Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1888188 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #13480 on: June 6, 2022, 10:39:08 pm »
wait til the Wakandans hear about this.

I don't think they even have electricity in Wakanda yet. What you on about?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #13481 on: June 7, 2022, 12:09:15 am »
I don't think they even have electricity in Wakanda yet. What you on about?

Wakandan player songs are acoustic, all good...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #13482 on: June 7, 2022, 01:44:03 pm »
Glad he is getting a contract extension. I thought he was good this season and at times excellent (Inter away, Benfica away, Villarreal away).

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13483 on: June 7, 2022, 01:52:30 pm »
Wakandan player songs are acoustic, all good...

Vibranium based instruments.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #13484 on: June 7, 2022, 03:45:18 pm »
Mixed feelings on this one…

On the plus side we get more seasons of a top class midfielder at the club

On the minus side we get more seasons of having to battle bile and ignorance in the RAWK player thread

Exactly my feelings, always expected him to stay but glad to hear that it’s in the works.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13485 on: June 7, 2022, 03:48:13 pm »
At this point, he'd need to score worldies most weeks and top the assists chart all season for the bile to stop.

Of course even then one bad miss and we'd be off again.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #13486 on: June 10, 2022, 01:58:00 am »
At this point, he'd need to score worldies most weeks and top the assists chart all season for the bile to stop.

Of course even then one bad miss and we'd be off again.

He read your post at half time

https://twitter.com/daveockop/status/1534960311853277184?s=21&t=VSeszyakvjrfiwnDdRNMZA
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #13487 on: June 10, 2022, 10:43:16 am »
If Keita and Milner are both renewing, it looks like a new midfielder's probably off the table for this summer. Probably the right decision if Tchouameni's going elsewhere, hopefully we'll see Jones and Elliott taking a few more minutes too.
We are saving good amount of money there, if it's true. I hope Keita will not face constant niggling injuries too, next season.

On another note... But when Naby is on his game, the Reds are always playing in full flow.  8)  8)

I am not sure another midfielder, Ox would stay or not... But he's reportedly attracting interest from Premier League clubs.

Glad that if Keita and Milner are both renewing.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13488 on: June 10, 2022, 12:43:20 pm »
Watcing Naby play for his country is like watching a different player at times. His last minute winner against Malawi was great and followed an all action performance from him, different to his effective but controlled games for us. Perhaps with Nunez and a possible change of formation Naby might get a freer role?

Online Le Westalero

• Main Stander
  • You can count on Jürgen Norbert Klopp
« Reply #13489 on: June 10, 2022, 01:19:53 pm »
Watcing Naby play for his country is like watching a different player at times. His last minute winner against Malawi was great and followed an all action performance from him, different to his effective but controlled games for us. Perhaps with Nunez and a possible change of formation Naby might get a freer role?

That might be quite right.

I mean I've watched him quite a lot in the Bundesliga. He was one of the best midfielders over the years.

So I'll be glad if he continues at our place and hope he can continue there how his last season went.

Offline marmite sw

• Main Stander
« Reply #13490 on: July 11, 2022, 04:38:45 pm »
have a feeling hes going to be a beast this year if hes fully fit we saw bits last season
im autistic and have dyslexia as well as being born deaf so if thats a problem then its your problem ... awaits the gramma nazis ......lfc supporter since 1976 watch every game and get up to liverpool as often as i can......

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #13491 on: July 11, 2022, 05:12:29 pm »
have a feeling hes going to be a beast this year if hes fully fit we saw bits last season

Klopp said at the end of last season Naby is in the best shape of his life. Add a full pre-season to that (hopefully) and it bodes well.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13492 on: July 11, 2022, 05:54:26 pm »

Or it's like watching him play against a different standard of opposition...

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #13493 on: July 11, 2022, 11:29:22 pm »
We need to get Keita tied down onto a new contract.  He still has a big future here, we don’t want him walking for free next summer.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13494 on: July 21, 2022, 06:40:02 pm »
His new haircut makes him look like such a baller.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13495 on: July 21, 2022, 10:42:41 pm »
come on, now.

it wasn't that bad.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #13496 on: July 22, 2022, 12:53:26 am »
come on, now.

it wasn't that bad.

More than four hours to respond, SamLad; you're still in preseason form... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13497 on: July 22, 2022, 01:23:00 am »
More than four hours to respond, SamLad; you're still in preseason form... :D
I know, mate.

more windsprints needed !!

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13498 on: July 22, 2022, 08:20:33 am »
Keita's haircut is counter-intuitive.
The haircut has removed millimeters off his head but now he looks like a pro basketball player so looks taller.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #13499 on: August 2, 2022, 12:43:26 pm »
So now Jota's signed a new contract, Naby is the last of the hold outs.

I wonder what the situation behind the scenes is?

Has he told them he wants a fresh challenge like Sadio did?
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13500 on: August 2, 2022, 01:05:24 pm »
So now Jota's signed a new contract, Naby is the last of the hold outs.

I wonder what the situation behind the scenes is?

Has he told them he wants a fresh challenge like Sadio did?
It seemed to be a done deal a few weeks ago.  I hope he stays but realistically he's not going to get a bumper contract like Salah and Jota as he's not performed at that level.  As a free agent he could probably negotiate a better deal elsewhere and be more pivotal to that team but he won't be playing for us and competing for every trophy going.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13501 on: August 2, 2022, 01:10:26 pm »
It seemed to be a done deal a few weeks ago.  I hope he stays but realistically he's not going to get a bumper contract like Salah and Jota as he's not performed at that level.  As a free agent he could probably negotiate a better deal elsewhere and be more pivotal to that team but he won't be playing for us and competing for every trophy going.

Not sure about that. Jurgen rates the guy and, with a new focus for attack in Nunez, Naby's talent for a forward pass will be very handy.

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13502 on: August 2, 2022, 01:26:26 pm »
Not sure about that. Jurgen rates the guy and, with a new focus for attack in Nunez, Naby's talent for a forward pass will be very handy.

The qauilty is there but what about reliability. I think it will depend on the medical department opinion.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13503 on: August 2, 2022, 02:12:22 pm »
i hope he signs but on lesser terms but still competitive enough with what other clubs can compensate him with

think he knows that his reliability is an issue but if he is willing to play a squad role then he should stay. No other clubs will get him as much chances as a trophy haul other than maybe than the likes of bayern and psg.

how does he compare to our other midfielders in terms of minutes played? Thought he was having a pretty good season when his minutes was being rotated and managed with thiago.

Offline number 168

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13504 on: August 2, 2022, 02:18:27 pm »
The qauilty is there but what about reliability. I think it will depend on the medical department opinion.

Maybe, but he only missed 8 games through injury last season whereas Bobby missed 22, Thiago 23, Jones missed 14, even Trent missed 4 so it seems his injury worries are past him. Hope sp.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #13505 on: August 2, 2022, 02:23:15 pm »
i hope he signs but on lesser terms but still competitive enough with what other clubs can compensate him with

think he knows that his reliability is an issue but if he is willing to play a squad role then he should stay. No other clubs will get him as much chances as a trophy haul other than maybe than the likes of bayern and psg.

how does he compare to our other midfielders in terms of minutes played? Thought he was having a pretty good season when his minutes was being rotated and managed with thiago.

I really dont know what world people live in sometimes with footballers wages :D

He's just coming into what should be his prime years as a midfielder, he's won every trophy its possible to win since he joined, he's just probably had his best season here (certainly the one where he's played the most), he's seeing other first teamers getting pay rises....and you think he'd accept a pay-cut? I mean it'd be tremendous if we could just get our players to accept pay-cuts but in reality, its only going to happen at the tail end of their career ala Milner.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #13506 on: August 2, 2022, 02:47:23 pm »
On his injury record, I think the medical department have realised that both he and Thiago shouldn't be playing every three days. They just don't have the physical capability to do that.

The solution was to rotate them.

It's also a lot easier with 5 subs.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline TtotheVizzo

• Main Stander
« Reply #13507 on: August 2, 2022, 03:02:05 pm »
I'm not sure he could get a better deal elsewhere given his fitness issues, even if you take into account free agents signing on fees.

I think the fact of the matter is that his signing is largely viewed as a failure by fans of other clubs, and even by lots of our own, and that is 99% down to his fitness issues. He has shown that when he gets a run of games he can be very good, if not quite the game changing midfield signing we expected, but his form always takes a massive dip after an injury which outside of last season was very often.

He also gets a ridiculous level of backing from both Klopp and the other staff, Ljinders really bigged him up in some of the recent quotes from his book, and seems like he is well liked within the squad.

I think an extension based on slightly improved terms with some appearance based clauses will probably be the way they end up going with Naby.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13508 on: August 2, 2022, 03:29:33 pm »
think the fact he took gerrards number and came with a massive fee didnt help.

we all kind of expected a full blooded all action midfielder but instead got a intelligent modern midfielder that is rather often injured.

not sure his all action role have been changed to our conservative midfield because of his injury record or because of the way we play. 

he is still only 27 and looking forward is coming to his peak as mentioned. Thiago and hendo are not getting any younger and future planning of our midfield is hopefully underway as our forward and defensive personnel seems pretty settled.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #13509 on: August 15, 2022, 01:07:12 pm »
Any news on his contract?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #13510 on: August 15, 2022, 01:19:51 pm »
He's super over-rated on the ole twitter.

Its annoying, when Keita arrived, people thought he was the successor to Henderson. His fans turned on Milner, Wijnaldum and Henderson. Most recently, theyve even turned on Curtis Jones and Elliot. I'm pretty sure someone even compiled an every-touch compilation of Curtis Jones errors too. This isnt healthy.

As the window draws to a close, it would be interesting to see if any team tests our resolve with him.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13511 on: August 15, 2022, 03:37:51 pm »

Its annoying, when Keita arrived, people thought he was the successor to Henderson. His fans turned on Milner, Wijnaldum and Henderson. Most recently, theyve even turned on Curtis Jones and Elliot. I'm pretty sure someone even compiled an every-touch compilation of Curtis Jones errors too. This isnt healthy.

As the window draws to a close, it would be interesting to see if any team tests our resolve with him.

Going on, then. Let's see some of these Twitter posts.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #13512 on: August 15, 2022, 04:18:30 pm »
the stats lads love him. im not about to get obsessive looking through twitter for these posts. im blocked by all of his fans anyway. haha.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13513 on: August 15, 2022, 04:54:01 pm »
Just had another look at that volley against Palace last year - what a goal that was!!!

Hope he starts tonight.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13514 on: August 15, 2022, 04:57:37 pm »
the stats lads love him. im not about to get obsessive looking through twitter for these posts. im blocked by all of his fans anyway. haha.

I’m not really sure why any Liverpool fan wouldn’t appreciate him, given he’s a very good football player who has done very well for us when on the pitch and been unfortunate with injuries and a terrible national coach. The stats back this up and so does the eye test. Then there are those who were expecting the 2nd coming, whose disappointment has resulted in a harsher than fair judgement on him and those who’ve formed their opinion of him based on several poor games and nothing will shift it.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 07:25:14 pm by Knight »

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #13515 on: August 15, 2022, 04:58:27 pm »

You must follow some absolute losers if that's the case. I admittedly spend way too much time on Twitter, but I rarely see anything to the degree you've described.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #13516 on: August 15, 2022, 05:22:09 pm »
Baring in mind he reckons he's blocked by anyone with a good opinion of Keita, he probably counts anyone who doesn't think he's complete dog shit as overrating him.

Why a Liverpool fan would want to make it their mission to convince other people that someone who's a decent member of the best squad we've ever had is useless, I will never understand.

Online y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13517 on: August 15, 2022, 10:11:58 pm »
Where the fuck is he?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13518 on: August 15, 2022, 10:12:32 pm »
Back to not being trusted it seems - even given the situation

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #13519 on: August 15, 2022, 10:13:05 pm »
Where the fuck is he?

On the bench wasn’t he ?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.