Author Topic: Relationship troubles  (Read 157262 times)

Offline ds2190

• Simon Cowell + Oswald Moseley's pernickety lovechild
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Relationship troubles
« Reply #40 on: June 8, 2011, 11:34:28 am »
breaks are just half way to break-ups

Yep. Went through the same thing with an ex so I made the move before she did. It hurt like hell that things had come to an end, but i'm sure as hell better off without her.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: June 8, 2011, 11:35:21 am »
Talk to your real mates, they'll be helpful.

All this macho shite makes me laugh, really. We've all had our hearts broken, and it's even worse when you're that age. SMASH HER LA.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #42 on: June 8, 2011, 11:37:51 am »
Talk to your real mates, they'll be helpful.

Best advice of the thread.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline ClaireW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "If I can't dance, it's not my revolution"
« Reply #43 on: June 8, 2011, 11:37:55 am »
Do us a favour love, make us a cup of tea.

:D

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: June 8, 2011, 11:39:26 am »
You say you  have been getting on each other nerves and that you were losing interest. Did you start finding interest again around the time she withdrew from you?

I would suggest you really think about all that moved you apart in the first place and also think about the mechanism that has made you lust for her again.

I don't think you have fallen in love with her all over again, I think it's partly wanting what you cannot have at the moment. If you got back together I would give it 6 months before you lose interest again.

Don't look back through rose tinted specs, evaluate your relationship with her honestly, the good and the bad and see if you really do still want her, or if there is a little bit of pride creeping in here.

It seemed you were ok with losing her when you were in control of it

Great post!

Oh, and look on the bright side, going from jobless with a girlfriend to employed and single means you can buy a bloody round for your mates at last ;)

Exactly!

By the time your older alot of your mates will be settling down in one way or another. Be it kids, new house, girlfriend, or career and they won't want to go out partying every week. Nows the time to go out and have a laugh with your mates, go on holidays and get that out've your system. I've seen a few mates settle down with a girl when they were young, only to realise a few years later when they've settled down with reposibilities that they now missed out on certain things and now feel like partying all the time which they can't do for one reason or another.

Again, if you do break up, consider yourself lucky you don't have kids, a joint mortgage, or the fact when you moved outta your folks house your younger brother moved into your room and now there's no room to move back :D

« Last Edit: June 8, 2011, 11:46:32 am by Magin85 »

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #45 on: June 8, 2011, 11:40:18 am »
We've all had our hearts broken, and it's even worse when you're that age.

Aye, think yourself lucky. My wife was banging my brother. Thats a tough one to deal with.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #46 on: June 8, 2011, 11:44:30 am »
Aye, think yourself lucky. My wife was banging my brother. Thats a tough one to deal with.

Jeeesus thats bad mate.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: June 8, 2011, 11:50:58 am »
Ok so me and my girlfriend of 3 years are on a break, but i know what i want and thats to be with her

But she is thinking about breaking up (again)
she says she needs to time think it over.

How fucked am i?
What do?

does she have a brother?

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: June 8, 2011, 11:52:18 am »
Jeeesus thats bad mate.

They are married now. Slapped him about a few times for it but get on really well now. He is better off with her and vice versa. Was hard at the time but looking back, it was something that turned both of their lives into something good. He's a good husband, father and brother. And im happy for them.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Enemy

• Fairly low-maintenance pritsatoixouphobic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: June 8, 2011, 11:52:31 am »

Rhodri's revenge?
Enemy, at that time, and now, I cant think of anything good to say about her. She's still being a c*nt

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: June 8, 2011, 11:55:02 am »

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #51 on: June 8, 2011, 11:58:38 am »
Do us a favour love, make us a cup of tea.

:lmao found this most humourous.

Offline Red Zeppelin

• Kopite
« Reply #52 on: June 8, 2011, 12:05:01 pm »
I got stung when i was 21!  theres even a thread kicking about in the archives on here when I was going through it.    Anyway the situation shaped me into the heartless bastard I am today!  haha     It toughens you up, and you learn not to be that 'Blurt' again!   

Its defo been a good thing for me.  I'v been through some serious stunners since then.   After being stung your also less likely to get walked all over by birds. 

At 24 now and mates starting to settle down and get married etc... part of me says I need to change my ways and settle down.  But im having far to much fun for all that caper yet!   

Advise from you older 'Experienced Brother' is ........ SMASH ON my son!  SMASH ON   

old thread from my younger ... more vunerable days http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=202723.msg3652674#msg3652674

x
« Last Edit: June 8, 2011, 12:18:31 pm by Red Zeppelin »
Quote from: kdorg on Today at 02:09:38 AM
the more Pacheco doesn't play the better he becomes. He's turning into a cross between Maradonna Pele Messi and the holy fucking grail.

Offline Red Zeppelin

• Kopite
« Reply #53 on: June 8, 2011, 12:14:07 pm »
Should just put that at the top of the forum and close the bloody place down.

haha!    That Aqualani thread just send me under
Quote from: kdorg on Today at 02:09:38 AM
the more Pacheco doesn't play the better he becomes. He's turning into a cross between Maradonna Pele Messi and the holy fucking grail.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #54 on: June 8, 2011, 12:45:22 pm »
Should just put that at the top of the forum and close the bloody place down.

;D

Posted a deep seated and subconscious truth by accident.

Offline Trim0582

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: June 8, 2011, 01:59:22 pm »
They are married now. Slapped him about a few times for it but get on really well now. He is better off with her and vice versa. Was hard at the time but looking back, it was something that turned both of their lives into something good. He's a good husband, father and brother. And im happy for them.

Is your brother Ryan Giggs? Wait that super-injuction stuffs been lifted now hasn't it? :D

Sir H, I really don't know how you move passed a betrayal like that, it's great you have such a pragmatic view about it now

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: June 8, 2011, 02:06:28 pm »
Is your brother Ryan Giggs? Wait that super-injuction stuffs been lifted now hasn't it? :D

Sir H, I really don't know how you move passed a betrayal like that, it's great you have such a pragmatic view about it now

Mate, ive lost everything almost, life is far too short to keep pissing it about with grudges etc. He is a good man and he looks after my ex and also my daughter now lives with him. She is in safe hands and that is whats keeps me vaguely sane. If she wasnt, id kill him ;)

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: June 8, 2011, 02:38:03 pm »
What the fuck is going on here lads?

Spoiler
[close]

Offline chillin247

• Main Stander
  • Addicted to Red.
« Reply #58 on: June 8, 2011, 02:39:26 pm »
I broke up with my girlfriend of 3 years about 7 months back.  It was a hard decision because I still wanted to be with her, but she was having second thoughts.  In the end I knew that it would be much better in the long run to end things then and there rather than letting it drag on and eventually die out.  To be honest with you, I have never been happier than the last 5/6 months, sure, I was a little bummed after the initial break-up, but I got over it pretty quickly and started meeting new people.  Now I'm with a girl who's much nicer, has a better personality AND is a lot hotter :D.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should break-up with her.  I'm just saying that if it were to come to that, then all it does is essentially open a lot of closed doors (especially at your age) ;)
« Last Edit: June 8, 2011, 02:41:41 pm by chillin247 »

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #59 on: June 8, 2011, 04:22:35 pm »
I was a little bummed after the initial break-up

Was it by her dad? heavy that mate?
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
  • Always look on the bright side of life
« Reply #60 on: June 8, 2011, 04:27:50 pm »
Was it by her dad? heavy that mate?

:lmao
"When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along." - Bill Shankly

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #61 on: June 8, 2011, 04:35:46 pm »
Get her pregnant, that'll keep you together..

Seriously though,

Try not to let it be all consuming mate, it feels like the end of the world at the moment but things happen for a reason and if you are meant to be together it will work itself out.

If it doesn't then it's her loss,you can put this down to experience and I'm sure you will meet the right girl for you in time to come.

From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline lafuriaroja

• Kopite
  • Bazinga!
« Reply #62 on: June 8, 2011, 04:40:34 pm »
When I was 18, the girl I had been dating for a year and a half broke up with me and it felt absolutely awful. We did the same things it sounds like you're doing now- took a break for a week or two, broke up, got back together, broke up again. I thought there was no way I'd ever find anyone else who would be as good for me or I would enjoy being with as much as I did with her. It hurt a lot for a few weeks, but eventually I got over it.

Fast forward to now, I'm getting married in just about two weeks to a woman who's 1000x a better fit for me than was the girl I was dating when I was 18. Plus, she's about 100x fitter, has a bigger rack, and is a much better person.

Moral of the story- the girl you're dating at 18 is very, very rarely the right one. If it's not going well, break it off and don't look back.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2011, 04:48:54 pm by lafuriaroja »
"I think Jose should have brought a double decker rather than the mini bus."

Offline JimmyGrunt

• Transgender Asylum Seeker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: June 8, 2011, 04:43:41 pm »
she's about 100x fitter, has a bigger rack, and is much better person.

BOLLOCKS!!  ;D
PSN ID = JimmyGrunt

Yea mate just put your sky box on top of the fridge, put an egg in the microwave then wave your satalite dish around on the roof worked for me lad.

Offline NottinghamRed

• Prisoner Of His Own Hormones
  • Main Stander
« Reply #64 on: June 8, 2011, 04:57:45 pm »
Ok lads update.

We`ve split up, but i dont feel too bad about it, the way she said it made some sort of sense that shes gotta lot of shit coming up soon (her and her family are about to move into a pub and run it and she`ll be manager) she said she would like to get back with me one day and that she does love me but she needs to live abit more and have to worry abit less ( she`s not going to go fuck around :P)

also got a lass`s number who i work with today and we plan on getting smashed hahaha.

I also said to my ex that i still think we should see eachother and im not going to be mardy or emo or guilt trip her into getting back with me. were just gunna have fun and enjoy eachothers company and see where we are at in 6 months to a years time.

i dont know what`ll happen but chances are we will get back together.
Atleast i dont feel bad i was in pieces yesterday (probs cos i knew it was coming)

I would like to thank you all for your support, suggestions and making me laugh your all top blokes.

I`ll be sure to let you guys know what happens, i`m sure this has been a riveting tale :P

Heres a pic of me and her from two days ago dnno why i`m attaching this but i am lol
« Last Edit: June 8, 2011, 05:04:02 pm by NottinghamRed »

Offline stevenl

• Kopite
« Reply #65 on: June 8, 2011, 04:59:32 pm »
Wow. Just wow.

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: June 8, 2011, 05:00:38 pm »
Is there a face. I didnt make it that far up.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #67 on: June 8, 2011, 05:04:44 pm »
Ok lads update.

We`ve split up, but i dont feel too bad about it, the way she said it made some sort of sense that shes gotta lot of shit coming up soon (her and her family are about to move into a pub and run it and she`ll be manager) she said she would like to get back with me one day and that she does love me but she needs to live abit more and have to worry abit less ( she`s not going to go fuck around :P)

also got a lass`s number who i work with today and we plan on getting smashed hahaha.

I also said to my ex that i still think we should see eachother and im not going to be mardy or emo or guilt trip her into getting back with me. were just gunna have fun and enjoy eachothers company and see where we are at in 6 months to a years time.

Atleast i dont feel bad i was in pieces yesterday (probs cos i knew it was coming)

I would like to thank you all for your support, suggestions and making me laugh your all top blokes.

I`ll be sure to let you guys know what happens, i`m sure this has been a riveting tale :P

Heres a pic of me and her from two days ago dnno why i`m attaching this but i am lol

Good luck!

You have your whole life ahead of you. You should tweet Richard Keys - he'll give you advice on smashing the back doors in.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: June 8, 2011, 05:12:07 pm »
Wow. Just wow.

Damn, I missed it  :butt

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: June 8, 2011, 05:26:01 pm »

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: June 8, 2011, 05:27:15 pm »
"WHAT?"

Judgin' by previous posts I am assumin' there was a picture of a beaut at some point in the recent past.

Edit: perhaps I have just copped on to what you said haw haw

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: June 8, 2011, 05:28:56 pm »
That you have big bald beery Texan.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: June 8, 2011, 05:31:37 pm »
That you have big bald beery Texan.

I'm a tad slow off the mark today  :D

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: June 8, 2011, 05:45:30 pm »
Been in a similar boat mate, was in a relationship at 18 with a girl and was infatuated with her at the time and she suggested a break, you agree thinking that it will sort everything, it does fuck all and in the end she finished me. I was distraught at the time but 2 months on I was over her and looked back on it and saw that she was a bit of twat really and didn't treat me with the same respect, the things you don't notice when your really into someone.

Looking back now, I just chalk down as an experience and can say it's made me learn a few things, made me more of a cynical bugger an all ;D it's hard because when it's happening to you, ye think it's the end of world.

Good luck with what you decide, personally I'd bite the bullet now (easier said than done) and stop you prolonging any agony for another few weeks/months.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #74 on: June 8, 2011, 06:30:32 pm »
18? FFS. Sow your oats.
I met and starting seeing Debs when we were both 17 and now we are 40 and still in as much love as we ever were.....;D
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline NottinghamRed

• Prisoner Of His Own Hormones
  • Main Stander
« Reply #75 on: June 8, 2011, 06:35:12 pm »
lucky c*nt :P not even any turbulance on the way?

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: June 8, 2011, 06:35:34 pm »
Ok lads update.

I met Debs when we were 17 and we are still together now some 23 years later but we are the exception to the rule. You are still young enough to have loads of fun and plenty of different experiences with different women. It does hurt though and the best way to get over that hurt is to move on and move on quickly.....best of luck!!!
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: June 8, 2011, 06:37:08 pm »
lucky c*nt :P not even any turbulance on the way?
There have been low points and high points but nothing major....we always have a rule that we never go to bed not speaking and making up is always much more fun than arguing...

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: June 8, 2011, 06:38:22 pm »
There have been low points and high points but nothing major....we always have a rule that we never go to bed not speaking and making up is always much more fun than arguing...

Is it. ? Im doing it wrong Jase.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: June 8, 2011, 06:40:15 pm »
Is it. ? Im doing it wrong Jase.
I have never been much for arguing and half way through a fight I would always ask for a cuddle. Drives her mad but makes her smile at the same time. I pretty much don't win arguments though as it easier to let her think she has won ;) ;D