Author Topic: Ferguson retiring. Moyes gets 6 year deal.  (Read 420509 times)

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ferguson considering retirement.
« Reply #160 on: May 7, 2013, 11:01:58 pm »
Having an argument with my friend and he actually thinks Moyes would be good enough for Man united and first season can sign anyone he wants and win the league!  ;D ;D

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #161 on: May 7, 2013, 11:02:17 pm »
Pretty sure Latvian Champions didn't really feature in it so that's a little disingenuous. Moreover, the standard of football across Europe was far more even and less centralised in big economies and within those big economic countries, less centralised in a few power-brokering teams. So in fact, the European Cup back then was a far more even ground for competition, at a different time in football, with less money in it, less technology, less travel and so on. It's pretty pointless to compare all in all. About the most sensible thing you can say is that it is difficult to win that trophy at any stage*, and anyone who has won two, no matter how long it took them to win them, did pretty well.

*Except for Madrid's first five, which were obviously a complete shit-show.
How many of those sides from "lesser" nations ended up winning it or even getting to the final? The major countries always held sway only the Champions League allows a greater spread of winners from those countries which makes it harder to win and nigh on impossible to go back to back. I agree though its an achievement whenever anyone won it.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: May 7, 2013, 11:03:00 pm »
It is a poisoned chalice. Look at Rafa, he went to Inter after they had just won the treble, there was no way he was going to do well even if that was only one of the reasons he didn't. This is like that x100.

Despite the debt, they're a very well run club. will have money to spend and they have a big filled with excellent players. Even a couple of surplus players that could generate fairly big fees like Nani or Young, Welbeck etc. They can pretty much choose any manager they want also, hope its not Klopp.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: May 7, 2013, 11:03:09 pm »
Pardew could do with a new challenge.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: May 7, 2013, 11:03:26 pm »
he will die before he retires. Just don't see him ever saying 'Thanks... I enjoyed that'.

He won't retire.

It's funny tho, how we all hope and pray that he does. He really has bloody mettled it hasn't he? Best manager of all time? Yeah.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #165 on: May 7, 2013, 11:03:55 pm »
Only messing with you i know what happened
:D I don't see a relegation happening but I do think it'll be a poisined chalice for whoever take's over from him.Especially with 24 hour new's cycle we have now,and all those phone in show's.Plus if whoever take's over isn't a success United's share price drop's and I can see the owner's getting rid,there'll be no more long term manager's,not this long anyway.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #166 on: May 7, 2013, 11:04:04 pm »
Can't be too long now til he's gone anyway. Hopefully Chelsea or City win the league for the next few years and then he'll be gone, can't see them getting close to any more European cups neither

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #167 on: May 7, 2013, 11:04:06 pm »
Pardew could do with a new challenge.

wonder how much it costs to get out of an 8-year contract? :)
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: May 7, 2013, 11:04:20 pm »
David Moyes to Man Utd please!

There are a lot of equal top qualified managers around to step up... Hodgson, Pardew, Allardyce.. maybe Hughes... they all would do  :)
« Last Edit: May 7, 2013, 11:06:10 pm by steveeastend »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: May 7, 2013, 11:04:27 pm »
@sportingintel: The Fergie situation got to be made clear soon. The NY Stock Exchange needs to be informed of a huge dev like retirement

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: May 7, 2013, 11:05:11 pm »
@sportingintel: The Fergie situation got to be made clear soon. The NY Stock Exchange needs to be informed of a huge dev like retirement

Closed for the day; any announcement to the NYSE would be made at the opening bell tomorrow.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #171 on: May 7, 2013, 11:05:20 pm »
All seems a bit too convenient that Dean Saunders was "sacked" today. Apparently he's been seen picking a new pair of shoes in the Trafford Centre...

And when asked about the United job he tipped a wink...he knows. Deep down, we all know.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: May 7, 2013, 11:06:12 pm »
All seems a bit too convenient that Dean Saunders was "sacked" today. Apparently he's been seen picking a new pair of shoes in the Trafford Centre...
Well I thought Kenny Jacket resigned from Millwall because he has heard some murmurs at Old Trafford about a vacancy.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline redy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: May 7, 2013, 11:06:59 pm »

And when asked about the United job he tipped a wink...he knows. Deep down, we all know.

Ha ha

Offline sisterbliss

• Legacy Fan
  • Out now The Goodison Persecution Complex
« Reply #174 on: May 7, 2013, 11:07:03 pm »
He always wanted Gazza at United.
Try to sit on the fence and you're quickly exposed as a fraud, hiding your true feelings but fooling no one.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #175 on: May 7, 2013, 11:07:28 pm »
Well I thought Kenny Jacket resigned from Millwall because he has heard some murmurs at Old Trafford about a vacancy.

that was a pretty low whoosh there mate!
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #176 on: May 7, 2013, 11:07:53 pm »
Tony Wilson wish you were here.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #177 on: May 7, 2013, 11:08:16 pm »
As I said in the wrong thread!...

That's the only reason why I could see it happening now. To secure him before others do. Still don't believe it though.

Can you imagine that twat in charge of those twats? Twattishness off the scale!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: May 7, 2013, 11:09:03 pm »
As I said in the wrong thread!...

Isn't that what it is now?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #179 on: May 7, 2013, 11:09:24 pm »
Ahh, modern football.

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #180 on: May 7, 2013, 11:09:44 pm »
I won't be pathetic enough to hold a party or anything when he fucks off but I will laugh my cock off at the despair of the mancs I know.

The only people cuntish enough to follow him are Jose and Hodgson. Only one of them is likely unfortunately.

Problem we've got now is the endless cock chomping and mourning by the media for years on end. Mandatory statues outside every football ground in Europe and endless bottles of whiskey left as tributes.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2013, 11:11:22 pm by Golden_Child »

Offline Titan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: May 7, 2013, 11:10:33 pm »
I can't see it happening but it's about time the c*nt retired.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #182 on: May 7, 2013, 11:10:35 pm »
Nothing yet? It's all bollocks, isn't it?

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: May 7, 2013, 11:11:10 pm »
They can announce it midday tomorrow, which will be just before the NYSE opens up.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline GarraCharrua

• yes i am united fan, please dont ban me
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #184 on: May 7, 2013, 11:11:25 pm »
So.... have the tabloids wummed us again? I mean The Guardian and the Telegraph are supposed to be serious tabloids....
« Last Edit: May 7, 2013, 11:14:37 pm by GarraCharrua »

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #185 on: May 7, 2013, 11:11:36 pm »
It is.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #186 on: May 7, 2013, 11:11:42 pm »
'Arry' in his car on the way to Old Trafford. Already hanging out hos window ready to declare his interest...
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: May 7, 2013, 11:12:12 pm »

I think the whole statement thing was / is bollocks.  The story itself must have legs.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: May 7, 2013, 11:12:38 pm »
'Arry' in his car on the way to Old Trafford. Already hanging out hos window ready to declare his interest...

Peter Odemwingie will eaily beat him up there.

Offline DerKaiser

• It's German for "TheCheesyRanter". Likes young boys.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: May 7, 2013, 11:12:56 pm »
The abdication of Nicholas II is gonna pale in comparison to this epic power vacuum if baconface calls it quits.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #190 on: May 7, 2013, 11:13:07 pm »
I have to say I'm going to miss moments like this

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
Ferguson considering retirement.
« Reply #191 on: May 7, 2013, 11:13:12 pm »

Double dip recession is surely on the cards now.

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: May 7, 2013, 11:13:21 pm »
Don't want him to retire before we win another title. I wish for him to burn at that moment.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #193 on: May 7, 2013, 11:13:22 pm »
Some of you actually believe this?

Won't be true, the git will die before he retires.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #194 on: May 7, 2013, 11:14:02 pm »

He hasn't declared his interest but he has stated (at length) what a great club United are and it would be traffic to manage them.

Offline sisterbliss

• Legacy Fan
  • Out now The Goodison Persecution Complex
« Reply #195 on: May 7, 2013, 11:14:31 pm »
Bet there is some arses going over on  Blue Cafe.
Try to sit on the fence and you're quickly exposed as a fraud, hiding your true feelings but fooling no one.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #196 on: May 7, 2013, 11:15:45 pm »
It's going to be a long Summer.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: May 7, 2013, 11:15:53 pm »
It'll be like Futurama, he'll just be a head in a jar chewing gum and he'll still carry on managing.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2013, 11:17:31 pm by Father Ted »

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #198 on: May 7, 2013, 11:16:06 pm »
People are saying there's not enough notice, that he'll get an assistant for a year etc etc.

But all it takes is one chat with a doctor and that could make his mind up. People assume they'll have a master plan but it really could be this sudden.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #199 on: May 7, 2013, 11:16:12 pm »
If Mourinho were to go there, they would get Ronaldo back, which is a horrible thought.
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........