Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3304717 times)

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #27320 on: August 23, 2022, 05:54:49 am »
And it’s less than 20 mins. No serious audio pod analyzing the pre game presser either. It’s all a bit flat when it comes to pre and post game now, with Robbo gone, Team Talk gone, and Neil not on The Pink. Hope it picks up. Like the team!

I haven't heard the Pink yet, so I'll reserve judgement til I do, but I don't really mind it it's short as long as it's emotional and reflects and deals with things as they are. No one needs to analyse the games in depth - that's what the free show and Review are for - but sometimes I'm not up for slurred conversations or looking for positive vibes or totally level-headed sense either. Games with a performance and result like last night's are extremely difficult to take and people are angry - the pod should reflect how people are feeling. I'd argue that most fans who have seen three truly shite performances in a row, capped by losing to the worst United side in living memory, are pissed off and want to vent and hear venting, not be cheered up.

I think that the new pre match audio show is OK to be fair. Ian Ryan is a bit of a wannabe Neil Atkinson (some of his expressions and sign offs are a dead giveaway), but not as good. Overall I've liked the length and what they cover.

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #27321 on: August 23, 2022, 09:04:44 am »
I haven't heard the Pink yet, so I'll reserve judgement til I do, but I don't really mind it it's short as long as it's emotional and reflects and deals with things as they are. No one needs to analyse the games in depth - that's what the free show and Review are for - but sometimes I'm not up for slurred conversations or looking for positive vibes or totally level-headed sense either. Games with a performance and result like last night's are extremely difficult to take and people are angry - the pod should reflect how people are feeling. I'd argue that most fans who have seen three truly shite performances in a row, capped by losing to the worst United side in living memory, are pissed off and want to vent and hear venting, not be cheered up.

I think that the new pre match audio show is OK to be fair. Ian Ryan is a bit of a wannabe Neil Atkinson (some of his expressions and sign offs are a dead giveaway), but not as good. Overall I've liked the length and what they cover.

It is emotional, though not angry.

On the match analysis, I’m not a big fan of The Review (though Dan and Neil are good), which leaves the Free Show which is, well, free. As is TAW Live. Ian is ok but at a minimum, The Warm Up has to be recorded after Klopp’s presser and analyse it pretty comprehensively. I think that was the promise when Team Talk got pulled from the audio subscription. That requires some of the stronger contributors too I guess.

Maybe it was just a timing thing this week, or the two Monday games. But I hope they get into a good routine.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27322 on: August 23, 2022, 09:56:44 am »
What shows have covered Giggs' trial ?  Ive not come across any to be honest

I’m talking about coverage in general (as that is what I thought the post that I was responding to was referring to).

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #27323 on: August 23, 2022, 05:30:05 pm »
As a TAW completist, I’m finding it heavy going re-living last night. Almost coming out in hives…

That said, after a defeat TAW is useful therapy in as much that it helps piece things together; making sense of the nonsense we’re watching right now.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27324 on: August 23, 2022, 05:44:52 pm »
As a TAW completist, I’m finding it heavy going re-living last night. Almost coming out in hives…

That said, after a defeat TAW is useful therapy in as much that it helps piece things together; making sense of the nonsense we’re watching right now.

Can’t bring myself to listen to any of it yet. Might pretend it never happened.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #27325 on: August 23, 2022, 05:46:20 pm »
Not sure what you’re talking about…

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #27326 on: August 23, 2022, 09:21:31 pm »
Would Ivan Toney pass the 'no dickheads' rule?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27327 on: August 23, 2022, 09:28:58 pm »
I'll be buying tokens for it if Atko is on it that's for sure. Need an angry Atko telling it how it is.

Avoid the pink (Post match Show) and keep your tokens for the post match pint,

Gibbo has his strengths, hosting the Pink isn't oner of them

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #27328 on: August 23, 2022, 10:47:37 pm »
Would Ivan Toney pass the 'no dickheads' rule?

He's a red supposedly but was it him who said Brentford could fuck off or something when he was drunk on holiday?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27329 on: August 24, 2022, 01:19:41 am »
Gibbo has his strengths, hosting the Pink isn't oner of them

Have to agree sadly. Love Gibbo but he doesn't have the energy to host The Pink.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27330 on: August 24, 2022, 01:49:51 am »

Ha ha  - it's an ancient history podcast for me after a bad defeat like that - and only the show off your pets thread on here, I feel like an Evertonian refusing to look at the league table  ;D

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #27331 on: August 24, 2022, 10:45:58 am »

Haha in a similar boat!

But I do find afterwards it's good closure and there's normally a bit of positivity/hope to cling onto for the next game.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27332 on: August 24, 2022, 10:47:15 am »
Psyched for the Will Arnett ep dropping later today!

I might put myself through the pain of the post-United stuff this morning as there will be a Will Arnett shaped treat at the end of it.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27333 on: August 24, 2022, 10:52:31 am »
Psyched for the Will Arnett ep dropping later today!

I might put myself through the pain of the post-United stuff this morning as there will be a Will Arnett shaped treat at the end of it.

Wait til you hear they have Taylor Swift on next week.

Apparently she wrote Blank Space about our midfield on Monday night. :(

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27334 on: August 24, 2022, 11:02:47 am »
Wait til you hear they have Taylor Swift on next week.

Apparently she wrote Blank Space about our midfield on Monday night. :(

So it's gonna be forever
Or it's gonna go down in flames
You can tell me when it's over,
If the high was worth the pain...

I really hope it isn't symbolic of this season! :(

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #27335 on: August 24, 2022, 01:00:01 pm »
So it's gonna be forever
Or it's gonna go down in flames
You can tell me when it's over,
If the high line was worth the pain...

Fixed that for ya ;D
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #27336 on: August 24, 2022, 04:24:03 pm »
I'm finding it hard to listen to Will Arnett have a serious discussion about football, all I can picture is the funeral monologue from BoJack Horseman :lmao :lmao

What a scalp from TAW.
:D

Offline redhokie8

• Kopite
« Reply #27337 on: August 24, 2022, 04:33:50 pm »
Where’s Sean Rodgers been on “The Review?”

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #27338 on: August 24, 2022, 04:57:02 pm »
I'm finding it hard to listen to Will Arnett have a serious discussion about football, all I can picture is the funeral monologue from BoJack Horseman :lmao :lmao

What a scalp from TAW.

Was Franklin with him?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27339 on: August 24, 2022, 10:00:25 pm »
Have to agree sadly. Love Gibbo but he doesn't have the energy to host The Pink.

I think my favourite pinks are Neil, Steve Greaves, Rob and Paul Senior in a car. best mix of views and added driving commentary

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #27340 on: August 24, 2022, 10:15:29 pm »
Where’s Sean Rodgers been on “The Review?”
I think he’s been on other stuff. Maybe mixing things up a bit or maybe been unavailable.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #27341 on: August 24, 2022, 10:17:39 pm »
Will Arnett will always have a special place in my heart as Gob is one of the great sitcom characters. So good.

Offline Schmohawk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27342 on: August 24, 2022, 11:57:13 pm »
Come on!

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27343 on: August 25, 2022, 11:24:32 pm »
All podcasts are showing as Premium and it says I have no subscription on the App. Liars!

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27344 on: August 25, 2022, 11:26:05 pm »
Likewise.  :no

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27345 on: August 25, 2022, 11:38:34 pm »
Likewise.  :no

Was finally ready to listen after Monday night as well!

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #27346 on: August 26, 2022, 07:28:05 am »
All podcasts are showing as Premium and it says I have no subscription on the App. Liars!

Showing my subscription as expired and no option to resubscribe to the £10 combined package

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27347 on: August 26, 2022, 07:29:59 am »
Showing my subscription as expired and no option to resubscribe to the £10 combined package

My bank changed my card from Visa to Mastercard recently so wondering if that’s affected anything if I didn’t update in PayPal…although sounds like a wider problem so will hopefully get sorted soon. Ideally before Saturday  because if we don’t win I’ll be wanting another week of silence!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27348 on: August 26, 2022, 08:24:25 am »
I can log into the website but not the app. Tried to log out of the app after getting the same premium messages as you guys but now I can’t log in :/

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #27349 on: August 26, 2022, 08:48:35 am »
My bank changed my card from Visa to Mastercard recently so wondering if that’s affected anything if I didn’t update in PayPal…although sounds like a wider problem so will hopefully get sorted soon. Ideally before Saturday  because if we don’t win I’ll be wanting another week of silence!

My automatic PayPal payment is due today and it hasn’t been taken. I think there is some sort of glitch in the system.

Offline craiglfc7

• Main Stander
    • My twitter
« Reply #27350 on: August 26, 2022, 11:28:59 am »
Hi everyone, sorry had some IT issues through the night while we were all sleeping  - should be all good now? If not email help@theanfieldwrap.com  and Josh will get you sorted. Cheers

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #27351 on: August 26, 2022, 01:52:18 pm »
Hi everyone, sorry had some IT issues through the night while we were all sleeping  - should be all good now? If not email help@theanfieldwrap.com  and Josh will get you sorted. Cheers

You mean you're not on a 24/7 on call rota? What am I paying my £7 a month for exactly? :P
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27352 on: August 29, 2022, 02:02:25 pm »
Is anyone else having issues with the player not showing up in browsers?

Offline Big Bamber

• Having a lovely time, living the best time of his life
  • Kopite
  • The Dude Abides
« Reply #27353 on: August 29, 2022, 02:48:15 pm »
I think he’s been on other stuff. Maybe mixing things up a bit or maybe been unavailable.

I'm hoping its just some scheduling problems right now. e.g. the last two Warm-Ups were recorded before Klopp's press conference and so are incomplete and go out of date very quickly (oddly I think that was one of the perceived problems with Team Talk they were trying to fix). Anyway the analysis of the press conference on the free TAW Live show is not very deep. Overall, if that timing continues I think it represents a downgrade of the offering to audio-only subscribers from last season.   

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #27354 on: August 31, 2022, 07:23:45 pm »
Thought yesterday’s Gutter was really strong. Picking apart some of the finer points that often get missed in the usual online shout-a-thon. Throwing names about and screaming at the clouds. Neil’s point about the infectious nature of internet-based anger is really important. Aggregator accounts getting fans foaming at the mouth about signing footballers; people seemingly existing to be furious about the football regardless of on-field performance; taking no joy in being a fan.

This stuff eats itself.

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27355 on: August 31, 2022, 11:21:17 pm »
Anybody getting ERROR HTTP 502 when opening up the app?

Phil Blundell has just bigged the intro up as the best ever, and I can't even open the fucker up.

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27356 on: September 1, 2022, 12:12:33 am »
Love the pink on nights like this

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #27357 on: September 1, 2022, 01:15:39 am »
The Pink was great, Docking on top form.

Atkinson's opening on the Post Match Pint is one of the all time best, only bettered by the Barcelona one.

10/10 tonight.
:D

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #27358 on: September 1, 2022, 01:56:24 am »
Yerse! Neil's PMP Intro is right up there with the best things ever seen on the internet. Dunno if even Robbo could have done better.

One to cherish and keep for posterity. Stick it in the dictionary under Tension, Overwhelming Release of.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27359 on: September 1, 2022, 04:27:40 am »
Yerse! Neil's PMP Intro is right up there with the best things ever seen on the internet. Dunno if even Robbo could have done better.

One to cherish and keep for posterity. Stick it in the dictionary under Tension, Overwhelming Release of.

Liverpool 2 Newcastle United 1 | Post-Match Pint First Five' - from TAW (the opening rant is well worth a watch)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-V42yqi3_wU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-V42yqi3_wU</a>