Author Topic: Gulleysucker's 'well I never knew that' thread  (Read 338914 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Gulleysucker's 'well I never knew that' thread
« Reply #2720 on: February 16, 2022, 12:46:11 pm »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2721 on: February 16, 2022, 04:11:58 pm »
Only just noticed you can re-size the quick-reply box on RAWK.  Dunno if it's Chrome only or whether it's specific to the skin, but how have I never noticed that little icon in the bottom corner before?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2722 on: February 16, 2022, 04:18:42 pm »
Only just noticed you can re-size the quick-reply box on RAWK.  Dunno if it's Chrome only or whether it's specific to the skin, but how have I never noticed that little icon in the bottom corner before?

Fucking hell, never knew that either.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #2723 on: February 16, 2022, 05:03:56 pm »
Fucking hell, never knew that either.

I don't either.  Just tried it on Safari - it works.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #2724 on: February 16, 2022, 09:10:15 pm »
What's wrong with like a plain skull and crossbones or everton flag?

If anywhere needed a sign saying "this place is not a place of honour…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here...."
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #2725 on: February 17, 2022, 11:44:32 am »

Love the opera gloves, T.

Ben Johnno:

Diaz: 8
He looks magical. Just a breath of fresh air and a complete kick in the bollocks for opposition teams to see him jog on looking surprisingly tall and hard with his short sleeves on, the mad c*nt. Is Columbia freezing on the sly? Seriously?

Milner: 7
Come on and plodded about a bit, left one on someone. Would have liked him to volley that Mohican bellends Mohican clean off his kite.

(In addition to the factoids, I'm adding some Scouse humour for  Rawkites of a certain age. Hopefully, Gulley approves.)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 03:02:04 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #2726 on: February 22, 2022, 10:51:52 am »
I had never heard of a perfect hat trick (left foot, right foot, header) of own goals before.

USA ladies played NZ in Texas a couple of days ago and a NZ defender managed this feat in the first half alone. First was a regular defender error, ball comes across and she sticks a foot out. Ball comes off her foot wrong and ends up in the net. Second was just bad luck, she is marking her attacker who gives a glancing header to the back post. Ball then slams into her head and bobbles into the goal. Third was equally typical for a central defender. Winger passes the ball fast across the goal from the near post, defender is flat footed and it just hits her in the leg and bobbles into the goal.

Player was Meikalyla Moore and actually plays for Liverpool Ladies and is apparently a great player who had the worst of possible days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE5IAJ4vegY
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 12:02:38 pm by AndyInVA »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2727 on: February 22, 2022, 11:12:19 am »
I've never heard if a natural hat trick either. What is it?

What you've described is a 'perfect' hat trick.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #2728 on: February 22, 2022, 12:01:40 pm »
I've never heard if a natural hat trick either. What is it?

What you've described is a 'perfect' hat trick.

Thanks. I changed it. Not sure what I was thinking.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2729 on: February 28, 2022, 11:10:39 am »
A natural hat trick is a North American ice hockey term to describe 3 consecutive goals by one player.
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2730 on: March 2, 2022, 12:41:08 am »
As Freddy King's biggest fan, I love Keith Emerson absolutely crucifying Hideaway.

I can't stop replaying it

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PMuePyV1nr8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PMuePyV1nr8</a>
« Last Edit: March 2, 2022, 12:45:58 am by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2731 on: March 8, 2022, 08:29:06 am »
 Tenterhooks.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2732 on: March 17, 2022, 10:58:57 pm »
I never knew that Nestle owned Ralph Lauren

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2733 on: March 17, 2022, 11:27:55 pm »

It’s why The Milky Bar Kid is always so well dressed.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #2734 on: March 21, 2022, 09:42:30 am »
Alopecia doesn’t affect grey hair cos of the pigmentation.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #2735 on: March 21, 2022, 09:43:52 am »
Hes quite private though isn’t he. That’s why he’s never been spotted at Loch Ness

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2736 on: March 21, 2022, 04:15:42 pm »
Sipping water is more refreshing and better for you!

https://www.totalsoftwater.com/2021/03/water-intake-benefits/

I notice this myself. When I'm thirsty, if I down a pint of water then it's strangely unsatisfying. When I take small sips it's much nicer and I feel a lot more refreshed.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #2737 on: March 22, 2022, 11:48:53 am »
Liverpool had the world's first integrated sewerage system.

In the first half of the 19th century, as the city expanded rapidly to accommodate a huge population explosion, Liverpool was considered one of the most unsanitary and deadly places to live on the planet and by 1848 the average life expectancy was just 19 years, with an infant mortality rate of 1 in 4. Cholera was a constant threat, with outbreaks killing hundreds, sometimes thousands, at a time. Human waste was deposited into cess pits, which were generally poorly constructed and leaked filthy effluent into groundwater supplies.

The council - comprised of titled landowners, wealthy businessmen and merchants - did little to relieve the problem. It was only when the shipping magnates began pressuring the council that action was taken. And the shipping companies weren't being benevolent; the reputation of disease-riddled Liverpool saw ships arriving from here quarantined for 40 days by American ports if there was a hint of illness on board. Only when the wealthy city grandees began to lose money from inactive, quarantined ships did they act.

Most of the renowned engineers of the age had been snapped up by the burgeoning rail companies, so Liverpool turned to Scottish engineer and architect James Newlands. 3 separate Acts of Parliament were passed to allow the city to 1) construct a sewerage system; 2) purchase of all the private water supply companies that had appeared (and were badly overcharging); and 3) buy up an existing reservoir at Rivington, construct two more reservoirs, and pipe the water to Liverpool (this was augmented by the Vyrnwy project).

He started in 1848 by having the most detailed map of the city drawn, detailing every contour with 3,000 geodetical observations. In the following 11 years, he built 86 miles of sewer; by 1869, there were over 300 miles of sewage system in the city. Construction on the famed London sewage & water system only began in 1859.

He designed the sewage 'pipes' (they were made of brick) to be shaped like an inverted egg (narrow part at the bottom) to keep water flow higher, in order to better flush through the effluent.

By the time Newlands retired as Borough Engineer in 1871, life expectancy in Liverpool had more than doubled to 38.

During his time in Liverpool, he also proposed a ring road (eventually, his successor built Queens Drive - the country's first purpose-built ring-road), and he also took time out to answer a request from the Government to become 'Sanitary Commissioner' to the British forces in Crimea suffering from 'pestilence' during the Siege of Sevastopol (Florence Nightingale wrote a letter of thanks afterwards)
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #2738 on: March 24, 2022, 07:32:01 am »
Rangers Celtic Hibs and Hearts, the four most famous clubs in Scotland (sorry Aberdeen) have all made it to the semi finals of the Scottish Cup. It's the first time in its history that's ever happened.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2739 on: March 24, 2022, 08:04:42 am »
Rangers Celtic Hibs and Hearts, the four most famous clubs in Scotland (sorry Aberdeen) have all made it to the semi finals of the Scottish Cup. It's the first time in its history that's ever happened.

Aberdeen are much more famour than Hearts and Hibs.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2740 on: March 24, 2022, 10:28:14 am »
Aberdeen are much more famour than Hearts and Hibs.

Probably the better way of saying it is all 4 teams from the two biggest cities
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2741 on: March 24, 2022, 10:34:36 am »
Probably the better way of saying it is all 4 teams from the two biggest cities

Partick Thistle would have a problem with that.  ;D

The 2 biggest teams from the 2 biggest cities.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2742 on: March 24, 2022, 10:59:57 am »

Forgot about them 😂
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2743 on: March 24, 2022, 12:45:11 pm »

Come on the Thistle!
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2744 on: March 24, 2022, 12:46:36 pm »
Come on the Thistle!

That SoS going for a nature walk again? ;)

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2745 on: March 24, 2022, 12:47:01 pm »
Come on the Thistle!

Down with that sort of thing.

Big game at Rugby Park on Saturday: Ayrshire`s finest versus the Maryhill Shithouses.

`Mon the Killie!
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #2746 on: March 24, 2022, 01:02:58 pm »
There's a field of combined science and semiotics devoted to working out how to warn future civilisations not to dig up any nuclear waste we bury.

The main idea is to come up with signs we think can be universally understood and combine them with hostile architecture (massive concrete spikes, a gigantic slab of granite etc.) to convey that, quote, "this place is not a place of honour... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here."

Imagine all those things we have excavated and assumed they were places to honour the dead, like the pyramids, were actually nuclear waste dumps
YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2747 on: March 24, 2022, 02:03:35 pm »
Down with that sort of thing.

Big game at Rugby Park on Saturday: Ayrshire`s finest versus the Maryhill Shithouses.

`Mon the Killie!

Wasn’t Taggart from Maryhill?

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #2748 on: March 24, 2022, 02:30:00 pm »
Turns out the fastest route between two points isn’t a straight line.It’s an isochronous curve. If gravity is involved of course!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBc827pwKf0
YNWA

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2749 on: April 3, 2022, 11:11:36 am »
This lad's amazing.

It kicks off at 1:35

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mJZ4zd7Acq0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mJZ4zd7Acq0</a>
Kill the humourless

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #2750 on: April 4, 2022, 05:49:33 pm »
This lad's amazing.

It kicks off at 1:35

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mJZ4zd7Acq0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mJZ4zd7Acq0</a>

Interesting. That is a first for me to see some cutesy white girls as back up singers for something truly African.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #2751 on: April 4, 2022, 08:13:47 pm »
If you lived on a planet orbiting a star near the centre of the Galaxy IC 1101 ( 100 trillion stars and 6 light years across ), you would not know that the rest of the Universe existed.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2752 on: April 4, 2022, 08:29:51 pm »
Americans don't traditionally eat big chocolate Easter eggs like us.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #2753 on: April 5, 2022, 01:37:05 am »
Americans don't traditionally eat big chocolate Easter eggs like us.

Right. Totally an English thing. I have to order mine for the kids from UK.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2754 on: April 5, 2022, 06:22:34 am »

No it isn't. Other countries do it too.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2755 on: April 5, 2022, 08:22:04 am »

No it isn't. Other countries do it too.

Scotland checking in too....

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2756 on: April 5, 2022, 08:29:52 am »
Scotland checking in too....

Do you deep fry yours? 😉

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2757 on: April 5, 2022, 09:35:30 am »
Do you deep fry yours? 😉

You daft racist.

He melts it on the foil and injects it.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2758 on: April 5, 2022, 09:39:14 am »
Do you deep fry yours? 😉

I prefer my eggs soft boiled.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #2759 on: April 5, 2022, 12:13:35 pm »
You daft racist.

He melts it on the foil and injects it.
:lmao
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.