely be starting

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14645 on: November 28, 2022, 10:26:06 am »
One of the most disappointing and frustrating signings by the club in recent years, really good player when fit, but when is he ever fit nowadays?

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #14646 on: November 28, 2022, 12:11:59 pm »
And that’s the reason he was continued to be paid whilst injured.

I'm talking about a renewal. Clearly we have to pay him whilst under contract.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14647 on: November 28, 2022, 12:40:30 pm »
Does it really make sense to pay someone £150k p/w for 3 years when you know he's not going to play for the majority of that contract? No one has a crystal ball, but Keita getting injured is about as close to a sure thing as you can get. Abundance of talent, but sadly not built for the PL. . . . . or we need a new doctor or something.

Time to move on, I think.

Well, if that is what we are offering him, then that is a total expenditure of £23.4 million, £7.8m a year.  So the question should be - "do we think we can sell him for more than whatever fraction of that expenditure has elapsed by the time we sell him?".  So if we keep him one more year, then can we sell him for £8m or more.  If we can, unless we have an immediate replacement lined up (both in the CM sense, as well as a foreign member of the squad), then it can be financially prudent to make that deal - as it would then give us more money to spend on new transfers a year down the line, say.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #14648 on: November 30, 2022, 10:59:37 am »
Well Scotty, looks like we dont need a replacement for him right now, with Elliot being actually good. Our first team starters are Fabinho/Thiago/Elliot/Henderson, supplemented by James Milner, Curtis Jones, Carvalho and Bajectic.

Thats a lot of players. Its wiser to get him off the books, same with Ox. The real replacement we need to be doing is Henderson (RCM). He's not getting any younger, and hopefully he's got Bellingham's ear in the England camp.

If Curtis Jones doesnt make significant strides this year, we should look for an athletic player for LCM. Rumours are Brighton's Caicedo. Though I still think Jones has a high ceiling.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #14649 on: December 22, 2022, 09:58:22 pm »
The guy can no longer run,he makes Fabinho look quick.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline fallenhd

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14650 on: December 22, 2022, 10:00:58 pm »

It called lack of match fitness. You know what happens after not playing for a while. If you need a detailed explanation let me know. Remember no stupid question, just
what you did before........................

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #14651 on: December 22, 2022, 10:02:03 pm »
He's alive. Interesting.

"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14652 on: December 22, 2022, 10:02:45 pm »
It called lack of match fitness. You know what happens after not playing for a while. If you need a detailed explanation let me know. Remember no stupid question, just

He is slow though!

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14653 on: December 22, 2022, 10:06:45 pm »
He is slow though!

That he is! That was the one thing that always surprised me when he came here from RBL - I was sure he seemed faster - but not so.

Offline Big Dirk

• Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #14654 on: December 22, 2022, 10:07:08 pm »
Lack of match fitness makes him slow?Ive heard it all now!He came on as a sub and couldn’t run ffs.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14655 on: December 22, 2022, 10:08:41 pm »
Yeah and I think he has lost a little bit too. Which given how brutal injuries have been for him wouldn't be a surprise. We know it happens because we saw what happened to Sturridge.

Offline Big Dirk

• Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #14656 on: December 22, 2022, 10:08:54 pm »
That he is! That was the one thing that always surprised me when he came here from RBL - I was sure he seemed faster - but not so.
He was never as slow as he is now..if he gets offered a new contract then we deserve all we get.

Offline fallenhd

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14657 on: December 22, 2022, 10:09:22 pm »
Lack of match fitness makes him slow?Ive heard it all now!He came on as a sub and couldn’t run ffs.

Umm yes, you will be slower than normal working your way back from injury/lack of match fitness. Are you new/ignorant/genuinely unaware/just dense.

Offline Big Dirk

• Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #14658 on: December 22, 2022, 10:15:12 pm »
Umm yes, you will be slower than normal working your way back from injury/lack of match fitness. Are you new/ignorant/genuinely unaware/just dense.
I think you will find you are dense or maybe you are another one of these strange Keita fc fans.Lacking match fitness makes you rusty and late into the tackle but it doesn’t mean you can’t move…the Ox seemed to be able to run despite lacking match fitness.

Offline DHRED

• Main Stander
« Reply #14659 on: December 22, 2022, 10:23:53 pm »

Tell me you've never played football without telling me you've never played football

Offline Big Dirk

• Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #14660 on: December 22, 2022, 10:30:13 pm »
Tell me you've never played football without telling me you've never played football
Yes played at a shit level…so you go along with the view that coming back from injury means you can’t run?

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14661 on: December 22, 2022, 10:30:24 pm »
I don't really know what to expect from him. Hopefully he gets a good run in the team now.

Offline DHRED

• Main Stander
« Reply #14662 on: December 22, 2022, 10:32:28 pm »
Yes played at a shit level…so you go along with the view that coming back from injury means you can’t run?

Yes, and if you're telling the truth that you played then you should know this.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #14663 on: December 22, 2022, 10:33:29 pm »
Well least he made it onto the pitch, never thought that would happen.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14664 on: December 22, 2022, 10:34:29 pm »
I thought he looked alright considering he's been out for ages and who he was up against

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14665 on: December 22, 2022, 10:35:22 pm »
I don't really know what to expect from him. Hopefully he gets a good run in the team now.

He came on in a makeshift side chasing the game. I thought he looked keen and confident and i just hope he stays fit as he is an asset.

Offline Big Dirk

• Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #14666 on: December 22, 2022, 10:35:27 pm »
Yes, and if you're telling the truth that you played then you should know this.
Seriously go and have a look at his cameo appearance tonight and him trying to track back,he can barely move ffs.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #14667 on: December 23, 2022, 01:25:40 am »

His astonishing lack of mobility out of possession is definitely something the Keita fanatics have always been keen to gloss over. He's not alone in that regard though. We are remarkably one-paced in the engine room now and we're not going to make giant strides forward again until that changes.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14668 on: December 23, 2022, 01:43:36 am »
Hopefully he plays a few games between now and end of the season when he leaves.  We really can't be stupid enough to offer him a new deal.  :D

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14669 on: December 23, 2022, 07:20:54 am »
His astonishing lack of mobility out of possession is definitely something the Keita fanatics have always been keen to gloss over. He's not alone in that regard though. We are remarkably one-paced in the engine room now and we're not going to make giant strides forward again until that changes.

Really? I’m about as positive as anyone re Keita on here but I don’t gloss over that, see above!

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #14670 on: December 23, 2022, 08:02:28 am »

It's why he's never first choice. He plays when Henderson or Thiago is injured or needs a rest.and was always behind Gini.

That being said he's still one of our best midfielders.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14671 on: December 23, 2022, 01:18:34 pm »
He actually moves with the ball well and his low centre of gravity means he can cover short distances quite quickly but he's always been slow over longer distances. Same with Thiago. They are not going to catch many players in a 50 yard dash. Same with Fabinho actually. God our midfielder has become so pedestrian!

Offline RedSmoke

• Kemlynite
  • He'll pass the ball, calm as you like....
« Reply #14672 on: December 23, 2022, 01:20:50 pm »

Completely agree with this about our midfield. We must have the most immobile midfield going. Been painful watching teams run through and then away from our midfield this season. Really hoping we do something about that in January (and straight away in Jan, none of this hanging around until deadline day bollocks!)

Offline number 168

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14673 on: December 23, 2022, 01:29:03 pm »

Not sure what you mean by "Keita fanatics". There are those who see him as not worth a place in the team and blame him for his injuries, are they fanatics? Most people seem to think that he's a decent player, popular with his team mates who has just had incredibly bad luck with injuries, some caused by being mishandled at international level. I don't see any blind to reality and think he is world class everytime he laces a pair of boots. They would be 'fanatics' I guess.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #14675 on: December 24, 2022, 02:53:57 am »
https://mobile.twitter.com/SamanthaQuek/status/1606039256975097858

I have 2 jerseys with his name on it that are basically worthless now that I’d love to send her.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14676 on: December 24, 2022, 04:17:43 pm »
I have 2 jerseys with his name on it that are basically worthless now that I’d love to send her.

The obvious question - TWO jerseys? I'm hoping you bought them both at the same time in his first season.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #14677 on: December 24, 2022, 07:27:40 pm »
The obvious question - TWO jerseys? I'm hoping you bought them both at the same time in his first season.

Yep, first season. I only bought one. My dad got the 2nd as he misunderstood that I already had one, thought I was saying I wanted one. Funnily enough it’s the one I wore the most out of all the NB jerseys as it’s long sleeved. Wish Nike sold them like that.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14678 on: December 26, 2022, 08:29:47 pm »
Feels like a controversial statement but he really improved us when he came on.
He'll be gone shortly either by injury or the end of his contract but really highlighted our need for midfield reinforcements.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14679 on: December 26, 2022, 08:33:12 pm »
Feels like a controversial statement but he really improved us when he came on.
He'll be gone shortly either by injury or the end of his contract but really highlighted our need for midfield reinforcements.

Why would it be controversial, when it’s the truth?