Author Topic: Best Chippy in Liverpool?  (Read 118372 times)

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Best Chippy in Liverpool?
« Reply #400 on: March 26, 2014, 03:51:50 pm »
Steve's on Rose Lane is by far the best I have been to in this city!
Chris's on Rose Lane or Steve's on Ashfield Rd, Aigburth?

Offline PaisleyPrint

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #401 on: March 29, 2014, 10:32:51 am »
no the fish toast chippy is still going it's lings on Windsor st at the bottom of the street where I lived as a kid

Lings, that's the one, thanks.

Offline cliffm

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • The thing about common sense is it isn't common
« Reply #402 on: March 29, 2014, 12:35:00 pm »
The chippy next to the Arkles pub used to do lovely chips..still?

Offline scumbagcollege

• pRick
  • Kopite
  • Kick Out The Jams, Motherfuckers!
« Reply #403 on: March 29, 2014, 06:51:06 pm »
Happy garden on Knoclaid Road  :)
"Reuniting Status Quo would be like trying to get your own dick up your arse - impossible."
St Francis De Rossi

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: March 29, 2014, 09:04:29 pm »
I'll have to give a shout out for the Allerton Fish Bar, good chippy and the owner is sound Red and an ST holder.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: April 8, 2014, 01:20:10 pm »
I'll have to give a shout out for the Allerton Fish Bar, good chippy and the owner is sound Red and an ST holder.
Seconded, even though i'm off the chips at the moment (Allerton Bellies on a diet)
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Herby

« Reply #406 on: April 8, 2014, 03:51:26 pm »
When I lived in Aigy Vale I would eat the chicken fried rice from Steve's regularly.
It was immense - enough for 2 people.

I have eaten in Chris's often too and it is very good.

But Steve's gets the nod for me due to its wider variety and very good Chinese food.

Offline androulla

• aka little monkey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #407 on: June 8, 2014, 12:21:44 am »
Steve's, best chippy in the city!  :D  :lickin

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: May 11, 2021, 03:37:43 am »
Big shout for Hang Fung on Queens Drive for their Salt and Pepper Chicken  :lickin

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: May 27, 2021, 10:11:44 pm »
One in west derby village is good )

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #410 on: May 29, 2021, 10:48:20 am »
Steve's gets a shout and Andy's on Lark Lane is a boss little chippy.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: May 29, 2021, 02:03:56 pm »
This Guy is blowing up on Youtube the last couple of months.

He travels all around Yorkshire and the North West going to all the best reviewed takeaways and chippies.

He did a video reviewing Byrnes Chippy, he was blown away by the Cheese savoury.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1Y10FXHAFzw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1Y10FXHAFzw</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #412 on: July 22, 2021, 02:57:25 pm »

He travels all around Yorkshire and the North West going to all the best reviewed takeaways and chippies.

He did a video reviewing Byrnes Chippy, he was blown away by the Cheese savoury.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1Y10FXHAFzw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1Y10FXHAFzw</a>

I was told that lad makes 30 grand a month off of those videos.

Update: Here's the data

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2LTknWzRsU
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 02:14:19 am by RedBootsTommySmith »
Victorious and glorious....

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: July 23, 2021, 10:53:31 am »

Haha I grew up around there until I moved a few years ago. I used to hang around with a lad from school who's uncle owned Byrnes Chippy and we used to go and sit in the back and play Pro Evo and GTA on the PS2 after school and grab some freebies. Always been a nice chippy that and I enjoyed watching that fella on the video. I'll have to try that Cheese savoury as that wasn't around when I was there many years ago!

Also it is BYRNES! how does he get it wrong each time  ;D

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: July 23, 2021, 10:56:00 am »
Brynes is good, always good portions and everything is cooked there and then.

Still prefer the chippies in yorkshire as battered sausage is standard and curry sauce is better.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #415 on: July 23, 2021, 11:04:17 am »
Byrne is quite a common surname, so I'm a bit baffled over the confusion of the name :D

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: July 23, 2021, 11:24:07 am »

Still prefer the chippies in yorkshire as battered sausage is standard and curry sauce is better.

I shudder when I think of the shite I ate as a kid, battered sausages and battered beef burgers from the chippy on Tower Hill or in Kirkby market.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #417 on: July 23, 2021, 12:44:04 pm »
The one on priory rd that got destroyed by a joy rider smashing through the front was boss. There was also one in tuebrook by the car auction just next to the bridge I used to go to all the time.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #418 on: July 23, 2021, 01:15:19 pm »
I'll tell you one of the worst, the Marybone Chippy, Vauxhall Road. Its probably the only chippy close enough to walk to from our work and last year I had the worst ever hangover in work, I mean proper destroyed. I mentally decided I was gonna walk up at dinnertime and get a chip barm with curry sauce. Come dinnertime I walked there with two of the girls from our team, absolutely hank marvin, its a good 10 minute walk there as well, which, one a freezing cold day with a hangover is no fun.

Gets there and the fella goes, "oh we've got no chips, we've only got rice at the minute". I don't think I've ever felt as gutted, I felt like crying. His excuse was "the delivery hasn't been yet". Ballbags.

Best chippy? My Little Kitchen, Dinas Lane, Huyton or Deborah's Golden Fry, East Prescot Road near where the Greyhound used to be.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: July 23, 2021, 01:37:50 pm »
I'll tell you one of the worst, the Marybone Chippy, Vauxhall Road. Its probably the only chippy close enough to walk to from our work and last year I had the worst ever hangover in work, I mean proper destroyed. I mentally decided I was gonna walk up at dinnertime and get a chip barm with curry sauce. Come dinnertime I walked there with two of the girls from our team, absolutely hank marvin, its a good 10 minute walk there as well, which, one a freezing cold day with a hangover is no fun.

Gets there and the fella goes, "oh we've got no chips, we've only got rice at the minute". I don't think I've ever felt as gutted, I felt like crying. His excuse was "the delivery hasn't been yet". Ballbags.

Best chippy? My Little Kitchen, Dinas Lane, Huyton or Deborah's Golden Fry, East Prescot Road near where the Greyhound used to be.

I work by that chippy and he's done you a favour not serving you. It's rank. A portion of chips from there and then wash it down with a pint from the vauxhall arms, a true delight!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #420 on: July 23, 2021, 03:03:55 pm »
Byrne is quite a common surname, so I'm a bit baffled over the confusion of the name :D

I wondered if it was part of the act, but it's sometimes surprising the names/places people have difficulty either spelling or pronouncing that seem pretty commonplace

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #421 on: July 23, 2021, 04:27:57 pm »

Byrnes is a class Chippy, I was told recently they'd opened another in Walton?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #422 on: July 23, 2021, 06:09:37 pm »
The one on priory rd that got destroyed by a joy rider smashing through the front was boss. There was also one in tuebrook by the car auction just next to the bridge I used to go to all the time.
Think they opened up a couple of doors along but not been
We are a team of one half.

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #423 on: July 23, 2021, 07:18:13 pm »
Think they opened up a couple of doors along but not been
You on aboot the one up towards the dentist on the same block as the Post Office? Dont think its the same family to be honest from what ive been told

Thats a nice chippy though (the new'n)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2021, 07:20:21 pm by Capon Debaser »

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #424 on: July 24, 2021, 11:44:44 am »
You on aboot the one up towards the dentist on the same block as the Post Office? Dont think its the same family to be honest from what ive been told

Thats a nice chippy though (the new'n)
Yes. Thought there was a sign or something that said that but not certain.
We are a team of one half.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #425 on: July 24, 2021, 07:04:58 pm »
Yes. Thought there was a sign or something that said that but not certain.
Had a few people pick us stuff up on the way to ours from that newn. Got told the family who owned the old one weren’t insured or something and ended up opening one up on breck rd somewhere I think a long time after