Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2872009 times)

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #23720 on: July 1, 2022, 06:19:20 pm »
I was on the phone to a Bitter mate on business and took the opportunity of congratulating his club on selling the most obnoxious footballer in the country, when he told me "I bet you're glad about Salah". I hadn't hard and he was pig sick he was the one to make my day!
"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #23721 on: July 1, 2022, 06:19:28 pm »
That video on Instagram though :lmao I wondered what I stumbled onto for a minute, interesting choice in music.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23722 on: July 1, 2022, 06:20:38 pm »
Nice, has Mo got a new hat ?

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23723 on: July 1, 2022, 06:21:33 pm »
Happy he has signed a new deal!

Also, surprised we have given him £350k on one hand, but not surprised on the other.

Current (previous now) deal works out at about £10m per year on his £200k p/w.

Now will be on about £18m per year on £350k per week.

£8m difference a year, but if we do sell him next year or the year after, you actually make money all things considered.

Just hope it doesn't upset the apple cart now, more than anything.

You're not looking at the whole pie though. Yeah, it could go all pear shaped and the club might look like lemons in giving him a new deal but equally, it could all go peachy.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23724 on: July 1, 2022, 06:21:54 pm »
Nice, has Mo got a new hat ?

he can afford a nice one now.

Offline SalahsLeftFoot

• Main Stander
« Reply #23725 on: July 1, 2022, 06:22:42 pm »
Happy he has signed a new deal!

Also, surprised we have given him £350k on one hand, but not surprised on the other.

Current (previous now) deal works out at about £10m per year on his £200k p/w.

Now will be on about £18m per year on £350k per week.

£8m difference a year, but if we do sell him next year or the year after, you actually make money all things considered.

Just hope it doesn't upset the apple cart now, more than anything.

The club are saying it is a heavily incentivised £350k a week based on appearance/trophies/etc. I am guessing he will only be getting anywhere near that figure if he pretty much plays every game, scores a shed load of goals and helps the club win several trophies per season.

And who is going to upset ?? There were plenty of people quoting the conspiracy theory that they only got Virg, TAA, etc renewed before Salah as it meant they couldn't do anything about it when Salah came along and renewed on a bumper contract.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2022, 06:24:50 pm by SalahsLeftFoot »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #23726 on: July 1, 2022, 06:23:50 pm »
You're not looking at the whole pie though. Yeah, it could go all pear shaped and the club might look like lemons in giving him a new deal but equally, it could all go peachy.

Objecting to Mo signing a new deal is nothing more than sour grapes...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23727 on: July 1, 2022, 06:27:24 pm »
Sweet baby jesus!! Just seen this after a long day at work. Fucking amazing news. Skipping my tea and going straight on the ale.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23728 on: July 1, 2022, 06:28:16 pm »
All hail the ITKs who called it.

Trying my best not to gloat but I called this last October.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #23729 on: July 1, 2022, 06:28:23 pm »
Sweet baby jesus!! Just seen this after a long day at work. Fucking amazing news. Skipping my tea and going straight on the ale.

You will regret it tomorrow.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23730 on: July 1, 2022, 06:28:53 pm »
Awesome news, nice one Mo  :D
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #23731 on: July 1, 2022, 06:29:45 pm »
What?

He signed a deal when I was asleep in the sofa and thus couldn't F5 RAWK? Cheeky bastard :D

(yeah it was announced before but who cares? Nice one Mo!)
« Last Edit: July 1, 2022, 06:31:55 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #23732 on: July 1, 2022, 06:31:28 pm »
He couldn't have left after the selfie abs war beginning with Darwin

Mo has the best abs title to win again!

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23733 on: July 1, 2022, 06:31:40 pm »
Easily the most important deal of the summer.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #23734 on: July 1, 2022, 06:32:37 pm »
He should ease into fourth on our all-time league goalscorer list this season and quite possibly top 5 overall, though he would need 31 in all comps, something he has done in 3 of his 5 seasons.

Now we have Salah, Nunez, Diaz, Jota, and Carvalho for the next few years and Bobby for at least one more season. Not bad firepower that  :)

Mo clearly wanted to wait until he was rid of Mane before his signed  :P

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23735 on: July 1, 2022, 06:33:16 pm »
Fuck me we’re gonna wreak havoc next season.

Offline lfcthekop

• knows how to inbed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23736 on: July 1, 2022, 06:36:18 pm »
That video on Instagram though :lmao I wondered what I stumbled onto for a minute, interesting choice in music.
Can you link it please?

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #23737 on: July 1, 2022, 06:37:49 pm »
Mo clearly wanted to wait until he was rid of Mane before his signed  :P

Yeah I was quite confident he would sign up the moment the club agreed to let Mané go. First of all, they don't appear to have gotten along so well at a personal level. It's a bit like two colleagues who work very well on the same team but just are generally annoyed with one another to the point where they feel the need to go separate ways regardless. Secondly, the club would be likely to use the funds of Mané and Minamino to have sufficient capital to make Mo an offer he'd accept.

Either way, being until '25 even then it would make sense to sign him up for the rest of Klopp's contract. I have no concerns about Mo's ability to stay in top shape until he nears 35. He's just got that sublime technique and football intelligence to play a top role for half a decade more. Playing with Núñez and Díaz, his role will change a bit with a #9 more into the penalty box and Díaz being more of a winger than a wideout striker like Mané. It will evolve a bit, but he'll play a crucial role. If Núñez is going to be flying from the get-go, he'll need Mo and Trent to be at their best for build-up play.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2022, 06:44:24 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23738 on: July 1, 2022, 06:40:05 pm »
Can you link it please?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/J6aZFxTMgSM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/J6aZFxTMgSM</a>
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #23739 on: July 1, 2022, 06:40:13 pm »
Not celebrated a signing like that since Fowler in 2007 :lmao
:D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #23741 on: July 1, 2022, 06:45:15 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/J6aZFxTMgSM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/J6aZFxTMgSM</a>
"Salah stays" is a nice call back to the "Salah announced" video when he first signed
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23742 on: July 1, 2022, 06:45:29 pm »
This is fantastic news. Mainly because we keep one of the best forwards in the world, but also so we don't have to suffer what would have been the inevitable feeding frenzy from the press as to where Mo was going as the season progressed.

Offline InRed

• Kemlynite
« Reply #23743 on: July 1, 2022, 06:47:01 pm »
So glad we can stop talking about his contract. She says, talking about his contract.

He’s about to have the season of his life isn’t he?  :champ :champ :champ :lickin

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #23744 on: July 1, 2022, 06:48:07 pm »
Yeah I was quite confident he would sign up the moment the club agreed to let Mané go. First of all, they don't appear to have gotten along so well at a personal level. It's a bit like two colleagues who work very well on the same team but just are generally annoyed with one another to the point where they feel the need to go separate ways regardless.
Seriously, is there actually any real evidence for this? Or is it just oft-repeated BS pushed by rival fans and bad faith shit-chatters, that has become a thing because LFC's own fans just can't help themsleves?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23745 on: July 1, 2022, 06:49:11 pm »
Seriously, is there actually any real evidence for this? Or is it just oft-repeated BS pushed by rival fans and bad faith shit-chatters, that has become a thing because LFC's own fans just can't help themsleves?

It's bullshit & needs knocking on the head.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #23746 on: July 1, 2022, 06:49:49 pm »

:lmao :lmao actually brilliant.

:D

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #23747 on: July 1, 2022, 06:50:04 pm »

Yeah that's how I see it as well

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23748 on: July 1, 2022, 06:50:53 pm »

+1.

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #23749 on: July 1, 2022, 06:53:07 pm »
Fuck yes!!!!!!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23750 on: July 1, 2022, 06:56:49 pm »

Its this.

This might have all started at the Burnley? game when Mo didn't pass and Sadio went fucking nuts at him and that was the excuse people needed to create a narrative.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23751 on: July 1, 2022, 06:56:58 pm »
That David Maddock article about Mo signing is completely inaccurate.

Mo isn't in Egypt he's in Mykonos.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #23752 on: July 1, 2022, 06:57:54 pm »
To all the people who were having a go at Salah, this is why some of us were prepared to actually wait and see before jumping in with two feet.
bang on Jill, makes the last 50 or so of the pages in this thread look funny as anything! 🤣
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23753 on: July 1, 2022, 06:57:57 pm »
You will regret it tomorrow.  :D

;D

I'll eat my tea when I wake up, should sort it out. Its worth it though, im pretty pleased with that news and it galvanises us for next season big time.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #23754 on: July 1, 2022, 06:58:44 pm »

I think you need to consider the poster on that one :D

There’s not though at all, no. Quite the opposite
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23755 on: July 1, 2022, 06:59:21 pm »
Its this.

This might have all started at the Burnley? game when Mo didn't pass and Sadio went fucking nuts at him and that was the excuse people needed to create a narrative.

Yep, it's nonsense, but it all started (and ended) in that game. Worse that our own fans believe it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23756 on: July 1, 2022, 06:59:43 pm »
Fantastic news, & as much as I'm sad at Mane leaving I now believe we've got 5 forwards who all offer something different. With Nunez we've now got a physical presence out there on the pitch. Mo signing an extension is brilliant. The Premier League don't know what carnage is coming their way.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #23757 on: July 1, 2022, 07:00:01 pm »
Made up by the news by the way, he may not stay for three more seasons but if he does leave before the end of the contract it will be on our terms and we'll recoup a significant sum for him.

FSG have played a blinder again! 👏👏👏👏
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23758 on: July 1, 2022, 07:00:40 pm »
That David Maddock article about Mo signing is completely inaccurate.

Mo isn't in Egypt he's in Mykonos.

My contacts suck.  ;)

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #23759 on: July 1, 2022, 07:01:26 pm »
I think you need to consider the poster on that one :D

Mate you and I don't get along so well in private but we still make RAWK an entertaining place :D
Linudden.