Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12302076 times)

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #104680 on: June 12, 2022, 07:55:45 am »
Have seen some incredibly weak links to us signing Nwaneri from Arsenal, so will keep it out the transfer thread  :D.  Played for their u18s as an u14. Has played up an age group with England u16s. Supposed to be a massive talent and would be a pretty incredible coup.if it's true. Also saw we'd signed Kerron Samuels from Chelsea when catching up on acadmey news. Looking forward to the new u18s coming in, a few were kind of chucked in at the deep last season, but should have a bit of experience for it

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104681 on: June 12, 2022, 11:59:01 pm »
Have seen some incredibly weak links to us signing Nwaneri from Arsenal, so will keep it out the transfer thread  :D.  Played for their u18s as an u14. Has played up an age group with England u16s. Supposed to be a massive talent and would be a pretty incredible coup.if it's true. Also saw we'd signed Kerron Samuels from Chelsea when catching up on acadmey news. Looking forward to the new u18s coming in, a few were kind of chucked in at the deep last season, but should have a bit of experience for it
What position/Role type are those talented youngsters

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104683 on: June 17, 2022, 10:08:10 am »
What position/Role type are those talented youngsters
Nwaneri looks like a winger/attacking midfield types England produce from descriptions and some brief YouTube scouting. Samuels a centre back I believe.

https://twitter.com/England/status/1537721713819009026?s=20&t=6gwVyjeyN5e08Rmzl2NXqw

Chambers, Quansah and Davies in the England Euro u-19 squad. Chambers playing up an age group for and International tournament without really doing so at in level must be pretty rare over the last few years for England.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104684 on: June 17, 2022, 02:02:09 pm »
Don't know if it's been mentioned, we have a ex red coming back to coach at the academy next season.

In the papers today... Jay Spearing coming back to play in the u23s and coach in the younger age groups.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104685 on: June 17, 2022, 06:00:55 pm »
In the papers today... Jay Spearing coming back to play in the u23s and coach in the younger age groups.

I don't mind him coming back as a coach but no way should he be taking a spot from an up coming u-21 lad.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104686 on: June 17, 2022, 07:03:31 pm »

I don't mind him coming back as a coach but no way should he be taking a spot from an up coming u-21 lad.
Why not? Gives plenty of leadership to the other 10 around him, shows them what it's like to play with men. Sometimes you watch an u-18/23 game and the lack of composure is evident, having a calming influence in the team will do them the world of good and aid their development.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104687 on: June 17, 2022, 07:04:19 pm »

He won't. The u23s regularly have players in it who don't really have much chance of making  and are kind of just filling out the squad for others, or couldn't get a loan.

I have no idea if the whole coach on the pitch approach makes that much of a difference but it won't stop someone coming through. The ones at Brighton and United played 8 and 4 premier League 2 games for example as well.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104688 on: June 17, 2022, 07:48:46 pm »
The average age of u-23's was ne ne ne ne ne 19 last year.I just don't see any point to him playing,if they have to learn  from an old pro stick Milner in for a game.It doesn't seem forward thinking,progressive to me.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #104689 on: June 17, 2022, 07:51:54 pm »
The average age of u-23's was ne ne ne ne ne 19 last year.I just don't see any point to him playing,if they have to learn  from an old pro stick Milner in for a game.It doesn't seem forward thinking,progressive to me.

Spearing was always a decent pro though and he was pretty much born at the club :D he's a decent guy to have around and might be a great coach

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104690 on: June 18, 2022, 12:38:17 am »

Why not. The players will love playing along side him and will learn a hell of a lot. Not all are going to make it at Liverpool and Spearing will help them playing along them.

Also it will enable the likes of Morton to be around the 1st team more and gaining experience that way.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104691 on: June 18, 2022, 04:21:46 am »
not a lot of talk for morton getting loan time which probably means he is part of next year midfield set up?

spearing playing for the youth could mean more game time for morton in the seniors as well. guess thats what is being planned i guess.

he does look to be a bit too good for the youth team but just not good enough yet for the seniors. guess this year will be one for his progression. Nothing better than having thiago, hendo, milly and fab to guide him thru games.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104692 on: June 18, 2022, 05:16:59 am »
not a lot of talk for morton getting loan time which probably means he is part of next year midfield set up?

spearing playing for the youth could mean more game time for morton in the seniors as well. guess thats what is being planned i guess.

he does look to be a bit too good for the youth team but just not good enough yet for the seniors. guess this year will be one for his progression. Nothing better than having thiago, hendo, milly and fab to guide him thru games.
CUp gam/Depth option as 6 or 8 would be ideal. I dont think he has the Physical Size Klopp wants for a 6 for aerial duel reason but looks good enough in limited games with his passing that he could be a solid role player at Liverpool or make it at the PL Level.
If The staff thinks the player is good enough they prefer to keep the player to learn the system etc, CB probably the except position wise as being able to play  is important.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #104693 on: June 18, 2022, 08:12:12 pm »
I like Morton, very classy on the ball, think it would be a big benefit to him get a year on loan but at what level do you think he'd get game time at? He obviously needs a club that play proper football, do you think theres a chance he could play in the dutch league etc rather than some hoof ball cloggers in the championship?

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104694 on: June 18, 2022, 09:59:16 pm »
I like Morton, very classy on the ball, think it would be a big benefit to him get a year on loan but at what level do you think he'd get game time at? He obviously needs a club that play proper football, do you think theres a chance he could play in the dutch league etc rather than some hoof ball cloggers in the championship?
Think in the championship he probably ends up like Clarkson. Just not sure he's got the physicality yet to make an instant impact and wherever he goes on loan isn't going to wait long for him to adjust. I think a Championship side would take him though, they love having depth even if a loan player doesn't feature much

Holland would probably be a good first step, but we seem reluctant to ever send players there. Always though Woodburn should have gone there instead of jumping round British loans, Clarkson would have been better there as well. Next to no English side was ever going to use him in the same role as here.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #104695 on: June 19, 2022, 11:52:40 am »
A loan could be the right idea for Morton. Was impressed when he got some first team minutes in the end of 2021. Agree with the Clarkson point, the Championship is a crazy league, he's good enough to play games there but at the same time could struggle. Maybe a foreign loan could be the shout.

Would expect Conor Bradley to get a loan too, perhaps one or two others around that age too.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #104696 on: June 20, 2022, 08:24:34 am »
A loan could be the right idea for Morton. Was impressed when he got some first team minutes in the end of 2021. Agree with the Clarkson point, the Championship is a crazy league, he's good enough to play games there but at the same time could struggle. Maybe a foreign loan could be the shout.

Would expect Conor Bradley to get a loan too, perhaps one or two others around that age too.

The problem with The Championship is their isn't much patience with loan players if they don't make an immediate impact. Ben Woodburn at Sheff U was the same.

You need to be like Harvey Elliot and dominate or Neco last season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104697 on: June 20, 2022, 09:09:58 am »

this would be kind of interesting option for the young lads. Don.t we have some kind of partnerships with spanish and french teams. And surely Julian ward could get some of the youth playing the portugese leagues since we have quite a cordial relationship with them.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #104698 on: June 20, 2022, 05:30:47 pm »
Bolton fan I know was asking about him, so I’d assume there’s been a link there.
AHA!

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #104699 on: June 21, 2022, 04:28:06 pm »
And he’s gone there for the season, season ticket holder so I’ll get updates.
AHA!

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104700 on: June 21, 2022, 04:37:35 pm »
Think that's a good move for him. Wondered whether he might get a loan to a Championship club, but he should play regularly at Bolton and they might well be looking to push for promotion this season. 40+ games, injuries permitting, at that level would be great for Bradley and will hopefully help him nail down a starting place for his country as well. Think he has a lot of potential so I'm looking forward to following his development next season.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #104701 on: June 21, 2022, 04:57:57 pm »
Think that's a good move for him. Wondered whether he might get a loan to a Championship club, but he should play regularly at Bolton and they might well be looking to push for promotion this season. 40+ games, injuries permitting, at that level would be great for Bradley and will hopefully help him nail down a starting place for his country as well. Think he has a lot of potential so I'm looking forward to following his development next season.

Yeah, should be a decent move for him. Hopefully Bolton came make a push for the Championship, because if they get promoted with him part of the side he can go back next season and get Championship experience. To have made five appearances for us and even more for his country before turning 19 is nothing to be sniffed at. Interesting to see what other youngsters follow him on loan this window.

One of the most interesting will be Van Den Berg. He's done well in the Championship and could probably do better than Preston right now. Do you keep him on loan in the Championship with a side who'd be expected to get promotion or send him elsewhere? Noted players going abroad on loan the other day and can't help but feeling if there's nothing available in the Prem for him then there'll be someone willing to take him elsewhere in Europe. Germany perhaps.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 05:02:03 pm by disgraced cake »

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104702 on: June 21, 2022, 05:50:10 pm »
One of the most interesting will be Van Den Berg. He's done well in the Championship and could probably do better than Preston right now. Do you keep him on loan in the Championship with a side who'd be expected to get promotion or send him elsewhere? Noted players going abroad on loan the other day and can't help but feeling if there's nothing available in the Prem for him then there'll be someone willing to take him elsewhere in Europe. Germany perhaps.
Personally I'd keep him, certainly until January. He left as a boy but he's a man now, let him develop in training around our senior players, maybe give him minutes in the league cup.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104703 on: June 21, 2022, 06:45:22 pm »
Yeah, should be a decent move for him. Hopefully Bolton came make a push for the Championship, because if they get promoted with him part of the side he can go back next season and get Championship experience. To have made five appearances for us and even more for his country before turning 19 is nothing to be sniffed at. Interesting to see what other youngsters follow him on loan this window.

If Phillips and Davies are sold as expected, and Rhys goes out on loan, I think that Sepp might stay with us ...

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104704 on: June 25, 2022, 07:36:29 pm »
Quansah playing for England u19s against Israel.  Think Luke Chambers is on the bench too.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #104705 on: June 25, 2022, 07:37:14 pm »
Quansah playing for England u19s against Israel.  Think Luke Chambers is on the bench too.

Is the game on anywhere Debs?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104706 on: June 25, 2022, 07:38:05 pm »
Is the game on anywhere Debs?

I'm following on BBC sport site Jill don't know if it's on anywhere else.

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #104707 on: June 25, 2022, 07:38:35 pm »
BBC red button, it’s on.

Unless they’ve jibbed it for the Glastonbury nonsense.
AHA!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #104708 on: June 25, 2022, 07:47:25 pm »
BBC red button, it’s on.

Unless they’ve jibbed it for the Glastonbury nonsense.

Thanks.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #104709 on: June 25, 2022, 07:52:26 pm »

My app says Chambers is playing at left back.

Seem to remember a game a few months back, their age group I believe, and there was a good 4-5 Liverpool youngsters involved. Believe Cannonier may have been another one, perhaps Balagizi? Those two appear to be the only reds on this trip.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104710 on: June 25, 2022, 07:58:41 pm »

Seem to remember a game a few months back, their age group I believe, and there was a good 4-5 Liverpool youngsters involved. Believe Cannonier may have been another one, perhaps Balagizi? Those two appear to be the only reds on this trip.

Unless there's been a sub and changed formation he's on the bench as theyre playing 3 cbs mate.

Yeah we've got a good few internationals at this age group.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #104711 on: June 25, 2022, 08:01:47 pm »
Unless there's been a sub and changed formation he's on the bench as theyre playing 3 cbs mate.

Yeah we've got a good few internationals at this age group.

Did see this as well which suggests he started: https://twitter.com/KeiferMacd/status/1540744912811003907

As I say though I'm only going off that and an app, not watching the game

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #104712 on: June 25, 2022, 08:14:19 pm »
Chambers is playing LB or LWB but is doing a great job. Tidy play and dangerous balls forward or into the area from wide.

Quansah started as RCB first half but was subbed off at half time I think. Didn't notice him much as Israel are shit.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #104713 on: June 25, 2022, 08:17:26 pm »

Harvey Davies, the 18yr old GK, is in the England squad as well, but hasn't played yet.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104714 on: June 26, 2022, 03:21:22 pm »
Liverpool have signed winger Trent Kone-Doherty, who will officially join the club in July. The 15-year-old has already played for Derry City’s first team in the League of Ireland.

Kone-Doherty, who will turn 16 when he signs for Liverpool, is capable of playing on both wings and will arrive for a compensation fee of around £150,000.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #104715 on: June 27, 2022, 10:25:30 am »
A double barrelled Trent, eh?

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104716 on: June 27, 2022, 09:57:25 pm »
Harvey Davies, the 18yr old GK, is in the England squad as well, but hasn't played yet.
Technically he isn't in the squad. He has gone there as a training goalkeeper. They have taken 21 in their "squad" when you can only have 20 players.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104717 on: June 27, 2022, 10:14:11 pm »

Balagizi would have been in a lot of the recent squads. Not selected here though. Same for Norris. Gordon also but he is coming back from a serious injury. Cannonier plays for the U18's when he has been selected.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #104718 on: June 28, 2022, 11:14:44 am »
Found from one of the academy accounts on twitter:

Sepp van den Berg looks set to leave Liverpool on loan once again this summer but will start pre-season with Jurgen Klopp’s first team ahead of the Reds reporting back to the AXA Training Centre on July 4. #lfc [liverpool echo]

Reds bosses have been impressed by the Dutchman’s progress during his time away on loan, and he will start pre-season with the Liverpool first team as a result, as per @TheoSquiresECHO

Liverpool have already fielded enquiries from sides in the Premier League, Bundesliga and La Liga to sign the defender for the season, as per @TheoSquiresECHO

That's what we wanted to hear about Sepp. If he can get first team football in one of the best leagues in the world we've got reason to be excited by him. He's done well at Preston and while my guess would have been another Championship loan with a promotion chasing team, it sounds like there's going to be enough interest from a higher level. Think Germany would suit him for the time being but if he impresses wherever he goes I think we might have a really good player for the future.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104719 on: June 28, 2022, 05:42:03 pm »
Quansah just scored to put England 2-1 up against Italy in the Euro u-19 semi finals

Luke Chambers coming on for Bynoe-Gittens who was brilliant after coming on, reckon he'll be getting plenty time for Dortmund next season
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 05:44:01 pm by Chris~ »