Author Topic: The Golf Thread  (Read 295393 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: The Golf Thread
« Reply #3840 on: June 8, 2022, 09:54:40 am »
The PGA wont be able to compete with that

I mean DJ has practically just been handed a cheque for this thats twice what he has made his whole career

But its still greed whatever way you look at it, these lads have made more money that you can imagine by playing golf, and whatever they made can be probably doubled or more with endorsements from clothing companies and club manufacturers etc.

How much is enough for these lads?

They should be barred from any major, I agree with the ryder cup banning but I would say some dont give a shit about that.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3841 on: June 8, 2022, 09:54:50 am »
Since when has St Albans been in Hemel Hempstead....  Postcode snobbery at play here...

I don't see this tournament having much longevity...  simply as I don't see what it is bringing to the table that isn't already on offer to the fan of the sport..

History is littered with pop up tournaments that have eventually folded when the initial stars retire, and the celebrity inaugurations are long forgotten... I can see the same happening here....

I won't be watching...
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3842 on: June 8, 2022, 09:59:00 am »
Since when has St Albans been in Hemel Hempstead....  Postcode snobbery at play here...

I don't see this tournament having much longevity...  simply as I don't see what it is bringing to the table that isn't already on offer to the fan of the sport..

History is littered with pop up tournaments that have eventually folded when the initial stars retire, and the celebrity inaugurations are long forgotten... I can see the same happening here....

I won't be watching...

The longevity is just that money is no issue for the organisers, so they can keep ploughing more and more into it regardless of how much they will be losing. The hope then is that they can eventually attract enough players doing this that they create a better field than what is playing in the US and European tours meaning viewers then prefer to watch it, which would then attract more players and more viewers and so on.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3843 on: June 8, 2022, 10:13:04 am »
Disgraceful from the lot of them. They are all already multi-millionaires, yet are willing to destroy the traditions of the game that has given them everything by being mouthpieces for the horrific Saudi regime.
This is very worrying, and a confirmation that these despots are aggressively attempting to take over world sport, golf and football are only the beginning.
Ultimately tho it’s the fans that are condoning it by paying to watch them. I’ve long said that all other fans should boycott football games involving these regime’s clubs, same with golf fans now.

Just been watching the press conference on SSN. Neil Mclennon from the Mirror asked if there is anywhere they wouldn’t play , for example Putin’s Russia or in South Africa during the apartheid times, after much squirming Poulter and Westwood refused to answer.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2022, 10:26:03 am by JRed »

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3844 on: June 8, 2022, 10:23:25 am »
F1 I found to be very hypocritical too

"lets all boycott Russia, lets kick out Russian sponsors, lets kick out the Russian driver (even if he was an utter knob), We wont race in Russia"

Score for human rights.

but no problem racing in Saudi Arabia or Abu Dhabi

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3845 on: June 8, 2022, 10:29:58 am »

"lets all boycott Russia, lets kick out Russian sponsors, lets kick out the Russian driver (even if he was an utter knob), We wont race in Russia"

Score for human rights.

Haven't you learnt that the dollar is king yet...?

The majority of top-level sports people are money chasing c*nts, just like the majority of all the super-rich, multi-millionaires etc.  They prioritise material wealth above most other things in life!

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3846 on: June 8, 2022, 10:35:05 am »
Haven't you learnt that the dollar is king yet...?

The majority of top-level sports people are money chasing c*nts, just like the majority of all the super-rich, multi-millionaires etc.  They prioritise material wealth above most other things in life!
Course I have, see my other posts

greedy dollar grabbing c*nts the lot of them.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3847 on: June 8, 2022, 11:00:15 am »
Tiger apparently turned down a ridiculous amount to go, some reports suggest close to a billion dollars. He's a billionaire anyway, doesn't need the money, but still. But if Tiger would have gone then you can bet a few of the younger current crop would have. That is what they want next. Rickie Fowler is washed up, Bryson is Bryson, the rest are older players with the best part of their careers in the rear view who just want to cash out for easy money. DJ is the draw but he's pushing 40 now and again, thinks he's done his time on the PGA Tour, won 2 majors, modern-day great, I'm cashing my money.

The problem comes if/when a current superstar goes. Rory has said no and been very vocal about that, Spieth, JT, Rahm, Morikawa etc have all said similar things. But if ONE makes the plunge then the PGA Tour will be in trouble because it could well open the floodgates.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #3848 on: June 8, 2022, 11:10:44 am »
Tiger apparently turned down a ridiculous amount to go, some reports suggest close to a billion dollars. He's a billionaire anyway, doesn't need the money, but still. But if Tiger would have gone then you can bet a few of the younger current crop would have. That is what they want next. Rickie Fowler is washed up, Bryson is Bryson, the rest are older players with the best part of their careers in the rear view who just want to cash out for easy money. DJ is the draw but he's pushing 40 now and again, thinks he's done his time on the PGA Tour, won 2 majors, modern-day great, I'm cashing my money.

The problem comes if/when a current superstar goes. Rory has said no and been very vocal about that, Spieth, JT, Rahm, Morikawa etc have all said similar things. But if ONE makes the plunge then the PGA Tour will be in trouble because it could well open the floodgates.

Aye the superstars have said no, with the exception of Dustin, but I haven't heard one player who has said no, argue that they are not going because of the source of the money. They are all talking about the traditions of the game etc.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #3849 on: June 8, 2022, 12:26:11 pm »
Bryson DeChambeau and Patrick Reed have now joined LIV.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3850 on: June 8, 2022, 12:34:54 pm »
Bryson DeChambeau and Patrick Reed have now joined LIV.
We're going to find out in a few years that this whole thing was set up by the PGA to get rid of the c*nts from their tour.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3851 on: June 8, 2022, 12:36:42 pm »
We're going to find out in a few years that this whole thing was set up by the PGA to get rid of the c*nts from their tour.

Do they have enough spaces available?

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3852 on: June 8, 2022, 01:02:01 pm »

End up with a tour of one then  ;)
« Last Edit: June 8, 2022, 02:34:22 pm by Red-Soldier »

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3853 on: June 8, 2022, 01:17:11 pm »
I’ve watched a couple of interviews with Phil Mickelson and also Poulter and Westwood. Considering they’re about to receive millions of dollars, Michelson rumoured to be receiving a $200m signing on fee, none of them look particularly happy. Not sure if that’s their conscience eating away at them or something  else. It’s incredible how they can sit there and say they don’t condone human rights abuse then take millions directly from the people commiting that abuse. Isn’t that condoning it?

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #3854 on: June 8, 2022, 02:00:03 pm »
It’s incredible how they can sit there and say they don’t condone human rights abuse then take millions directly from the people commiting that abuse. Isn’t that condoning it?

No not at all, it’s just because Golf helps everything.

The state of those interviews, absolute bunch of charlatans. Football journalists could learn a lot from the way the golfing media have responded to this, surprisingly.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3855 on: June 8, 2022, 02:02:28 pm »
Is anyone going to watch this? Do the players care? Do the Saudis care? Are they just trying to fuck shit up?

No further questions at this time.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3856 on: June 8, 2022, 02:08:43 pm »
I dont watch much golf probably only Ryder Cup so obviously no expert on this but poster above is right to say they are all getting loads of money they seem like their homes have been taken from them.

Westwood has pretty said its for the money but the answers given by some are weird considering golfers are well educated.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #3857 on: June 8, 2022, 02:27:42 pm »
I’ve watched a couple of interviews with Phil Mickelson and also Poulter and Westwood. Considering they’re about to receive millions of dollars, Michelson rumoured to be receiving a $200m signing on fee, none of them look particularly happy. Not sure if that’s their conscience eating away at them or something  else. It’s incredible how they can sit there and say they don’t condone human rights abuse then take millions directly from the people commiting that abuse. Isn’t that condoning it?

The look and demeanour of people who have simply sold their souls.

https://twitter.com/Mockneyrebel/status/1534494437077835777

#Golf's moral maze...

"If Vladimir Putin had a tournament would you play there?"

@IanJamesPoulter
 - "I won't comment on speculation"

"Would you have played in Apartheid South Africa?"

@WestwoodLee
  - "I can't answer a hypothetical question"

@NeilMcLeman with the questions

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3858 on: June 8, 2022, 02:33:36 pm »
What sort of answer even is that from Poulter? :D

'I wont comment on speculation'

I dont think anyone was actually suggesting that they've heard Putin is going to set up a golf tournament, you greedy fuckwit.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3859 on: June 8, 2022, 02:43:30 pm »
Absolute pond scum. Have everything they could ever want in the world and in an incredibly privileged position where they can actually do some good in various ways, yet they decide to be the face for a disgusting human right abusing regime.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #3860 on: June 8, 2022, 05:40:54 pm »
Just been looking at the full list of names in the Liv. Now I watch a hell of a lot of golf on Sky but jeez loads of those fellas I have never ever heard of.
But if the worst player in the tournament pockets $120,000 they must think they've died and gone to heaven.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3861 on: June 8, 2022, 06:37:46 pm »
just seen mickelson squirming and leaning into the 'osmosis' take - the go to take everyone uses regardless of which sport as an excuse that they all equally know is utter bullshit as the words fall out of their mouths

what i found of particular interest was the forthright and blunt language used by the journalist towards an american playing golf that i can't recall ever hearing when they're broaching such subjects to individuals involved in the EPL

the constrast in tone is stark
« Last Edit: June 8, 2022, 06:41:47 pm by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3862 on: June 8, 2022, 07:03:01 pm »
DeChambeau, Patrick Reed, Kevin Na, Poulter...what a list of insufferable pricks to base your brand around. Could easily throw Mickelson in there too with how he's behaved recently (and he's had a lot of detractors prior to all this as well).

It's a bold strategy cotton, let's see if it pays off.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #3863 on: June 8, 2022, 07:27:09 pm »
Basically, those who join Liv are puppets for the Crown Prince. To dance and show their wares at his tournaments.

This has nothing to do with growing the game worldwide. Encouraging youth or females to pursue their dreams.

It's all about being show ponies, well paid show ponies, for the Crown Prince.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3864 on: June 8, 2022, 08:21:55 pm »
Just saw Poulter and Westwood and some no mark being unable to answer a simple question about whether they have any moral limits. What a spineless Tory crew golfers are. Hardly news I know. Is there any more solidly white middle-class sport than golf? I doubt it. What a bunch of greedy reactionary gits.

Here it is. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/golf/61738171

Moral failures. Sporting ones too probably.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2022, 08:23:39 pm by Yorkykopite »
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #3865 on: June 8, 2022, 08:29:40 pm »
DeChambeau is getting $100m. So that's at least $500m+ that the Saudi's are spending on this, right? Either they crush the PGA or it's a complete failure, seems strange way to spend this amount of money.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3866 on: June 8, 2022, 08:39:59 pm »
DeChambeau is getting $100m. So that's at least $500m+ that the Saudi's are spending on this, right? Either they crush the PGA or it's a complete failure, seems strange way to spend this amount of money.

That's probably the equivalent of you or I paying a tenner
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #3867 on: June 8, 2022, 08:58:00 pm »
just seen mickelson squirming and leaning into the 'osmosis' take - the go to take everyone uses regardless of which sport as an excuse that they all equally know is utter bullshit as the words fall out of their mouths

what i found of particular interest was the forthright and blunt language used by the journalist towards an american playing golf that i can't recall ever hearing when they're broaching such subjects to individuals involved in the EPL

the constrast in tone is stark

I look forward to the same level of questioning being applied to Haaland at his introductory presser.

No, I don’t think so either……..
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3868 on: June 8, 2022, 09:26:43 pm »
Just saw Poulter and Westwood and some no mark being unable to answer a simple question about whether they have any moral limits. What a spineless Tory crew golfers are. Hardly news I know. Is there any more solidly white middle-class sport than golf? I doubt it. What a bunch of greedy reactionary gits.

Here it is. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/golf/61738171

Moral failures. Sporting ones too probably.

Totally agree!  Go down to your loal club and it absolutely stinks of Tory pricks!  I sport full of people I really don't want to associate with!  There's a new campaign gathering traction that is trying to reclaim land for the masses, as opposed to the privileged few.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3869 on: June 8, 2022, 09:37:01 pm »
Dan Roan from the BBC tried to nab the fella overseeing it, think he is also the Newcastle chairman. Asked him about Sportswashing. Surprisingly for a man who spoke perfect English, he was "not familiar with that terminology"
Fuckers like that are ripping the very soul out of sport by trying to take over an entire sport now not just a team. If this is a success and they rope more in, I fear for Sport and where they will go next.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3870 on: June 8, 2022, 09:53:08 pm »
I haven't really read too much about this new sportswashing vehicle, but have any of the top golfers came out as explicitly against it so far?, heard Tiger Woods rejected an offer, but have any golfers shown any integrity yet and called it out for what it is yet?

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #3871 on: June 8, 2022, 09:56:07 pm »
I haven't really read too much about this new sportswashing vehicle, but have any of the top golfers came out as explicitly against it so far?, heard Tiger Woods rejected an offer, but have any golfers shown any integrity yet and called it out for what it is yet?

Rory McIlroy certainly has come out against the new LIV golf.
#Sausages

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3872 on: June 8, 2022, 10:09:45 pm »

Seen even stranger,albeit i suspect it's from the same wallet

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerowankelleher/2021/04/09/saudi-crown-prince-mbs-pressed-the-louvre-to-lie-about-his-fake-leonardo-da-vinci-per-new-documentary/?sh=f336750ed36d

Online LOHAG

• Main Stander
« Reply #3873 on: June 8, 2022, 10:11:24 pm »
If we put sentiment and morals to one side for just a second......
From a business perspective, i suspect these fellas are their own limited company, and are very successful. But, a new opportunity has arisen that requires you to work 25% less for three times as much money (minimum). I think most if not all of us would be 'hell yeah, where do i sign'.
Now consider whats deemed as the right thing to do and that offer is enough to bend most peoples moral compass.
Just wish those defectors were honest and stated ' do you know what, i dont really care where the money comes from i just want a part of it' It's greed but lets pull it back to what we know most about, football.
Any player joining any sportwash FC club does not suffer the type of scrutiny that the defectors are getting. I am not saying either way is right but if we are willing to go all out calling people cnuts for playing golf in a different league then lets be consistent with players like tripper for example.
What amazes me the most is that people are getting so emotion about golf!!!

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3874 on: June 8, 2022, 10:20:44 pm »
Golf is almost exclusively an individual sport.  Players leaving the PGA Tour hurts the tour and everything associated with it.  Other tours (like the Korn Ferry with newly-graduated amateurs or European tour) is also hurt by this.  Those golfers leaving have fans, but they're hardly the devotees like football supporters.

Whereas in football, you'll have Chelsea, Newcastle, Man City, and PSG fans that will be happy with their new owners and investment.  Those owners are also smart enough to invest in those local communities.  When you have a place like Newcastle that needs investment and a football club that's been run by Mike Ashley, an owner coming in promising investment in the team and the community win over the locals (including MPs and council members, by the way).  There's your tribalism of support that doesn't exist in golf.  At the same time, the PL is strengthened by all the money being poured in, making the league the most competitive.  The UK government is no stranger to dodgy money either.

There's quite frankly relatively little interest in pushback for the powers that be in football.  The local supporters, local politicians, the PL, and the government don't oppose it.

Whereas in golf, it's much easier to ask the tough questions as the only beneficiaries of this new league are individual golfers (with relatively low fan support) and this new league entity while other institutions are being harmed.  Much easier to elicit a united response against it.
King Kenny.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3875 on: June 8, 2022, 10:36:58 pm »
If we put sentiment and morals to one side for just a second......
From a business perspective, i suspect these fellas are their own limited company, and are very successful. But, a new opportunity has arisen that requires you to work 25% less for three times as much money (minimum). I think most if not all of us would be 'hell yeah, where do i sign'.
Now consider whats deemed as the right thing to do and that offer is enough to bend most peoples moral compass.
Just wish those defectors were honest and stated ' do you know what, i dont really care where the money comes from i just want a part of it' It's greed but lets pull it back to what we know most about, football.
Any player joining any sportwash FC club does not suffer the type of scrutiny that the defectors are getting. I am not saying either way is right but if we are willing to go all out calling people cnuts for playing golf in a different league then lets be consistent with players like tripper for example.
What amazes me the most is that people are getting so emotion about golf!!!

What your average Joe would do for more money cannot be compared to what a multi-millionaire should do. For any of us, earning three times as much would be completely life changing, whereas for them it's pure unnecessary greed.

Trippier got asked awkward questions, as did Howe, but they just brushed it off as the golfers have. There are also alternative excuses that can be given in football e.g. greater chance of silverware that don't really exist with what's happening in golf. It's more blatantly about the cash.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3876 on: June 9, 2022, 08:18:36 am »
Seen even stranger,albeit i suspect it's from the same wallet

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerowankelleher/2021/04/09/saudi-crown-prince-mbs-pressed-the-louvre-to-lie-about-his-fake-leonardo-da-vinci-per-new-documentary/?sh=f336750ed36d

The irony of the ruler of one of the most Islamic countries owns a painting of the Christian Christ which he paid $450m to have on his $540m private yacht.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3877 on: June 9, 2022, 08:38:57 am »
The irony of the ruler of one of the most Islamic countries owns a painting of the Christian Christ which he paid $450m to have on his $540m private yacht.

Yeah,and apparently the experts now say it's just 'sort of' Da Vinci as well. :D

Offered to loan the painting to the Louvre on condition it's displayed as 100% Da Vinci's personal work,sort of paints a picture  :) of the guy along with everything else he does including things like the alleged hit order on Khashoggi and owning Newcastle via PIF.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3878 on: June 9, 2022, 09:17:55 am »

Score for human rights.

I don't think that comparison is an example of hypocrisy to be honest, although the reason why is because of the love of £££. The F1 and other sports and the West in general were happy to work with Putin's Russia and take the dirty money until the full scale invasion.  The perfect example of course is the fact that the CL final was supposed to be in Russia. Russia was already a despicable regime that had already violated Ukraine's sovereignty... Rightly this is the tipping point even if much belatedly

And even then, their actions are part of a wider embargo of the West on Russia that some would probably avoid for the right £ if it didn't risk losing more £ as a result of the PR and campaigns etc

Edit: there definitely is a lot of hypocrisy in sporting organisations being happy to work with these countries while it benefits them though you're right. No denying that.
« Last Edit: June 9, 2022, 09:34:00 am by B0151? »

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75