Author Topic: General decorating and DIY thread indoor and outdoors.  (Read 30747 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Are you good at DIY?
« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2019, 11:28:23 am »
I can do it if I have someone else making the decisions and telling me what to do

On my own, I'm hopeless, but have managed some fairly decent jobs with someone else in charge.

I'm much better at wanton destruction - want a wall marmalised? What something breaking up and smashed and I'm very much in my element

One of my neigbours a few years back saw me mashing up old furniture with my hands and feet (So it would fit in the car to take to the tip) and tried it himself and injured himself. Wanton destruction isn't for everyone... Probably the most useful my martial arts training has been :D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 11:30:40 am by Andy @ Allerton »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2019, 11:39:33 am »
I can do it if I have someone else making the decisions and telling me what to do

On my own, I'm hopeless, but have managed some fairly decent jobs with someone else in charge.

I'm much better at wanton destruction - want a wall marmalised? What something breaking up and smashed and I'm very much in my element

One of my neigbours a few years back saw me mashing up old furniture with my hands and feet (So it would fit in the car to take to the tip) and tried it himself and injured himself. Wanton destruction isn't for everyone... Probably the most useful my martial arts training has been :D

When we lived in Kirkby, the walls weren't that solid, stud walls I think they are called. My Dad knocked two rooms into one, he kicked and punched his way through the wall, showing off his Karate skills.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #162 on: June 29, 2019, 06:44:13 pm »
When we lived in Kirkby, the walls weren't that solid, stud walls I think they are called. My Dad knocked two rooms into one, he kicked and punched his way through the wall, showing off his Karate skills.

Not sure I got punch in a wall, unless it was made out of paper!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: June 29, 2019, 08:13:31 pm »
Edit : Ice cream stick is good for the finish  :)

That's a good tip, cheers.

Am looking at re-sealing round our bath/shower too. Am going to use normal grout this time I think. Or cement w/waterproofer. I hate sealant. I wish they wouldn't put 'mould resistant' on the stuff... just write 'will get mould on it very soon, just not as quick as others' instead. Less catchy tho.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: June 30, 2019, 10:18:07 am »
Says the man ^^ with the apt user name.  ;)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #165 on: July 15, 2019, 08:51:30 pm »
Just ordered a full bath suite and am about to enter a whole world of pain and arguments fitting it

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #166 on: August 4, 2019, 10:52:18 am »
https://www.wickes.co.uk/Makita-DHP482RFWJ-18V-2-x-3-0Ah-Li-Ion-LXT-Cordless-Combi-Drill/p/169582

Top drawer & a great price too,still in stock in some area's.
I would defo have got one of these if they were in stock locally.
Instore only*
Check local stores for stock.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: August 30, 2019, 05:41:57 pm »
Quick question about sanding.

The coat hook in the cupboard under the stairs came off yesterday bringing a lot of plaster with it. I've bought some polyfilla and filled the holes and its currently drying. When I sand it down to a flat finish, do I need to wear any kind of mask? I don't have one and wondered if the dust is likely to cause me any probs.

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How do I fix this?
« Reply #168 on: May 14, 2021, 10:13:44 pm »

Can I peel it all off and put on something else??

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2021, 07:40:34 pm »
Question folks - I need to make a load of fence slats half their width at the ends - it’s to slot into a compost bin post.

What’s the best tool to use for that? Any ideas?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2021, 08:51:30 pm »
Question folks - I need to make a load of fence slats half their width at the ends - it’s to slot into a compost bin post.

so you need to trim off a bit to make them skinnier? I have a little 4 1/2" power saw that I would use for that, and it's come in surprisingly handy. An oscillating tool could work also

These are US links btw but for example:

https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCS571B-Brushless-Cordless-Circular/dp/B07VYLSYQ6/ref=csx_p13n_sims_1/132-6368471-7715303?pd_rd_w=QBOda&pf_rd_p=e286e809-3cc4-4e7d-a50b-77085ccec668&pf_rd_r=X3ERARXMD1ZBTV3A0K5C&pd_rd_r=36fceb03-8985-4195-a5cd-c59e74c80313&pd_rd_wg=hZTmf&pd_rd_i=B07VYLSYQ6&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCS354B-Brushless-Oscillating-Multi-Tool/dp/B07TYGKHHS/ref=pd_di_sccai_7/132-6368471-7715303?pd_rd_w=JDTHE&pf_rd_p=c9443270-b914-4430-a90b-72e3e7e784e0&pf_rd_r=8VWMXCTTPTPXSF5KFR95&pd_rd_r=e63a0c39-98e6-4cc0-9c0f-edaf7562933b&pd_rd_wg=OL9Jn&pd_rd_i=B07TYGKHHS&psc=1

The oscillating tool has more uses but for making a lot of cuts you can't beat the mini saw. I own both and use the mini saw more often

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: August 12, 2021, 08:53:38 pm »

One of these from Aldi

https://www.aldi.co.uk/ferrex-300w-multifunction-tool/p/807615485768800

Or a mini circular saw

https://www.aldi.co.uk/ferrex-18v-li-ion-mini-circular-saw/p/806220507846000
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 08:55:38 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: August 13, 2021, 07:11:46 am »
Ta gents!
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
DIY Home Improvements
« Reply #173 on: August 30, 2021, 04:00:42 pm »
Got a little bit into reading and watching a lot of these home DIY videos online - seemingly people with no previous experience of tiling, carpentry, landscaping etc... doing their own home renovations. The creativity is brilliant (something I lack) and they seem to do it on a fraction of the cost of a professional.

Anyone any good at this stuff? Any examples to share? I love the before/after videos showing the efforts.

Is it as easy as it looks if you are a novice and the big question... would it look much shitter/amatuer in person than it looks on these videos?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: DIY Home Improvements
« Reply #174 on: August 30, 2021, 04:50:52 pm »
Got a little bit into reading and watching a lot of these home DIY videos online - seemingly people with no previous experience of tiling, carpentry, landscaping etc... doing their own home renovations. The creativity is brilliant (something I lack) and they seem to do it on a fraction of the cost of a professional.

Anyone any good at this stuff? Any examples to share? I love the before/after videos showing the efforts.

Is it as easy as it looks if you are a novice and the big question... would it look much shitter/amatuer in person than it looks on these videos?

The hardest part of any project is the finishing,if you're thinking about tiling yourself then make sure that you practice that part of the job (goes for any diy) before you tackle the real thing,tiling is one of the easier projects though.

With the right tools and patience there's not much that any person who can follow instructions cannot do imo.

Projects will just take you much,much longer to do,so it's a case of working out how much your time is worth and including that in your costing.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: August 30, 2021, 05:16:26 pm »
Lots of the things can be done, it's often a question of having the right tools and knowing what to do, but youtube can help a lot there.

Some jobs require real skill though, for example plastering. Some have legal implications (like electrics or gas), or can be dangerous if done wrong (bricklaying), anything structural. Those are better just left for a professional imo.

But yeah, lots of people outsource stuff they could do themselves. I've put the wood floor and the kitchen tiles i to mine, and put the kitchen up myself. None of that was especially difficult. Also if you do it yourself, you have more control over how it's done, and can schedule better. I did the kitchen floor myself because I was already living in the house, and needed to so it in two halves so I could use the kitchen. Would have been difficult to explain that to a tradesperson.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: August 30, 2021, 06:01:28 pm »

As WAP said, it's mostly about the time it takes.  It'll take you a lot longer to a job than a tradesperson (or should anyway).

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General decorating and DIY thread indoor and outdoors.
« Reply #177 on: August 30, 2021, 10:23:24 pm »

Approach with caution. They design it to make it look easy.

Having said that, tiling is pretty easy. A bit of patience - a patch at a time plus making sure you start off straight and you'll be fine.

Youtube is a great resource tho. Totally confident in being able to plaster a room by myself now thanks to youtube (and many previous mistakes). Top tip... do it twice before the first coat has set. Takes practice!

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: August 30, 2021, 11:34:19 pm »
Recently removed and replaced two mixer showers purely based on YouTube videos I had watched.

First one was a bit nerve wracking, but took me time and got there in the end with no issues. Bit of a delay when trying to take the old outlet off the copper pipes in the wall. In the end, had to google search “how to remove an old olive from a copper pipe”. Answer came up: buy an olive remover 😂. Had no idea such a thing existed, but a quick trip to Screwfix and all sorted.

After the experience of doing the first one, Second shower took about half an hour.

Saved myself about £400 in ridiculously high plumbing charges I’d been quoted, and once the job was complete, I’d never felt so masculine.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: August 30, 2021, 11:50:29 pm »
Got a little bit into reading and watching a lot of these home DIY videos online

You could try this for a bit of decoration, I just know you want to  ;) https://www.instructables.com/Taxidermy-Fox-Head-Mounting/
Seriously though as others have said whatever it is you choose to do, watch a couple of videos and take your time... Oh and measure twice and cut once.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: August 31, 2021, 09:49:49 am »
I'm pretty good at DIY stuff and have tried pretty much everything bar gas and electrics.

When we were refurbing our old house I did the channelling out for the wiring of all the new plug sockets then plastered after.

Did the insulation and stud walling in the attic extension.

Levelled the floors and tiled the bathroom and kitchen.

Changed light fittings, doors and handles.

Fixed all the bathroom accessories.

Build fitted shelves and cupboards.

Did all the decorating.

Demolished an outbuilding and built walls.

Nothing needs doing on the house at the new place so I've got stuck into the garden.

I've recently got some old oak chairs to have a go at upcycling them when I'm done in the garden, got all the tools and found a unit to work in.

There's never a dull moment with me 😂

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: August 31, 2021, 10:38:30 am »
Over lockdown, after painting every inch of the house, I changed all the sockets, switches and light fittings in the house for more modern ones, also changed the door handles. Simple jobs but it makes a massive difference to the house.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #182 on: August 31, 2021, 10:46:16 am »
Quick question about sanding.

The coat hook in the cupboard under the stairs came off yesterday bringing a lot of plaster with it. I've bought some polyfilla and filled the holes and its currently drying. When I sand it down to a flat finish, do I need to wear any kind of mask? I don't have one and wondered if the dust is likely to cause me any probs.

Nothing like that is truly toxic. If you were doing a bunch of sanding it is always smart to wear a mask just to keep that crap out of your lungs, bt for a tiny space you will be fine.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #183 on: August 31, 2021, 10:47:35 am »
Over lockdown, after painting every inch of the house, I changed all the sockets, switches and light fittings in the house for more modern ones, also changed the door handles. Simple jobs but it makes a massive difference to the house.

Thats really great. It is great what having a can do attitude can do to make a house look different. Painting small rooms at home is within everyones ability and swopping out hardware is equally easy. I think it is great that you did that.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: August 31, 2021, 01:36:30 pm »
Nothing like that is truly toxic. If you were doing a bunch of sanding it is always smart to wear a mask just to keep that crap out of your lungs, bt for a tiny space you will be fine.

I'd take a wild guess and say he has it sorted now  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: August 31, 2021, 03:06:13 pm »
Nope I’ve been sat under the stairs for the past 2 years waiting. I look like Tom Hanks in Castaway.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #186 on: August 31, 2021, 06:17:04 pm »
Nope I’ve been sat under the stairs for the past 2 years waiting. I look like Tom Hanks in Castaway.
But it all made so much sense, the date of the original post was August 30, little did I realize August 30, 2019

you have probably moved house by now

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: August 31, 2021, 06:41:33 pm »
you have probably moved house by now

Yep we have :D

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #188 on: October 25, 2021, 03:14:47 pm »
alright

live in a terraces gaff in liverpool, the sandstone still have got some damage over the years, bits have fallen off,

any idea how i can repair these, i've had a look online and none of them talk about this specific issue, more so repainting.  (it'll need re painting too at some point as well!)
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #189 on: October 25, 2021, 06:13:28 pm »
alright

live in a terraces gaff in liverpool, the sandstone still have got some damage over the years, bits have fallen off,

any idea how i can repair these, i've had a look online and none of them talk about this specific issue, more so repainting.  (it'll need re painting too at some point as well!)

Happened to mine where it had blown under the paintwork, there is a concrete repair cement you can get if you are doing it yourself.
Done mine about 2 years ago & it has held/adhered well.
I drilled & used stainless steel screws for the parts where it was needed.
Rake out all the loose & scratch into the exposed sandstone for a good key.
I used a 50/50 pva mix prior to using the cement.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #190 on: October 26, 2021, 10:53:24 am »
Happened to mine where it had blown under the paintwork, there is a concrete repair cement you can get if you are doing it yourself.
Done mine about 2 years ago & it has held/adhered well.
I drilled & used stainless steel screws for the parts where it was needed.
Rake out all the loose & scratch into the exposed sandstone for a good key.
I used a 50/50 pva mix prior to using the cement.

yeah i've got much of the same, theres a but that has come away in between the windows that needs repairing, i'll take a look, at the concrete repair cement. its once done it'll make the front look so much better.
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #191 on: November 4, 2021, 11:53:46 pm »
I’ve got a rat/rats in the attic

Can hear the little fucker at night. He’s dropped down past the joists and into the top of the bedroom ceiling

Anyone expert in best plan of action?
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: November 5, 2021, 08:13:27 am »

Can hear the little fucker at night. He’s dropped down past the joists and into the top of the bedroom ceiling

I recently heard some mice/rats in the small loft over my kitchen, which is an extension at the back. Opened the loft hatch and lifted the cat in, heard them scatter away to where the air bricks are. A couple of days later, I heard them again, so got the cat on the case again. They left as soon as I opened the hatch, and I haven't heard them since.

In conclusion, get a cat and delegate the job. ;D

(...I actually think just going into the loft and disturbing them might do the trick, they seem more scared of me than the cat!)
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #193 on: November 5, 2021, 08:45:35 am »
I recently heard some mice/rats in the small loft over my kitchen, which is an extension at the back. Opened the loft hatch and lifted the cat in, heard them scatter away to where the air bricks are. A couple of days later, I heard them again, so got the cat on the case again. They left as soon as I opened the hatch, and I haven't heard them since.

In conclusion, get a cat and delegate the job. ;D

(...I actually think just going into the loft and disturbing them might do the trick, they seem more scared of me than the cat!)

or get a mouse trap and absolutely permanently fix the problem

I get them from time to time and it is a pain as they hide under the kitchen stove (where cats cant go)

I pile up the exit lanes with glue traps and mechanical traps and that always gets them after a few days

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: November 5, 2021, 08:53:31 am »
Whatever you do, do not put poison down due to the way it works. It takes daily visits to the bait to build up enough poison in their bodies to kill a mouse or a rat, but they have ingested enough before then to kill any bird of prey that happens to catch and eat them.

I use humane traps to catch mice and then release them in the park about a mile away. You can get rat traps too

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/KEPLIN-Humane-Children-Friendly-Rodent/dp/B094KNYPVT/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=TB1NJKY3LMD0&keywords=humane+mouse+traps&qid=1636102336&sprefix=humane+%2Caps%2C181&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&smid=A34ECW1X61CSKE&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzODg2SFBWMVhUNUZHJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjM5MzU1M0hPWEM5SklFUjBPUyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjE0NTAzMldVWFAwWFhHWEFDTCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: December 19, 2021, 01:28:54 am »

Do what I did in an old apartment building I lived in.

1) Have rats.

2) Have rats scurrying inside the walls between the living room and bedroom above it.
2 a) Have rats that would come out at night and tuck in to the fruit in your fruit bowl.

3) Set traps.

4) Go away for the weekend, with family who've come to visit.

5) Come back to THE MOTHER of all rats, dead and being devoured by maggots, in a trap in your dining room.

6) Refuse to pick it up because, well, fucking look at it.

7) Call the building manager. Have the building manager come over and refuse to pick it up because, well IT'S FUCKING RATZILLA and, well, fucking look at it.

8 ) Watch the building manager take pictures of it and send it to her husband because she's "Never seen anything like it before".

9) Watch the building manager call the maintenance team to come in and deal with it - at 11pm on a Sunday night - because there's still NO FUCKING WAY any of us are dealing with it.

10) Move out.

I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: December 19, 2021, 01:17:41 pm »

You gotta fix that rat that's what You gotta do.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: December 19, 2021, 10:48:31 pm »
Do what I did in an old apartment building I lived in.

1) Have rats.

2) Have rats scurrying inside the walls between the living room and bedroom above it.
2 a) Have rats that would come out at night and tuck in to the fruit in your fruit bowl.

3) Set traps.

4) Go away for the weekend, with family who've come to visit.

5) Come back to THE MOTHER of all rats, dead and being devoured by maggots, in a trap in your dining room.

6) Refuse to pick it up because, well, fucking look at it.

7) Call the building manager. Have the building manager come over and refuse to pick it up because, well IT'S FUCKING RATZILLA and, well, fucking look at it.

8 ) Watch the building manager take pictures of it and send it to her husband because she's "Never seen anything like it before".

9) Watch the building manager call the maintenance team to come in and deal with it - at 11pm on a Sunday night - because there's still NO FUCKING WAY any of us are dealing with it.

10) Move out.
This will work...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Duokon-Stainless-Automatic-Original-Rolling/dp/B07WF8HFB1/ref=sr_1_16?keywords=Bucket+rat+trap&qid=1639953908&sr=8-16

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: January 19, 2022, 04:21:12 pm »
I've made a start on my latest project today, stripping back and renovating an old oak rocking chair.

The wood grain underneath all the dirt, polish and old flakey varnish looks fabulous so far but there's still a long way to go.

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #199 on: May 5, 2022, 07:24:38 pm »
does anyone know/use some good DIY advice forums? I tried reddit but they wanted to know my whole google search history before answering a question

im wanting to build a deck and cant figure out the best option for the footings (frost line is 5'5" here..... )