Author Topic: Russia launches invasion of Ukraine (*) & use spoiler tags for anything graphic!  (Read 933727 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
As a Catholic, I have to say Pope Francis has had a mare there. John Paul would have smacked the back of his head for a comment like that.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think the issue with the Pope is that he is most likely poorly advised, and his closest advisors are politically leaning towards the pro-Russian crowd.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
I think the issue with the Pope is that he is most likely poorly advised, and his closest advisors are politically leaning towards the pro-Russian crowd.

I agree, and it's most disheartening. John Paul II was Polish and had first hand experience of Russian imperialism. Hell they tried to have him assassinated more than once. To hear a Pope come out with such nonsense is gobsmacking.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I agree, and it's most disheartening. John Paul II was Polish and had first hand experience of Russian imperialism. Hell they tried to have him assassinated more than once. To hear a Pope come out with such nonsense is gobsmacking.
He's not actually infallible you know.

Frankly, it is the general problem of people with huge influence weighing in on things they know little about and failing to acknowledge that, actually, they are fucking clueless.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He's not actually infallible you know.

Frankly, it is the general problem of people with huge influence weighing in on things they know little about and failing to acknowledge that, actually, they are fucking clueless.

I like Francis for the most part. A very progressive thinker compared to the conservative theologian who quit before he was finished. A like a lot of his views on social issues, including inclusivity of LGBTQ members of the church. He understands that for the church to retain in’s relevance, it has to keep the doors open, and not kick people out.

On the other hand, if you look at the Vatican’s stances since his appointment, it includes many things like recognising Palestinian’s right to statehood, normalising Cuba’s relations with the US, etc.

The general pattern that you see though, along with the advisers he surrounds himself with, are very much to the left of the spectrum. Anti capitalist, and globalisation, the cardinals that his council hails from has some of the most anti-western or BRICS supporting views out there. So this isn’t surprising at all that it has come to this. This has been the most anti-European Vatican that has ever been.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Well I don't want to drag the discussion off-topic again, but I'd suggest there's a great deal of opposition to the blatant corruption on view in Western politics right now. Setting aside for a moment the Vatican's own sins, perhaps their anti-corruption stance can probably get mangled up with anti-European/West in general.

I also like Francis. Getting the Catholic Church to modernise its views is like pushing a boulder, so yeah reform takes time.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Meanwhile, May 9th draws ever nearer - there was talk recently that the taking of Mariupol and the anticipated storming of the steelworks is intended to coincide with this date - it's called 'Victory Day' by Russians, whereas in fact it more accurately describes "Walking Into Nations That Have Suffered Under Nazi Occupation For Five Years And Stealing Them For The Next Fifty" - bunch of c*nts.

So, it's going to kick off in Tallinn.

It will likely happen elsewhere too.

https://news.err.ee/1608589021/estonian-police-chief-we-are-becoming-more-vigilant-as-victory-day-nears

Some background:
"The Victory Day parade was occasionally marked in the Soviet era and revived by President Boris Yeltsin for the 50th anniversary in 1995, but it was Vladimir Putin in 2008 who made it an annual event featuring military hardware. Russian identity has been largely created with Victory Day in the background, with schoolbooks and history books focusing on Russia as Europe's wartime liberators." - https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61332283

Anyone air-drawing a Z in my face is gonna get their face ripped off. I've already had a few hostile looks/comments for wearing a blue and yellow ribbon......the shit these fucking morons come out with makes my blood boil......
« Last Edit: May 6, 2022, 08:36:35 am by 24∗7 »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
As a Catholic, I have to say Pope Francis has had a mare there. John Paul would have smacked the back of his head for a comment like that.
Not sure George or Ringo would have approved much either. Anyway, on the subject of the Vatican and war, when I lived in the Balkans there was much talk of the Vatican having intervened to stop the Yugoslav War escalating to the point of reaching the borders of Austria and Italy (Serbia rolled into Slovenia the day after the latter declared independence - six casualties later and it was all over - weird as fuck).

Although Francis is barking up the wrong tree by criticising NATO for barking at Putin's door, there's some hope that at least a ceasefire could be brokered by religious types.......we can pray......(those who believe can - I'll just keep crossing my fingers that these scared old white men wake the fuck up and stop destroying humanity!)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Another impact of sanctions - those with brains and cash are leaving Russia to rot. There's talk of a financial meltdown coming. While that will inevitably affect us all, Russia's fucked for probably decades.

How's the plan going, Vlad? :wave

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61257448

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
Another impact of sanctions - those with brains and cash are leaving Russia to rot. There's talk of a financial meltdown coming. While that will inevitably affect us all, Russia's fucked for probably decades.

How's the plan going, Vlad? :wave

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61257448

The west should be offering Russian scientists sinecure.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The rumours of another Russian ship being sunk are picking up steam. The Ukrainian general staff has confirmed the news, but as always no word from the Russian side. Apparently close to Snake Island again.

https://twitter.com/alexkhrebet/status/1522506742789287936?s=21&t=FgPvuXH485vyOLkejr4msA

Would be another huge blow to the Russians if true. It’s one of the last remaining vessels the Russians have that can provide air defence for their landing ships.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
In looking at Ukraine and Western support it fairly clearly (to me) shows what Western support can do in the right hands. Supporting Afghanistan and basically fighting the war we thought they wanted, when in reality not so many Afghanis are prepared to fight that war themselves became obvious. To be fair to the Ukrainians, they are truly fighting it themselves.

At least this shows to me that being moralistic about right and wrong in someones elses country and culture won't succeed unless they themselves want to fight. There are so many problems in Afghanistan and other places, but large western military presence will not solve them. At least with Ukraine, appropriate support will hopefully tip the balance towards a peaceful solution with the Russians out of Ukraine.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
The rumours of another Russian ship being sunk are picking up steam. The Ukrainian general staff has confirmed the news, but as always no word from the Russian side. Apparently close to Snake Island again.

https://twitter.com/alexkhrebet/status/1522506742789287936?s=21&t=FgPvuXH485vyOLkejr4msA

Would be another huge blow to the Russians if true. It’s one of the last remaining vessels the Russians have that can provide air defence for their landing ships.

The Independent and Mirror reporting it too now, really hope its true.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
The Independent and Mirror reporting it too now, really hope its true.

That'd be nice.

Imagine the poor bloke who has to tell Putin.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
That'd be nice.

Has he had his surgery yet? Tell him just as he's going under the anaesthetic.....

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That'd be nice.

As if anyone's going to tell Putin ;D

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That'd be nice.

Or Putin’s cat!

But in all seriousness that’s a massive cock-up by the Russians of epic proportions. They have already lost one ship so that should have removed any complacency, they moved their remaining ships further back from the coast so should have been out of range, the Ukrainians can only attack the Russian fleet from one direction, even then ships have countermeasures they can deploy against incoming missiles like interceptor missiles and even Gatling guns on some ships to shoot down incoming missiles, so for all of that to have either not happened or failed, it’s pretty shocking.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
Or Putin’s cat!

But in all seriousness that’s a massive cock-up by the Russians of epic proportions. They have already lost one ship so that should have removed any complacency, they moved their remaining ships further back from the coast so should have been out of range, the Ukrainians can only attack the Russian fleet from one direction, even then ships have countermeasures they can deploy against incoming missiles like interceptor missiles and even Gatling guns on some ships to shoot down incoming missiles, so for all of that to have either not happened or failed, it’s pretty shocking.

I saw something today that said the US gave the Ukrainians the Moskva location. The firing point was somewhere out to sea and that the missile was not launched from land. Source was either Telegraph or BB, Cant remember which.

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I saw something today that said the US gave the Ukrainians the Moskva location. The firing point was somewhere out to sea and that the missile was not launched from land. Source was either Telegraph or BB, Cant remember which.

Would be very interesting how they launched it if not from land. The TB2 drone can’t carry enough weight to launch a Neptune missile, they don’t have the ships to launch one, so only thing I can thing of is a modified SU-27 or Mig-29 and maybe flying low enough not to be detected by the ships radar?
Thinking is overrated.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Would be very interesting how they launched it if not from land. The TB2 drone can’t carry enough weight to launch a Neptune missile, they don’t have the ships to launch one, so only thing I can thing of is a modified SU-27 or Mig-29 and maybe flying low enough not to be detected by the ships radar?

Pretty sure their neptune is currently only launched from land

https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/defence-notes/ukraine-to-repurpose-neptune-missile/

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
Lloyd Austin mentioned weakening Russia so they can never do this again the same day Biden announced increased military deliveries. 

This is a new tack.
Kill the humourless

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
Crazy watch

(EDIT - some of that is deeply upsetting. JC)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvNc9yDox8U
« Last Edit: May 8, 2022, 07:55:33 am by John C »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Amazing Ukrainian Air Force bombing raid on Snake Island, filmed by a Bayraktar TB2 drone.

https://twitter.com/osint88/status/1523033230903222272?s=21&t=tuv3rnKeTFTXen0NNftC2A

The first bombing raid by the Ukrainian Air Force visually confirmed in this war.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
I know it's war, and that they're the enemy, and that Russian troops have committed countless atrocities. Still, that's an awful way to die. Quick, yes; but not even a body left to bury.

Popcorn's Art

Online west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I know it's war, and that they're the enemy, and that Russian troops have committed countless atrocities. Still, that's an awful way to die. Quick, yes; but not even a body left to bury.

There’s nothing wrong with cremation
Thinking is overrated.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
There’s nothing wrong with cremation
Which is my preferred way to go, although it's against the customs of my culture. No one would come to my grave anyway.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
how does this stuff end up on twitter?

Usually from official accounts.

Nothing of substance from the Russian victory parade today, except for the fact that the Air Force didn’t show up.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
Nothing of substance from the Russian victory parade today, except for the fact that the Air Force didn’t show up.

Blames the weather apparently, although seems like a beautiful Spring day.

As someone on Twitter said: "Couldy, with a chance of MANPADs".

Online ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
Usually from official accounts.

And the fact that only 2 of their T-14 super tanks appeared even though 3 had been in all the rehearsals.  Another breakdown….
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
Really need some help folks.

We are still stuck in Poland after scarpering out of Ukraine and the pet document stuff looks like we need to enter via Hull on 20th May BUT we literally have nowhere to go to.

The good news is it looks like Ana can work again (and I am still working) so we can pay rent per month plus bills of about 900-1000. I guess that means we're looking for a rent of about 650-700 tops pcm.

Can anyone please help - there must be someone out there. My uncle tried with a place near Warrington/Leigh area but they took the place off the market today. We are looking for anywhere northwest area, just clean and not in a rough area.

Shaun, Ana and cat (but we're not mentioning the cat because it's limiting us even more.)

Please someone, try to help us out. Thank you for reading.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
Hope you find some help soon mate.

There are lots of good folks here, I am confident you will find something.

Phuk yoo

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Russian Ambassador in Warsaw decided to go out in public to celebrate the current fascists invading Ukraine (under the guise of WW2 celebrations).

Didn't quite read the room, and delighted to see it was made uncomfortable for him in a non-violent way.

Perfect symbolism
https://twitter.com/JimmySecUK/status/1523626298077499393

Great targeting systems from whoever threw those paintbombs!
« Last Edit: May 9, 2022, 02:08:52 pm by Classycara »

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
Hope you find some help soon mate.

There are lots of good folks here, I am confident you will find something.

Thanks mate. We've literally had ONE very lovely and kind reply from the very lovely reddebs but it's north Wales and a bit out of the way. We could do with something Manchester area for Ana. Anyway, working on it.....
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
Shaun this sounds flip and stupid to my own ears but I suggest posting your appeal to Redcafe and reddit/soccer.  While RAWK is a goldmine of personalities I think it is significantly smaller than those online communities.  All the best, YNWA from the other side of the world
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Really need some help folks.

We are still stuck in Poland after scarpering out of Ukraine and the pet document stuff looks like we need to enter via Hull on 20th May BUT we literally have nowhere to go to.

The good news is it looks like Ana can work again (and I am still working) so we can pay rent per month plus bills of about 900-1000. I guess that means we're looking for a rent of about 650-700 tops pcm.

Can anyone please help - there must be someone out there. My uncle tried with a place near Warrington/Leigh area but they took the place off the market today. We are looking for anywhere northwest area, just clean and not in a rough area.

Shaun, Ana and cat (but we're not mentioning the cat because it's limiting us even more.)

Please someone, try to help us out. Thank you for reading.

I don't really know anybody who might be able to help, unfortunately. I could share this post to my FB, but that's a very long shot?

Popcorn's Art

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Biden just signed the lend lease act for Ukraine. First of it’s kind since WWII. The greatest benefactor of this previously was, ironically, The Soviet Union.

The law signed into place also includes in the language ‘eastern flanked countries’. I am assuming the the likes of the Baltics, Poland, Slovakia, and Romania may also be included.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2022, 08:49:02 pm by Bend It Like Aurelio »

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Biden just signed the lend lease act for Ukraine. First of it’s kind since WWII. The greatest benefactor of this previously was, ironically, The Soviet Union.

The anti-Fascist fight continues.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.