Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1382013 times)

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #10080 on: October 1, 2022, 05:15:35 pm »
Forget the ten positions he's been asked to play in, the most alarming thing is his utter lack of concern when an attacker is running at him. Stands there and let's him pass. No effort.

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10081 on: October 1, 2022, 05:16:59 pm »
Wonder if he's playing with an injury? Never stretches for a block and seems casual when tracking back. When is Ramsay fit?
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10082 on: October 1, 2022, 05:17:46 pm »
Still an immensely talented, technical player...but he doesn't even pretend to try defensively these days.

Sees an overlap happening - doesn't track it. Gets blown by for pace - throws his hands up. Sees an opposition counter unfolding - jogs back.

Not sure what the solution is at this point.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10083 on: October 1, 2022, 05:18:39 pm »
He's playing so far forward by the time he gets back he has no legs left to try to defend. Happens time and time again.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10084 on: October 1, 2022, 05:20:58 pm »
We've seen stretches like this from Trent before, everytime his England selection falls into question his form goes down the toilet.

But I also think Klopp doesn't protect him enough. He keeps throwing him out there when his form is down without any protection at all. Think today, our midfield (Fabinho in particular) could have dropped back more often into the centre of the backline so that Matip could go and cover Trent when he's upfield. We are obstinate in playing offensive football without first shoring up the back, meanwhile it's killing Trent's confidence.
Klopp's decision to bring Elliott on to play on the right side of midfield when Trent was getting cooked by whoever the fuck their left winger was, is an interesting one.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10085 on: October 1, 2022, 05:22:52 pm »
Incredibly worrying how bad he's been. Completely living off past performances now and doesn't look arsed half the time.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10086 on: October 1, 2022, 05:24:57 pm »
He's playing so far forward by the time he gets back he has no legs left to try to defend. Happens time and time again.

Doesn't explain his 1v1 brainfarts. He's just not bothered.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #10087 on: October 1, 2022, 05:26:01 pm »
Klopp's decision to bring Elliott on to play on the right side of midfield when Trent was getting cooked by whoever the fuck their left winger was, is an interesting one.

It wouldn't be a big deal if he was getting beat. The problem is him not tracking his runner or blocking the inside man and just standing in no-man's land so many times. Something's up with him because he's just not doing the basics anymore. I am sure Klopp will defend him in the media but I am sure he'll need sorting out behind the scenes because we can't keep playing like this. In all honesty, if that's what the expectation is of Trent now, then we need a back 3 because we dont have any real pace in midfield or defence at the minute.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10088 on: October 1, 2022, 05:29:14 pm »
Klopp did say that defensively he can improve. That was quite damming.

That tells me how bad he’s been defensively.

We got away with a lot on Trent’s side….should have brought Gomez on when we’re we’re leading.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10089 on: October 1, 2022, 05:29:36 pm »
Forget the ten positions he's been asked to play in, the most alarming thing is his utter lack of concern when an attacker is running at him. Stands there and let's him pass. No effort.

Not just then either. There were plenty of moments today even when we were in possession that he was just lazily ambling round the pitch.

We can argue if it's form or positioning or lack of defensive cover (it's all three) but his inclusion in the team is worth a goal a game (minimum) and it simply cannot go on. Not sure Gomez is the answer either, he's been poor this season as well. It's certainly not Henderson/Milner, and Ramsay is a kid coming back from injury who has no experience at this level.

Like just about every position in our squad, it's baffling squad planning.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #10090 on: October 1, 2022, 05:33:26 pm »
He needs time out of the side. I know what he does for us going forward, but it’s just not worrying. Teams are scoring with ease, predominantly to his side, and it needs to be fixed. He’s not the sole issue to be fair, it’s just exhausting to see.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10091 on: October 1, 2022, 05:35:34 pm »
I'm gonna say it again. Ever since he bulked up, he just looks so less mobile. That's just how I see it.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #10092 on: October 1, 2022, 05:35:36 pm »
Take him out the side and get Gomez in
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10093 on: October 1, 2022, 05:39:49 pm »
Take him out the side and get Gomez in

What would be the point? He’s obviously doing what he’s being asked to do, otherwise why would he keep getting played? If he was just wondering about the pitch without ‘permission’ he’d have been dropped already. So bring Gomez in to play it differently? Well fine…but then why not just tell Trent to go back to basics himself as a RB?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #10094 on: October 1, 2022, 05:42:17 pm »
What would be the point? He’s obviously doing what he’s being asked to do, otherwise why would he keep getting played? If he was just wondering about the pitch without ‘permission’ he’d have been dropped already. So bring Gomez in to play it differently? Well fine…but then why not just tell Trent to go back to basics himself as a RB?

Yeah, no way have we had 2 months of him popping up all over the place without it being instruction of some kind. I don’t remember the last time he had a full half of just keeping that width and finding crossing opportunity.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #10095 on: October 1, 2022, 05:46:17 pm »

Some players like Trent, VVD, Fabinho and Henderson are playing on the back of their performances over the last couple of years. If we brought in a new player in the summer and they were playing like some of those names listed above, the knives would be out to bench each and every single one of them so yes they’re playing out there pretty much based on past reputation at the moment and it doesn’t look like it’ll improve anytime soon either.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #10096 on: October 1, 2022, 05:46:44 pm »

You could do that too but his confidence is shot and we have loads of football.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #10097 on: October 1, 2022, 05:47:30 pm »
If that’s the case, then you have to question our tactics. We were as open in that first 20 minutes as we were against Napoli. I thought we were excellent against Ajax, much more compact and controlled in possession. Today though it was back to what we have seen all season.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #10098 on: October 1, 2022, 05:48:50 pm »
Playing like someone with zero competition to his spot

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10099 on: October 1, 2022, 05:48:53 pm »
We need fresh blood in CM...

He's an obvious weakness at RB...

Let's free him from defensive duties and allow him on the ball which is what he's made for.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10100 on: October 1, 2022, 05:56:51 pm »
Klopp did say that defensively he can improve. That was quite damming.

That tells me how bad he’s been defensively.

We got away with a lot on Trent’s side….should have brought Gomez on when we’re we’re leading.

In yesterday's press conference? I watched that and it didn't seem damning at all, more a general comment about he's still young (he specifically mentioned his age) and can improve that side of his game.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10101 on: October 1, 2022, 06:01:24 pm »
What a weird comment.
Exactly. That really annoyed me. One can almost put that comment into the racist box.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Thé_Ḓárk_P̌áşşéngér

• RAWK Revolutionary.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Guns don't kill people, chimps do!
« Reply #10102 on: October 1, 2022, 06:04:17 pm »
Exactly. That really annoyed me. One can almost put that comment into the racist box.

Be careful.
“Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.”

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10103 on: October 1, 2022, 06:05:04 pm »
Can't be a bad right back if you never play there to be fair.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10104 on: October 1, 2022, 06:06:08 pm »
Keep his role the same and hope his and others' form improve.

Keep him at RB but give him a more conventional role.

Move him to midfield (probably as an 8 type; don't think he's ever played as a DM facing the press).

Need Ramsay back (and Konate too) for options.  Maybe Klopp will have something up his sleeve with regards to Trent.
King Kenny.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10105 on: October 1, 2022, 06:06:36 pm »
Be careful.
That is why I used the adverb 'almost'.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10106 on: October 1, 2022, 06:06:42 pm »
Why have I seen Trent’s hair mentioned. What the fuck. I can’t be arsed 🤣

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10107 on: October 1, 2022, 06:06:56 pm »
Can't be a bad right back if you never play there to be fair.

That's the whole point.

He's not even playing as a right back. He's basically a CM who's being asked to scramble back when the opposition attack us.

Bring a proper RB in and free him from this nonsense.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10108 on: October 1, 2022, 06:08:01 pm »

Bollocks. That haircut isn't practical. It's like Darwin or Virgil playing with their hair down.

During the match he should tie his hair or something.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10109 on: October 1, 2022, 06:08:20 pm »
Why have I seen Trent’s hair mentioned. What the fuck. I can’t be arsed 🤣

The whole eleven should have short back and sides. Or buzzcuts. Nothing else is acceptable!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #10110 on: October 1, 2022, 06:09:19 pm »
Is this a step up from body language experts?

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10111 on: October 1, 2022, 06:14:48 pm »
I'm gonna say it again. Ever since he bulked up, he just looks so less mobile. That's just how I see it.

100% agree with this. He simply doesn't have the mobility to turn quickly and push off quickly to stay with the runner when it's needed so he has no option but to try and win the ball immediately. There is no reason for him to be as bulky as he is. Stop with the nonsense under water bench pressing and focus on agility, balance, and coordination.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #10112 on: October 1, 2022, 06:22:28 pm »

This, 100%. Trent is either following specific instructions, which for the life of me I can't get my head around whatsoever, or he's truly an idiot living on past glories who can't decide where to play on the pitch and is just grifting a decent living because he knows he has no competition. My money is definitely not on the latter explanation.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10113 on: October 1, 2022, 07:30:52 pm »
If that’s the case, then you have to question our tactics. We were as open in that first 20 minutes as we were against Napoli. I thought we were excellent against Ajax, much more compact and controlled in possession. Today though it was back to what we have seen all season.

Well yeah. There’s no way he’s popping up in the positions he is without some sort of instruction or freedom to do so.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10114 on: October 1, 2022, 08:28:28 pm »
100% agree with this. He simply doesn't have the mobility to turn quickly and push off quickly to stay with the runner when it's needed so he has no option but to try and win the ball immediately. There is no reason for him to be as bulky as he is. Stop with the nonsense under water bench pressing and focus on agility, balance, and coordination.

He gets criticised for 'jogging back', I don't think he's got a sprint in him. He is as passionate about the club as we are so simply watching players get away from him isn't natural, he must have lost something when going for physique.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10115 on: October 1, 2022, 08:41:14 pm »
Wonder if he's playing with an injury? Never stretches for a block and seems casual when tracking back. When is Ramsay fit?

I would doubt they’d let that happen.

He seems very lethergic though - he’s bulked up I think? He’s gone on from the athletic, agile kid, to this more stocky bulked up player, and he Just doens’t seem to have the mobility to play the game he’s been asked to play - the one he’s been very good at!

I fully expected him to do a defensive brain fart or two today too, sadly it happened!

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10116 on: October 1, 2022, 08:48:48 pm »
I feel so sorry for Trent. He's an incredible player but this system is hanging him out to dry. On top of the crap from Southgate it can't be pleasant to be him right now. Wish that free kick had gone in today.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10117 on: October 1, 2022, 08:50:58 pm »
I feel so sorry for Trent. He's an incredible player but this system is hanging him out to dry. On top of the crap from Southgate it can't be pleasant to be him right now. Wish that free kick had gone in today.

I don't think it's only the system. Trent has been very poor defensively in all situations the last 8 months.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10118 on: October 1, 2022, 08:53:40 pm »
The microscope, or should that be the big fucking telescope, is on him at the moment. The level of pressure he is under is incredible, being digged out by every knobhead neutral, England, Southgate and even some of our fans.

He needs to just get through the next 6 or 7 weeks, hopefully not get chosen for England so he can have a real break away from it all, more mentally rather than physically.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10119 on: October 1, 2022, 08:56:51 pm »
The microscope, or should that be the big fucking telescope, is on him at the moment. The level of pressure he is under is incredible, being digged out by every knobhead neutral, England, Southgate and even some of our fans.

He needs to just get through the next 6 or 7 weeks, hopefully not get chosen for England so he can have a real break away from it all, more mentally rather than physically.

He's making it easy to not be picked. And that could be a good thing for him and us.