Author Topic: Claims to fame..  (Read 16531 times)

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Claims to fame..
« Reply #240 on: March 16, 2012, 07:02:54 am »
Met Brucie at a Charity Golf do in Zimbabwe.
Met Robert Mugabe and John Major at a charity Cricket do in Zimbabwe.
Had lunch at Javed Miandad's house when he played for Glamorgan, and he bowled to me in his back yard.
Zaheer Abbas had dinner at my place.
Hung out with Muhammad Azharuddin for a day.
Was at a BBQ with the Indian Cricket team and Sachin Tendulkar sat next to me.

What do you do for a living? Curious to know.

Offline B.A. Baracus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #241 on: March 16, 2012, 07:31:52 am »
What do you do for a living? Curious to know.

I work for a tobacco company in sales.

All that was way before my working life though. The Cricket community is small in Zimbabwe and my dad knew people.

The Brucie thing was luck. I was 15. A mate of mine heard he was at that golf club, we rocked up just when the shindig ended and one of the organisers saw us in our Liverpool shirts, came over to us and asked us if we wanted to meet Brucie. He told us to wait and Brucie came over and signed my hat.

Offline Red in Korea

• Claims to be from Korea but we're not convinced...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: March 16, 2012, 07:38:31 am »
My only claim to fame is realted to the club. My great grandad (around 1920) and my Dad's uncle (around 1950) were chairmen of Liverpool FC.
"What is called for is dignity. We need to set an example." Kenny Dalglish

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: March 16, 2012, 08:19:54 am »
when i was in barcelona a few years back i was stopped three or four times for autographs by people who thought i was thierry henry (he was at barca at the time and i do look quite a lot like him when i have my hair short).

should have gone along with it really :P

i also played with several rugby players for school and at county/midlands level who are now full england internationals and even british lions.

You sound like me  St Michael. I have a resemblance to  Thierry and played against Ben Cohen  and Steve Thompson at County level at Twickenham
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: March 16, 2012, 09:04:57 am »
I work for a tobacco company in sales.

All that was way before my working life though. The Cricket community is small in Zimbabwe and my dad knew people.

The Brucie thing was luck. I was 15. A mate of mine heard he was at that golf club, we rocked up just when the shindig ended and one of the organisers saw us in our Liverpool shirts, came over to us and asked us if we wanted to meet Brucie. He told us to wait and Brucie came over and signed my hat.

Cheers mate. :) Must have been very interesting times those.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #245 on: March 16, 2012, 09:05:19 am »
My only claim to fame is realted to the club. My great grandad (around 1920) and my Dad's uncle (around 1950) were chairmen of Liverpool FC.

Thread closed!