Author Topic: UFC/MMA thread  (Read 1893857 times)

Online mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: UFC/MMA thread
« Reply #25800 on: June 26, 2017, 12:53:28 pm »
It sucks because I think 4 more seconds and Chiesa is done anyway, and it took the spotlight off an impressive performance by Lee.

No need for a rematch IMO but obviously there'll be one

Yeah I think he had him but that doesn't mean referees should be able to take things into their own hands and stop fights when they feel like it.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #25801 on: June 26, 2017, 02:50:40 pm »
Poor refereeing decision. Chiesa was done in another 4 or 5 seconds anyway but now it will go to a rematch. Lucky for Chiesa in a way.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25802 on: June 26, 2017, 04:38:33 pm »
Yeah I think he had him but that doesn't mean referees should be able to take things into their own hands and stop fights when they feel like it.

After watching the replay I can see why he called the fight, Chiesa's arms make a weird movement like he's out. But...he wasn't out! Yamasaki has a history of being shit too.

Oh well, it wasn't the first time someone shit themselves in the octagon yesterday.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #25803 on: June 26, 2017, 09:59:41 pm »
After watching the replay I can see why he called the fight, Chiesa's arms make a weird movement like he's out. But...he wasn't out! Yamasaki has a history of being shit too.

Oh well, it wasn't the first time someone shit themselves in the octagon yesterday.

Chiesa was well on his way out, the choke was deep, locked and he had moved his hands from protecting albeit very briefly

I think the drama has been how quick he reacted saying he never tapped but it wasn't the worst decision, he was going to sleep

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #25804 on: June 26, 2017, 11:50:53 pm »
Chiesa was well on his way out, the choke was deep, locked and he had moved his hands from protecting albeit very briefly

I think the drama has been how quick he reacted saying he never tapped but it wasn't the worst decision, he was going to sleep
All true. I think he was fucked either ways but you just never know, maybe he could have gotten out of it somehow.

Quite simply he wasn't out and didn't tap so it's an enormous fuck up. Will have to be a rematch I think.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline MerseyParadise

• Kopite
  • Wool son of Scotty road 'arl fella
« Reply #25805 on: June 27, 2017, 01:18:21 pm »
All true. I think he was fucked either ways but you just never know, maybe he could have gotten out of it somehow.

Quite simply he wasn't out and didn't tap so it's an enormous fuck up. Will have to be a rematch I think.

Yea i was fuming on first watch but he is a foot from the fighters eyes , its a technical submission all day , same way a ref doesnt have to wait for a fight to get knocked unconcious he can step in to prevent a fighter being chocked into unconciousness . No way was Chiesa getting out of that . Fighters dont have some dvine right to wait to be put to sleep , the refs first priority is the health and safety of a fighter. If anythin Lee was robbed just as much cause there will always be an asterix next to that fight despite a comprehnsive victory for Lee where he rocked him on the feet and chocked him out.
Insert obscure quote here

Offline Jay797

• Kopite
  • We must all at least Tri
« Reply #25806 on: June 27, 2017, 10:30:19 pm »
At least he didn't tap out like a certain two belt champion  :boxhead

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #25807 on: June 27, 2017, 11:16:16 pm »
At least he didn't tap out like a certain two belt champion  :boxhead
Yeah, what a pussy that guy is.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #25809 on: July 5, 2017, 03:21:29 am »
Johnson Vs Gaethje this weekend, be interesting to see Justins' debut in the UFC, he's always game for a scrap! Diakiese on the card as well so should be entertaining.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #25810 on: July 6, 2017, 09:00:32 am »
Thoughts on Romero Whittaker? Think Yoel wins easily if he doesn't stand and strike with him. Then again I'm not sure of Whittakers credentials on the ground.

11/5 for Yoel by KO, TKO or Sub..

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #25811 on: July 6, 2017, 10:52:11 am »
Have a feeling Whittaker is going to box the head off him. Don't think Romero is going to wrestle too early and risk gassing.

some great fights this weekend and 214 still to look forward to.

Offline Lager

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25812 on: July 6, 2017, 11:19:48 am »
Johnson Vs Gaethje this weekend, be interesting to see Justins' debut in the UFC, he's always game for a scrap! Diakiese on the card as well so should be entertaining.

I've followed Diakiese on social media since his debuted at 204 and he's become a lot more sure of himself since knocking out Packalen at the London card.

The only issue is he seems to have convinced himself he's gonna have another highlight reel knockout and it might lead to him being caught himself, we'll see!

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #25813 on: July 7, 2017, 10:13:59 pm »
Anyone watching BAMMA? Stupid illegal shot from Philpott but Walsh took an easy way out there.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #25814 on: July 8, 2017, 05:01:13 am »
Wow, Gaethje/Johnson just had fight of the year.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25815 on: July 8, 2017, 05:02:25 am »

How Johnson didn't finish him is staggering!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #25816 on: July 8, 2017, 12:38:10 pm »
What a fight it was brilliant! Johnson so drained he couldn't even stand up. Gaethje is a warrior, he's gained a new fan. Although he's gonna get KO'd badly by someone with that style of his.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #25817 on: July 8, 2017, 02:43:50 pm »
The pace and violence of the fight was special in its own right but then you add in the drama of Gaethje getting rocked twice and you have (easily?) the fight of the year so far.

Ferguson/Gaetjhe for the interim is the fight we need. Sorry Khabib.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25818 on: July 8, 2017, 02:59:47 pm »
The pace and violence of the fight was special in its own right but then you add in the drama of Gaethje getting rocked twice and you have (easily?) the fight of the year so far.

Ferguson/Gaetjhe for the interim is the fight we need. Sorry Khabib.

This is the new UFC so I'm 98% sure that'll happen.

And then Gaethje is done.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #25819 on: July 8, 2017, 05:19:45 pm »

Best fight I've watched since Cub/Korean Superboy

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #25820 on: July 8, 2017, 09:07:23 pm »
Fuck, Nunes/Schevchenko is off.

Was really looking forward to that.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25821 on: July 8, 2017, 10:15:23 pm »
Dana white is being a fucking c*nt again, I guess if your name isn't Conor McGregor he really doesn't give a fuck about you.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25822 on: July 9, 2017, 12:25:52 am »
Dana white is being a fucking c*nt again, I guess if your name isn't Conor McGregor he really doesn't give a fuck about you.

Not seeing quotes, was it "DO YOU WANNA BE A FUCKIN FIGHTER" etc?

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25823 on: July 9, 2017, 12:34:52 am »
Not seeing quotes, was it "DO YOU WANNA BE A FUCKIN FIGHTER" etc?

Basically throwing Nunes under the bus because some doctor said she could probably fight , but she chose not to agd the commission wouldn't clear a fighter who had been to the hospital the day of the fight.

Jeremy Botter talking about it.

Now Dana running to TMZ

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2017/07/08/amanda-nunes-too-ill-to-fight-ufc-213/
« Last Edit: July 9, 2017, 12:36:58 am by Chakan »

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25824 on: July 9, 2017, 12:52:11 am »
Basically throwing Nunes under the bus because some doctor said she could probably fight , but she chose not to agd the commission wouldn't clear a fighter who had been to the hospital the day of the fight.

Jeremy Botter talking about it.

Now Dana running to TMZ

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2017/07/08/amanda-nunes-too-ill-to-fight-ufc-213/

Fucking egg headed twat. When will he stop trying to be the fucking big man all the time? He did this to Anderson, GSP and Aldo before. You protect your fighters at all times, don't try and get yourself over at their expense.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25825 on: July 9, 2017, 01:16:56 am »
Would absolutely hate working for him. He's probably the worst boss at protecting his employees. It's not like she's made a habit out it. She's fucking sick and he wants her to fight. What a shit house.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25826 on: July 9, 2017, 04:43:09 am »
Would absolutely hate working for him. He's probably the worst boss at protecting his employees. It's not like she's made a habit out it. She's fucking sick and he wants her to fight. What a shit house.

Guy worth more than any fighter without ever taking a punch, talking shit about people making 5 figures to risk brain damage.

Is it so hard to say "it sucks but she's feeling terrible and we don't want to risk her health".

If there's ever some sort of huge lawsuit out of all this CTE research, I hope the egg is front and center on the stand.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25827 on: July 9, 2017, 05:13:36 am »
Werdum you absolute dumbass

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25828 on: July 9, 2017, 06:07:07 am »
Jesus, Whittaker must be the worst champion in forever?

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25829 on: July 9, 2017, 07:55:06 am »
Pettis-Miller was great. Was good to see Pettis having fun and looking confident in there, reminded me of the WEC version

Jim Miller is a fighter I will always watch, always brings it and in the same category as Diego Sanchez and Joe Lauzon in that regard
« Last Edit: July 9, 2017, 08:03:44 am by 7777 »

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #25830 on: July 9, 2017, 12:37:37 pm »

Wow, what a terrible shout. He just beat one of the best in the division in one of the most stacked divisions, on one leg pretty much. After previously finishing Jacare.

He's already a more impressive champion than Bisping.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25831 on: July 9, 2017, 03:29:21 pm »

What on Gods earth are you on about? He beat Jacare and Romero, they arent bums by any stretch of imagination. Bisping as the champion beat a no neck moving Dan Henderson who knocked him on his arse twice.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25832 on: July 9, 2017, 04:25:05 pm »
Wow, what a terrible shout. He just beat one of the best in the division in one of the most stacked divisions, on one leg pretty much. After previously finishing Jacare.

He's already a more impressive champion than Bisping.

He's a scrappy mediocre dude who got chased out of the weight class below. He's beaten two old guys, one of whom has terrible cardio and was one leg kick away from losing, in his own words. There is absolutely nothing remarkable about him, he's basically a short polite Griffin or Bonnar.

The worst part is MW is just a bunch of fading old guys so he might go four years undefeated at this point. Maybe Kelvin Gastelum will be a good opponent - meaning the two top MWs will be guys who couldn't cut it at WW.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25833 on: July 9, 2017, 04:33:59 pm »
You can only beat what is in front of you.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25834 on: July 9, 2017, 04:41:06 pm »
You can only beat what is in front of you.

Absolutely, it just requires context IMO. Like Weidman. People might call him the GOAT killer, but in reality he beat a bunch of old dudes, then drug testing got better so he shrank and now he's getting crushed by everyone and their dog. His career is impressive in that he beat Anderson, Machida and Vitor. However in context he was probably just a roided up monster who failed spectacularly without his PEDs.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25835 on: July 10, 2017, 03:27:53 pm »
He's a scrappy mediocre dude who got chased out of the weight class below. He's beaten two old guys, one of whom has terrible cardio and was one leg kick away from losing, in his own words. There is absolutely nothing remarkable about him, he's basically a short polite Griffin or Bonnar.

The worst part is MW is just a bunch of fading old guys so he might go four years undefeated at this point. Maybe Kelvin Gastelum will be a good opponent - meaning the two top MWs will be guys who couldn't cut it at WW.

Gastelum could mix with the Welterweights, he just wasn't disciplined to make the weight

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25836 on: July 10, 2017, 03:30:02 pm »
Probably the first UFC event in a long time I won't bother watching. Or maybe just for the Pettis fight.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25837 on: July 10, 2017, 04:55:30 pm »
Gastelum could mix with the Welterweights, he just wasn't disciplined to make the weight

That was the pun!

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25838 on: July 10, 2017, 04:56:17 pm »
That was the pun!

:-[

Sorry for being captain obvious mate  ;D ;D

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25839 on: July 10, 2017, 05:01:26 pm »
:-[

Sorry for being captain obvious mate  ;D ;D

Haha! It is a good point, but it's just weird. Like usually you're a talented MW and you cut down to WW to take advantage of your size. I think Anderson fought at 170 very early in his career, Overeem was a LHW before a HW and there's Conor too, but it's weird to see a potential top two at one weight be guys that are physically better suited to the class below. Anderson and Conor were/are probably better off where they ended up, physically.

Hey Claus, fuck off.