Author Topic: Doctor Who **USE SPOILER TAGS PLEASE**  (Read 349436 times)

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Re: Doctor Who **USE SPOILER TAGS PLEASE**
« Reply #5360 on: May 8, 2022, 03:29:47 pm »
Looks good him.
:D

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #5361 on: May 8, 2022, 04:06:48 pm »

"Dr.Who isn't African he just isn't.Just more woke bullshit and I'm going to stop paying my TV license  :no :butt :no"

Or something like that  ;D

Something like that.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5362 on: May 8, 2022, 04:36:02 pm »
Cracking young actor and, yet, a slightly left field choice.

If he's given good material he will do well. Best of luck to him.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5363 on: May 8, 2022, 05:17:59 pm »
Feels a bit more like the casting of early new who, somebody who has had a significant role before, but still isn't too mainstream. Hopefully he gets the writing he needs to be considered a success as recent times it has not been the Doctor that has been the weak link in the show, but rather the showrunner.

Regardless of anyone's or anygammon's feelings on the casting, I am sure that both would agree that things could have been much worse if Stephen Colbert hadn't been joking:

https://twitter.com/StephenAtHome/status/1519799462926848000

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5364 on: May 8, 2022, 05:42:56 pm »
He is the best actor in Sex Education in my opinion. Good pick.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #5365 on: May 8, 2022, 05:48:41 pm »
He is the best actor in Sex Education in my opinion. Good pick.

Yep, saw this news just now - I don't watch Doctor Who but I'm pleased for Ncuti Gatwa, who has been a joy to watch during three seasons of Sex Education.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #5366 on: May 9, 2022, 08:05:16 am »
I'm guessing from the previous few posts( and with hindsight the name), that the guy isn't white.
I'd like to think the demographic that makes up the majority of whovians couldn't care less.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #5367 on: May 9, 2022, 01:11:04 pm »

"Dr.Who isn't African he just isn't.Just more woke bullshit and I'm going to stop paying my TV license  :no :butt :no"

"I didn't vote for Brexit just to get a black Doctor Who. I'm not racist, but..."

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #5368 on: May 15, 2022, 11:27:02 pm »
David Tennant and Catherine Tate have been confirmed for the 60th anniversary show next year
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5369 on: July 14, 2022, 07:02:51 pm »
Has anyone heard the doctor who redacted podcast? Or is it tv only in here?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #5370 on: October 8, 2022, 10:10:17 pm »

'The Power of the Doctor | TRAILER | Doctor Who':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FxaDzBPBuP8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FxaDzBPBuP8</a>

^ I don’t want it to end...” Her final battle - coming Sunday 23rd October.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5371 on: October 11, 2022, 11:00:49 pm »
They had a screening tonight so expect spoilers to start turning up.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5372 on: October 23, 2022, 09:10:40 pm »
Good to see them going for a complete reboot.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #5373 on: October 23, 2022, 09:17:49 pm »
That was actually a pretty fun episode, the dude playing The Master absolutely carried it, he was brilliant, just full ham.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5374 on: October 23, 2022, 09:21:36 pm »
No idea what was going on, but then I tapped out of it a long while back. The acting from the old companions was fucking hilariously awful.

I did like the little counselling session for them all though.
AHA!

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5375 on: October 23, 2022, 09:27:41 pm »
Always interesting to see the old characters who don't come back for episodes like that.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #5376 on: October 23, 2022, 09:30:36 pm »
Yeah that one was fun.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5377 on: October 23, 2022, 09:43:32 pm »
LOL it was total bonkers that didn't make a lick of sense.  So pretty much on par with previous regeneration episodes. Loved it.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #5378 on: October 23, 2022, 09:55:07 pm »
Paul McGann has probably had more screen time in his cameos than he ever got during his main run :P

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5379 on: October 23, 2022, 10:04:34 pm »
Always interesting to see the old characters who don't come back for episodes like that.

Spoiler
I wonder how much of that was to try and keep the Tennant return a surprise? No other reason why Capaldi/Smith wouldn't be there except ££££s. In terms of the modern companions, it'd only be Martha who'd be alive/remember wouldn't it?
[close]

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5380 on: October 23, 2022, 10:39:50 pm »
LOL it was total bonkers that didn't make a lick of sense.  So pretty much on par with previous regeneration episodes. Loved it.

Definitely one of the best regenerations.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5381 on: October 23, 2022, 10:43:16 pm »
Spoiler
I wonder how much of that was to try and keep the Tennant return a surprise? No other reason why Capaldi/Smith wouldn't be there except ££££s. In terms of the modern companions, it'd only be Martha who'd be alive/remember wouldn't it?
[close]

Spoiler
They could bring Rose back,he promised that he would find a way didn't he ?[\spoiler]
[close]

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5382 on: October 23, 2022, 11:31:45 pm »
Absolutely loved that. Saved the best til last for Jodie.

Spoiler
Loved seeing all the old companions, didn’t even know the chap who played Ian was still alive! Didn’t think the story as a whole was too bad either if a little bonkers. They kept the appearances of the doctors quiet, well I hadn’t heard anything.

I did guess about the regen to David Tennant, just thought as he and Donna are back for next years 60th they might go back to him before Ncuti arrives.
[close]

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5383 on: October 23, 2022, 11:33:22 pm »
No idea what was going on, but then I tapped out of it a long while back. The acting from the old companions was fucking hilariously awful.

I did like the little counselling session for them all though.

Yep loved that short bit with them all at the end.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #5384 on: October 26, 2022, 12:54:39 am »
Disney Plus have bought the rights from 2023 in all countries outside the UK and Ireland and will simulcast with BBC.

Must be paying a pretty penny.
:D

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5385 on: October 26, 2022, 10:28:52 pm »
I'm no talent scout, but even I could see how badly they acted compared to the rest of the cast. In fairness, had they been dragged out of retirement for these roles?

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #5386 on: October 27, 2022, 11:32:10 am »
It’s like an honour thing, isn’t it? They’re part of the Doctor Who family. I’d guess most of them don’t act much these days, but still great to see them. If only Nicola Bryant had turned up…
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5387 on: October 27, 2022, 11:41:16 am »
It’s like an honour thing, isn’t it? They’re part of the Doctor Who family. I’d guess most of them don’t act much these days, but still great to see them. If only Nicola Bryant had turned up…
Think the last time I saw her on screen was in a direct line advert years ago. Got my picture taken with her back in the day. I’d forgotten all about it but my mum mentioned she’d been looking through some old photos at the weekend and found it

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5388 on: October 27, 2022, 11:43:16 am »
Think the last time I saw her on screen was in a direct line advert years ago. Got my picture taken with her back in the day. I’d forgotten all about it but my mum mentioned she’d been looking through some old photos at the weekend and found it

Lucky you!

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #5389 on: October 27, 2022, 12:04:32 pm »

There's not a lot of the classic series companions who went on to have even middling acting careers really, are there? I don't think a lot of them were hired for their talent, more so that there was 'something for dad' on screen, certainly from the 70s onward... Off the top of my head, I think I only ever saw Louise Jameson - Leela, opposite Tom Baker - in anything else of any note (Eastenders).

I didn't mind this special at all, even though the 'big enemy team up' stories tend to be underwhelming. I enjoyed the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Doctors finally getting some official screen time in the new series, although why they all look older when the 1st Doctor is the 'same age' will have to be one of those Who mysteries.

Given that they've established it with the 1st Doctor, I wouldn't mind them recasting the 2nd and 3rd Doctors now, either. I guess you could just throw Sean Pertwee in there if he wanted to do it, and there are enough Troughtons about, one of them must have a resemblance.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5390 on: October 27, 2022, 01:06:16 pm »
There's not a lot of the classic series companions who went on to have even middling acting careers really, are there? I don't think a lot of them were hired for their talent, more so that there was 'something for dad' on screen, certainly from the 70s onward... Off the top of my head, I think I only ever saw Louise Jameson - Leela, opposite Tom Baker - in anything else of any note (Eastenders).

I didn't mind this special at all, even though the 'big enemy team up' stories tend to be underwhelming. I enjoyed the 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Doctors finally getting some official screen time in the new series, although why they all look older when the 1st Doctor is the 'same age' will have to be one of those Who mysteries.

Given that they've established it with the 1st Doctor, I wouldn't mind them recasting the 2nd and 3rd Doctors now, either. I guess you could just throw Sean Pertwee in there if he wanted to do it, and there are enough Troughtons about, one of them must have a resemblance.
Don’t forget Frazer Hines in Emmerdale! And Bonnie Langford was already Bonnie Langford. And I think William Russell (who was back at the age of 97 as Iain!) was in Corrie. But you’re spot on really hardly any of them are known for anything else.
I loved seeing all them back and the doctors (despite the age thing not really being explainable - who cares it’s Doctor Who it’s timey-wimey magic)

Also holding out hope that they’ll re cast the third doctor with Sean at some point if he’s up for it. I think one of the Troughton’s played a part in one of the Jon Pertwee stories and wasnt that snivelling Piers from the New Statesman one his boys? No idea what they look like these days

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #5391 on: October 27, 2022, 01:11:01 pm »
So is it a myth or actually real that they have to drag up the tired ass Daleks and Cybermen all the time? it now usually leads me to hitting the channel button

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5392 on: October 27, 2022, 01:19:44 pm »
It’s always been rumoured (with the Daleks/Nation at least), but I don’t think it was ever confirmed.

I just think it’s a lack of creativity to be honest, apart from The Weeping Angels, I can’t really recall any enemies from the new Who that have really landed and stuck around.
AHA!

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5393 on: October 27, 2022, 01:24:49 pm »
I think they are guilty of over using them more recently. But as mentioned above I’m fairly sure there is a contract with the Terry Nation estate that the Daleks have to be used in each series.

I thought they could have made better use of the Silence, they looked fairly menacing. But ideally none should return that regularly, as it dilutes the impact

Offline gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #5394 on: October 27, 2022, 01:30:45 pm »
Oh yeah, The Silence were a decent creation too. One of the best things Moffatt could do was create a story arc enemy.
AHA!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5395 on: October 27, 2022, 11:19:00 pm »
Fun fact: the woman playing Tegan Jovanka was Paul McGann's agent in the 90s, and told him to go for the role of the 8th Doctor.

Personally, I didn't think their acting was that bad, but clearly they're no Elizabeth Sladen.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5396 on: October 29, 2022, 09:50:11 am »
Poor Elizabeth. My kids loved her spin-off show. It was their Who gateway drug.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #5397 on: October 29, 2022, 02:30:23 pm »
I'd heard that Disney had bought the rights to stream Dr Who on Disney+ outside of the UK, but the Telegraph are now reporting that part of the deal involves hugely boosting the production budgets.

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing to be honest.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5398 on: October 29, 2022, 04:37:46 pm »
Surely it's a just a case that Disney+ paying for world wide (except UK) rights just means the BBC/Bad Wolf are just getting a sizable increase in what they got previously without having to sell it individually to other countries/regions thus meaning more cash going into the show. And hopefully meaning in future years we're not seeing the show take a years break to effectively save money.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #5399 on: October 29, 2022, 05:37:48 pm »
Surely it's a just a case that Disney+ paying for world wide (except UK) rights just means the BBC/Bad Wolf are just getting a sizable increase in what they got previously without having to sell it individually to other countries/regions thus meaning more cash going into the show. And hopefully meaning in future years we're not seeing the show take a years break to effectively save money.

Potentially, but it could be a step towards Disney meddling in the show.

Time will tell.