Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12293015 times)

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #104800 on: July 6, 2022, 02:09:25 pm »
On the Beck news, it’s quite interesting to me that we’ve got so many top class LBs coming through our academy at once. Beck, James Norris, Luke Chambers, Calum Scanlon are all rated highly (and I’m probably forgetting someone). Norris has been used as a utility player a la his namesake Milner, but they’re all natural LBs.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #104801 on: July 6, 2022, 03:02:43 pm »
On the Beck news, it’s quite interesting to me that we’ve got so many top class LBs coming through our academy at once. Beck, James Norris, Luke Chambers, Calum Scanlon are all rated highly (and I’m probably forgetting someone). Norris has been used as a utility player a la his namesake Milner, but they’re all natural LBs.

I was just thinking this the other day but with right backs funnily enough. Trent obviously, even though he came through years ago now, but in recent years Neco Williams and Conor Bradley who we have high hopes for I think. Mabaya looks very good and I feel like there's another youngster currently in the set up who is promising and a right back.

Klopp or Pep (the good, non-bald one) mentioned recently something about wanting to be a 'school of goalkeepers', maybe now we want to become a school of full backs  ;D
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104802 on: July 6, 2022, 05:52:21 pm »

Would say it’s our strongest position right now, and I think that extends all the way to the first team right down to our academy.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #104803 on: July 7, 2022, 11:55:27 am »
Article on Kone-Doherty on the Athletic saying he is mustard. Rapid, can play on either wing, end product, sensible and grounded.  Fingers crossed

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #104804 on: July 7, 2022, 01:55:22 pm »
Article on Kone-Doherty on the Athletic saying he is mustard. Rapid, can play on either wing, end product, sensible and grounded.  Fingers crossed
Excited to see this new u18 group in action. Some really highly rated kids who are youth internationals. New Trent, Keyrol Figueroa, Josh Davidson etc will tear it up. Curious to see if the other new boy Ben Doak will go straight to the u21s.
Neil jones says today that Morton, Cain, Clarkson, Sepp, Glatzel and Bearne will all be loaned out. With Balagizi already out on loan, we’re going to see a major lineup overhaul at the u21 level. Midfield in particular will be intriguing as basically all first choice lads from last year will be away. Something like Bajcetic, Clark, Frauendorf perhaps? Luca Stephenson will likely be a mainstay as well, but as a 6 Bajcetic is streets ahead imo. Mabaya may also get some more midfield minutes and we may see James McConnell play up some as well. He was impressive for the u18s when fit last year.
Lastly, I am curious to see what Layton Stewart’s season will look like. Will he be first choice now at u23 level or get a Glatzel style loan to L2?
« Last Edit: July 7, 2022, 01:57:20 pm by NsRed »

Offline Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #104805 on: July 9, 2022, 03:24:23 pm »
Apparently the U21s drew in a friendly today. Good to see young Jay Spearing get some minutes after a long absence.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-u21s-play-out-friendly-draw-caernarfon-town

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104806 on: July 9, 2022, 03:34:23 pm »
Apparently the U21s drew in a friendly today. Good to see young Jay Spearing get some minutes after a long absence.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/lfc-u21s-play-out-friendly-draw-caernarfon-town

See the follow up story of Anderson Arroyo going on loan to Alaves,after somehow getting a new contract,now 22.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104807 on: July 9, 2022, 10:23:25 pm »
Why somehow? He is impressing on loan if he keeps progressing he will get a loan o a top division and hopefu9we can make some money on him.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104808 on: July 9, 2022, 10:26:34 pm »
Excited to see this new u18 group in action. Some really highly rated kids who are youth internationals. New Trent, Keyrol Figueroa, Josh Davidson etc will tear it up. Curious to see if the other new boy Ben Doak will go straight to the u21s.
Neil jones says today that Morton, Cain, Clarkson, Sepp, Glatzel and Bearne will all be loaned out. With Balagizi already out on loan, we’re going to see a major lineup overhaul at the u21 level. Midfield in particular will be intriguing as basically all first choice lads from last year will be away. Something like Bajcetic, Clark, Frauendorf perhaps? Luca Stephenson will likely be a mainstay as well, but as a 6 Bajcetic is streets ahead imo. Mabaya may also get some more midfield minutes and we may see James McConnell play up some as well. He was impressive for the u18s when fit last year.
Lastly, I am curious to see what Layton Stewart’s season will look like. Will he be first choice now at u23 level or get a Glatzel style loan to L2?

Leyton missed over 12 months with his injury and only started playing a bit at the end of last season.  No way he would be risked on a loan.  They’ll want to manage him very closely, at least for the first half of the season.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104809 on: July 9, 2022, 10:26:41 pm »
Kaide Gordon not amongst those going on tour supposedly as he is still in returning from injury. Anyone know what injury he had? It must be a serious one as he last played a game in February.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #104810 on: July 9, 2022, 10:36:58 pm »
Minor issue in march which he was supposed to be returning from quickly….  So who knows?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104811 on: July 10, 2022, 09:21:10 am »
Wonder if Quansah, Stewart, Musialowski not going away on preseason means they've got loan moves lined up

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104812 on: July 10, 2022, 10:17:10 am »
Wonder if Quansah, Stewart, Musialowski not going away on preseason means they've got loan moves lined up
[/quote

Personally I think Musialowski is too inconsistent  for a loan move at this point, and as I said above, Stewart is still recovering from a very long injury and his game time and training, will need careful management.  Quansah may have picked up a knock but I can see him training a bit with the firsts this season, assuming Davies and Phillips are sold and Sepp gets another loan. 

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104813 on: July 10, 2022, 10:27:50 am »
Disappointing that Quansah isn’t on tour.  Shouldn’t be due to rest, as Chambers who was also at the u19 Euros made it.  That maybe reflects that Robby and Greek Scouser are fairly late arrivals.  Quansah’s pedigree was confirmed in his selection in the team of the Euros

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104814 on: July 10, 2022, 04:03:59 pm »
Disappointing that Quansah isn’t on tour.  Shouldn’t be due to rest, as Chambers who was also at the u19 Euros made it.  That maybe reflects that Robby and Greek Scouser are fairly late arrivals.  Quansah’s pedigree was confirmed in his selection in the team of the Euros

It is but Phillips, VDB and Williams are all ahead of him. If one had got a loan move sorted he would have gone.

Maybe, he will get to go to Austria

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104815 on: July 10, 2022, 04:47:07 pm »
Why somehow? He is impressing on loan if he keeps progressing he will get a loan o a top division and hopefu9we can make some money on him.

I guess i just don't like loans where the player couldn't even find his way to the bogs at Anfield.4 years a bunch of lower level clubs,nope not for me.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #104816 on: July 10, 2022, 05:05:08 pm »

Quansah played a lot more minutes than Chambers didn’t he?

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104817 on: July 11, 2022, 09:14:38 am »
Klopp on Tyler Morton:

“By the way, Tyler Morton in training, incredible! He plays as a No 8 now. We don’t force him to play as a controlling No 6 in a Premier League game. He’s training as an eight, and it’s like ‘wow, how good is that?!’ He’s still here.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104818 on: July 11, 2022, 09:33:47 am »
Klopp on Tyler Morton:

makes sense that klopps likes the no 6 to be a bit of a taller and physical unit

or he is just bigging the player up for a loan. who the fuck knows.

he does look to be a bit too good for the reserves and not developed enough for the 1st team. a neither here nor there player at the moment.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #104819 on: July 11, 2022, 01:26:24 pm »
Beck has now officially gone to Familicao on loan. They've done well in the top flight since being promoted a few years ago it seems. If he can be the first choice there it'll be a really good loan move IMO.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #104820 on: July 11, 2022, 01:36:34 pm »
Morton IS an 8 and I think that is the point Juergen is making there. Injuries/Covid forced him into an unfamiliar role in that Spurs game but he’s not a 6. Nice that he’s now able to show what he can do in his true position. I agree that he’s already proven himself to be a cut above reserves football. A loan could be to his benefit but that probably partly depends on whether Ox stays?

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104821 on: July 12, 2022, 06:59:40 pm »

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #104822 on: July 12, 2022, 07:05:51 pm »
Any info on the 2 trialists?

Offline Freetux

• Kemlynite
« Reply #104823 on: July 12, 2022, 08:51:24 pm »
Still doesn't seem right seeing pics of Spearing playing for them,
glad for him he gets to come back obviously

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #104824 on: July 12, 2022, 08:53:50 pm »
Morton IS an 8 and I think that is the point Juergen is making there. Injuries/Covid forced him into an unfamiliar role in that Spurs game but he’s not a 6. Nice that he’s now able to show what he can do in his true position. I agree that he’s already proven himself to be a cut above reserves football. A loan could be to his benefit but that probably partly depends on whether Ox stays?

He played there in the League Cup and CL last season.

Spurs was just too big a game and in a completely changed midfield.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #104825 on: July 12, 2022, 11:54:16 pm »
Tom Clayton to Swindon on a permanent transfer.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104826 on: July 13, 2022, 10:31:55 am »
U21 preseason game Vs Wigan on lfctvgo https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1546904998474354688?t=HmA7Q22T5UJ-06-l9QXMOA&s=19

didnt do any better compared to the seniors

lost by 6.

didnt know carra's lad played for wigan. netted for them as well. bloody traitor

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104827 on: July 14, 2022, 07:59:01 am »
Pitaluga got Man of the Match in their defeat of West Brom.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #104828 on: July 14, 2022, 10:28:35 am »
Really liked the look of Mabaya, looks incredible physically for a 17 year old.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #104829 on: July 14, 2022, 10:34:35 am »
Really liked the look of Mabaya, looks incredible physically for a 17 year old.

Yeah other than the mistake, which happens, he's a really good prospect. Thought Balagizi was the same but hopefully he kicks on with his loan

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #104830 on: July 14, 2022, 03:29:44 pm »
Do any of the youth players look like they could have a future as a no.6 /backup/successor to Fabinho/Hendo? We seem to have a lot of no.8 and 10's coming through.

How have Layton Stewart and Glazer been doing the past season ?

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104831 on: July 14, 2022, 03:45:33 pm »
Do any of the youth players look like they could have a future as a no.6 /backup/successor to Fabinho/Hendo? We seem to have a lot of no.8 and 10's coming through.

Many are high on Bajcetic but he is a good 2-3 years away. Which could line up well if he does make it

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #104832 on: July 14, 2022, 04:22:18 pm »
Quote from: smurfinaus link=topic=204689.msg18419129#msg18419129 datelackong =1657808984

The 6's we produce tend to be players without much physical stature. Spearing for example or Jordan Rossiter who was a big prospect before injuries curtailed him. Clarkson and Morton now, though both likely to end up further forward.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104833 on: July 14, 2022, 04:31:05 pm »
similar to morton. klopp already mentioned him playing as an 8.

really hope he can make it here. He does have that bit of ability of just having time and space on the ball. maybe its physicality and defensive parts that might need some work.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104834 on: July 15, 2022, 12:06:11 am »

Ones being getting big divvies

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104835 on: July 15, 2022, 06:56:53 am »
Many are high on Bajcetic but he is a good 2-3 years away. Which could line up well if he does make it
Which lines up well with Fabinho Age and Henderson contract/age. I expect Henderson to be at liverpool till he retires but 2024 or 2025 season could be a good spot where somebody can over take him as backup 6.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104836 on: July 19, 2022, 09:06:07 am »
Noticed Pitaluga in the training videos so he must still be training with us and then playing for Macc (and I guess training with them on occasion, when they do train). Probably one of the reasons why we were happy with him going to such a low level.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #104837 on: July 19, 2022, 09:57:48 am »
Noticed Pitaluga in the training videos so he must still be training with us and then playing for Macc (and I guess training with them on occasion, when they do train). Probably one of the reasons why we were happy with him going to such a low level.

Yeah maybe trains with us full time and turns up for them matchday or something, good idea if that's it

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #104838 on: July 21, 2022, 08:25:20 pm »
Any more confirmed friendlies for our u23s?
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #104839 on: July 21, 2022, 08:35:14 pm »
Bajcetic looks good! Where has he mainly been so far, 18s or 23s? Looks a confident, composed ball playing midfielder, I like what I'm seeing.

Harvey Davies impressive with the ball at his feet too, albeit with no saves to make yet  :D

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019