Author Topic: Pardon the Interruption/Around the Horn  (Read 969 times)

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
Pardon the Interruption/Around the Horn
« on: October 12, 2017, 12:03:33 pm »
Anyone watch these shows (the US PTI not the horrible UK one)? Been a big fan for years. Used to watch them when they were on at 11 and 11.30pm a few years back and now they are on in the morning I record them and watch them in the evening. When you see the quality, the humour and the intelligence of the US journos compared to the shit we have over here, it is like night and day.

Enjoy Kornheiser and Wilbon and like that ATH have mixed up the line ups a bit so they have a mixture of youth and experience. Anyone got a favourite line up for ATH? I'd probably go: Woody Paige, Pablo Torre, Bomani Jones and Bill Plaschke. Only one i'm not that keen on is Kevin Blackistone and I do wonder how long Bob Ryan has got left on there given how rough he looks these days.
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Pardon the Interruption/Around the Horn
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 12:23:36 pm »
I thought you meant this:

What are they and where can I watch them?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 12:26:33 pm »
Sports panel shows where they talk about events of the day (obviously it is mainly US sports so if you aren't interested in US sports you won't be interested!). On channel 426 BT Sports/ESPN on Sky. Well worth a watch and if you watch the recording and cut out the ads they are only 20 mins max each.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 02:41:24 pm »
I thought you meant this:

What are they and where can I watch them?

what a  great show that was, in an era of absolutely great British radio comedy.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 03:55:14 pm »
When i moved to the USA in 2002 both shows were religious viewing,PTI the banter with Wilbon and Kornheiser is gold,Max Kkellerman was the best ever host on ATH,i remember Woody Paige from the Denver Post was always hilarious,there was another show on around that time on ESPN called Rome Is Burning which was also essential weekly viewing.

I go to the USA during spring/summer and just got back, and when  always there i always watch First Take on ESPN that's on every weekday for a couple of hours with Kellerman and Steven A Smith,ESPN is heavenly if you're an american sports fan especially NFL Baseball NBA and college sports mixed in with the talk shows.

Not sure why Sky Sports don't have a talk show sports channel all day that could cover all sports,we have enough sports here that could fill 24 hours a day in a talking format.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 03:56:49 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 04:15:31 pm »
Not sure why Sky Sports don't have a talk show sports channel all day that could cover all sports,we have enough sports here that could fill 24 hours a day in a talking format.

I just think there is a different way of presenting things in America. The american pundits just seem to have that bit of x factor and charisma about them that ours don't. They also don't seem to have that much of an agenda whereas the pundits here always seem to be pedaling some shit or another. A good example of this IMO (unrelated to these shows) is Solomon Wilcots on the sky sports nfl coverage. Him and Nick Halling are like night and day if you think of the way they do punditry. Halling presents the facts and that's all but Solomon presents the facts in a way that is funny and interesting.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 09:13:53 am »
First Take, especially under Stephen A Smith and the other twat, Bayless was the majority of the time horrible. That's me being lenient btw.

Had watched a bit of Around The Horn and pardon the interruption when the ESPN America channel was on. The type of shows that you quickly grow tired of because they either talk loud or mainly shit.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 12:45:09 pm »
First Take, especially under Stephen A Smith and the other twat, Bayless was the majority of the time horrible. That's me being lenient btw.

True, but Stephen A and First Take did give us this though

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ScHTTDqigwA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ScHTTDqigwA</a>
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 12:48:48 pm »
True, but Stephen A and First Take did give us this though

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ScHTTDqigwA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ScHTTDqigwA</a>
Hahaha. Yes. I admittedly LOLed when I first saw that.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 12:58:27 pm »
Seen bits on Youtube, & i find Stephen A Smith a gobshite, that brings the racism card into almost everything he says. :butt
#Sausages