Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1046278 times)

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
Re: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition
« Reply #9600 on: September 9, 2022, 05:25:07 pm »
Didn’t see his name in the list, but personally think David Croft (Sky F1 race commentator) is quality.
Despises Hamilton and thinks David “Crofty” Croft is quality.  I don’t think our views on F1 could be any more opposed  :D

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9601 on: September 9, 2022, 05:35:39 pm »
Despises Hamilton and thinks David “Crofty” Croft is quality.  I don’t think our views on F1 could be any more opposed  :D

Haha all good that mate. If everyone likes the same the world would be a boring place. 😀

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9602 on: September 9, 2022, 11:29:37 pm »
Just read about that. Abu Dhabi’s talksport mouth piece is one of the most vile people in the media. Surely he will be sacked now.

He is by far and away the most annoying person on the radio, the single voice I cannot listen to 1 second of. Even if its a game, I hear him and off it goes.
TalkSport don't care who they have on and what they've done. He was calling us bin dippers not that long ago too. They might drop him for a bit but he'll be back. Just like Saunders when he was done for drink driving

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9603 on: September 9, 2022, 11:36:07 pm »
Sinclair is Danny Mills level of gobshitery. Both among the worst you can get if you ignore Richard Keys. If you include Keys then there'll never be any contest.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9604 on: September 14, 2022, 05:26:57 pm »
Didi Hamman eh. Always seems so down on us. He was on RTE last night saying that "fully expects Ajax to get something from the game". Sounded quite disappointed afterward too.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #9605 on: September 14, 2022, 05:36:21 pm »
He's lost the plot

Gary Neville@GNev2
I keep saying it but the quicker we get the Regulator in the better. US investment into English football is a clear and present danger to the pyramid and fabric of the game. They just don’t get it and think differently. They also don’t stop till they get what they want!

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #9606 on: September 14, 2022, 05:47:06 pm »
Sinclair is Danny Mills level of gobshitery. Both among the worst you can get if you ignore Richard Keys. If you include Keys then there'll never be any contest.

Richard Keys infamous tweet never get's old, Everton have not been the same since[& the Ev were just as bad before the tweet too ;D]. :lmao
#Sausages

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9607 on: September 14, 2022, 10:01:32 pm »
He's lost the plot

Gary Neville@GNev2
I keep saying it but the quicker we get the Regulator in the better. US investment into English football is a clear and present danger to the pyramid and fabric of the game. They just don’t get it and think differently. They also don’t stop till they get what they want!

He pretends he's some kind of saviour of football whereas in reality he's just a mercenary. Get rid of US investments, but bring in investments from human rights abusing sports washers, but only to Man Utd. That's what he wants
I suppose thats in relation to what the Chelsea fella said. If they want a real football man's take on it, read Klopp's comments

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #9608 on: September 14, 2022, 10:07:22 pm »
He's lost the plot

Gary Neville@GNev2
Yeah Garry the problem with the English game is U.S. money/owners and not the fact people like Abu Dhabi and Saudi are just able to waltz in.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9609 on: September 15, 2022, 09:53:51 am »
Kloppo's pal Agbonglahor this morning, he was asked about Jack Grealish and his nothing contribution and his response was pathetic. He loves Grealish, he's said he can be as good as Iniesta, Englands best player bla bla. He doesn't look at the stats he looks at his performances with his own eyes, which is probably worse. But, it's hard for Jack at City, because last Dortmund played "with 10 buses behind the ball". Team sit back.  Sorry but, isn't that precisely the reason City paid 100 million quid for him ? For that exact reason. Klopp was right, what a tube

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9610 on: September 15, 2022, 04:33:08 pm »
Im starting to think that rat boy is being paid by the sportwashers.   

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9611 on: September 15, 2022, 05:56:36 pm »
Kloppo's pal Agbonglahor this morning, he was asked about Jack Grealish and his nothing contribution and his response was pathetic. He loves Grealish, he's said he can be as good as Iniesta, Englands best player bla bla. He doesn't look at the stats he looks at his performances with his own eyes, which is probably worse. But, it's hard for Jack at City, because last Dortmund played "with 10 buses behind the ball". Team sit back.  Sorry but, isn't that precisely the reason City paid 100 million quid for him ? For that exact reason. Klopp was right, what a tube

He’s unreal. Was laying into graham potter yesterday and trying to give him tactical advice

- just play 4/3/3, keep it ‘simple’

- logical for having to play koulibaly and forfana, as you’ve ‘paid a lot of money for them’

Football punditry nowadays is absolutely dreadful. Im not saying you have to be the best of the best to have an opinion but fuck me.

Hasselbaink was struggling to manage a side but still appearing on tv each week trying to pretend he knows what he’s talking about. Imagine how infuriating that was for burton fans
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 05:58:08 pm by bird_lfc »

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #9612 on: September 18, 2022, 08:25:12 am »
So according to Micah Richards, the solution to Wolves’ problems is to get Costa back ASAP. You know, the same Costa that’s not yet played a second for them.
AHA!

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9613 on: September 19, 2022, 10:17:06 am »

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9614 on: September 20, 2022, 08:57:38 pm »
Heard Danny Mills talking about the England goalkeeper spot. He says Pickford is unquestionably number one, with one of the reasons being that he is "streets ahead of the rest of them with his ability with ball at his feet"
I guess Pope and Ramsdale aren't capable of whacking the ball as hard as they can anytime it comes near them, because that's all I've ever seen Pickford do.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9615 on: September 20, 2022, 10:05:20 pm »
What happened to Gordon Strachan. He was everywhere for abit then disappeared and seems to be back with BT for Scottish sides in Europe.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9616 on: September 20, 2022, 10:18:42 pm »
What happened to Gordon Strachan. He was everywhere for abit then disappeared and seems to be back with BT for Scottish sides in Europe.
Fighting lengthy lawsuits against all those manufacturers who used his likeness when making troll dolls?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #9617 on: September 25, 2022, 01:42:04 pm »
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #9618 on: September 25, 2022, 01:48:23 pm »
Saw someone on Twitter describe him as "commentating on every game as if he was watching Schindler's List."
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9619 on: September 25, 2022, 07:24:33 pm »
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mark-lawrenson-bbc-axed-me-because-im-a-65-year-old-white-male-b6xxvrzqm

https://archive.ph/WADQG

Lawro claiming he was "sacked" by the BBC as he was 65 and a white male!

Pundits are actually kept on far too long as it is. Lawrenson stopped playing in the 80s and was a failed manager in the late 80s/early 90s. He has no relevance to the modern game.

If he was still a good pundit then fair enough but he was always terrible anyway.

Is he supposed to stay on until death?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9620 on: September 25, 2022, 08:59:41 pm »
He’s unreal. Was laying into graham potter yesterday and trying to give him tactical advice

- just play 4/3/3, keep it ‘simple’

- logical for having to play koulibaly and forfana, as you’ve ‘paid a lot of money for them’

Football punditry nowadays is absolutely dreadful. Im not saying you have to be the best of the best to have an opinion but fuck me.

Hasselbaink was struggling to manage a side but still appearing on tv each week trying to pretend he knows what he’s talking about. Imagine how infuriating that was for burton fans
Why is it a prerequisite that you have to have played football in England to be a pundit?, there's lads down the pub that could dissect a game and give you a point by point tactical analysis, instead of trotting out the same clichés and bullshit, then having a giggle about it like fucking Shearer and Lineker, most football fans I know want proper analysis of the game, the teams and players, stats prior to and after the game, the likes of Tifo Football on YouTube make an absolute mockery of the "banter" punditry of Carragher, Ratboy et al, it's in need of a big shakeup, and I'm all in favour of diversity, but I honestly don't think introducing women as commentators has helped much either.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9621 on: September 25, 2022, 09:12:40 pm »
Why is it a prerequisite that you have to have played football in England to be a pundit?, there's lads down the pub that could dissect a game and give you a point by point tactical analysis, instead of trotting out the same clichés and bullshit, then having a giggle about it like fucking Shearer and Lineker, most football fans I know want proper analysis of the game, the teams and players, stats prior to and after the game, the likes of Tifo Football on YouTube make an absolute mockery of the "banter" punditry of Carragher, Ratboy et al, it's in need of a big shakeup, and I'm all in favour of diversity, but I honestly don't think introducing women as commentators has helped much either.

Totally agree with all of that on BT early European stages has likes of Laurens Horncastle and its a really good listen then later on you get the planks bought in.

I dont listen to much now as I cant stand em my wife used to say dont let them bother you ! My response was they arent bothering me as such but they are terrible at their job and paid lots for it.

On this site some lads/gals bring facts/stats to the table ol not everyone likes stats etc but its interesting food for thought.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #9622 on: September 25, 2022, 11:19:12 pm »
Probably because that's the way its always been in the U.K. so its just how it is I suppose. Sadly the likes of Sky, BT and the BBC know that the audience wants the shite banter ladden punditry and also they want that stuff to garner clicks/views online so its the road they have gone down.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9623 on: September 26, 2022, 01:20:52 am »
Pundits are actually kept on far too long as it is. Lawrenson stopped playing in the 80s and was a failed manager in the late 80s/early 90s. He has no relevance to the modern game.

If he was still a good pundit then fair enough but he was always terrible anyway.

Is he supposed to stay on until death?

He was dreadful. He dialled it in every week, was ill-informed, didn't understand anything about modern football, conveyed absolutely no passion for the game, and wasn't funny. Apart from that, yeah, it was because he was a 65 year old white male.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #9624 on: September 26, 2022, 08:44:14 am »
He dialled it in every week, was ill-informed, didn't understand anything about modern football, conveyed absolutely no passion for the game, and wasn't funny.

Martin tyler?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9625 on: September 26, 2022, 08:59:20 am »
He was dreadful. He dialled it in every week, was ill-informed, didn't understand anything about modern football, conveyed absolutely no passion for the game, and wasn't funny. Apart from that, yeah, it was because he was a 65 year old white male.

And yet when he did games on 5 Live he sounded like he was enjoying himself, and stopped trying to do the dad jokes. Quite weird.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9626 on: September 26, 2022, 09:03:53 am »

I think podcasts have shown pundits up for the phone it in clowns they are in general. The better ones, including some fan channels, give far better analysis than some ex player who'd rather be on the golf course. Either a failed manager (I.e. Lawrenson or Neville) or someone who couldn't be arsed to have a go (Carragher)..

It's why Neville got a big rep initially as he actually put some detail and effort in. Of course he's terrible now. Same with Andy Gray back in the day.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 09:08:25 am by Fromola »

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9627 on: September 26, 2022, 03:50:16 pm »
I think podcasts have shown pundits up for the phone it in clowns they are in general. The better ones, including some fan channels, give far better analysis than some ex player who'd rather be on the golf course. Either a failed manager (I.e. Lawrenson or Neville) or someone who couldn't be arsed to have a go (Carragher)..

It's why Neville got a big rep initially as he actually put some detail and effort in. Of course he's terrible now. Same with Andy Gray back in the day.
I'd take Andy Gray in a heartbeat over Ratboy and Carragher

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9628 on: September 26, 2022, 04:53:13 pm »
I'd take Andy Gray in a heartbeat over Ratboy and Carragher

I can't even listen to them. The same thing happened with Gray though, he got a good rep when Sky started but just turned into an arsehole, his agenda over Rafa was a disgrace, him and Keys have still gone all out out for him in his jobs since.

Neville is just a complete gobshite. He managed to reign himself in when he started but Carragher (and a successful Liverpool team) brought out the worst in him.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9629 on: September 26, 2022, 04:56:15 pm »
And yet when he did games on 5 Live he sounded like he was enjoying himself, and stopped trying to do the dad jokes. Quite weird.

He was definitely playing up to his reputation on MOTD
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9630 on: September 27, 2022, 08:57:24 am »
I've heard it said before that Danny Mills seems to have a problem with Trent. Listening to his latest bullox, he definitely does. He's a waste of a pick. He gets found out every single time. In a big game he's always caught. Has he seen him in CL finals, or league deciders, or against Man City, or against Barcelona or PSG or Bayern.
He then goes on about his defensive frailties and you can't take someone like that, and in the next sentence goes on a out Maguire who has to go and is in the team ?  He's a massive slabber that on boy

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9631 on: September 27, 2022, 09:40:19 am »
I suggest you dont listen to these people mate !

Mills a complete no mark slagging off a player who achieved more by the age of 20 than he did his whole career.

You have to laugh though companies are paying them probably good money to speak in cliches/pissed up pub talk.

Hopefully Trent quits the national team nobody can moan if he does as he is crap afterall 😉

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9632 on: October 3, 2022, 10:02:48 am »
Gary Neville. See him with the sprinklers yesterday. Its only a bit of water ya wee gobshite. Also, when Utd got 1 goal back, he was on about how some of their fans might regret leaving early. What on earth did he see in the first 60 mins of that match that made that even remotely believable.
While I'm on the subject of morons. Jamie O'Hara reckons Gabrielli for Arsenal had Emerson Royal in his pocket. First time I've ever heard a striker having a defender in their pocket

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #9633 on: October 3, 2022, 10:49:59 am »
Can’t seem to find the Garth thread.

He’s decided Thiago can’t run (I don’t have numbers to hand, but I’d willingly wager he puts in some of the highest numbers in our team) and is comparing him to Firmino for some reason

:lmao
AHA!

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9634 on: October 3, 2022, 12:31:28 pm »
Said about a year ago that Troy Deeney was nailed on to be a pundit, either on BBC or Soccer Saturday because he's "outspoken". And there he was last night on MOTD2 saying Haaland is as good as the original Ronaldo already. Muppet.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #9635 on: October 3, 2022, 02:16:35 pm »
Said about a year ago that Troy Deeney was nailed on to be a pundit, either on BBC or Soccer Saturday because he's "outspoken". And there he was last night on MOTD2 saying Haaland is as good as the original Ronaldo already. Muppet.
What, Did you think a new pundit was going to offer something different?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9636 on: October 3, 2022, 02:26:17 pm »

What I take from that is Troy Deeney has never watched one single minute of Ronaldo footage.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9637 on: October 3, 2022, 02:44:44 pm »
I've heard it said before that Danny Mills seems to have a problem with Trent. Listening to his latest bullox, he definitely does. He's a waste of a pick. He gets found out every single time. In a big game he's always caught. Has he seen him in CL finals, or league deciders, or against Man City, or against Barcelona or PSG or Bayern.
He then goes on about his defensive frailties and you can't take someone like that, and in the next sentence goes on a out Maguire who has to go and is in the team ?  He's a massive slabber that on boy

He's a bad bastard that Mills.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9638 on: October 3, 2022, 10:26:20 pm »

He’s decided Thiago can’t run (I don’t have numbers to hand, but I’d willingly wager he puts in some of the highest numbers in our team) and is comparing him to Firmino for some reason

He said that he is turning jogging into an art form

Mad fucker  :lmao

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #9639 on: October 4, 2022, 03:01:03 pm »

How this only got 28 supporters I will never know. I would love to know how much he gets paid to produce his team of the week.

I mean, we all know Mark is a chancer but being associated with Garth actually seems harsh on the lazy bastard

https://www.change.org/p/the-bbc-stop-taxes-being-spent-on-football-experts-mark-lawrenson-and-garth-crooks

Trossard? Haaland? Foden? Almiron?, Firmino?

How on earth did he pick these, a real challenge that one.
aarf, aarf, aarf.