Author Topic: Nintendo Switch (was NX)  (Read 111480 times)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Nintendo Switch (was NX)
« Reply #840 on: July 22, 2019, 07:43:35 pm »
oooh , what else are you playing ? Mind me asking how old the lad is (got an 8 and 5 year old as an excuse to play games, and a 21 year old, but that's a tougher gig).

I'm hoping the nearness in price of the new console is signalling a drop in regular switch price before birthdays in October...

Lad is 6.
He’s just got into Minecraft so trying to work that out. He also plays Smash Brothers, Splatoon and Yoshi’s Wooly World a little bit too. Oh and the Marvel Lego game.

Also hoping for some kind of price drop but not that hopeful. Nintendo famous for their hold on the RRP!
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #841 on: July 22, 2019, 07:57:07 pm »
I'm hoping the nearness in price of the new console is signalling a drop in regular switch price before birthdays in October...

https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/new-nintendo-switch-revision-will-offer-significantly-better-battery-life/
https://www.cnet.com/how-to/make-sure-you-dont-buy-the-wrong-switch-this-august/

Basically, they're silently updating the regular Switch as well as launching the handheld only model, so I am skeptical of the chance of price drops. Newer models will have better battery life and slightly changed insides. Worth waiting for - I think the only chance of discounts is if shops are trying to get rid of the older model.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #842 on: July 22, 2019, 10:22:45 pm »
Anyone playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3? Thinking of getting it for the roster alone.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #843 on: July 24, 2019, 09:40:10 pm »
Anyone playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3? Thinking of getting it for the roster alone.

Defo eyeing it up, although reluctant to spend £40 on it at the moment. Problem with Switch games is they retain their value for years, Zelda is still floating around for £40-50!

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #844 on: July 25, 2019, 09:31:23 pm »
jesus the labo stuff is good, lads love it

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #845 on: July 25, 2019, 10:18:50 pm »
Lad is 6.
He’s just got into Minecraft so trying to work that out. He also plays Smash Brothers, Splatoon and Yoshi’s Wooly World a little bit too. Oh and the Marvel Lego game.

Also hoping for some kind of price drop but not that hopeful. Nintendo famous for their hold on the RRP!
Thanks. We like Splatoon too. Must look into Yoshi's Wooly World.  The lego games are always a bit fun, but repetitive.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #846 on: July 31, 2019, 05:16:21 am »
Getting one of these for the missus and lad for our front room, as they are still playing the Wii, she likes stuff like Carnival Games and Wii Sports, so I'll be looking for any tips for that or party games or such forth if anyone has any?

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: July 31, 2019, 05:41:14 am »
Getting one of these for the missus and lad for our front room, as they are still playing the Wii, she likes stuff like Carnival Games and Wii Sports, so I'll be looking for any tips for that or party games or such forth if anyone has any?

You can get Carnival Games on the switch I think, as well as Mario Party and I think Labo has a party game but not 100% on that.

Mario and Sonic at the games is getting released at some point an all.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #848 on: July 31, 2019, 01:35:55 pm »
My eldest daughter has started BOTW again, two years after spending almost 200 hours playing it over several months.

I keep finding myself taking the controller off her to have a go.

Probably the finest game I’ve ever played. Admittedly, I’m not much of a gamer anymore

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #849 on: July 31, 2019, 02:28:43 pm »

Obligatory Mario Kart shout, but it might also be good to try 1-2 Switch (https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-02-1-2-switch) seems like it would be good fun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #850 on: July 31, 2019, 04:18:38 pm »
Obligatory Mario Kart shout, but it might also be good to try 1-2 Switch (https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-02-1-2-switch) seems like it would be good fun
Yeah mate, I've Kart 8, Mario Odyssey, Carnival Games and Super Smash Bros all lined up for it.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #851 on: September 4, 2019, 11:44:26 pm »
SNES games have been announced, the same set up as the NES games.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #852 on: September 5, 2019, 11:37:01 am »
Does anyone expect any decent deals on the original switch in the lead up to Christmas?

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: September 7, 2019, 04:34:35 pm »
SNES games have been announced, the same set up as the NES games.

Great to play ALTTP and Mario World again.  Looking forward to playing Super Metroid for the first time too

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #854 on: September 9, 2019, 08:08:40 am »
Does anyone expect any decent deals on the original switch in the lead up to Christmas?
I asked this earlier. Seems to be unlikely. Maybe black Friday, but it's more likely to be a decent package than a console price drop.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #855 on: September 11, 2019, 01:56:13 am »
I'm considering, at some point:

Astral Chain (because the the gameplay looks cool, albeit potentially a little too fast paced for me)
Divinity 2 (because I haven't played it and the reviews are out of the world)
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (because I love the XCom games
Fire Emblem: Three Houses (because I love the series)
Bloodstained (because the reviews are very positive for other platforms and I like Castlevania, so I'm willing to wait for them to fix up the Switch port)

Already have:

Zelda (finished it)
Mario Kart 8
Smash Bros
Arms

I'd think about Galaxy, but it seems like too big an investment of time when I already have two guaranteed time sinks on the list, plus I imagine I might be tempted to get The Witcher 3 when it's out later as well.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #856 on: September 11, 2019, 12:26:22 pm »

Astral Chain (because the the gameplay looks cool, albeit potentially a little too fast paced for me)
Bloodstained (because the reviews are very positive for other platforms and I like Castlevania, so I'm willing to wait for them to fix up the Switch port)

Already have:

Zelda (finished it)
Mario Kart 8
Smash Bros
Arms

I'd think about Galaxy, but it seems like too big an investment of time when I already have two guaranteed time sinks on the list, plus I imagine I might be tempted to get The Witcher 3 when it's out later as well.

Fire Emblem has been absolutely excellent, I love it

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #857 on: September 11, 2019, 12:39:37 pm »

Already have:

Zelda (finished it)
Mario Kart 8
Smash Bros
Arms

I want to play all of these but I'm finding it hard to find the time along with all the great PS4 games I still need to play too!

It's hard being a gamer these days haha.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #858 on: September 25, 2019, 11:22:52 am »
Was trying to hold out till Christmas, but I caved and picked up a Switch with BotW and Fire Emblem today. That's probably the next 6 months sorted for me.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #859 on: September 28, 2019, 07:44:56 am »
24 shrines left on Zelda before I then spend a few hours upgrading all my armour and doing side quests etc, before finally battling Ganon.

What a fucking game. I knew it would be good when I bought it but I can honestly say I’ve never enjoyed a game more. Worth the console price on its own - I bought the game in January and it’s still
Not done!

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: September 28, 2019, 10:32:57 am »
24 shrines left on Zelda before I then spend a few hours upgrading all my armour and doing side quests etc, before finally battling Ganon.

What a fucking game. I knew it would be good when I bought it but I can honestly say I’ve never enjoyed a game more. Worth the console price on its own - I bought the game in January and it’s still
Not done!

Think I got it middle of 2017 and I'm going even slower than you! Taking it all in. I'm on WiiU but have now finally ordered the Switch for the lads Christmas present.

Was the Untitled Goose Game that pushed me over the edge :lmao have to have it. Looking forward to the remake of Links Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, and having a non glitched version of Mario Kart where I can actually play all the tracks (my Wii U version has a bug that drives me mad)

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #861 on: October 2, 2019, 12:31:04 am »

Not done!

Literally finished this an hour ago. I got it with my Switch in August last year but once I did the tutorial and the game world opened up, I left it to gather dust. However I've smashed it over the last week or two now and really enjoyed playing it. I was asking a friend if the DLC was worth it as I just wanted to play more Zelda stuff and he did remind me that there's a SNES game available in the Classic connection.

I've got Dragon Quest XI to now soothe my Switch until Death Stranding comes out.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #862 on: October 11, 2019, 12:57:20 pm »
Anyone aware of any good bundle deals?, saw one on Game for £339 for the console and Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario Maker 2, considering the games retail for about £40 a pop that doesn't look too shabby

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #863 on: November 8, 2019, 07:27:04 pm »
Luigi’s Mansion 3.

Fucking brilliant.

Nothing else needs to be said.

Offline Casablancas

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #864 on: November 26, 2019, 08:19:34 pm »
Recently got a Switch. Currently got Zelda BOTW, Super Mario Odyssey and Superhot.

I've got Fifa 20 on the Ps4 and really like it, but I doubt I'll be on the Ps4 much now I've got a switch, so was thinking about picking Fifa up for the Switch. Is it really the shitshow that the reviews say it is?
Without the sunglasses, Weekend at Bernie's would have been a very dark, strange tale.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #865 on: December 4, 2019, 11:19:42 am »
Really enjoying Bloodstained now that it's been patched. It's terrific fun.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #866 on: December 9, 2019, 05:24:35 pm »
Just picked up one of these with Mario Kart and Zelda. First venture into a switch so dont have a clue about it all really.

Any must buys for it?
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #867 on: December 9, 2019, 07:58:02 pm »
Just picked up one of these with Mario Kart and Zelda. First venture into a switch so dont have a clue about it all really.

Any must buys for it?

Luigi’s Mansion 3, Mario Odyssey are two i’d recommend.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #868 on: December 9, 2019, 08:09:46 pm »
Luigi’s Mansion 3, Mario Odyssey are two i’d recommend.

Just been looking at Luigi's Mansion on the store, will give Odyssey a look. Cheers mate.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #869 on: December 9, 2019, 08:53:49 pm »
Can never go wrong with Rocket League.

Golf Story’s a decent little game, The Touryst looks a wonderful game too, not got that yet. In fact...
AHA!

Offline Stand Free

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #870 on: December 13, 2019, 04:38:58 pm »
Finally bit the bullet and bought one. Anyone got any recommendations for a few games that may be a bit cheaper by now? Will pick up pokemon but don't want to be spending full price on a load of games at the moment.

Cheers

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #871 on: December 13, 2019, 09:54:09 pm »
Finally bit the bullet and bought one. Anyone got any recommendations for a few games that may be a bit cheaper by now? Will pick up pokemon but don't want to be spending full price on a load of games at the moment.

Cheers

Zelda BOTW, but you won’t get much reduction on that.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #872 on: December 14, 2019, 11:00:48 am »
Golf Story, Oxenfree, Paladdins (if you want an online shooter)

Offline Stand Free

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #873 on: December 16, 2019, 01:00:58 pm »
Cheers appreciate it, will check out the recommendations!

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #874 on: December 17, 2019, 02:44:51 am »

Picked up Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and I don't know why I waited so long. It's terrific fun. It's such a reliable franchise.

Cheers

It looks like both Splatoon 2 and Rocket League are fairly regularly on sale. Both good games.

It's not a great platform for sales though.

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #875 on: December 17, 2019, 03:53:54 pm »
Managed to grab a brand new Switch and Mario Kart 8 for £200, happy days!

I'd say if you're looking to buy a Switch, check places like Facebook Marketplace and Shpock, I've noticed they're cheaper than Ebay. Some sellers just don't know the value of some things.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #876 on: December 22, 2019, 03:30:01 pm »
My son's has developed a bit of an annoying problem recently. It ran out of memory so we bought a memory card (a decent one from PC World as opposed to some crap off ebay) but since using the memory card, the controllers drift really badly. It's a bit of an issue for most games but things like Fortnite etc are unplayable because he can't aim.

Anyone had anything similar before at all?

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #877 on: December 22, 2019, 03:35:07 pm »
My son's has developed a bit of an annoying problem recently. It ran out of memory so we bought a memory card (a decent one from PC World as opposed to some crap off ebay) but since using the memory card, the controllers drift really badly. It's a bit of an issue for most games but things like Fortnite etc are unplayable because he can't aim.

Anyone had anything similar before at all?

From what I've read, controller drift is a thing regardless of what memory card you have - I doubt it's actually related to you changing the memory. It's a problem with the controllers, have a google as there's lots of advice out there. I think Nintendo might even have started offering replacement ones.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: December 22, 2019, 03:39:15 pm »
From what I've read, controller drift is a thing regardless of what memory card you have - I doubt it's actually related to you changing the memory. It's a problem with the controllers, have a google as there's lots of advice out there. I think Nintendo might even have started offering replacement ones.

Nice one mate, thank you. The only reason I associated the two is because when you take the memory card out it seems to stop. I'll get onto battling with Nintendo. Thanks again.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #879 on: December 22, 2019, 03:45:08 pm »
I had the controller issue when I first bought my lads a couple of years ago. Even with replacement controllers it still happened so ended up getting the console replaced.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT