Author Topic: Roy Hodgson tells Glen Johnson to get his act together  (Read 129489 times)

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
Re: Roy Hodgson tells Glen Johnson to get his act together
« Reply #1400 on: January 7, 2011, 11:20:33 pm »
Doesn't matter what you think of the lad as a defender, but if you think he doesn't have good technical ability, despite seeing him skin defenders numerous times since he's been here and take the piss out of them a fair few times, then you're blind mate. Not great defending, worse now under Hodgson (because he can't seem to stand the man) but going forward, in a good side, he's got plenty of 'technical ability'.

We must mean different things when we say "technical ability". To me, Glen Johnson has agricultural footballing skills.

Iniesta has great technical ability. Xavi Hernandez has good technical ability. Srna (another right back) has good technical ability.

Glen Johnson is stiff, has poor ball control, cannot receive quick passes properly, etc.

Don't call me blind just because I disagree with you.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline flying red

• Kopite
« Reply #1401 on: January 8, 2011, 01:23:55 am »
I'd say that GJ has excellent close control and his strength is dribbling at pace. His passing is usually well-intentioned (i.e. he's thought about it/worked out where to play the ball). His first touch receiving isn't always great - I've seen him take two touches to control a driven pass. He's a top athlete and has shown he can score goals. He has the potential to be a match winner, if played to his strengths. Sadly Roy doesn't evaluate the strengths of his squad, he just imposes a pattern of play on whoever's fit and available

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #1402 on: January 8, 2011, 02:09:59 am »
Seriously, I am starting to doubt my sanity and my eye-sight, even with proper corrective lenses.

I've been wrong before when I was pretty certain I was right, so who knows . . .
Ludi Circenses!

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1403 on: January 8, 2011, 02:27:48 am »
Johnson can be too casual at times (or takes his eye off the ball too early, looking up) when controlling a pass or even when taking an extra touch; I can picture a few instances where the ball gets stuck between his feet when he should be taking it out in front of him. But his technique is good, as evidenced when he's on form, close control when running at someone at top speed and in his ability to squeeze a cross out of only a 'half-step' up against the byline.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1404 on: January 9, 2011, 04:41:39 pm »
Why he did not play today?

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1405 on: January 9, 2011, 04:42:28 pm »
His partner is having a baby
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline JWAlonso

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1406 on: January 9, 2011, 04:42:29 pm »

GF in labour.
"At The End Of The Storm, There Is A Golden Sky"

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1407 on: January 9, 2011, 04:44:30 pm »

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1408 on: January 9, 2011, 04:44:33 pm »
Martin Kelly tells Glen Johnson to get his act together......by putting in an excellent stint and doing his talking on the pitch.

A real argument to suggest Kelly and right back and Johson at right wing could be worth a go. Nothing to lose by trying it and it may just click.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #1409 on: January 9, 2011, 04:46:44 pm »
Kelly definately put a shift in. Looked solid and I think he deserves to keep his place for the next game. To be honest, just having a baby he may need a rest on wednesday.

Maybe a case for pushing Johnson onto RM for a game and see if he has a good effect on the game or not. Put some theories to rest anyways.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Online Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1410 on: January 9, 2011, 04:48:13 pm »

partner went into labour.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #1411 on: January 9, 2011, 04:52:35 pm »
I was against the Kelly at RB, Glen RW idea before.

but seeing another pathetic display by our wingers and a commanding game by Martin......I'll welcome the idea to be played in Blackpool

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1412 on: January 9, 2011, 04:56:16 pm »
I'll be the first to say it then shall I? Good luck with your wife in labour Glen, hope it all goes as well as it can.

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1413 on: January 9, 2011, 04:57:13 pm »
I was against the Kelly at RB, Glen RW idea before.

but seeing another pathetic display by our wingers and a commanding game by Martin......I'll welcome the idea to be played in Blackpool

We have wingers?
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.