Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1759195 times)

Offline Bembo10

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #13040 on: October 2, 2022, 10:38:07 am »
I think it's just a generational thing, when I was in the Kop in the 70' you lived for that Sat afternoon. Got in the ground early, had a laugh, good piss take and a sing a long. The Kop wasn't always at full pelt, but it was never dull.

That was your 90 minutes to live the game, so you didn't try and miss a thing as that moment maybe gone forever.

These days, everything is too sterile, sanitised and diluted for my liking, every moment of the game is filmed, dissected and analysised to the point of boredom. No chance you'll miss anything these days, the spontaneity and enjoyment of a 'live' event is not the same anymore in my opinion, it's hard to create a worthy atmosphere in such surroundings.

When I went to the match, 20 odd thousand (mainly local fellas) had fuck all else to do in The Kop but make the most of their time in the ground.

For a variety of reasons, it's obvious now the current version The Kop will never be as raucous or as spontaneous as back in the 60/70s. Times change, and your average Kopite now is a bit different to a long time ago, probably a bit more affluent for a start!

The only way I can see to improve atmosphere (and it's been discussed endlessly before) is a cheaper, standing area in The Kop for like minded fans, younger fans in particular, out to enjoy themselves, have a laugh and to vocally get behind the Reds, win lose or draw.

Agree 100% with the last comment. The main stand development had a positive Impact on the atmosphere for a few weeks but it’s a placebo. If people think that the new stand and over 60k fans will improve the atmosphere, it won’t. What is needed is areas in the Kop where like minded people congregate, one in the Kop and one in the Anny Rd ala Palace. Even Arsenal have a section, all dressed in black who get things started. Obviously we won’t go along those lines where we try to emulate ultras in a watered down version but we’d do our own thing.

This group will Kickstart things and it will be easy to create a knock on affect around the ground as at the moment all three like minded people are spread out and it’s nigh on impossible to get started.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #13041 on: October 2, 2022, 10:39:49 am »
Agree 100% with the last comment. The main stand development had a positive Impact on the atmosphere for a few weeks but it’s a placebo. If people think that the new stand and over 60k fans will improve the atmosphere, it won’t. What is needed is areas in the Kop where like minded people congregate, one in the Kop and one in the Anny Rd ala Palace. Even Arsenal have a section, all dressed in black who get things started. Obviously we won’t go along those lines where we try to emulate ultras in a watered down version but we’d do our own thing.

This group will Kickstart things and it will be easy to create a knock on affect around the ground as at the moment all three like minded people are spread out and it’s nigh on impossible to get started.

Hopefully these are ideas that the fan representation are pushing with the club.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #13042 on: October 2, 2022, 10:40:36 am »
Thoughts on yesterday

3pm kick off against Brighton, I was never expecting it to be a good atmosphere (It never has, even in title runs)

Touts visibly happening on the ground outside the Dalglish Stand and given instructions where to return phones

Anfield Road lower 126 had a massive queue build up pre match as fans didn't know what rows they are sat in and it caused a dominio effect - HOW DON'T YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE SAT ALWAYS BAFFLES ME.

Usual coke head abusing our own fans for not singing and spends 90% of the match trying to provoke the away fans anyway

Fans once again having the urge to go the toilet or have a beer on 39th minute - I genuinely don't get this!?

Locals laughing at people trying to get a song going!?

A constant problem (not just our ground) - Beggy cardboard signs which a parent then forces a kid to hold up for the entire 90 minutes asking Alisson or Salah or Curtis Jones for a shirt just so he can flog it on ebay *PLS CAN I HAVE YOUR SHIRT SALAH*

Fans leaving on the 83rd minute at 3-3 - I know we are playing bad but what message does that say to the players if you've given up? I can reluctantly accept if we are losing a match but everything is still to play for at 3-3 ffs.

I really hope things can be sorted soon. YNWA. 

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #13043 on: October 2, 2022, 10:54:14 am »
State of our fans and I couldn't get any tickets

I'd sing in my scarf holding it high even two nil down

Yeah it’s an embarrassment. Can’t get a ticket and don’t have the time to be refreshing all the time for every game. It puts me off spending so much money to watch people on their phones all game. Social media is destroying the match experience for a lot of people and for others it’s the norm now

The way the tickets are being passed on is a BiG issue. It’s not your regular STHs or members going, the majority are day trippers. Need to see the figures for this season.

Honestly, if it’s silent on Tuesday there’s no hope.

Offline Teapot Bob

• Kemlynite
« Reply #13044 on: October 2, 2022, 12:01:01 pm »
First Post. Probably will be a long ramble. Read the forum off and on for a fair while,  really enjoy it, but this thread can evoke strong feelings in me more than most. Dont read expecting too much new. Basically an overdue vent.

Agree with much of what's been written. We've been a special occasion crowd for a very long time now. I've been told by multiple people that there was a drop off in the average atmosphere around the end of the 70s. Can imagine at least a couple of reasons why that might be.

My first games were in the mid 80s and whilst the noise was not always great then and through the 90s, we could raise it during games and the periods of quiet were not as long. It's got gradually worse through the decades. The average game has a few minutes of half-hearted singing at the start, that then dies out around 10 minutes (give or take) and is follwed by an eerie silence. It's been that way for far too long. I reckon plenty of our support think it's normal because it's been that way for so long - 'that's just what happens at home games in the prem'. While the atmosphere at your average PL game isn't incredible, most grounds at least have some sort of hint that there are tens of thousands of humans sitting somewhere close to the pitch. What's worse, our support is rarely much better for the big games these days.

Probably similarly to others on this thread, I've always loved the footy for the atmosphere as much as the game. We have a manager who would relish a booming, chanting, singing, snarling kop. The most annoying thing for me is that we have loads of fans who would love to get to anfield and get behind the team - every game. You see it in the pubs and bars around the city, you see it in the passion of supporters groups who watch us all over the country and the world. It's been said in this thread that we've lost a generation and that the kids are different now. I agree to some extent but as others have said, our best atmospheres are often cup games - usually the league cup. What I've noticed at those games is a much younger crowd (including teenagers), both scouse and non-local, who want to make noise and get behind the team. There are still a few tourists, there are still some of the usual stale regulars, but they're far fewer in number and the atmosphere reflects it.

Personally I reckon the crowd have a massive effect on the team and therefore on results. I know thats not something everyone agrees with but I can never relate to the folks who shrug and say we've always made noise when we've felt like it, no big deal. We do actually have loads of supporters who would fill the ground and give the team a lift. We have loads around Liverpool, if they could sit with their mates. We have fans around the country and the world who love the club and were first drawn to it because of the culture and the mythos. But instead we've got the oldest crowd around  (that's obvious to anyone paying attention), who are now seeped in a decades-long culture of going the game and hardly ever singing/chanting, mixed with and an avalanche of tourists - there to sample the sweet, sweet silence through their videos.

Of course in amongst that we have loads of great supporters too. Also, of course people can support how they like. No one has to sing and cheer and vocally get behind the lads. I dont make noise as much as I used to, but I still give it a go.
It will always be the teenage - 35 ish lot that will be the most boisterous and consistently noisy. The fuckers have the energy to do it. I don't know how its going to come about but we really do need to find a way of getting like-minded supporters sitting (standing) together on the kop ... and if we did likewise in the Anny Road we might actually be in a good position to out-sing all the away fans that make most of the noise at anfield these days.

Hands up, at this point in my life I'm not going to be the one to lead the charge to FSG, but I hope some group of young lads do - just to stop JK having to pretend he was impressed by the occasional slightly-above-abysmal atmosphere every so often, and to stop Luis Diaz giving those 'what the fuck is this?' looks up to the stands when all he can hear is the groaning and moaning. I reckon  a bit of consistent support from the stands would go a long way - as well as make going the game much more enjoyable for many of us too.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #13045 on: October 2, 2022, 12:06:39 pm »
^^
Great debut post mate!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13046 on: October 2, 2022, 12:16:11 pm »
Good first post teapot, it has changed over the years, I remember the first time I went to anfield I was in the main stand anfield road end, I watched the old kop and I was bitten, I went in the next year and got a season ticket the next £70 I think it was there wasn’t a waiting list then. The buzz from standing on the kop was amazing I still remember 23k against auxerre (still my favourite atmosphere). What winds me up is the constant moan on here about having to be a local to chant, I have a mix of locals and non locals where I sit on the kop (block 205) and without doubt the worst are 2 local gentlemen who Sit behind me all they do is moan constantly. I have always screamed my head off and I’m not local, I don’t know If many of the fans on here will remember this but when the kop was a terrace and the fans groups used to make up flyers and throw them up during the game calling for a flag day in the next game, I used to collect them and stick them on the wall but I always turned up with at least a scarf to hold up if not a flag, nowadays that doesn’t really happen anymore. But if people think the atmosphere was always electric even back in the old days with less day trippers you are wrong it was exactly the same some games were superb and others were crap, although the kop as a terrace helped mask it.

Offline Teapot Bob

• Kemlynite
« Reply #13047 on: October 2, 2022, 12:20:55 pm »
Cheers Mike and Redric  :)

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13048 on: October 2, 2022, 12:22:21 pm »
Although I wasn’t around in the 70/80s I agree with every bit of that post. I often get told by my dad about the 70s and 80s at Anfield. Great post teapot 👏🏼

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #13049 on: October 2, 2022, 12:30:29 pm »

We've got a one off chance to do something with the Anny as that opens next season and that bring some life back to the ground.

306 have a go but it's always been in the worst possible place. You can't even see it from most of the ground, let alone hear it.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #13050 on: October 2, 2022, 12:33:18 pm »
Ban phones

At the ground I mean

Lol. Why did Anfield put in 5G or whatever it was. Get some sort of network blocker up and watch the atmosphere increase IMO

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13051 on: October 2, 2022, 12:36:26 pm »
We've got a one off chance to do something with the Anny as that opens next season and that bring some life back to the ground.

306 have a go but it's always been in the worst possible place. You can't even see it from most of the ground, let alone hear it.

I agree try and get the new Annie road upper to give the kop a challenge.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #13052 on: October 2, 2022, 12:40:11 pm »
Ban phones

At the ground I mean

Lol. Why did Anfield put in 5G or whatever it was. Get some sort of network blocker up and watch the atmosphere increase IMO
Can't be done. And in any case I doubt it would be much better. People who are going to sing and make a noise already do so. Those who aren't going to do so will not do so, even if their phones were banned.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Teapot Bob

• Kemlynite
« Reply #13053 on: October 2, 2022, 12:49:37 pm »
Although I wasn’t around in the 70/80s I agree with every bit of that post. I often get told by my dad about the 70s and 80s at Anfield. Great post teapot 👏🏼

Thanks  :)

Agree with the idea that the AR development is an opportunity we need to take to get the ball rolling. Is it too much to hope that could  happen and then be a catalyst ...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #13054 on: October 2, 2022, 12:55:13 pm »
I agree try and get the new Annie road upper to give the kop a challenge.
There was a plan announced by some fans recently, I think, to try and get a singing section in the Annie established.

Need to be more singing sections really, dotted around the ground, where like-minded groups of friends can stand together. This could be tied in with safe-standing. Sections of safe-standing, at intervals throughout the four stands. You buy a ticket for the section but not for a particular spot. Instead you stand with your friends, one to a spot, first come basis. Only specified section ticket holders allowed into each section so no chance of exceeding capacity.

Call them singing sections; aimed at a mix of STH and non-STH who want to sing and contribute to atmosphere. Exhort those who choose a ST there or buy a ticket, to sing and make noise throught. Get sections to compete for pride and honours.

It'd mean shifting some people form their current seats maybe but something like this needs to happen to prevent things getting ever more morbund.

The problem is not non-STH,. however much people want to believe that. The problem is the lack of, for want of a better term 'terrace culture'. There were always loads of people who sat silently but the terrace culture of the day made up for that. Now it's largely missing and as someone else said 306 is a drop in the ocean,. increasingly so as capacity increases.

There might also be an acoustics issue which I'll leave for another post
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13055 on: October 2, 2022, 12:55:44 pm »
Thanks  :)

Agree with the idea that the AR development is an opportunity we need to take to get the ball rolling. Is it too much to hope that could  happen and then be a catalyst ...

I hope so. Getting groups of supporters sat together who will sing and make noise throughout is the route to go down. And I say that through gritted teeth as I used to take the piss out of teams who had singing sections. But maybe it’s for the best?

Offline Teapot Bob

• Kemlynite
« Reply #13056 on: October 2, 2022, 01:02:34 pm »
I hope so. Getting groups of supporters sat together who will sing and make noise throughout is the route to go down. And I say that through gritted teeth as I used to take the piss out of teams who had singing sections. But maybe it’s for the best?

Ha exactly. Would cringe at the idea but it's  probably going to be the only way

Offline Teapot Bob

• Kemlynite
« Reply #13057 on: October 2, 2022, 01:07:25 pm »
There was a plan announced by some fans recently, I think, to try and get a singing section in the Annie established.

Need to be more singing sections really, dotted around the ground, where like-minded groups of friends can stand together. This could be tied in with safe-standing. Sections of safe-standing, at intervals throughout the four stands. You buy a ticket for the section but not for a particular spot. Instead you stand with your friends, one to a spot, first come basis. Only specified section ticket holders allowed into each section so no chance of exceeding capacity.

Call them singing sections; aimed at a mix of STH and non-STH who want to sing and contribute to atmosphere. Exhort those who choose a ST there or buy a ticket, to sing and make noise throught. Get sections to compete for pride and honours.

It'd mean shifting some people form their current seats maybe but something like this needs to happen to prevent things getting ever more morbund.

The problem is not non-STH,. however much people want to believe that. The problem is the lack of, for want of a better term 'terrace culture'. There were always loads of people who sat silently but the terrace culture of the day made up for that. Now it's largely missing and as someone else said 306 is a drop in the ocean,. increasingly so as capacity increases.

There might also be an acoustics issue which I'll leave for another post

These seem like great ideas to me. Different areas making noise is how its going to happen.  When you say 'dotted around the ground', how many do you envisage?

Completely agree about your point on terrace culture too. It's been lost and those who want to make the noise are too spread out or in the case of 306 - too small an area and not well positioned.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #13058 on: October 2, 2022, 01:55:32 pm »

These seem like great ideas to me. Different areas making noise is how its going to happen.  When you say 'dotted around the ground', how many do you envisage?
That's up for discussion but perhaps one big one on the Kop and then several each in the other stands, maybe one per tier.

Part of the problem with having just one Singing Section is that it can seem like an admission of defeat. Effectively saying 'we're shoving the few vocal fans we have into one spot in the hope of amplifying what noise they make'. It can also, conversely, make the rest of the ground stay quiet because they feel that it's not their job to sing - that's the Singing Section's job. Some might even feel they are overstepping the mark, committing a faux-pas, by singing if they're not in the correct section.

But having multiple sections around the ground makes each one seem less like the naughty step for overloud scallies and more like a focal point and driving force for each stand/tier; a point where noise and songs might start so as to co-ordinate that stand/tier's output, so everyone can be in unison and not half a verse behind because it's taken time to realise that a song has started in 306 or wherever.

Then, hopefully, people in each stand will feel competetive and try to outdo the other stands, honour at stake; maybe even have back-and-forth, call-and-response engagement between stands. There are lots of possibilities if we can get the culture going again.

Not everybody feels confident enough to lead the singing; to start a song off. We all have experiences where maybe we, or some fella, starts to sing a song loudly and no-one joins in and you feel a bit if a tit. This way there'll be 'leaders' for each stand and tier, made of of groups of friends, a lot of younger, brash, vocal, devil-may-care types, who can set the tone and tempo for that part of the ground.

Completely agree about your point on terrace culture too. It's been lost and those who want to make the noise are too spread out or in the case of 306 - too small an area and not well positioned.
Yes, and there's an acoustics issue as well where not all parts of the ground can hear what's emanating from other parts. Where I sit in the Main, for example, I can hear a good rendition of PST, say, from the Kop, but later my mate in the Annie will insist that PST was never sung all match long. It just never reached them.

After the Bournemouth game I was linked to a match Vlog that some of the Cherries fans did; some of you might have seen it. They were good lads and hugely complimentary about everything to do with Liverpool, the city, the club, the people and their experiences - except that they genuinely insisted that they heard no songs coming from our fans. They weren't being snide or coming out with any 'where's yer famous atmosphere' crap; they seemed genuinely disappointed because that, and the score, of course, were the only downsides to an otherwise excellent away experience.

But I was at that match and while the atmosphere wasn't scintillating, there was a fair bit of singing; we went through all the usual songs. Yet the away fans heard nothing? Once again these lads weren't being triumphantly snide about our atmosphere. They seemed genuinely gutted that they heard very little. So there seems to be a real issue with sound reaching parts of the ground.

I'd not really thought about this before despite years of attending. Could the structure of the new Main and the new Annie be having a negative effect on the acoustics? I know little about such things.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #13059 on: October 2, 2022, 02:05:56 pm »
1 year ban needed for people with a cardboard sign begging for a shirt, especially during the warm ups when they don't even have the shirt on yet

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #13060 on: October 2, 2022, 02:14:55 pm »
It's a tough one. I've always felt like the crowd feed off the players. I don't think it should be up to the crowd to get professional football players to put 100% effort in. When the team works hard and plays well, the crowd will always reciprocate with noise. We were fucking dreadful yesterday in the opening 15 minutes and it's hard as a fan to get excited and not extremely frustrated. And anyway, rain or shine, the game will always start with a rousing rendition on YNWA, so that should be the springboard for the players to keep the cycle going.

Certainly, no excuse for leaving seats though. One fan near me left after the second goal and never came back! A whole raft of fans also thought it was a good time to get up and go for a piss or a Bovril. I was genuinely confused. Loads fucked off at 86 minutes, which at 3-3 is pretty unforgivable.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Simpleton with a Repressed Replica Top Fetish.
  • Kopite
« Reply #13061 on: October 2, 2022, 02:20:01 pm »
1 year ban needed for people with a cardboard sign begging for a shirt, especially during the warm ups when they don't even have the shirt on yet
Lifetime ban more like… along with a ban for adults dressed head to toe in replica merchandise who look like they’ve never been a match in their life! These are the people ruining everything
« Last Edit: October 2, 2022, 02:23:28 pm by Sooty89!!! »

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13062 on: October 2, 2022, 05:11:21 pm »

Problem is keeping the powertripping/ego boosting that goes on with the cheer leading supporters groups,defo prevelent in the States with their militia styled names and sing for 90 minutes stuff.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #13063 on: October 2, 2022, 05:56:48 pm »
Haven’t been for a few years but even then this issue at all grounds was evident and my feeling is this is all overthinking it.  The problem everywhere is the age of the crowd - get young fans in and the atmosphere will take care of itself.  The trouble is that that would mean foregoing revenue - cancelling STs and cutting down on prices, daytrippers and corporates - so there’s no way it’ll happen by choice.  Instead they’ll compensate by clever mic’ing on TV and it’ll only be matchgoers who are aware of it.

It’s killing the sport slowly though, you can feel it - the EPL is not cool in any way anymore (except, begrudgingly, that Haaland is fucking amazing) and once you’ve attuned to that, it becomes hard to care about the show at all.  But they can probably squeeze a lot of mileage out of it yet before most people notice.

Offline Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #13064 on: October 2, 2022, 06:03:13 pm »
Kop season ticket holder for 30 years now. The atmosphere has declined season on season. When we need to, we rise like a phoenix from the ashes for a big European game or significant league game. Unfortunately there are far too many who sit around me who either moan, leave early or sit in complete silence expecting to be entertained.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13065 on: October 2, 2022, 06:17:44 pm »
Kop season ticket holder for 30 years now. The atmosphere has declined season on season. When we need to, we rise like a phoenix from the ashes for a big European game or significant league game. Unfortunately there are far too many who sit around me who either moan, leave early or sit in complete silence expecting to be entertained.

There’s too many parts of the ground where if you start singing or making noise you get funny looks. Should never be like that. 

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13066 on: October 2, 2022, 06:47:48 pm »
We do need an "ultras" (for want of a better word) section now, like Rangers and Celtic have (Union Bears/Green Brigade)

Arsenal have also done it now in the Clock End

I know we have 306 but it's not big enough and too far back, think something in the AR is a good idea

The lower annie at the moment is rammed full of hospitality day trippers... embarrassing how it's a rail seating area and everyone is sat down

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13067 on: October 2, 2022, 07:25:55 pm »
We do need an "ultras" (for want of a better word) section now, like Rangers and Celtic have (Union Bears/Green Brigade)

I know we have 306 but it's not big enough and too far back, think something in the AR is a good idea

The lower annie at the moment is rammed full of hospitality day trippers... embarrassing how it's a rail seating area and everyone is sat down

New anfield road upper tier would be perfect and it would give the kop something to bounce off, someone should put this to the club.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #13068 on: October 2, 2022, 07:48:35 pm »
New anfield road upper tier would be perfect and it would give the kop something to bounce off, someone should put this to the club.

Hasn’t something already been started via Twitter?

No hospitality allowed in that section, please. Defo no transfer of tickets either. Not exactly an “ultra” if you’re passing on your tickets

Keep this soft lad from selling tickets at that end https://twitter.com/redticketmenire/status/1576522680362074115?s=46&t=L0_Ju_wBIpVXi_5kgVWTHw

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13069 on: October 2, 2022, 07:58:49 pm »

No hospitality allowed in that section, please. Defo no transfer of tickets either. Not exactly an “ultra” if you’re passing on your tickets

Keep this soft lad from selling tickets at that end https://twitter.com/redticketmenire/status/1576522680362074115?s=46&t=L0_Ju_wBIpVXi_5kgVWTHw

Be superb if we could get it to happen

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13070 on: October 2, 2022, 08:18:38 pm »

Go back to 1978 with The Road End. Ram the south side full of 14-21yr olds like it was in the days of old.  Different generation but we really need 3000 up and at it young Scousers next to the away fans.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Bembo10

• Kemlynite
« Reply #13071 on: October 2, 2022, 08:36:07 pm »
Go back to 1978 with The Road End. Ram the south side full of 14-21yr olds like it was in the days of old.  Different generation but we really need 3000 up and at it young Scousers next to the away fans.

Definitely. About time those boring pricks with the same “funny chants” get something back

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #13072 on: October 2, 2022, 09:07:05 pm »
I'd love to see that. The away section at Anfield get such an easy ride these days.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13073 on: October 2, 2022, 09:31:32 pm »

I'd love it if we could somehow stop this f'ing QR sharing.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #13074 on: October 3, 2022, 07:46:21 am »
Ban phones

At the ground I mean

My 5G and 4G still doesn’t work there ;D

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #13075 on: October 3, 2022, 08:23:15 am »
You could go back a good few years and correlate a graph showing an increase in posts on this thread any time the performances of the team are poor. When we’re winning we’re great, when we aren’t everyone is fed up of the place. I’ve been passionate about this for years and followed this thread and it’s been done to death of the whats whys and who’s. We all know the answer. A regular, young, local core with affordable accessibility. But it’s not in the clubs interests. So that’s that. Adding seats won’t do a thing. Will just be more middle aged men from who knows where filming shit on their phones.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #13076 on: October 3, 2022, 08:53:00 am »
Will just be more middle aged men from who knows where filming shit on their phones.
Now there’s a way of putting it.  Might be different further down the pyramid, but that’s what this league is now.  Kind of amazed any kids are into football sometimes, if this is what it was like back in the day there’s no way we’d all have got hooked on it.  Makes me wonder what the average age on rawk is, actually.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #13077 on: October 3, 2022, 10:22:53 am »
Now there’s a way of putting it.  Might be different further down the pyramid, but that’s what this league is now.  Kind of amazed any kids are into football sometimes, if this is what it was like back in the day there’s no way we’d all have got hooked on it.  Makes me wonder what the average age on rawk is, actually.

Mainly middle aged men from who knows where writing shit on their phones

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #13078 on: October 3, 2022, 10:49:50 am »

Was in there on Saturday since they've installed those railings in. Used to be my favourite part of the ground, but you're right. Got told to sit down for calling the lino a c*nt for missing a blatant handball. All the while the same dickhead was getting a free pass by all those around him for incessantly slagging off Trent. Giving the opposition and ref hell and fury seems to be forbidden these days, but it's fair game to shout down your own. Honestly can't be arsed with it anymore.   

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13079 on: October 3, 2022, 10:52:54 am »
Mainly middle aged men from who knows where writing shit on their phones

How fucking dare you…describe me so accurately.