Author Topic: Better Call Saul  (Read 185561 times)

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Better Call Saul
« Reply #1920 on: August 2, 2022, 10:31:08 pm »
Spoiler
Marion is a good call. That would still tie in with the cancer guy as she heard them in the garage discussing him, so she may have called the cops. Carole Burnett (89 years old btw!) is a legend, so it wouldn’t be surprising for her to have a major impact. She’s also been shown to be a money grabber and fiercely independent in the supermarket scenes (Marion not Carole), so the chance of a reward may have alerted her senses.

BTW Spoiler within spoiler:

Spoiler
Rhea Seehorn met with Carole Burnett re BCS, so that may be a clue to whether Kim appears again.
[close]
[close]

Spoiler
Marion ratting him out would tie in with them making a big deal about her having a laptop, and Saul being the one to show her how to use it.
[close]
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1921 on: August 2, 2022, 10:47:22 pm »
I’ve enjoyed the slowness of the past two episodes. And the cinematography is superb - so many gorgeous, telling shots.

Offline JayH93

• Legacy Fan
  • ANLACKY
« Reply #1922 on: August 2, 2022, 11:45:26 pm »
Spoiler
The part where Walt and Jesse were introduced from the S2 scene in BB, and Saul is pleading 'It was Ignacio'... I completely forgot that was the line from BB.

My head nearly fell off. Brilliant.
[close]

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1923 on: August 3, 2022, 12:35:13 am »
Spoiler
The part where Walt and Jesse were introduced from the S2 scene in BB, and Saul is pleading 'It was Ignacio'... I completely forgot that was the line from BB.

My head nearly fell off. Brilliant.
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah, they dealt with that brilliantly, even reversing the episode names. “Ignacio” was just a name for the scene back then, and they subsequently created a complex character who turned out to be one of the few heroes in the whole story.
He sacrificed his life for his Dad even know he knew his Dad would still be disappointed with him, even more so, because - ironically- his Dad is the same as him and he would have rather died and seen proper justice than Nacho dying to save his life. There’s beauty and sadness in that story. [\spoiler]
[close]
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1924 on: August 3, 2022, 12:44:03 am »
Spoiler
Marion ratting him out would tie in with them making a big deal about her having a laptop, and Saul being the one to show her how to use it.
[close]

Spoiler
She’ll do a google search for “wanted criminal Alberquerque” (that line about how simple it was to find funny cat videos may be prophetic) and his photo will appear. She even mentioned they moved to keep her son away from a “bad crowd in Alberquerque”.

There’s no way Carole Burnett is in this for a cameo at 89.
[close]

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #1925 on: August 3, 2022, 01:31:20 am »
Spoiler
Good episode but was disappointed  with the Walt/Jesse scene, like someone said, it felt like a deleted scene from Breaking bad

That being said, Cranston slipping seamlessly back into his early Walter White character was amazing, what an actor he is.
[close]
« Last Edit: August 3, 2022, 01:46:50 am by stevieG786 »

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1926 on: August 3, 2022, 08:39:22 am »
Spoiler
I don't think that's the last we've seen of Walt or Jesse, but what else could they really have done with them? Was always going to be glorified cameos, and the purpose of the BB set stuff was to do two things IMO - show that Saul is genuinely haunted by Lalo, and that Saul has no-one to blame but himself for going down that path with them. He was warned, and did it anyway.

I mean I'd have loved a full episode with Walt and Jesse, but I think that just becomes fan service. I expected a lot more BB-era stuff, but I'm impressed they resisted the temptation. That story has been told, and the focus is all on Gene - which is great as that's the one area of the show where we don't know the outcome, so the tension is going to ratchet up and up.

But definitely don't think we're done seeing little snippets from BB. Next week, for example, could well be Saul trying to connect Walt with Gus. I'm sure they'll want to do one more scene with Gus, probably showing the completed superlab. And then I think next week probably ends with Gene fully embracing Saul, maybe after being caught - at which point presumably the black and white turns to colour. 
[close]

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1927 on: August 3, 2022, 09:37:08 am »
Spoiler
YO BITCH!
[close]

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1928 on: August 3, 2022, 10:02:13 am »

Spoiler
I really enjoyed it. And as with many eps have enjoyed hitting up this thread the day after. Aaron Paul wasn't exactly believable as early jessie at the age of 42 - even his voice is completely different - but there's not a lot they could have done about that so I was happy enough to just ride with it. I completely agree with those that have said the path now is.....Saul gets rumbled because he's once again messed with the man with cancer against the advice of others, he gets ratted out by the old girl, and he's back in AQ facing justice of some form, likely defended by Bill Oakley. Kim definitely gets one more look in. Probably at court. I think we do see a little more of Jessie and Walt though, and most likely how the connection to Fring is set up. I wonder if one of the remaining eps might take the Ozymandias moniker....Saul becoming the destroyer of his own world. 
[close]
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1929 on: August 3, 2022, 11:30:31 pm »
Couldn't resist any longer and caught up from ep 3 to 11 this week.

Spoiler
The change in pace over last two episodeswas probably needed, everything leading upto Lalo's demise was breathtakingstuff. Will miss him as a character, was a very good villain.

I wanna see "Gene" able to dip his toe into the criminal world without getting fully drawn in...but seems he's spiralling downwards again. Interested to see how they end this subplot, agree with posts above that he could be ratted out. Possibly even after pulling out of the latest job we left him at...

[close]

Will be sad when this show ends but will immediately watch BB again for sure. Still have only watched it through once to this day and that's when it first aired so have forgotten enough!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1930 on: August 4, 2022, 09:07:22 am »
Couldn't resist any longer and caught up from ep 3 to 11 this week.

Spoiler
The change in pace over last two episodeswas probably needed, everything leading upto Lalo's demise was breathtakingstuff. Will miss him as a character, was a very good villain.

I wanna see "Gene" able to dip his toe into the criminal world without getting fully drawn in...but seems he's spiralling downwards again. Interested to see how they end this subplot, agree with posts above that he could be ratted out. Possibly even after pulling out of the latest job we left him at...

[close]

Will be sad when this show ends but will immediately watch BB again for sure. Still have only watched it through once to this day and that's when it first aired so have forgotten enough!

Holds up so well having done a recent rewatch. Cranston is absolutely unreal in it - for me, BCS may be the better show but Cranston’s performance is just on another level.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2022, 09:10:44 am by Barefoot Doctor »

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1931 on: August 4, 2022, 10:38:17 am »
Chuck was right.

I also rewatched the Breaking Bad episode named Better Call Saul. Couple of things I picked up that I forgot, Saul mentions his real name is McGill. Walt also would much rather just have Badger killed, Jesse is the one who insists that doesn’t happen.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #1932 on: August 4, 2022, 11:47:58 am »
Holds up so well having done a recent rewatch. Cranston is absolutely unreal in it - for me, BCS may be the better show but Cranston’s performance is just on another level.

honestly can't wait to binge rewatch Breaking bad once BCS finishes

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1933 on: August 4, 2022, 01:43:59 pm »
Chuck was right.

I also rewatched the Breaking Bad episode named Better Call Saul. Couple of things I picked up that I forgot, Saul mentions his real name is McGill. Walt also would much rather just have Badger killed, Jesse is the one who insists that doesn’t happen.

I just did the same - highly recommended.
Spoiler
I think that might be all we see of Walter and jesse. We know that Badger was when Saul meets the two of them and the final shot of Saul walking into the school in this episode is when Saul becomes Walter's lawyer in Breaking Bad. That feels like the close out of that story - everything else to do with Walt & Jesse is in Breaking Bad.

Whatever happens in the last two episodes I don't think it's going to end happily ever after for Gene. The jeopardy for him is going to come from the aborted scam, that's obvious, but exactly how and by who is going to be interesting to find out.
[close]

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1934 on: August 4, 2022, 04:50:16 pm »
So this episode confirms that

Spoiler
Jesse got caught by the police then? Would be great to see Saul and Jesse locked in a cell together then :)
[close]
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1935 on: August 4, 2022, 04:55:25 pm »
So this episode confirms that

Spoiler
Jesse got caught by the police then? Would be great to see Saul and Jesse locked in a cell together then :)
[close]

Spoiler
Where did you get that from? Francesca said they found his car at the border, which was set up in El Camino so that he could escape to Alaska. So if anything, it confirms that his plan worked at that he's free
[close]
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1936 on: August 4, 2022, 05:17:49 pm »
Spoiler
Where did you get that from? Francesca said they found his car at the border, which was set up in El Camino so that he could escape to Alaska. So if anything, it confirms that his plan worked at that he's free
[close]

Spoiler
ah right, I probably misheard! It's been a while since I watched El Camino.

I think 'Gene' has been set up and something terrible is going to happen in the house once he goes in.

[close]
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1937 on: August 4, 2022, 09:44:34 pm »
The last few episodes have more or less vindicated my very early opinion of Jimmy as being an odious character. He really is poison. His brother knew it, and so did Howard. It took Kim a while, but she came to the same conclusion. He's gone full circle now and went back into "Slippin' Jimmy" mode now that his alter ego is no more.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1938 on: August 4, 2022, 10:41:50 pm »
Braving this thread having just seen the first episode back of the second half of this final season. It was a bad (in relative terms) episode for me, albeit the first in several seasons (in their defence). So plagued with unrealistic plotholes, which I can't ever remember happening before. Felt I had to vent (or find out that I just got it wrong). Episode 8 spoilers ahead:
Spoiler
Aside from there being no tension at all in the episode - partly an occupational hazard, given it's a prequel, but partly because it was so telegraphed and shoehorned in. Something that could never previously be said really, even by fierce critics, I don't think.

-How'd Mike not establish that sending Kim to try to assassinate Gus on his fake doorstep was a diversionary tactic?
-How'd Mike, and his colleagues who had been keeping tabs on their flat, not notice that Jimmy's car wasn't there?
-Why'd Gus, who was evidently worried for his life previously - and sufficiently spooked to adhere to his locked down routine for weeks (maybe months) - opt to wander out in the open with just a few guys on the eve of the return of his potential assassin?
-Why did Gus, on learning that Lalo wasn't arsed whether Kim or Jimmy went, not tell his team - regardless of the silliness with his own safety, he could have saved the lives of almost his entire protection team (say if he'd set a trap/left a booby trap at Jimmy's flat), which were at risk once it was established Lalo's objective with Kim was to distract or send on a wild goose chase?
Why'd they bury Lalo and Howard together and alongside each other - and make Mike appear emotionally invested in Howard's death - in the dug out lab room. And why'd the four guys who'd died from gunshot wounds not get buried twenty metres downstairs, along with them?

This TV series is incredible, and so is this final season. But even with all that credit in the bank I just can't find a way to understand any of those things. So many times they've stuck the landing, when it didn't seem possible with all the plates spinning (sorry for mixing my metaphors). This one really belly flopped for me.

Gonna miss that handsome bastard Lalo - hope the final episodes can maintain the heights they've reached in the episodes since his introduction.

Ideally by the time I've watched episode 9, hopefully tomorrow, I'll be reassured that this is merely a blip episode on a run of however many dozen great ones in a row.
[\spoiler]
[close]

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1939 on: August 5, 2022, 04:33:58 am »
Spoiler
Yeah, I thought the diversionary tactic was so obvious that I missed Gus working it out on the call (one of my previous posts). I thought he was wondering how Jimmy/Saul could be useful. 

It was just a device to imply Lalo and Gus were one step ahead of anyone else. In reality, Mike would definitely have known Immediately, if they were being consistent.

It’s such an incredible show, I’m willing to ignore plot-holes for the sake of narrative.

BB is also full of them if you try to rationalise. 

[close]

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1940 on: August 5, 2022, 06:20:50 am »
Braving this thread having just seen the first episode back of the second half of this final season. It was a bad (in relative terms) episode for me, albeit the first in several seasons (in their defence). So plagued with unrealistic plotholes, which I can't ever remember happening before. Felt I had to vent (or find out that I just got it wrong). Episode 8 spoilers ahead:
Spoiler
Aside from there being no tension at all in the episode - partly an occupational hazard, given it's a prequel, but partly because it was so telegraphed and shoehorned in. Something that could never previously be said really, even by fierce critics, I don't think.

-How'd Mike not establish that sending Kim to try to assassinate Gus on his fake doorstep was a diversionary tactic?
-How'd Mike, and his colleagues who had been keeping tabs on their flat, not notice that Jimmy's car wasn't there?
-Why'd Gus, who was evidently worried for his life previously - and sufficiently spooked to adhere to his locked down routine for weeks (maybe months) - opt to wander out in the open with just a few guys on the eve of the return of his potential assassin?
-Why did Gus, on learning that Lalo wasn't arsed whether Kim or Jimmy went, not tell his team - regardless of the silliness with his own safety, he could have saved the lives of almost his entire protection team (say if he'd set a trap/left a booby trap at Jimmy's flat), which were at risk once it was established Lalo's objective with Kim was to distract or send on a wild goose chase?
Why'd they bury Lalo and Howard together and alongside each other - and make Mike appear emotionally invested in Howard's death - in the dug out lab room. And why'd the four guys who'd died from gunshot wounds not get buried twenty metres downstairs, along with them?

This TV series is incredible, and so is this final season. But even with all that credit in the bank I just can't find a way to understand any of those things. So many times they've stuck the landing, when it didn't seem possible with all the plates spinning (sorry for mixing my metaphors). This one really belly flopped for me.

Gonna miss that handsome bastard Lalo - hope the final episodes can maintain the heights they've reached in the episodes since his introduction.

Ideally by the time I've watched episode 9, hopefully tomorrow, I'll be reassured that this is merely a blip episode on a run of however many dozen great ones in a row.
[\spoiler]

[close]
Spoiler
Gus going after Lalo with minimal backup is in line with his burning hatred of the Salamancas. And burying Lalo and Howard under the super lab is because their bodies both have to disappear completely. As for people making bad choices - that’s the series mate. Every character in it makes decisions that are obviously going to turn out badly.
[close]
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1941 on: August 5, 2022, 09:05:13 am »
Spoiler

[\spoiler]
[close]
Spoiler
Agree with some of your points, especially around Mike being tricked, but I think this one was dealt with previously. Because of the threat on Gus, there was a conversation about pulling people away from low-risk/value targets to increase the protection around the main guys.
[close]

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1942 on: August 5, 2022, 09:08:37 am »
Spoiler
Gus going after Lalo with minimal backup is in line with his burning hatred of the Salamancas. And burying Lalo and Howard under the super lab is because their bodies both have to disappear completely. As for people making bad choices - that’s the series mate. Every character in it makes decisions that are obviously going to turn out badly.
[close]
Spoiler
Even despite the way they've shown Gus to be so meticulous over every small detail, I did find that part of the series of implausible events just about believable. Although those guys guarding him, and those remaining at the house with Kim, not contacting Mike to explain Gus had left (and where they were going) was beyond unrealistic.

But Mike uprooting everyone bar a handful of people to go chase Lalo at a small flat in an open residential area (even though the car was gone), based purely on the word of a conwoman and no additional thought was odd. It couldn't have been more obviously an attempt to draw them out of their secure locations and yet Mike jumped without thought and needed to hear Lalo was gone to have an inkling.

Equally odd was the one person left to monitor the laundry site cameras being uprooted, solely for the critically important task of locking a gate chain. Leading to him missing the high security highest priority site (beyond Gus's house) being infiltrated by a walk-in.

Is the plan for the bodies of the four bullet-ridden guys on Gus's security detail to be placed somewhere else? What are they going to tell the families and any authorities about that? 'What were their jobs - security guards for laundry/construction - ok thanks, nothing too attention drawing.' Surely their bodies will be disappeared too?

Just feels a bit like the writer's post-it notes on the back of a picture frame must have got shuffled accidentally building up to this episode after the break
[close]
Spoiler
Agree with some of your points, especially around Mike being tricked, but I think this one was dealt with previously. Because of the threat on Gus, there was a conversation about pulling people away from low-risk/value targets to increase the protection around the main guys.
[close]
Spoiler
Agreed mate, this is definitely spot on. I agree noone would have had sight of Lalo arriving/leaving - I just meant that the people who'd been doing the surveillance (plus Mike) probably should have spotted that Jimmy's car was missing from the car park of a about 10-15 cars - especially as they'd taken their time setting up their stall
[close]
« Last Edit: August 5, 2022, 09:14:40 am by Classycara »

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1943 on: August 5, 2022, 11:15:42 am »
Spoiler
Even despite the way they've shown Gus to be so meticulous over every small detail, I did find that part of the series of implausible events just about believable. Although those guys guarding him, and those remaining at the house with Kim, not contacting Mike to explain Gus had left (and where they were going) was beyond unrealistic.

But Mike uprooting everyone bar a handful of people to go chase Lalo at a small flat in an open residential area (even though the car was gone), based purely on the word of a conwoman and no additional thought was odd. It couldn't have been more obviously an attempt to draw them out of their secure locations and yet Mike jumped without thought and needed to hear Lalo was gone to have an inkling.

Equally odd was the one person left to monitor the laundry site cameras being uprooted, solely for the critically important task of locking a gate chain. Leading to him missing the high security highest priority site (beyond Gus's house) being infiltrated by a walk-in.

Is the plan for the bodies of the four bullet-ridden guys on Gus's security detail to be placed somewhere else? What are they going to tell the families and any authorities about that? 'What were their jobs - security guards for laundry/construction - ok thanks, nothing too attention drawing.' Surely their bodies will be disappeared too?

Just feels a bit like the writer's post-it notes on the back of a picture frame must have got shuffled accidentally building up to this episode after the break
[close]
Spoiler
Agreed mate, this is definitely spot on. I agree noone would have had sight of Lalo arriving/leaving - I just meant that the people who'd been doing the surveillance (plus Mike) probably should have spotted that Jimmy's car was missing from the car park of a about 10-15 cars - especially as they'd taken their time setting up their stall
[close]

Spoiler
Your question about Gus's guards and their families answers itself. You disappear your enemies but letting the families bury their dead. I'm sure dealing with the authorities in relation to gangland murders is pretty standard fare. No one saw it go down officer - no witnesses, just a dead body and no one to blame. The police wouldn't waste too much time over a few low-level gang members.

Lalo - completely different. Salamanca family member and a body means he's definitely dead rather than just missing.

Howard - again, completely different. Respected lawyer - his murder would stir up a hornet's nest and point towards Jimmy and Kim. The police would leave no stone unturned in that case.
[close]
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1944 on: August 5, 2022, 11:25:01 am »
Spoiler
Your question about Gus's guards and their families answers itself. You disappear your enemies but letting the families bury their dead. I'm sure dealing with the authorities in relation to gangland murders is pretty standard fare. No one saw it go down officer - no witnesses, just a dead body and no one to blame. The police wouldn't waste too much time over a few low-level gang members.

Lalo - completely different. Salamanca family member and a body means he's definitely dead rather than just missing.

Howard - again, completely different. Respected lawyer - his murder would stir up a hornet's nest and point towards Jimmy and Kim. The police would leave no stone unturned in that case.
[close]
Spoiler
Obviously completely agree about Lalo and Howard (as a citizen). I don't see that the standard fare gangland murders thing holds up though. Gus is a respected businessman and pillar of the community. He's not known to be in a gang.

Numerous men in his employ being killed (anywhere) would be bad enough, but even worse on a crucial site he's trying to draw no attention to. Just look at how they dealt with the german workers who knew of the site.

Find it hard to imagine that the people Mike's employed in the team are two bit gangsters, whose families would not be shocked to learn were murdered. Maybe this is a false dichotomy, but for me it's either they're in jobs where it would not shock anyone if they were killed or they were in laundered fake jobs for a pillar of the community (as at least one of Mike's men was referenced, in a Pollos Hermanos place) where their deaths would be shocking. Either way, I can't see how releasing their bodies to families etc (instead of adding to the perfectly set up available grave metres away) is acceptable to Gus at all.
[close]

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1945 on: August 5, 2022, 01:10:42 pm »
Spoiler
Obviously completely agree about Lalo and Howard (as a citizen). I don't see that the standard fare gangland murders thing holds up though. Gus is a respected businessman and pillar of the community. He's not known to be in a gang.

Numerous men in his employ being killed (anywhere) would be bad enough, but even worse on a crucial site he's trying to draw no attention to. Just look at how they dealt with the german workers who knew of the site.

Find it hard to imagine that the people Mike's employed in the team are two bit gangsters, whose families would not be shocked to learn were murdered. Maybe this is a false dichotomy, but for me it's either they're in jobs where it would not shock anyone if they were killed or they were in laundered fake jobs for a pillar of the community (as at least one of Mike's men was referenced, in a Pollos Hermanos place) where their deaths would be shocking. Either way, I can't see how releasing their bodies to families etc (instead of adding to the perfectly set up available grave metres away) is acceptable to Gus at all.
[close]

Spoiler
See Mike's conversation with Lydia when she suggests killing some of his guys who may be tempted to rat. He replied that they were solid, with plenty of prior checking to see if they were suitable, and that arrest and everything else was seen as part of what they'd signed up to. I'd imagine that the same would go for Gus's bodyguards.
[close]
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1946 on: August 5, 2022, 02:30:44 pm »
Spoiler

What I like about Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul is that the characters come across as real.

They make mistakes, they revisit stuff they shouldn't, they show public confidence and private fear - that scene where Gus is trying to be a normal person in public and enjoying the wine and then his near death at the hands of Lalo and then again his near death at the hands of his boss and his demotion all came to him and he had to leave.

Most series show most characters as one dimensional and in a way that their every action is rational and understandable, but in these, they never are. The number of people that honestly fucked up over both series is amazing and the results are never predictable. That's why it's such compulsive viewing.

[close]
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1947 on: August 6, 2022, 04:56:17 pm »
I know it's been echoed on here, but I'll just reiterate, Jimmy and Kim's treatment of Howard was over the top. The guy apologised and tried to make things right, but still got shat upon. I would've loved it if they at least cleared his name, his reputation at least needs redemption.

Jimmy I can understand, he showed he at least had a conscious before his full Saul transformation, but I'm still hoping Kim can get her comeuppance, however with only a couple of episodes left, I doubt it very much.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2022, 04:58:18 pm by Machae »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1948 on: August 6, 2022, 05:41:54 pm »
I know it's been echoed on here, but I'll just reiterate, Jimmy and Kim's treatment of Howard was over the top. The guy apologised and tried to make things right, but still got shat upon. I would've loved it if they at least cleared his name, his reputation at least needs redemption.

Jimmy I can understand, he showed he at least had a conscious before his full Saul transformation, but I'm still hoping Kim can get her comeuppance, however with only a couple of episodes left, I doubt it very much.

Hurricane hits Titusville?  :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1949 on: August 7, 2022, 07:05:24 pm »
Stuart from Big Bang Theory has aged alot ;D

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1950 on: August 8, 2022, 07:56:59 pm »
I’ve been rewatching from the beginning and Chuck talks about Carole Burnett in an early episode.  Haha.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1951 on: August 8, 2022, 08:17:55 pm »

A rare opinion everything else is likely pulling FOR Kim and even Jimmy though I doubt both will be happy

This show like the real universe has a dark gravitational pull on matters

Happy endings don't happen really

Somewhere over a rainbow?

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1952 on: August 8, 2022, 10:48:34 pm »
This show is so well written. If you rewatch, you’ll notice so many little lines and moments that are linked to future (or past) events.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1953 on: August 8, 2022, 11:34:20 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

You’re thinking too much. They’re nothing like any organised crime gang/syndicate in real life, so any rational explanation is moot as there’s so many leaps made to move along the narrative in the BB universe.

Tuco is a cartoon character snorting grams of meth.

Walter makes Professional lab level crystals in a dirty RV.

Nacho and Mike can bypass alarm systems like they’re ghosts but they work as runners/lackies for two-bit gangsters.

So the death of secondary characters is unimportant. It’s slapstick rather than gritty or realistic.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1954 on: August 8, 2022, 11:41:44 pm »
Jimmy is such an arsehole I love him.

I’m just rewatching and the scene where he goes into ask about his malpractice insurance (and fake cries) as a ruse to let them know Chuck is mentally ill is so so evil... it’s the smile afterwards. I’m not sure why anyone thinks of him descending after Kim. She just held him back a bit. He was always Saul.

Also, those scenes where Saul/Gene is using that chi machine. That’s definitely a consequence of the time he intentionally slipped on a drumstick in S3.

Rewatching the show, you realise just how far he’d go even for a few bucks. It’s just that Saul went big...
« Last Edit: August 9, 2022, 12:09:18 am by Peabee »

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1955 on: August 9, 2022, 12:12:29 am »
A rare opinion everything else is likely pulling FOR Kim and even Jimmy though I doubt both will be happy

This show like the real universe has a dark gravitational pull on matters

Happy endings don't happen really

Somewhere over a rainbow?

I like Jimmy, never warmed to Kim, but that's probably why it works and theres an appeal to her. They were both bad for each other, but where he genuinely cared for her, she manipulated him

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1956 on: August 9, 2022, 12:17:09 am »
Spoiler
wouldve preferred Lallo to stick around one more episode, where him and Gus have that gun fight and him fleeing with the incriminating video evidence, wouldve set the tension racing. Not much into the Gene storyline personally, especially coming so soon of the preceeding high octane storyline
[close]

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #1957 on: August 9, 2022, 01:09:25 am »
I like Jimmy, never warmed to Kim, but that's probably why it works and theres an appeal to her. They were both bad for each other, but where he genuinely cared for her, she manipulated him

Nah. That’s a really horrible take, in fact.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1958 on: August 9, 2022, 01:26:12 am »
Nah. That’s a really horrible take, in fact.

Manipulated probably too strong a word, but she knew of his feelings for Howard and his resentment towards Chuck, but where Jimmy wanted to let it lie, Kim wasnt. He felt obligated to follow it through, a few scenes made it obvious
« Last Edit: August 9, 2022, 01:30:18 am by Machae »

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1959 on: August 9, 2022, 01:31:26 am »
Jimmy wasn't keen on the continued harassment of Howard, you could tell that he wanted to let it lie. He felt obligated to follow it through, a few scenes made it obvious

He dyed his hair, wore fake tan and stole Howard’s car. Yeah he really wanted to let it lie.