Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2849389 times)

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #22760 on: June 7, 2022, 11:22:52 am »
There is nothing wrong in holding out for wages which is close to the market standard. Attackers generally tend to get paid the highest.

We cannot match the insane wage bills of Psg, city, united or madrid but there should atleast be a proper effort to retain our best attacking player who wants to stay. I believe Salah would accept something in the range that Kane is currently getting.

Mo himself said "Its not about money" so if its not money what is it ??!!

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #22761 on: June 7, 2022, 11:22:59 am »
I hate us being embroiled in a soap opera about our players.

Fucking hate it.

We had a period where we were great at just getting the business done quietly and quickly without a saga played out in the media. It was brilliant.

Now the Mane story seems likely to rumble on, and that's potentially a brief ditty compared to how the Salah shitfest is shaping up.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #22762 on: June 7, 2022, 11:24:29 am »
Wonder would the useless c*nts over at UEFA actually do anything if someone presented them with proof that a player has been illegally approached.

UEFA take action against Barca? You're joking, right?

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #22763 on: June 7, 2022, 11:25:23 am »
If this is true we should be able to make some sort of complaint against Barcelona.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/mohamed-salah-liverpool-transfers-contract-27161150

Maybe he’ll be able to finally afford to get his windscreen fixed

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22764 on: June 7, 2022, 11:26:37 am »
I hate us being embroiled in a soap opera about our players.

Fucking hate it.

We had a period where we were great at just getting the business done quietly and quickly without a saga played out in the media. It was brilliant.

Now the Mane story seems likely to rumble on, and that's potentially a brief ditty compared to how the Salah shitfest is shaping up.

Is annoying but once the season starts, I don't think it'll affect anyone. Mane will likely be gone by then and I would think it'd be accepted that Salah will leave in 2023 and everyone will just be focused on bringing home 20 + 7.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #22765 on: June 7, 2022, 11:40:19 am »

I suppose the complication is that status & value are nowadays measured in monetary terms - I can't really see why it'd be some sort of frivolous 'spend-ability' that players would be pursuing, but unfortunately that's the yardstick. Complicated further by the agents and their desire to earn and demonstrate their 'portfolios.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22766 on: June 7, 2022, 11:42:16 am »
If this is true we should be able to make some sort of complaint against Barcelona.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/mohamed-salah-liverpool-transfers-contract-27161150

This is written by the same John Richardson who claimed a deal was basically done a month or so ago?

I said he was full of shit then when it was good news and I’ll say he’s full of shit now that it’s bad news.

You’ve got to admire the sheer gall of penning a story in the Sunday rags which is utter bollocks, then using said bullshit story 2 months later to pen an equally baseless story stating the complete opposite and using the fact that it didn’t come off as authority for the point.

Fucking footy journos are mostly full of total shit.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22767 on: June 7, 2022, 11:47:26 am »
I'm with Nobby here it can have a negative impact on the club all this will he won't he stay etc.

He can get more money elsewhere we all know that but will he enjoy the same success with a team set up for him ?

I'm old school if you want to leave just say so then we know where we stand all this crap like "The fans know what I want" err no we dont we can only guess.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22768 on: June 7, 2022, 12:01:26 pm »

Just hope this is settled before the start of the new season. If he can't accept our offer, then sell him now. I just hate the sideshow with agents, lies, disrespecting Klopp, etc. For me its very simple, he has demands and we have a wage-structure. Apparently these two things doesnt match, which is fair enough, then we seperate in peace, but leave the threats, lies, agents  out.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #22769 on: June 7, 2022, 12:21:34 pm »

I'm old school if you want to leave just say so then we know where we stand all this crap like "The fans know what I want" err no we dont we can only guess.

Maybe he meant that 60-70% of Egyptians know what he wants?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22770 on: June 7, 2022, 12:43:20 pm »

Maybe at least Sadio was clear on that !!

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #22771 on: June 7, 2022, 12:57:33 pm »
;D

Salah is clearly the star of this team. He's the star of the PL. No one is close to his goal/assist record for us since 2018.

He's asking for similar to what other top players earn in the PL if reports are right.... 400k pw. He's clearly worth that.

We'd be insane if he wanted to earn what PSG pay out to their stars. But he isn't asking for those levels.

It's ridiculous to say he isn't the star of the team. We can't big him up as the best player in the world all season and then try and down play his worth/standing. Sometimes the club get it right, sometimes they get it wrong.

Mane isn't worth parity with Salah, because he doesn't hit the same numbers. You tell Mane this and offer him an increase but not the same terms as Mo. If he isn't happy then you find a solution. The same goes for anyone else unless they too start bagging 45 goals/assists seasons. What a lovely problem to have at that point though.

Based on his form since returning from AFCON he's not worth £400k a week. Perhaps he's peaked and teams have worked him out a little more than was the case before?

My understanding is we've made him an offer that would make him the best paid player in the history of the club. If that isn't acceptable so be it, not much more we can do.

We've arguably had his best years (same as Mane) and don't need a season of snide remarks from his agent and continual speculation. Every press conference will be dominated by Salah talk.

Sell him this summer. We've lost players before and survived.
JFT97

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #22772 on: June 7, 2022, 12:59:18 pm »
Based on his form since returning from AFCON he's not worth £400k a week. Perhaps he's peaked and teams have worked him out a little more than was the case before?

What did the AFCON have to do with teams working him out...?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #22773 on: June 7, 2022, 01:12:19 pm »
I'm still absolutely raging with him for how he's allowing all this to play out to be honest. Letting his agent spout shite on Twitter the last 2 years, the bullshit interview he did with snide-c*nt Ferdinand before the Champions League Final, that idiotic "I want Madrid because I want revenge" shit he gave to Jake Humphries and all this utter bollocks now. Fuming.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #22774 on: June 7, 2022, 01:14:43 pm »

They want him to walk like
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22775 on: June 7, 2022, 01:19:32 pm »
Worst case scenario is this plays out into next season with his agent spreading rumours of him moving to (insert any number of sportwashing clubs here) and his form continues to be in the toilet. Can't be bothered with a circus and neither will Klopp imo which is why i can see him sold for whatever we can get this summer and someone like Nunez brought in as a replacement.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
  • Doubters into believers
« Reply #22776 on: June 7, 2022, 01:19:56 pm »

I imagine if you're someone like Mo or Sadio, and you're getting on in years in footballing terms, you don't want to keep working your balls off all season long only to end up seeing the likes of the sportswashers pipping you to the league after splashing another £100m+ in the latest transfer window. It's bothering fans to be having these outcomes, imagine being a player, they'll feel the same way as well no doubt. So do they want to work and maybe fail in achieving their targets, or do they want to go somewhere else where they maybe don't have to work quite so hard and may have more chance of ending the season winning things like the Bundesliga or La Liga, or, who knows, maybe even joining the sportswashing entities themselves for 'guaranteed' winning.
Look around at the world of football and the amount of players that just want to be part of a winning set-up, regardless if they play much of a role in it themselves. There are many that just want to be winning.
I think the cup wins could potentially have added some doubts about leaving, and I'm sure if we won in Paris they'd both be signing whatever was offered to them, but with missing out on the biggest prizes I think it has their heads turned to the possibility of an easier time elsewhere. If this is the case then we'd be better off for them moving on, as good as they both are, because we need people willing to leave absolutely everything out there on the pitch and to have the belief to win to enable Jurgen's philosophy to be realised.
But as others have stated, it needs to be sorted out one way or the other as soon as possible because the worst outcome is them playing half-heartedly until their contracts run out and then off they potter after a year packed full of the media circus that destabilises the whole club.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22777 on: June 7, 2022, 01:23:19 pm »

It's not about money. It's about respect.  And you show respect by giving him more money... or something.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22778 on: June 7, 2022, 01:32:38 pm »
It's not about money. It's about respect.  And you show respect by giving him more money... or something.

Yeah footballers in general talking about wanting more respect,birthday cakes,songs,appreciation etc. always feel like euphemisms for more money to me but i'm a terrible cynic so who knows..

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22779 on: June 7, 2022, 01:33:09 pm »
I'm still absolutely raging with him for how he's allowing all this to play out to be honest. Letting his agent spout shite on Twitter the last 2 years, the bullshit interview he did with snide-c*nt Ferdinand before the Champions League Final, that idiotic "I want Madrid because I want revenge" shit he gave to Jake Humphries and all this utter bollocks now. Fuming.
Really? That was ages ago.

As an aside - I don't think he will be sold - he will go abroad on a free transfer.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #22780 on: June 7, 2022, 01:40:24 pm »
Really? That was ages ago.

As an aside - I don't think he will be sold - he will go abroad on a free transfer.

He doesn't want to be sold this summer. Mane does.

Last year of their contract and the players hold the cards.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22781 on: June 7, 2022, 03:09:14 pm »

Ah that interview with Ferdinand, i was furious. That c*nt with some snide questions was trying to get into his head and unfortunately he got what he wanted with every question, Salah was just too blind to notice. He really should stay away from interviews.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22782 on: June 7, 2022, 03:12:46 pm »
He doesn't want to be sold this summer. Mane does.

Last year of their contract and the players hold the cards.

If the club will listen to offers i guess we could sell him.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22783 on: June 7, 2022, 03:38:03 pm »
We're going to have a whole year of this 'will he won't he' shit, right?
Was sick of it six months ago.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #22784 on: June 7, 2022, 03:41:16 pm »
We're going to have a whole year of this 'will he won't he' shit, right?
Was sick of it six months ago.

I think once the first whistle blows in the Premier League, he’ll be back to banging in the goals like there’s no tomorrow. They don’t call this time the silly season for no reason!

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #22785 on: June 7, 2022, 04:56:17 pm »
If we start the season with

Allison
Alexander-Arnold Van Dijk Konate Robertson
Keita Fabinho Thiago
Jota Firmino Diaz

Kelleher Gomez Matip Henderson Milner Jones Elliot Minimino Carvalho Tsimikas

I won't cry but I suspect it will be better than that, club comes first
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22786 on: June 7, 2022, 05:25:31 pm »
I think once the first whistle blows in the Premier League, he’ll be back to banging in the goals like there’s no tomorrow. They don’t call this time the silly season for no reason!

Just like he did between January and the end of the season.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22787 on: June 7, 2022, 05:40:33 pm »

What’s your point?

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22788 on: June 7, 2022, 05:47:57 pm »
£1 million a month plus bonuses not enough to live on then?

Thats beside the point. 10k a month in theory is more then enough to live on...he's worth a lot more then that and feels he should be paid like his peers.

I dont see the issue.

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22789 on: June 7, 2022, 05:48:19 pm »

Is that when his G/A were the best at the club or?

Its a fucking lazy football twitter myth that he went missing since AFCON. He didnt start 6 of the remaining 16 games yet scored 7 and assisted 4.

He's our best player by a distance.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2022, 05:55:15 pm by Wghennessy »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22790 on: June 7, 2022, 05:54:03 pm »

Allison
Keita Fabinho Thiago
Jota Firmino Diaz

Imagine selling Salah and Mane and not signing anyone.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #22791 on: June 7, 2022, 05:59:40 pm »

Allison
Keita Fabinho Thiago
Jota Firmino Diaz

the lack of goals here is alarming

Offline Waterpistol

• Main Stander
« Reply #22792 on: June 7, 2022, 06:13:45 pm »

My understanding is we've made him an offer that would make him the best paid player in the history of the club. If that isn't acceptable so be it, not much more we can do.

We've arguably had his best years (same as Mane) and don't need a season of snide remarks from his agent and continual speculation. Every press conference will be dominated by Salah talk.

Sell him this summer. We've lost players before and survived.

Top scorer and assists in the PL.  ;D

He was a 10/10 keeper performance away from winning us the European cup and scoring in his second final.

His best years could be the next couple. The greats are now playing their best well into their 30s. Ronaldo, Messi, Lewandowski. He looks after himself as good as any of them and doesn't drink. There's also 5 subs now so players will get rested much more. I maintain its a ridiculous decision not to pay him 400k (parity with the best in this league, much less than PSG are paying their forwards).

If the difference between him staying or going is failure to give him the wages saved on our dead wood, then its a massive mistake.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2022, 06:19:29 pm by Waterpistol »

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22793 on: June 7, 2022, 06:20:51 pm »
I maintain its a ridiculous decision not to pay him 400k (parity with the best in this league, much less than PSG are paying their forwards).

Paying any footballer 400k a week is insanity and I don't care what PSG are paying anyone.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Waterpistol

• Main Stander
« Reply #22794 on: June 7, 2022, 06:27:59 pm »
Paying any footballer 400k a week is insanity and I don't care what PSG are paying anyone.

So was 50k a week when Roy Keane got it. Times change.

We can't run with PSG but we should be able to meet the reported Salah demand.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22795 on: June 7, 2022, 06:33:17 pm »

Agreed. We should just give every player whatever they want. To hell with being a well run club. I want success right now and don't care if we go bankrupt in 5 years.
I also want to disregard the fact that the way the club has been run the last decade has brought us the biggest trophies in the game.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22796 on: June 7, 2022, 06:37:11 pm »

Well how much have times changed the past few years? We suffered through a pandemic which hit profits and the TV money is stagnating to some extent

The only difference is our performance on the pitch boosting our money in but that relies on us using our money very well for the rest of the team. We were on the verge of a quadruple because our squad was full of quality. It's definitely not a simple decision if it affects our ability to do that, as well as obviously the precedence it sets for our other top performers.

Offline Waterpistol

• Main Stander
« Reply #22797 on: June 7, 2022, 06:37:49 pm »
Agreed. We should just give every player whatever they want. To hell with being a well run club. I want success right now and don't care if we go bankrupt in 5 years.
I also want to disregard the fact that the way the club has been run the last decade has brought us the biggest trophies in the game.

;D who said give them all what they want? I think Salah has earned the right to be paid comparative to the top earners in this league. He's been the best player thats ever played in the PL imo.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22798 on: June 7, 2022, 06:41:21 pm »

Well we can't, so get over it.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline red whine

• goes to my hhead
  • Main Stander
« Reply #22799 on: June 7, 2022, 06:51:44 pm »

You give salah what he wants then Alison vvd trent fabinho etc all come knocking on the door. We have a wage structure for a reason. I would sooner Mo leave than us smash our wage structure. The financial well being of the club is paramount.