Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12294710 times)

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #104760 on: July 2, 2022, 04:50:27 pm »

I think i read on the non league site that Macclesfield are doing day time training,kinda full time rather than the afterwork sessions.They average 3,000 odd crowdwise so i'm guessing Robbie Savage ain't planning on hanging around the division.Guess it depends on if Pitaluga can nail down the starting position or not.
https://macclesfieldfc.com/2022/05/05/silkmen-set-to-implement-daytime-training-model/

Ah makes slightly more sense! If he can't nail down the starting position at that level then I think it's safe to say there is no hope for him ;D
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104761 on: July 4, 2022, 06:28:26 pm »
In other keeper news,Jaros on loan to Stockport.Also noticed a couple of pre season games for the u-21's at Wigan and Kidderminster listed on the official site.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #104762 on: July 4, 2022, 06:57:40 pm »
This is such a weird move. I can't think of any other top flight youth player going to such a low level - he'll be playing with and against guys who work standard 9-5 jobs after spending 18 months with Alisson and Klopp! No idea how it's supposed to work with training etc. because I can't imagine they train more than 3 times a week?

I know they're loaded for that level but still...

They did similar with Rhys Williams.

Macc have gone full time as well. It's a very low level though, they'll be playing league games against City of Liverpool and Prescot Cables and are a league below Marine.
« Last Edit: July 4, 2022, 06:59:53 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #104763 on: July 4, 2022, 07:41:23 pm »

Macc have gone full time as well. It's a very low level though, they'll be playing league games against City of Liverpool and Prescot Cables and are a league below Marine.
I used to play in the same league as Marine are in now. Would’ve been mad to line up against a Liverpool goalie. We trained twice a week in the evenings.

You’d see the odd pro drop down on loan (we had a feeder system with a local pro side - League Two/One - who would get all our best young players in exchange for essentially retainer fees and loan signings) but they’d never really make a career out of it after, or if they did it was the lower reaches of the football league.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104764 on: July 4, 2022, 10:37:38 pm »

Even Kidderminster were two divisions higher than Macclesfield are now, which is a pretty big difference in standard down at that level. I'm genuinely flabbergasted by it.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #104765 on: July 5, 2022, 10:53:26 am »
Would have thought Jaros would have been doing better than Stockport aswell (just back in football league). He was on loan in Ireland with St Patricks Athletic in the Irish Premier Division, was their player of the year and won the cup, they played some European games the following season too, but he was loaned to Notts County in non league after that.

Saw him play many times in Ireland and he was superb. Would have thought league 1 at least for him anyway. The Pitaluga loan is pretty baffling, surely there is a league club out there for him. We paid nearly 2 million for the lad too.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104766 on: July 5, 2022, 11:06:53 am »
Young keepers are hard to find loans for so they end up lower than an equivalent talent in an outfield position. League 2 at 20/21 is decent for Jaros. Can't imagine many loans keepers at that age were in the football league last season

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #104767 on: July 5, 2022, 11:19:36 am »
For goalkeepers its probably not as important to be at a good team, or even at a particularly good level. You want them to get plenty of action.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #104768 on: July 5, 2022, 12:10:36 pm »
I don't think sending Pitaluga so low down means they have little faith in him, as Chris and Lobo say it's not easy to find loans for goalies and playing games is really important.

If he does really well there, it's more than likely that he won't make one step up the pyramid next season. I think they're 8th tier, so let's say they get promoted and want him again, hopefully someone above a 6/7th tier want him. Perhaps he could go to a National League side which I think is 5th tier, maybe after that somewhere in League 2. If he can do that in the next few years he'll still only be in his early 20s and will probably still have 15+ years ahead of him in his career
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #104769 on: July 5, 2022, 12:46:54 pm »
I don't think sending Pitaluga so low down means they have little faith in him, as Chris and Lobo say it's not easy to find loans for goalies and playing games is really important.

If he does really well there, it's more than likely that he won't make one step up the pyramid next season. I think they're 8th tier, so let's say they get promoted and want him again, hopefully someone above a 6/7th tier want him. Perhaps he could go to a National League side which I think is 5th tier, maybe after that somewhere in League 2. If he can do that in the next few years he'll still only be in his early 20s and will probably still have 15+ years ahead of him in his career

Ah lads seriously, 8th tier for a young lad who cost us 2 million quid, surely there is a club higher up the food chain. Even national league FFS.

Completely take the point about GK loans being different though, but he will be testing himself against amateurs. His club might be the Man City of the amateur leagues but the point stands, the standard is crap.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #104770 on: July 5, 2022, 01:06:02 pm »
Maybe there is a reason we're not seeing? just wants games, doesn't care where? maybe getting over potential injury and needs games? Someone he knows there? maybe problem with lad, club just want him out? maybe work permit related?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #104771 on: July 5, 2022, 01:08:18 pm »
He's a baby in goalkeeping terms, don't see a problem with this kind of loan if it means he'll get a ton of action and a bit of rough and tumble from the bruisers lower down the leagues to help him get used to football over here.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #104772 on: July 5, 2022, 02:34:11 pm »
Bobby Clark, Stefan Bajcetic, Luke Chambers, Isaac Mabaya and Tom Hill among the kids training with the first team today. Nice that Hill is back in action after missing last season due to injury.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #104773 on: July 5, 2022, 03:03:48 pm »
Bobby Clark, Stefan Bajcetic, Luke Chambers, Isaac Mabaya and Tom Hill among the kids training with the first team today. Nice that Hill is back in action after missing last season due to injury.

Hope they all get a chance pre season but Mabaya looks like he could be a really good player

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104774 on: July 5, 2022, 03:06:12 pm »
Stefan Bajcetic , Sepp van den Berg, Bobby Clark, Isaac Mabaya, Tom Hill, Fabian Mrozek, Harvey Davies, Melkamu Frauendorf, Leighton Clarkson, James Norris, Tyler Morton, Luke Chambers and Owen Beck all training with the first team.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #104775 on: July 5, 2022, 03:16:30 pm »
Young keepers are hard to find loans for so they end up lower than an equivalent talent in an outfield position. League 2 at 20/21 is decent for Jaros. Can't imagine many loans keepers at that age were in the football league last season
This is true, at 21 Kasper Schmeichel was on loan in League 2 at Bury and then in Scotland at Falkirk. Alisson hadn't made an appearance for Internacional and only had 6 appearances before he turned 23. Pickford was at Darlington then Bradford in league Two, Nick Pope was at Welling Utd in non-league.

Looking at the Premier League's Keepers, it's only really De Gea that was playing elite football at that age and Lloris also playing top flight football (early steps).
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #104776 on: July 5, 2022, 03:18:21 pm »
Maybe there is a reason we're not seeing? just wants games, doesn't care where? maybe getting over potential injury and needs games? Someone he knows there? maybe problem with lad, club just want him out? maybe work permit related?

Likely just want him nearby to continue to work closely with him when they can.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #104777 on: July 5, 2022, 03:45:22 pm »
This is true, at 21 Kasper Schmeichel was on loan in League 2 at Bury and then in Scotland at Falkirk. Alisson hadn't made an appearance for Internacional and only had 6 appearances before he turned 23. Pickford was at Darlington then Bradford in league Two, Nick Pope was at Welling Utd in non-league.

Looking at the Premier League's Keepers, it's only really De Gea that was playing elite football at that age and Lloris also playing top flight football (early steps).

This is all true. I know Alisson was highly rated when we signed him but at the time I remember being a bit confused as to why we never went for someone a bit more experienced. He'd played a bit for Internacional but not many games in the proper Brazilian league. Then he spent two years at Roma but barely played in his first season as back up to Sczesny.

No two player's developments' are the same it's important to remember. I imagine Pitaluga will still be under contract five years down the line and he might be on loan for all of it. Even so he'll still only be early/mid 20s I think, baby years for a keeper. As I said in a post above there's a chance he really impresses for Macclesfield then climbs about 3 tiers up the pyramid, it's certainly possible.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104778 on: July 5, 2022, 03:51:16 pm »

No Musialowski? Is he injured?

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #104779 on: July 5, 2022, 03:56:55 pm »
Ah lads seriously, 8th tier for a young lad who cost us 2 million quid, surely there is a club higher up the food chain. Even national league FFS.
Why does his fee matter? Or indeed, why does it matter which tier he's at loan at at this early age? It's not a game of oneupmanship.

What he needs is planty of game time and plenty of action, Lots of saves to make, which a lacklustre defence will probably allow. And experience of a few giant grocks steaming into him won't hurt either (well it might, literally ;) )
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104780 on: July 5, 2022, 04:01:14 pm »
No Musialowski? Is he injured?

Or just not particularly highly rated at the moment.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104781 on: July 5, 2022, 04:20:09 pm »
Or just not particularly highly rated at the moment.

Suppose this could be the case.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #104782 on: July 5, 2022, 04:35:20 pm »
Or indeed, why does it matter which tier he's at loan at at this early age?

At-at-at...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104783 on: July 5, 2022, 04:37:56 pm »

We don't just loan players anywhere, we're quite thorough and analytic about it. I read a piece on Rhys Williams when he broke into the first team and they explained how they loaned him out because they wanted him to get that experience of playing against big physical teams and to deal with it, as well as the grounding of playing non league football. It'll be similar here, although the level he's dropped to is odd. Macclesfield are a much bigger club than that level though and will be expected to win the league and be playing to crowds of about 3000 at home and big away support, so it's not a one man and his dog thing. They'll be getting bigger crowds than some EFL clubs.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #104784 on: July 5, 2022, 04:41:39 pm »
Or indeed, why does it matter which tier he's at loan at at this early age?

At-at-at...
Mo Salah: " I have a new at"
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #104785 on: July 5, 2022, 04:44:54 pm »
At-at-at...
Mo Salah: " I have a new at"

Where's it at?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104786 on: July 5, 2022, 08:12:09 pm »

Don’t think so, he’s at a more advanced stage than most of the names in that list IMO, I think his injury problems have probably curtailed a lot of his progress here, but after Kaide Gordon Bajcetic I wouldnt put any of those other names above him in terms of talent and performances.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104787 on: July 5, 2022, 08:54:52 pm »
Don’t think so, he’s at a more advanced stage than most of the names in that list IMO, I think his injury problems have probably curtailed a lot of his progress here, but after Kaide Gordon Bajcetic I wouldnt put any of those other names above him in terms of talent and performances.

He's missed his chance a few times by being injured IIRC, i.e. last pre-season and the League Cup match last season where players behind him got called up to play at Preston.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104788 on: July 5, 2022, 09:07:37 pm »
How big size wise is Mabaya?

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104789 on: July 5, 2022, 09:47:19 pm »

[/quote]

Why??
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104790 on: July 5, 2022, 10:01:46 pm »

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #104791 on: July 6, 2022, 12:45:36 am »
Quansah got in to the u19 team of the tournament

https://www.uefa.com/under19/news/0277-158d3934d81a-206a691b8c37-1000--u19-euro-team-of-the-tournament/

Have to think he’s within a shout of a L1 or Championship loan.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #104792 on: July 6, 2022, 12:46:51 am »

He’s not quite a Balagizi but he’s a tall and strong lad. Quite pacy and powerful.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104793 on: July 6, 2022, 01:28:10 am »

It could be that he's just not good enough to play at a higher level yet?

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104794 on: July 6, 2022, 04:13:28 am »

Why??
I heard he been good as a 6 in the youth team was wondering if he has the size to be that in full time in the first team. Klopp has always favored players who are dominate in the air there

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104795 on: July 6, 2022, 06:39:57 am »
I heard he been good as a 6 in the youth team was wondering if he has the size to be that in full time in the first team. Klopp has always favored players who are dominate in the air there
I don't think he's ever played as a 6.. Much more of a mix between box-to-box mid and right back.

Offline fenre

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #104796 on: July 6, 2022, 10:42:32 am »

There is talks about him being loaned out, so I guess that is the reason

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #104797 on: July 6, 2022, 12:12:45 pm »
https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1544628679925530625

Young left-back Owen Beck expected to leave Liverpool on loan this week. He's set to join Portuguese Primeira Liga outfit Famalicão for the season.

Could be a great move for him that. If he's first choice or quickly becomes their starter and plays a whole season at a decent enough level it'll be really big for him. Could impress then go to a higher level on loan or could even attract teams to want to buy him. Hopefully though he stay around at Liverpool, but with Robertson and Tsimikas ahead of him it's going to be tough for him to see games in the next few years, which is why I can see him going out on loan again after this season to get even more experience.

Seems we have quite a few youngsters going out on loan this season

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #104798 on: July 6, 2022, 12:22:41 pm »
Potentially a great move for Beck.  Really liked what I saw of him in the youth teams, hope he gets a proper chance on loan.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #104799 on: July 6, 2022, 02:05:41 pm »
I don't think he's ever played as a 6.. Much more of a mix between box-to-box mid and right back.
Never seen him as a 6 myself either. Played at RB a lot this past season, and was used as a box to box and even on the wing the season prior. He’s got a lot in his locker and a great athletic profile so it’s natural that they’re experimenting with different roles.
I’ll be curious to see where he plays most of his minutes this season. We don’t have an awful lot of RB options in the academy system with Bradley on loan now. Josh Davidson will probably be 1st choice at u18 level after he had a nice breakthrough last season. At the u21 level though Mabaya is probably it, unless we see new boy Ramsay play a lot of reserve football, which is kind of a shame as I’d like to see him in a more advanced position. Obviously we know that our fullbacks are essentially attackers anyway, I just think he’s got a lot of interesting tools that could make him an intriguing forward.