Author Topic: Shenmue 3!!!!  (Read 3061 times)

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
Shenmue 3!!!!
« on: June 16, 2015, 11:46:10 am »
Looks like it may finally be happening! !

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Re: Shenmue 3!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 12:17:58 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aLRWL0s0l10" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aLRWL0s0l10</a>

:D

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 02:14:37 pm »
Raised $2,000,000 in 8 hours.

I'm sure publishers will pump another 20-30 million into development, the Kickstarter was essentially there to gauge interest.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 02:25:29 pm »
2 and a half years away though, hard to get genuinely excited for a game that's so far away from release, that'll be what?, 14 years from Shenmue 2?

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 02:26:57 pm »
Yeah, really pleased for the creator though. These things would happen a lot sooner if publishers had some balls.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 02:30:46 pm »
Weren't sales pretty poor for the first two though?, surprised XBOX didn't pounce, the first two were on the original XBOX (i think).

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 02:32:31 pm »
The first was a Dreamcast Exclusive but the second was on the Xbox and Dreamcast I seem to remember

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 02:41:03 pm »
The original Shenmue did well, sold a million on the Dreamcast which only sold 10 million units in it's entire lifetime.

Shenmue 2 came out long after the Dreamcast had died, to counter this they also put it on the original Xbox. But by that point the PS2 was rampant.

I can see from a numbers point of view publishers might have not seen the potential, but they should be listening to the wider community.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 05:11:29 pm »
The first was a Dreamcast Exclusive but the second was on the Xbox and Dreamcast I seem to remember

The 2nd came out on the xbox a long time after the dreamcast version did and most didnt know of it unless they had a dreamcast with the original in the first place. Which then youd have bought the 2nd one anyway for the dreamcast. I still have mine with shenmue. Might give it a spin.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 05:16:11 pm by macca007 »

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 05:18:29 pm »
Never thought I would see the day!!😃

The greatest video game story never  finished, those first 2 games pushed the Dreamcast to the absolute limit. And Yu Suzuki is at the helm. Everything is right in the world today. Can't wait to kick that murdering bastard Lan Di's hole!

You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 07:54:39 pm »
The original Shenmue was just an amazing experience. One of the best I can recall from any game I've played. I never played the second one, though.

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 08:33:41 pm »
i blame shenmue for quicktime events
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2015, 01:42:17 pm »
i blame shenmue for quicktime events

I first remember them from one of the Die Hard games on the PS and Saturn. I really liked them at the time when they were just introduced.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2017, 09:46:16 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UweI4Ra2QbM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UweI4Ra2QbM</a>

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 10:16:05 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UweI4Ra2QbM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UweI4Ra2QbM</a>

This must be real early.  The environment looks decent but the faces are horrible.  No animation at all.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2017, 12:25:24 pm »
Yeah it looks like shit in that trailer.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2017, 08:52:13 am »
It's a pretty low budget game, hoping they improve the animation s and models

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2017, 02:55:25 pm »
What a load of wank will pay 10 quid for this and that is being kind for a ps2 looking game.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2017, 04:02:17 pm »
What a load of wank will pay 10 quid for this and that is being kind for a ps2 looking game.

So what if it looks like a ps2 game (it doesn't)

There's more to some games than just visuals

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2017, 06:53:15 pm »
So what if it looks like a ps2 game (it doesn't)

There's more to some games than just visuals

No there isn't. If it doesn't look super duper, it may as well not exist ;D

It's like saying Istanbul doesn't count because we didn't play expansive pretty football in every game. But I'd take it over, say, Arsenal's 2006 run to losing the final all day.

As you say, there is far more to a video game than the visuals. For a start, good art direction can hide a multitude of technical skills. Also, there's this thing called 'gameplay', apparently it's quite important and in some cases, almost a primary reason for the game to exist?

Don't get the modern moans about 'ooh when their faces look weird it breaks the immersion' and all that shit to be honest. I played on a ZX Spectrum, I used this thing called imagination to fill in the gaps. I pity those who lack the wherewithal to use this 'imagination' upgrade, better than an X Box One X Pro as you can even use it when you're not plugged in ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 08:40:41 pm »
Reports saying that Shenmue 1 and 2 will be re released for Xbox one and PS4

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2018, 11:35:41 am »

This has been confirmed now.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2018, 01:23:59 am »

anybody on this?

downloaded a jarg copy for pc to see how it was first, was going to uninstall after 15-20 minutes simply because of the controls which haven't aged well, the left/right to rotate and up to move thing should've been left back in the 90's/early 2000's, gave it a bit longer and it's started to grow on me, controls are still shite mind and i can't get out of the habit of trying to move the camera with the right stick, which seems to have been a staple in games for years now so it's hard to remember that the dreamcast only had a left stick and d-pad

the actual game though is still sound, so far, i can't remember any combat from when i first played it but i think there was some virtua fighter style fighting? there is a move list in the options which i don't really fancy with the controls, the qte's aren't a major problem but i have had some issues with d-pad commands, that might be me as i'm using a usb xbox controller and have always found the d-pad a bit dodgy, when i calibrate controllers on pc the ps4 controller for instance always shows down on the d-pad as down, with my xbox controller it could register as fucking anything ;D think it's time to get a long cable for my ds4 as that's the only reason i don't use it

enjoying it though, things are still foggy but with each bit of progress loads of things keep flooding back, like the fat piss head in the yellow shirt who wobbles around town every night ;D nice trip down memory lane so far but not sure if it's worth £25

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2019, 10:55:11 pm »
19th November is the release date for Shenmue 3 and it’s an exclusive on the Epic store for PC.