Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1759118 times)

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #12920 on: May 25, 2022, 03:13:19 pm »
He thinks he’s Harry Kewell.

Think an extension’s done, no way is Jurgen letting him leave.
AHA!

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #12921 on: May 25, 2022, 03:16:41 pm »
He thinks he’s Harry Kewell.

Think an extension’s done, no way is Jurgen letting him leave.

Mo leaves on a free 2023. Which means Sadio stays on extended contract.

That's how I read it.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #12922 on: May 25, 2022, 03:18:44 pm »
Mo leaves on a free 2023. Which means Sadio stays on extended contract.

That's how I read it.

So, what is stopping him saying he's staying? There would be no reason not to delay that.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #12923 on: May 25, 2022, 03:20:46 pm »
So, what is stopping him saying he's staying? There would be no reason not to delay that.
Focusing on the final, no distractions.

I just can’t imagine our team without him. Plus he’s our most versatile of the front players.
AHA!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #12924 on: May 25, 2022, 03:23:06 pm »
Focusing on the final, no distractions.

I just can’t imagine our team without him. Plus he’s our most versatile of the front players.

So, why say what he did? That's just going to get the media speculating.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #12925 on: May 25, 2022, 03:27:23 pm »
So, why say what he did? That's just going to get the media speculating.

Probably taken out of context wouldn't be the first time would it it's not the time to discuss it in the build up to a final
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12926 on: May 25, 2022, 03:29:51 pm »
https://twitter.com/theredmentv/status/1529457984102858753?s=21&t=m5lzSCk37nDqxapG5eh2TA

Video here for anyone that wants to see him saying it.

Weird timing to say the least. He’s managed to avoid being drawn on this question for practically his entire Liverpool career so it’s odd to say the least to say this now.

Hoping that smirk means it’s a new deal, I’d imagine he’s got more respect for the club than to handle it like this if he was actually going.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 03:32:41 pm by Jm55 »

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12927 on: May 25, 2022, 03:38:19 pm »
Stay Sadio.
PS I love you.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12928 on: May 25, 2022, 03:39:29 pm »
Yeah he's got a shit poker face
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12929 on: May 25, 2022, 03:42:52 pm »

He's focussed on the final, like a laser, strapped onto an Exocet missile, targeting the complete destruction of the soul of Thibaut Courtois.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #12930 on: May 25, 2022, 03:58:45 pm »
Honestly don't understand that comment. Reads more like he is leaving then anything else. Surely it would be a boost before the final to say he was staying.

He has been great since these last few month as well.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12931 on: May 25, 2022, 04:05:06 pm »
Bit of a weird answer for sure but maybe reading too much in to it. The Bayern link is slightly worrying though, that journo isn't a bullshitter from what I've seen over the years but that doesn't make this info accurate of course! We'll see soon enough anyway.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #12932 on: May 25, 2022, 04:05:26 pm »
Honestly don't understand that comment. Reads more like he is leaving then anything else. Surely it would be a boost before the final to say he was staying.

He has been great since these last few month as well.

Watch the video, it's more reassuring than seeing it written. His agent said a while back we'll discuss a new deal at the end of the season and I'm confident he'll stay.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12933 on: May 25, 2022, 05:05:26 pm »
It’s a sign, I tell you! That smile is a sign! 

I knew it! I knew it all along!  He’s either staying. Or he’s leaving!

O se queda. O se va!  Entweder er bleibt, oder er geht!

Just watch!

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12934 on: May 25, 2022, 05:12:10 pm »
Yeah he's got a shit poker face

Yep, looking very positive

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #12935 on: May 25, 2022, 05:57:35 pm »
Him not confirming he is staying is not necessarily negative - if a deal hasn't quite been done, then why would he confirm it?

Either way, I'm not bothered, let's enjoy this week without worries over our players.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Heritage

• Main Stander
  • Boot Room Fanatic
« Reply #12936 on: May 25, 2022, 06:17:19 pm »
RE: Sadio staying or leaving

To my knowledge, and I'm sure someone can find out more than me, Sadio is on significantly less than our other top stars. I would not be surprised if this talk and the link to Bayern (what a horrible thought, I hate that team) is the textbook ploy to lever his wages for the new contract. IMO Pay this guy, he (again, I think) is on far less wages than VVD and Mo etc, just bump him up to 200-220 and I bet he stays. He is worth it. I fucking love this guy.
🔥97🔥

🏆 x 42

Offline marmite sw

• Main Stander
« Reply #12937 on: May 25, 2022, 06:22:39 pm »
more important than mo is my opinion ....
im autistic and have dyslexia as well as being born deaf so if thats a problem then its your problem ... awaits the gramma nazis ......lfc supporter since 1976 watch every game and get up to liverpool as often as i can......

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12938 on: May 25, 2022, 06:26:21 pm »
I don't know how people can watch that clip and determine "he's off." If anything, it's the opposite. Wouldn't be surprised if the Club have it arranged like the Fabinho signing - a potential lift if things don't go according to plan on Saturday.

"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12939 on: May 25, 2022, 07:01:21 pm »
They’re both staying, I’m sure of it

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #12940 on: May 25, 2022, 07:20:52 pm »
Looking at that video, he’s staying.  Media team saving announcement for after the final, and also it would be a potential pick-me-up if we lost the final.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12941 on: May 25, 2022, 08:32:05 pm »
Just seen the video. Clear he's staying.

Was worried when I saw Sky's headline flash up on my phone but just the usual twisting. Should know better by now.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #12942 on: May 25, 2022, 09:28:48 pm »
Don't think it's obvious either way, felt like it was a nervous smile from someone who didn't want to talk about it.  Hopefully, he stays, but I don't think you can read anything into that interview.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #12943 on: May 25, 2022, 09:41:33 pm »
It's typical of Sky to ask a question like that, he's probably been told by his agent and the club not to answer any questions about his contract before the final yet here we have the Pratt from Sky putting him in an awkward position.

Pricks
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #12944 on: May 26, 2022, 12:31:07 am »
We got to build a basic hospital a year for this guy, starting with the neediest place in the world and working backwards.

He'd bite your hand off if you gave him that as an incentive or reward.

Sadio imo views his salary as money he can do good with, sets aside a modest but comfortable existence for he and his family, thanks god for it and then wonders what best to do with the rest. This is no ordinary man we are dealing with here.

Of course hes probably got an agent  ;D but still. Any moving or staying really truly be based on money like your average merc player's is. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #12945 on: May 26, 2022, 10:17:09 am »
Personally I think he's gone. Why wouldn't he have said that he'll stay but put it off until after the final? I just hope he gives us one more world class performance to help us see off Madrid.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12946 on: May 26, 2022, 10:20:44 am »
Personally I think he's gone. Why wouldn't he have said that he'll stay but put it off until after the final? I just hope he gives us one more world class performance to help us see off Madrid.

Maybe, because he has signed a contract and the club/him don't want to announce it as yet.

Salah's contract might not be signed as yet hence why he just said I will be saying here next season.

I live in hope.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #12947 on: May 26, 2022, 10:21:20 am »
We got to build a basic hospital a year for this guy, starting with the neediest place in the world and working backwards.

He'd bite your hand off if you gave him that as an incentive or reward.

Sadio imo views his salary as money he can do good with, sets aside a modest but comfortable existence for he and his family, thanks god for it and then wonders what best to do with the rest. This is no ordinary man we are dealing with here.

Of course hes probably got an agent  ;D but still. Any moving or staying really truly be based on money like your average merc player's is. 

Wait!
So you are telling me, that Mane is not about the

Money Money Money,
Its so Funny?
Its not a rich mans world?
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Online stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12948 on: May 26, 2022, 10:23:01 am »

Yeah but I guess that's why Sky love these questions/interviews.

I personally felt that Sadio seemed super awkward answering and it wasn't his usual cheeky smile at the end if was an uncomfortable one (I think).

I think the recent Bayern stuff seems very plausible, as does the bit about the contract negotiations being difficult. I also don't think that the club is going to go into next season with all of Salah, Mane, Diaz, Firmino, Jota, Minamino and Carvalho on the books. It was clear when Thiago came in that the club knew he'd be replacing Gini, it just happened with a bit of crossover. I'd make sense that this was why they went hard and quickly for Diaz. I hope I'm wrong, of course.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 10:28:45 am by stewy17 »

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #12949 on: May 26, 2022, 10:27:49 am »

The club would potentially not want him to do it. Potential distraction.

The other aspect is that the club may want to leverage these news for social media engagement at a time that suits them. They probably don’t want Sadio to reveal a contract extension at the end of a minor interview with Sky.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline eeekaj

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12950 on: May 26, 2022, 10:31:46 am »
I will be gutted if Sadio goes, I'd personally want him to stay the most out of the original front three.

Can't see why he would want to go to Bayern or PSG, two mediocre teams in mediocre leagues so that's the only hope I hold onto...

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #12951 on: May 26, 2022, 10:36:49 am »
All good things come to a close.
If either one or both of Mane and/or Salah leave this summer, it would be a huge "end of an era" moment. They really have been the torch bearers for the Klopp era, literally the front-runners, the 2 of get us the goals most consistently.

Such is the measure of success of the setup overall at the club these days, that I have no hesitation that the club will do whatever is best for Liverpool.
Whether that means giving out contract extensions, or letting them run out their contracts, or making sure an earlier sale with a transfer fee materializes this summer or in Jan.

...I very much imagine a giant network of linked tabs in a few spreadsheets where Julian Ward et co do their permutations and combinations of all the scenarios :P
Real life Football Manager!
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12952 on: May 26, 2022, 10:49:00 am »
The club would potentially not want him to do it. Potential distraction.

The other aspect is that the club may want to leverage these news for social media engagement at a time that suits them. They probably don’t want Sadio to reveal a contract extension at the end of a minor interview with Sky.

Spot on. It will be when Liverpool decide to announce anything not Sky.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12953 on: May 26, 2022, 10:53:31 am »

Would be daft to let either of them go on a free. They have every right not to accept whatever we are offering but if so we have every right to get fair value for them, shake hands and move on. The situation is not the same as Gini and Can where we were never going to get a sizeable fee for them so the value of having them for a final year made sense. For Mo and Sadio we would get north of £100M for either of them which we will need to replace them adequately. The club will almost certainly have been doing their homework in the event that either decides to go so I doubt we'll end up with Andy Carroll or Aquilani.

But as Jurgen, Mo and Sadio have said, the time for talking is after this weekend. I very much hope they stay.

Online lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12954 on: May 26, 2022, 10:55:09 am »

I don' think so, I think he's staying. All signs suggest he is a humble person. I think Liverpool can offer him a nice upgrade on his pay, even it is lower that what Salah was offered, at £250k or even more, that's still a huge amount of money for a chap who helps his family and is charitable. Don't find it possible that Bayern can blow the lid off that and privately Klopp will be telling him if he looks after himself (and we play him at number 9), he's got a least 3 year golden years left with us.

Find it very unlikely his response to leaving would be a little smirk to camera.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12955 on: May 26, 2022, 10:58:37 am »

There's probably lots of factors that us regular fans don't think of.

Maybe the club are planning something for it, and he is contractually obliged to say nothing until the club announces it.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #12956 on: May 26, 2022, 03:49:20 pm »
Is Mane still with Mel Reddy?

Bit of a power LFC couple

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12957 on: May 26, 2022, 04:11:20 pm »

Really? Prolly a woosh this but as in a couple?
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12958 on: May 26, 2022, 04:26:32 pm »

Had no idea they were a couple. Is this genuinely true?

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #12959 on: May 26, 2022, 04:26:49 pm »
That’s what the internet says, but I appreciate that may not comply with strict source requirements 😉