Author Topic: Ozark (Netflix Series)  (Read 36743 times)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Re: Ozark (Netflix Series)
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2017, 09:15:28 am »
Watched the 1st episode last night...terrific
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2017, 12:36:49 pm »
Done it in over a couple of nights, excellent little series....Bateman is terrific in it...always thought of him as a very stylish and convincing actor and considering he also produced and directed this it's quite a tour de force. Splendid supporting cast too...plenty of meaty characters / sub-plots kept it bubbling along. Looking forward to season 2. One thing though

Spoiler
Gutted 'Del' (Esai Morales) got his head taken off at the end!..superb villain...had the makings Gus Frings'esque classic bad-guy
[close]
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2017, 01:55:39 pm »
Done it in over a couple of nights, excellent little series....Bateman is terrific in it...always thought of him as a very stylish and convincing actor and considering he also produced and directed this it's quite a tour de force. Splendid supporting cast too...plenty of meaty characters / sub-plots kept it bubbling along. Looking forward to season 2. One thing though

Spoiler
Gutted 'Del' (Esai Morales) got his head taken off at the end!..superb villain...had the makings Gus Frings'esque classic bad-guy
[close]

Although, 
Spoiler
if he was a bad guy, who is the next level 'bad' guy they were talking about, to top Del, he has to be pretty fucked up.
[close]

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2017, 02:29:57 pm »
I'm four episodes in, enjoying it so far. But it's taking me a little time not to edit the dialogue.

Marty: We'll move to the Ozarks, everything will work out just fine!

Narrator: No, it wouldn't.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2017, 12:14:54 am »
Just finished, Jason Bateman and the terrific cast, take a bow.

Tremendous stuff. Far fetched perhaps but brilliantly paced, beautifully shot and acted. Really enjoyed it.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2017, 01:18:07 am »
Just finished, Jason Bateman and the terrific cast, take a bow.

Tremendous stuff. Far fetched perhaps but brilliantly paced, beautifully shot and acted. Really enjoyed it.

Far fetched is hardly to it's detriment. If it is, I'd stop consuming fiction if I were you.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2017, 09:18:03 pm »
Finished it last night and I loved it, great to find shows like this by chance.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2017, 10:05:32 pm »
2 episodes in and it hasn't grabbed me as I hoped yet, will be cracking on with it though.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2017, 01:28:55 am »
Really enjoyed this series. For me, better than sneaky Pete which a lot of people liked.

There's a real Avengers vibe about it, like John Steed he deals with extremely edgy situations without recourse to violence. Now, who's Mother?

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2017, 03:49:50 pm »
Really enjoyed this series. For me, better than sneaky Pete which a lot of people liked.

There's a real Avengers vibe about it, like John Steed he deals with extremely edgy situations without recourse to violence. Now, who's Mother?

S2 will be interesting to see where they go with it, on a side very impressed with Bateman in this.
Y.N.W.A.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2017, 01:47:31 pm »
Finished this a couple of nights ago, pretty solid I thought, one of the better Netflix things I'd seen in a while.

Looking forward to S2 whenever it's out.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2017, 06:58:57 pm »
Just finished this, thought it was decent but I'm not sure I will be checking season 2 out.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2017, 06:25:49 pm »
I watched this series over a few nights. Totally gripped and some very good villains - real bad'uns. It has a Breaking Bad vibe about it. Not because it's about drugs, but because it's a very clever man getting in too deep and managing to work his way out of sticky situations. Like BB, it also plays with your sense of morality and how the human condition is, to some extent, self-destructive. Bateman's character isn't a good man but he's also not entirely bad either. He's just trying his best to work his way through this nightmare.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2017, 01:03:25 am »
Can't wait for season two.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2018, 10:16:07 am »
Finished it last nite. Very good, tight writing and some proper good performances - especially Bateman, not that convinced by Linney, but that's a minor gripe.

Spoiler
Agree with above, not too happy with the ending of Del Rio. Character was developed very well and I was looking forward to the dynamic between him and the Snells. Furthermore, they 'have' to have a new cartel-baddie, who now has to be fleshed out.
[close]

Anyhoots, good stuff, well worth the watch - and look forward to the next season.
@Yvanicuzz

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2018, 01:40:22 pm »
Any news when season 2 is out.

I guess they will have filmed it in Summer as that's when the Ozarks is quite busy with the Summer tourist season.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2018, 05:02:52 pm »
It is a great show, lvoed it.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2018, 03:39:15 am »
I only made it three or four episodes into this. Hated the blue-filtered camera work, found the Mexican cartel boss way over-the-top with his sadism (at least they got one part of the Breaking Bad imitation spot-on by having the remorseless murderer hesitate when our hero goes "wait! wait! I have a cunning plan..."), found the representation of rural Missourians incredibly cliched (oh here's a nice old lady, she seems pr- WHOA DID YOU HEAR THAT CASUAL RACISM!!!... hey here's some rednecks who are dumb as a post and- WHOA THE GIRL IS REALLY SMART DESPITE HER AYCK-CENT!!!), and the absence of any humour or levity made it all a bit of a chore. Felt like it was trying way too hard to out-darken shows like BB but without any of the style or substance. And Jason Bateman has about one-millionth the range of Bryan Cranston; he's basically the same character in everything.

Otherwise, it's great :)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 31, 2018, 07:32:34 pm »
Season 2 is out today.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2018, 11:01:32 pm »
Season 2 is out today.
I was looking forward to this.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2018, 11:12:37 pm »
4 episodes into, still thoroughly enjoying it.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 1, 2018, 07:19:31 am »
Spoiler
I like the show, but this show has some of the most asshole kids in TV history.
[close]

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: September 1, 2018, 09:16:22 am »
Watched 3 episodes last night.

Brilliant so far.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #63 on: September 2, 2018, 02:11:47 pm »
I enjoyed this for a binge but

Spoiler
Each episode has a bit of a formula...We need to get in touch with this entity to make this happen - 5 mins later they are in a meeting with said entity and they get stuff done i.e. the mysterious Governor or senator who lives in the mysterious location = Boom, they are at a gala and now working with him....same as the KC mafia guys - that bugged me a bit. I like the character Arc with the wife - How her character has gone Walter WHite/Heisenbergish
[close]
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: September 2, 2018, 07:15:31 pm »
Really great show. Some of the best, most surprising deaths in TV history too.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #65 on: September 3, 2018, 10:43:46 pm »
Four episodes into series 2. I really enjoy this show. Tense, multiple angles, sinister and strong performances.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: September 4, 2018, 04:32:38 pm »

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #67 on: September 4, 2018, 04:40:29 pm »
Season 2 is out today.

Missed this last week...belter.  Will get started in the next few days.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: September 4, 2018, 04:50:59 pm »
Spoiler this.

I don't think mentioning that there are deaths in a crime drama needs to be spoilered.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: September 4, 2018, 09:30:59 pm »
Going forward, as the quality of TV shows keeps going up, writers need to seriously re-think the roles/behaviors/scenes of kids/teenagers. I just refuse to believe that kids have to be either pointless for the plot or have to be really annoying, and create problems all the time.

The issue is not exclusive to this show at all. In fact, it can be extended to other family members, too. It seems there is always a cliche role of a kid/wife/husband who is there just to be a distraction and annoyance.

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #70 on: September 4, 2018, 09:58:40 pm »
Going forward, as the quality of TV shows keeps going up, writers need to seriously re-think the roles/behaviors/scenes of kids/teenagers. I just refuse to believe that kids have to be either pointless for the plot or have to be really annoying, and create problems all the time.

The issue is not exclusive to this show at all. In fact, it can be extended to other family members, too. It seems there is always a cliche role of a kid/wife/husband who is there just to be a distraction and annoyance.

Valid point

First series was tenuously engaging for me
Will watch 2nd series though
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #71 on: September 4, 2018, 10:32:23 pm »
Oof! What a series!

Bring on season 3 already!!!

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: September 4, 2018, 10:35:51 pm »
Oof! What a series!

Bring on season 3 already!!!
Agreed. I loved the show overall.

Could improve here and there a bit, but still one of the top TV shows these days.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #73 on: September 6, 2018, 08:49:28 am »
Spoiler this.
Agree. It's like saying a film has a great twist at the end...so you're watching it knowing a twist is coming.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #74 on: September 6, 2018, 08:51:08 am »
I don't think mentioning that there are deaths in a crime drama needs to be spoilered.
No, but stating they are 'surprising' gives an indication of something you wouldn't expect, hence it potentially being a spoiler.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: September 6, 2018, 09:15:30 am »
Will be watching the last 2 episodes tonight.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: September 6, 2018, 11:28:23 pm »
Darlene Snell is right up there with my most hated TV character ever.

Amazing season again,faultless.

So much to look forward to in season 3.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: September 7, 2018, 09:52:46 am »
No, but stating they are 'surprising' gives an indication of something you wouldn't expect, hence it potentially being a spoiler.

Seems like a very petty thing to pick up on given some of the other non-spoilered content in this thread.

You yourself said the show is tense and sinister. Now I know the show is going to be tense and that some of the characters are going to be sinister. Dammit.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2018, 09:55:50 am by LovelyCushionedHeader »

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: September 7, 2018, 10:29:53 am »
Really enjoyed S2, was a better all round season than the first for me. The girl playing Ruth is fantastic.

Spoiler
Very disappointed to see 3 of my 4 favourite characters killed off though!!! Detective Petty was great TV, was a brilliant troll and had some fantastic lines. Buddy brought some much needed comedy to an otherwise tense and serious tone, and Jacob Snell was so well acted that it was hard to want him dead - I feel like that flashback scene made me sympathize with him much more too.
[close]

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: September 7, 2018, 10:57:45 am »
Really enjoyed S2, was a better all round season than the first for me. The girl playing Ruth is fantastic.

Spoiler
Very disappointed to see 3 of my 4 favourite characters killed off though!!! Detective Petty was great TV, was a brilliant troll and had some fantastic lines. Buddy brought some much needed comedy to an otherwise tense and serious tone, and Jacob Snell was so well acted that it was hard to want him dead - I feel like that flashback scene made me sympathize with him much more too.
[close]

Spoiler
This series definitely gave a more sympathetic view of Jacob Snell.
[close]

Spoiler
I thought this second series does give more depth to and development of each character in the family. The son has been taking his own path towards crime, albeit copying his dad (but that’s to be expected if he’s learned his behaviour from him) while showing less reluctance than his dad. The daughter has struggled with their life and even went as far as ‘divorcing’ from her parents. Wendy has shown an increased aptitude for crime using her political talents to advance their plans, and as shown by her now wanting to stay rather than running away to exile. She has started to take over the role as head of the criminal family.
[close]
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.