Author Topic: The Division  (Read 39727 times)

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Division
« Reply #200 on: March 9, 2016, 11:07:23 pm »
really good game this, level 16 now and the encounters feel like mini missions. so much to do.
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: March 10, 2016, 12:50:22 am »
Shopto order still hasn't arrived (also been told by them i'm not eligible for the £5 money back because of the release day guarantee for some daft reason, even though i pre-ordered it ages ago!)

So went out and bought a copy from Tesco, will sell the other one if it arrives!

Looking forward to jumping onto a RAWK team if anyone's up for it?

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #202 on: March 10, 2016, 11:24:38 am »
Don't know if I'm being stupid but I just don't get it so far. What the bloody hell is happening/has happened/am I supposed to be doing :lmao

An engineered virus (the Dollar Virus) has turned Manhattan into a wasteland on Black Friday, you're a sleeper agent that's been activated to restore order and find out who is behind it.  You have a base that's upgradeable to help with that - Medical Wing; Tech Wing; Security Wing.  Missions reward XP and supplies for the Wings which help you and them level up to proceed further with the story.

Pretty simple :)
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #203 on: March 10, 2016, 11:25:33 am »
really good game this, level 16 now and the encounters feel like mini missions. so much to do.

It's as good as I was hoping for.  Just having an hour on Destiny to break the hold it has on me :)
Believe.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: March 10, 2016, 04:03:51 pm »
It's as good as I was hoping for.  Just having an hour on Destiny to break the hold it has on me :)

went on to check the armsday rolls, couldn't wait to get back to the division. will go back on destinty for trials.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: March 10, 2016, 06:05:39 pm »
enjoying it now i've got into it, tried doing the subway morgue (or whatever it's called?) mission solo but failed miserably with the boss, the controls don't help as they feel a bit clunky in interiors or tight environments, should be easier in co-op when there's someone to draw him away while the other recovers/reloads etc

had to rescue someone called r benitez & kill a boss called martinez so what's not to like about it :D

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #206 on: March 10, 2016, 06:17:17 pm »
enjoying it now i've got into it, tried doing the subway morgue (or whatever it's called?) mission solo but failed miserably with the boss, the controls don't help as they feel a bit clunky in interiors or tight environments, should be easier in co-op when there's someone to draw him away while the other recovers/reloads etc

had to rescue someone called r benitez & kill a boss called martinez so what's not to like about it :D

I'm stuck on that boss.

Left that mission for now and leveling up a bit more and see if that makes it easier.

I have a feeling one of the game designers is a Liverpool fan.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: March 11, 2016, 03:11:19 am »
So finally had a go tonight and fucking love it!

Definately need to jump on with a RAWK squad!

PSN ID is the same as my username on here :wave

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: March 11, 2016, 05:12:33 am »
I have to say this game is unique. It feels unlike any game I have ever played. The scale of the map is insane. It's so surreal walking around NY but it's an amazing feat of gaming production.

I just hope there are enough missions to keep us entertained. I think I did about 4 missions today and my first forays into the DZ, but I also did quite a few side missions and lil extras and that got me from lvl 12 to 19 and lvl 13 DZ. The one side mission almost felt like a full blown mission when doing it solo. Good fun.

I now have a purple AK-47 and a purple Uzi or some such and the Uzi wrecks everything, it is amazing. I think a high lvl shotgun is gonna be my next purchase hopefully and then a really good sniper.

Anyone know anything about end game activities? Is there anything resembling a raid or anything?

Offline TheFooFighter

• Kopite
  • Where's the gin
« Reply #209 on: March 11, 2016, 09:25:56 am »
Fantastic game this! Me and a mate spent about 45 minutes trying to beat the boss on the Times Square power grid mission last night. 2 of us pinned down by four snipers having to grind it out. Felt like it took forever but easily the most intense bit of multiplayer gaming I have experienced in a long time.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #210 on: March 11, 2016, 09:29:46 am »
Started this this morning before work.  Only played 2 missions, and went solo, but the game just feels like it's going to be absolutely epic.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: March 11, 2016, 09:41:36 am »
20 hours in so far and only Level 14, boss game though.

Been doing all mission on hard which is definitely much better, seem to breeze past most enemies on the normal setting.

THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #212 on: March 11, 2016, 11:08:09 am »
lvl 16/17 now... absolutely loving this game, lots of fun and works well alone or in a group of 4

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: March 11, 2016, 12:45:11 pm »
Wasn't a massive fan of the beta, good game design but just found the enemies soaked up too many bullets, very similar to Destiny. Have they balanced that out on the full version?

Inevitably end up buying it over the coming weeks anyway I reckon!

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #214 on: March 11, 2016, 01:19:15 pm »
Wasn't a massive fan of the beta, good game design but just found the enemies soaked up too many bullets, very similar to Destiny. Have they balanced that out on the full version?

Inevitably end up buying it over the coming weeks anyway I reckon!

all depends on their level and your weapon really, if you go into a higher level area you'll find the enemies are bullet sponges but once you upgrade or find better equipment you can kill them quicker, it's not been a big problem for me anyway

standard mmorpg fare to be honest but don't think there's a better way of doing it, if it was like real life and 1 bullet to the head was enough you'd be able to walk straight through the game without having to grind to level up and get better loot

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #215 on: March 11, 2016, 06:29:11 pm »
Picked up my first Superior weapon earlier.  Now level 18, loving the grind.
Believe.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #216 on: March 11, 2016, 09:15:17 pm »
Just picked this up on my way home tonight, I'll be on PSN this weekend if anyone wants to add me for some Rawk squad action, tag is below.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: March 11, 2016, 09:51:52 pm »
got a purple 20k damage Aug, laser beam

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #218 on: March 12, 2016, 12:20:33 am »
the dark zone is great fun. lots of high rated drops.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #219 on: March 12, 2016, 01:26:28 am »
Enjoying this quite a bit. Better than Destiny in all ways.

Matchmaking's a bit wank though. 9/10 2/3 of the players I match up with are AFK/doing their own thing.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #220 on: March 12, 2016, 08:41:39 am »
the dark zone is great fun. lots of high rated drops.

I haven't found any? I was in there for an hour, all the drops I found were greens/not better than what I picked up in PvE area

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #221 on: March 12, 2016, 08:44:47 am »

I haven't found any? I was in there for an hour, all the drops I found were greens/not better than what I picked up in PvE area

Try to kill more yellow/bosses you will find them at the landmark locations on your map

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: March 12, 2016, 10:06:16 am »

maybe has something to do with rank? first time i was in it last night, i ranked up extremely fast with my group.  I think im currently rank 16 or so (servers down at present so cant check).  i had blues dropping for days and a few purples! its so much fun doing dark zone.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: March 12, 2016, 10:33:20 am »
my first drop was a purple shotty from a yellow bar enemy, went in with a higher rank friend.

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: March 12, 2016, 03:06:27 pm »
Anyone with it on the Xbox about today to join up?

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: March 12, 2016, 03:57:40 pm »
I've got these gear mods and I can't attach any of them to my armor... Pissing me off

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: March 12, 2016, 04:25:06 pm »
I've got these gear mods and I can't attach any of them to my armor... Pissing me off

Got shit loads of these, anyone have any idea how to use them?

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: March 12, 2016, 05:51:20 pm »
Got shit loads of these, anyone have any idea how to use them?

If you look in your inventory, the screen which it shows you what gear you have equipped, you will see like a blank rectangle slot below certain gear.  Those with blank slots you can mod, just click the mod button and apply.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #228 on: March 12, 2016, 08:22:02 pm »
Started this last night and played a good bit today, loving it so far. Theres no end of stuff to do, I can see myself playing a lot of this in the coming weeks.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: March 13, 2016, 12:36:41 am »
finished the story missions and I'm at level 30, daily missions are unlocked now

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: March 13, 2016, 02:20:28 am »
Got to lvl 30 today, now trying to get my DZ rank up to lvl 30. had A LOT of purple drops in the DZ to be fair :D but just crafted a primary assault rifle which has dodgy stability but fires with the mod i just added over 1000 rpm
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 02:26:04 am by abs-ibs »

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: March 13, 2016, 05:02:50 am »
I also have a submachine gun that gives me 91000 dps and almost no recoil, it is a BEAST of a weapon :D

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: March 13, 2016, 09:13:42 am »
An objective team based pvp would be cool, wonder if they'll bring one in later down the line

Also is there anyway to check your lifetime stats? Would like to know how many kills, deaths, accuracy, favourite weapon etc
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 09:17:18 am by Upinsmoke »

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: March 13, 2016, 11:57:22 am »
If you look in your inventory, the screen which it shows you what gear you have equipped, you will see like a blank rectangle slot below certain gear.  Those with blank slots you can mod, just click the mod button and apply.

Cheers mate will give it a look when I get in today.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #234 on: March 13, 2016, 12:48:30 pm »
This game is just unreal, and I haven't even ventured into the Dark Zone with my mates yet!

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: March 13, 2016, 05:22:47 pm »
A new mission has appeared today, but I'm waiting for my team to get the fuck online dammit :(

Anyhow I'm just having fun doing encounter missions trying to get the points to fully upgrade my BoO.

I wonder if the success of this will inspire them to do a similar take in different cities?

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 13, 2016, 07:56:21 pm »
Still only level 8 on this after about 6 hours play, any tips to level up quicker? Is it worth playing old missions on HARD difficulty?

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #237 on: March 13, 2016, 08:11:34 pm »
Still only level 8 on this after about 6 hours play, any tips to level up quicker? Is it worth playing old missions on HARD difficulty?

You don't get Xp for repeating missions mate you only get it once

Visit each safe house in each district unlock all the side missions and complete them you can lvl up pretty quick just doing that !

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: March 13, 2016, 10:08:53 pm »
done 2 daily missions, couldn't do the 3rd as we weren't doing enough damage on the 32 level enemies

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #239 on: March 14, 2016, 09:12:36 pm »
The dark zone seems unplayable for me right now, everytime I go in there within a minute I have been killed in one shot by something at level 30.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.