Author Topic: FC Barcelona  (Read 873984 times)

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
FC Barcelona
« on: February 19, 2012, 10:42:04 pm »
Do this team not deserve their own thread?

I think the current team are the best anywhere of all time. When they perform like we have just seen it really is obscene. To quote the studio guest Albert Ferrer 'The only thing you can do is try to work and not concede many goals'

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline .Mike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Re: FC Barcelona
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 10:43:56 pm »
They just need Pique to stop shagging Shakira and they'd be proper sound.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 10:44:48 pm »

And I need to start

Then we're fucking flying

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Jellies

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 10:45:09 pm »
Thought it was a better team last year. If you're going to point a the year where the famous 2010's Barca team had its' prime it'd probably be the 2010/2011-season, now that the future is a bit uncertain for them.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 10:49:31 pm »
Thought it was a better team last year. If you're going to point a the year where the famous 2010's Barca team had its' prime it'd probably be the 2010/2011-season, now that the future is a bit uncertain for them.

Think I caught it in time though. Better late than never! Last season was only 8 months ago. teams have dips, it happens. We never won every league title in the 80s did we!! We even allowed Everton 2 FFS!

This is the squad of players now that have produced the greatest team performances ever seen, they'll be back my friend. The league may be gone for this year, god knows how judging by that, but they will be back
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 10:51:56 pm by rushyman »

Jurgen Klopp

Offline .Mike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 10:51:34 pm »
I'd actually say the 2009 one was better with Eto'o up front.

You never know, if they win everything except the league it will still be an amazing season.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 10:52:54 pm »
Shame a team so good wont win the league this season. CL winners though i reckon.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 10:54:02 pm »
Who did they play today and what score was it?

I agree they deserve a thread, without these brilliant bastards the Mancs could well of been on 5 European Cups too, *vomits*.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 10:55:10 pm »
Who did they play today and what score was it?

Valencia

5-1
Messi 4, Xavi

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 10:56:27 pm »
They can't be the best when they aren't on top of the league.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 11:01:42 pm »
They can't be the best when they aren't on top of the league.

As I say we were the best team in the 80's no doubt. But got 6 from 10 years. Not 10.

These have 5 from the last 7 and are on the back of 3 on the trot

Its about big picture. The football they produce is the best of all time. No doubt

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Nin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 11:04:05 pm »
As I say we were the best team in the 80's no doubt. But got 6 from 10 years. Not 10.

Its about big picture. The football they produce is the best of all time. No doubt

Er, yes there is. It's debatable.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 11:05:37 pm »
Real Madrid have been more consistent on the road this season, that's why they're top right now. But until they can beat this Barca side consistently they'll never be as good, for me.

Barca are the greatest side I've seen in my lifetime, and in years to come people will tell their kids about this side and what they could do. We're also privileged to live in a time when the greatest player the world has ever seen is approaching his prime.

They are a wonderful football club, and watching them makes you realise just how far we are behind what would be described as the ideal set up and total football.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 11:06:43 pm »

No doubt to me and many many others

Fixed

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 11:09:58 pm »

Barca are the greatest side I've seen in my lifetime, and in years to come people will tell their kids about this side and what they could do. We're also privileged to live in a time when the greatest player the world has ever seen is approaching his prime.

Was just thinking this earlier before I made this thread. In the future there will be some other fella doing all sorts and we'll be all old and going 'Messi Messi Messi' 'Barca Barca'. The grandkids will go oh fuck off so and so shits on him/them. He wouldnt live with him in todays game

At which point I will calmly pull out a revolver and execute my own grandchild

Jurgen Klopp

Online owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2012, 11:12:18 pm »
Real Madrid have been more consistent on the road this season, that's why they're top right now. But until they can beat this Barca side consistently they'll never be as good, for me.

They are a wonderful football club, and watching them makes you realise just how far we are behind what would be described as the ideal set up and total football.
I just like to add to this that whilst people constantly argue over who is better, Messi or Ronaldo, they should take a step back and be grateful that we have two amazing talents playing at the same time.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 11:16:49 pm »

To be fair to Pique, if I had Shakira at home, I'd probably retire from football just so I could stay at home and eat her poo. But then, I am a silly romantic.

And yes, that Barca team brings a smile every time I see them playing this great.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2012, 11:17:49 pm »

Anyone can debate. For me there isnt a TEAM, a unit of players that produce the quality of football like barcelona, ever. You can debate the greatest players, the best individuals or even how efficient a team is or how much success a team has had.

Tonight i'm not even suprised that barca won 5-1, what team has produced the football barcelona have week in week out for years on end? Barca could play valencia next week and do exactly what they did to them tonight, thats how good they are. Look at the english teams. Going back to the 60's to present... Liverpool, Leeds, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea. There was a point in time, whether for 1 season or 2 or how many where they were on top, where they were producing the best football. It could never compare to this barcelona team.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2012, 11:18:19 pm »
To be fair to Pique, if I had Shakira at home, I'd probably retire from football just so I could stay at home and eat her poo. But then, I am a silly romantic.

And yes, that Barca team brings a smile every time I see them playing this great.

:o

Offline SteLFC91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2012, 11:35:49 pm »
:o

You know what, after reading through the marital sex thread comments like that on this site no longer surprise me. ;D

Offline GoodStuff

• Kopite
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 11:44:55 pm »
They were sensational today. Could have scored a 100. Bit sloppy at times actually. Madrid might be top of the league but Barce are by far the better team. On form, unstoppable.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2012, 11:50:52 pm »

Nail on the head, in 30/40 years who are you going to remember from this era Real or Barca? Saying that probably both for all the twattings Barca give them.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2012, 11:56:24 pm »
I think the current Barca side are as good as any I've ever seen. Us in 87/88. Milan in the early 90's and Man Utd in 1999.

Offline MidwestWool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wool
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2012, 11:56:46 pm »
Nail on the head, in 30/40 years who are you going to remember from this era Real or Barca? Saying that probably both for all the twattings Barca give them.

Haha, so true.

Then again, this Real Madrid side is phenomenal too. They would twat every team out there, bar Barcelona, which is saying something. It's crazy how good these two teams are, with Barcelona having pushed Madrid to invest massively in players and managers. But obviously, this Barcelona side (not just this season, under Pep) are much better than any team out there, and they will be knocking around the top for years, with their young-ish squad and with new players being groomed (which is another massive positive that Pep brings - playing and integrating youngsters into the team).

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2012, 11:57:32 pm »

Its probably the way i interpreted what you said, they are the best side of the 00''s and probably the best side ever no doubt, i thought you were meaning to say that this years Barca are even stronger than the Barca we have seen in the last two years and the current Madrid which was what i disagreed with.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2012, 11:58:40 pm »
Wasn't around to see them, but how good was the Holland and Ajax sides of the 70's?

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2012, 12:25:46 am »
Some of the football they played last night was ridiculous, can't really argue against them being the best side of all time. And Messi makes Ronaldo look like a one trick pony.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2012, 12:29:31 am »
They're alright aren't they.

Best team ever in football.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2012, 12:31:13 am »
Wasn't around to see them, but how good was the Holland and Ajax sides of the 70's?

Superb. Cruyff in his prime was just amazing and Holland in that '74 World cup were an absolute joy to watch. Shame about the final, everyone I knew was rooting for Holland, but that's what West Germany were good at.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Wait for it!!!

• Unimaginative pisshead!!! +!!
  • Kopite
  • hat, cap, scarf or your banner??
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2012, 12:36:19 am »
I am off to Barca for my 50th in August - does anyone know what date the Liga starts? I am going on 23rd??? Your help would be very appreciated???
Keegan to Smith to Keegan and Newcastle were undressed!!!!!
Wembley Stadium May 1974 - as a 12 year old flared, stack shoed Alsop Comp LFC diehard. The joy!!

Offline Spanish Fan

• Battles Babelfish Brilliantly
  • Legacy Fan
  • מגדל בבל
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2012, 12:36:59 am »
This season whe have had a serious dip in form of which an outstanding RM side have taken advantage of. It seems we are slowly moving  back to top gear though.

And as someone has said  Liverpool, and may I say Ajax, Milan or even Di Stafano's Real Madrid, did not dominate the league every season during their rampant years.

Curiously enough Real Madrid lost 3 league titles when they won their 5 European Cups, two to a Barca side coached by Helenio Herrera, who was the Mourinho of the 50's 60's.

In terms of which is the best side I don't want to make comparisons of different eras cause they are very unfair. From refereeing, to materials, to physical conditioning, to tactis everything has changed so much that we can not draw a fair comparison. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 12:41:22 am by Spanish Fan »
利物浦, 리버풀, Λίβερπουλ, リヴァプール, ليفربول, Liberpul

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2012, 01:38:53 am »
I thought Shakira dumped Piqué a few months back?

Offline theartist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2012, 02:51:06 am »
This season whe have had a serious dip in form of which an outstanding RM side have taken advantage of. It seems we are slowly moving  back to top gear though.

And as someone has said  Liverpool, and may I say Ajax, Milan or even Di Stafano's Real Madrid, did not dominate the league every season during their rampant years.

Curiously enough Real Madrid lost 3 league titles when they won their 5 European Cups, two to a Barca side coached by Helenio Herrera, who was the Mourinho of the 50's 60's.

In terms of which is the best side I don't want to make comparisons of different eras cause they are very unfair. From refereeing, to materials, to physical conditioning, to tactis everything has changed so much that we can not draw a fair comparison.

I would add to those Eusebio's Benfica: european champions in 1960/61 and 1961/62 and finalists in1962/63, 1964/65 and 1967/68. They also won the portuguese league during that time in 1959/60, 1960/61, 1962/63, 1963/64, 1964/65, 1966/67, 1967/68, 1968/69. So they actually lose the portuguese league in 61/62, when they won their 2nd champions (curiously against Barcelona). Bella Gutman was the coach.

Offline KingsRevolution

• Kopite
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2012, 03:13:44 am »
Graham Hunter's new book Barca:The making of the greatest team in the world has some great reviews, talks about the philosophy within the whole club. Talks about legends past and present and why Messi is the greatest ever.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2012, 03:30:02 am »
They're the greatest team of all time and Messi is the greatest player of all time.

Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2012, 03:57:03 am »
Messi Xavi and Iniesta in full flow, mesmerising, I could watch barcelona all day and not get bored.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2012, 05:12:12 am »
maybe they can win the league, i'd love that...they are 7points behind (3points at Nou Camp)
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2012, 05:35:41 am »
Barcelona are the best example of showing patience in developing a team. They must have been hurting when Real seemingly won everything in the early 2000s, but all the while they had a plan on hand and went about executing it.

Offline Emlynevermore

• Twinkletoes
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bounce!
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2012, 05:43:17 am »
I would add to those Eusebio's Benfica: european champions in 1960/61 and 1961/62 and finalists in1962/63, 1964/65 and 1967/68. They also won the portuguese league during that time in 1959/60, 1960/61, 1962/63, 1963/64, 1964/65, 1966/67, 1967/68, 1968/69. So they actually lose the portuguese league in 61/62, when they won their 2nd champions (curiously against Barcelona). Bella Gutman was the coach.

Whoa.
Forza Viola!
Sitting in my car near anfield I've just had an amazing idea. Why not get behind the team?

Offline redy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2012, 05:56:56 am »
They're the greatest team of all time and Messi is the greatest player of all time.

Pretty much. You just see how much Real have invested only to be 2nd. Just shows you how far the gap is between the rest and Real and then Barca.