Author Topic: 2017 in Music  (Read 100714 times)

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: 2017 in Music
« Reply #120 on: February 5, 2017, 08:30:29 pm »
Thee Oh Sees playing near me in May.

Not a band I listen to loads at home but pretty into that last album when I whack headphones on.

They've been the best live band on the planet for about the last  six years or so. You have to go.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: February 5, 2017, 11:46:05 pm »
Thee Oh Sees playing near me in May.

Not a band I listen to loads at home but pretty into that last album when I whack headphones on.

Do it. Worth the live experience alone.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: February 6, 2017, 01:07:07 am »
I've seen Dune Rats live before. They're a bit nuts and they've got quite a few great tunes.
yeah, i can believe that. they're video for red light green light showcased that pretty well.

From these guys I've found another 2 piece australian band called DZ Deathrays (who i guess you've heard as well, as they're mates with Dune Rats) who might have something coming out this year... not a bad start to 2017 for me
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: February 6, 2017, 01:32:49 am »
yeah, i can believe that. they're video for red light green light showcased that pretty well.

From these guys I've found another 2 piece australian band called DZ Deathrays (who i guess you've heard as well, as they're mates with Dune Rats) who might have something coming out this year... not a bad start to 2017 for me

Haha yeah. Seen DZ deathrays too. Their live show is fucking great as well. Brisbane has a really booming local music scene.

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 6, 2017, 07:22:04 am »

Have you out the new one from Code Orange?

Not yet, but will give it a whirl this morning.  Thanks dude.  :wave

Saw the official Dischord Records account tweeting about that band Priests so definitely going to check em out too. Think they're from D.C too, but have put it out on their own label.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: February 6, 2017, 09:34:13 pm »
Nightingales are playing the Occii in Amsterdam on 2nd March. 3 support bands, 8 euro. Get in!

Eight!? Lovely.

Andy Moor thru Facebook gives a heads up to a new club in Amsterdam called Sexyland http://www.sexyland.amsterdam/. 'great new club in Amsterdam Noord right next to ferry port ,,,
Sociëteit SEXYLAND is a members club for everyone.
For 365 days she will have a different owner everyday,open all 365 days of 2017 check it out here,,http://www.sexyland.amsterdam/
beers good too'

Sounds very interesting.

Has anyone managed to get an ear round an album by Hen Ogledd called 'Bronze' from last year? Can't find it anywhere. Clips only etc. Richard Dawson (guitar/vocals) and Rhodri Davies on harp, but now a three piece with Dawn Bothwell (vocals/electronics) - they're playing live at the JazzCafe Camden in two weeks. There's only a live recording on YT from a few weeks back which is very good. Dawson is a very special musician - for me he's by far the most interesting younger musician from these shores.

Edit: Forgot to mention that Dawson is playing at the Green Man Festival this year. I see a number are going... don't miss him  ;)
« Last Edit: February 6, 2017, 09:40:45 pm by Filler. »

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: February 6, 2017, 10:54:03 pm »

Has anyone managed to get an ear round an album by Hen Ogledd called 'Bronze' from last year? Can't find it anywhere. Clips only etc. Richard Dawson (guitar/vocals) and Rhodri Davies on harp, but now a three piece with Dawn Bothwell (vocals/electronics) - they're playing live at the JazzCafe Camden in two weeks. There's only a live recording on YT from a few weeks back which is very good. Dawson is a very special musician - for me he's by far the most interesting younger musician from these shores.

Edit: Forgot to mention that Dawson is playing at the Green Man Festival this year. I see a number are going... don't miss him  ;)

Not heard that Hen Ogledd thing, but like you really want to hear it, Rhodri Davis has done loads with him. Always good - on the Vile Stuff off the last Dawson album is incredible.

Also any excuse to post this song. I've gone through weeks where this is all I've listened to. When we do the long awaited RAWK song of the century so far poll (in 2020), this is in my top 2. He's a genius. Really wish I'd wrote this one - or Black Dog In The Sky.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/s-9osMKSyb0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/s-9osMKSyb0</a>

Where would you lads start with the Nightingales by the by?

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: February 7, 2017, 05:33:10 am »
Where would you lads start with the Nightingales by the by?

They released a few albums in the early 80's then Lloyd started managing other groups and Ted Chippingham. They reformed about 10 years back, with a slightly different sound. Dozens of band members have come and gone but they've settled down a bit more it seems. Fliss Kitson is a cracking drummer - I think she's been an influence. 'Out of True' (2006) was their first LP for 20 years... a distinctly more 'Beefhearty' sound. That and the next few albums up to the present are all worth a listen. Insult To Injury and No Love Lost possible highlights. He's a cracking writer... there's a hint of Bukowski about him. Big, burly, poetic boozer.. wrote a very good article on the benefits of drinking alone. I quite liked one comment from someone 'Do people really go to pubs alone? I thought that only happened in films and on TV.' For someone who loved a solitary pint aswell, thought that was hilarious.

What's Not To Love?
« Last Edit: February 7, 2017, 05:35:19 am by Filler. »

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: February 7, 2017, 08:43:26 am »
What's Not To Love?

Thanks a million for that. Just stuck on Out Of True, opening drumbeat has me at hello. Can see why Stewart Lee is a fan given the lyrics.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 7, 2017, 01:55:43 pm »
I got free tickets to watching Guns n Roses. It was funny as fuck at times seeing the guys trying to do their old stuff and failing miserably due to age. I think Slash is the only one that's actually kept in shape for the rigours of a long tour. That said, I'm glad I got to watch them given I used to listen to them a fair bit when I was like 13.

Offline Brooklyn

• Kopite
« Reply #130 on: February 7, 2017, 04:38:22 pm »
For fans of grungy power pop:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/K_2UqssvaSc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/K_2UqssvaSc</a>

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #131 on: February 7, 2017, 06:18:24 pm »
New Real Estate song sounds great.

I am late to the party but the last Teenage Fanclub LP is absolutely ace.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #132 on: February 7, 2017, 08:30:40 pm »
If you like something a little similar to early 90s Hole/Courtney Love, you might like the new Brutus album, Burst.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #133 on: February 8, 2017, 09:13:47 pm »
New Strand Of Oaks is out there.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #134 on: February 8, 2017, 11:29:27 pm »
I'll take that as a compliment  ;D I will give that a whirl. I'm not really a huge stoner/mosh/legs spread/heavy music lover, but occasionally something comes along that interests me enough to read about them etc. I don't class GNOD in that. I get most of it from Chip! He's the peddler here. Enjoying the Mammutnus album. Didn't think I was going to so had a spliff. Does seem to work well. Really must go to this years Psych Fest. High On Fire I used to like alot. Watched The Heads for about 5 minutes way out to the side at ATP and then moved on. I'd just bought three of their LP's aswell, so was looking forward to it, but it was rammed and thumping but wasn't in the mood. We'd just got back from the chalet etc. Was a wonderfully meaty moment tho. Julian Cope is getting me into it too. Never a massive Cope fan - old close mate/flatsharer was a devotee. He's a better writer I think. Man's a fucking dude. He reminds me of a mate of mine Bill.

It's not something I often 'slip on' tho. Got a session with Black Sabbath coming up soon. Last gig tonight is it or has it been? The mighty Black Sabbath... literally 'retire'. How?
Ew

edit: do give GNOD a go... Infinity Machines could be a good starter before Mirror.

Nice one. Hopefully High On Fire get one out this year. Their last two have been absolute belters. Think Kurt Ballou behind the sound desk has help reinvent their sound to a degree.

Just gave Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs a spin. A mightily impressive effort, I must say. As Chip said, some tinged Boris vibes throughout. A trip to Newcastle to see this lot might be in order :)

Going to give Gnod a spin this afternoon.

As for Sabbath. It's been said a lot over the last 35 years but now it's evidently done for good. Oz is on his last legs while Iommi has heroically battled cancer whilst on tour for the last four years. Time for them to sail off into the sunset on route to hell...

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 9, 2017, 11:11:46 pm »
Did anyone hear the 13-minute song from Father John Misty? Proper broadside at the world as it is. 

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2017, 04:52:40 am »
Any fans of Tinariwen? New album - Elwan - is on pre-release. The three tracks on Apple music sound good on first listen.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2017, 11:02:30 am »
Filler. I know you enjoyed Nino de Elche's last disc, so this might interest you (and maybe a few others).

Having previously collborated with poets, rave DJs and flamenco artists, the singer has now teamed up with Spanish post-rock, prog-metal instrumentalists Toundra and they are releasing an album next week. Exquirla is the name.

Toundra are known for their big post-rock instrumental soundscapes and are very popular on the Spanish/European rock festival scene.

The lyrics to the following track are by the poet Enrique Falcón - DESTRUIDNOS JUNTOS (DESTROYED TOGETHER):

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zc8w5_5BmCs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zc8w5_5BmCs</a>

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2017, 11:06:52 am »
Did anyone hear the 13-minute song from Father John Misty? Proper broadside at the world as it is. 

Any good ?

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2017, 07:09:06 pm »

Back after a seven year hiatus.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rmlmOk4ubcU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rmlmOk4ubcU</a>

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2017, 10:19:01 pm »
Thanks a million for that. Just stuck on Out Of True, opening drumbeat has me at hello.

Yeah that Beefheart type thing will win me over every time. What would be your number 1 from your previous post? Meant to ask. Eagerly awaiting Dawson's next album I have to say. Nightingales are due a full on wowza 'get on this' LP. Cogs have been oiled. Well oiled.

I tried the Code Orange Alonso, but not my bag. Bad moment maybe. Have been playing Stark Reality almost non stop for a week or so, and frankly, everything right now is in its shadow. A best mate of mine and you would get along. I think I'm over the Stark Reality week now tho. Murdered them.

Will check that out Moz.  :thumbup

It's been a bit flat for me so far this year... nothing I've got too excited about, bar Gnod, and Pigsx7.

That's Stark Reality's 'Stark Reality Discovers Hoagy Carmichael's Music Shop' LP from 1969. If I listen to a better album this year I'd be staggered. Beginning to end sheer fucking joy.

Any fans of Tinariwen? New album - Elwan - is on pre-release. The three tracks on Apple music sound good on first listen.

Have missed you on here :wave
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 11:24:14 pm by Filler. »

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2017, 07:23:53 am »
Any good ?

I think the last few songs have actually resonated with me far more than any of his previous work. I think the combination of sincerity, faux sincerity and the sort of self-aware musings on the world as it were is what Misty is actually good at. Maybe it's also a matter of timing in that this album is arriving at a time of sociopolitical turmoil. Whatever it is, it really really works for me. I think the new album looks set to be a belter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04rsm8f

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2017, 10:29:36 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vACZA9dGvV4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vACZA9dGvV4</a>

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2017, 12:13:26 am »

Newcastle’s Maximo Park video focuses on the work of the Migrant Offshore Aid Station (MOAS), a charity dedicated to saving refugees and migrants lives in the Mediterranean Sea.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KmZE9e4evq0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KmZE9e4evq0</a>

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2017, 11:52:52 pm »
The Quietus hour interview with David Keenan might be worth a listen for one or two. Some very enjoyable tracks in there ;D

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2017, 10:53:56 am »
Cheers mate. Haven't been on much for a while and mainly in the running thread. Good to see you too.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #146 on: February 13, 2017, 12:00:49 pm »
Been put on guest list for the Matthew E White and Flo Morrisey gig tonight.

Don't think I will be able to make it tho as been struck down with a horror of a bug.

Been laid up since the Big Thief gig on Friday (that was amazing btw).

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: February 13, 2017, 02:31:26 pm »
Been put on guest list for the Matthew E White and Flo Morrisey gig tonight.

Don't think I will be able to make it tho as been struck down with a horror of a bug.

nooo that's gutting mate. 'Look At What The Light Did Now' is probably my favourite tune of the year so far.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline greyfade

• "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....."
  • Legacy Fan
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #148 on: February 13, 2017, 04:09:54 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eFkAjX0Gz8Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eFkAjX0Gz8Y</a>

Tune  8)

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 04:11:45 pm by greyfade »

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #149 on: February 13, 2017, 05:51:22 pm »
nooo that's gutting mate. 'Look At What The Light Did Now' is probably my favourite tune of the year so far.

Mate is going in my place.

I am steaming - feel awful.

You know me - would be at gig otherwise :-)

I am still not fully convinced of the album but just like MEW as a character. Good live too.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 05:53:57 pm by Nick110581 »

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2017, 08:07:59 pm »
Love that Soft Hair track above. Hammered that last year. Connan Mockasin was great at Green man.

I'm with you on the Matthew E White/Flo Morrissey one Nick - what I've found is the songs I didn't really know come across best to me, I'm loving their usual Spacebomb groove but I don't think the likes of Suzanne or Sunday Morning will ever work as the originals are just too right.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2017, 09:11:22 pm »
Love that Soft Hair track above. Hammered that last year. Connan Mockasin was great at Green man.

I'm with you on the Matthew E White/Flo Morrissey one Nick - what I've found is the songs I didn't really know come across best to me, I'm loving their usual Spacebomb groove but I don't think the likes of Suzanne or Sunday Morning will ever work as the originals are just too right.

That is exactly it.

Prefer the obscure tracks.

Will report back what my mate says. I will feel rotten so made right choice.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2017, 10:47:20 pm »

:thumbup

Did they do an encore at your gig? I think they usually don't, but in Copenhagen they did this new song as an encore. Was one of those rare moments you absolutely fall in love with a song on the first listen. Only happened a handful of times in my life.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2017, 10:49:44 pm »
Lowly's debut is out on Bella Union. It's not as good as the singles would have you think, but still enjoyable. Will probably fight for a top 10 spot this year for me.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2017, 12:47:08 pm »
:thumbup

Did they do an encore at your gig? I think they usually don't, but in Copenhagen they did this new song as an encore. Was one of those rare moments you absolutely fall in love with a song on the first listen. Only happened a handful of times in my life.

They did an encore. Great show.

Mate said the Matthew E White show was a belter. Played the album and one song of their own and Lee Hazelwood track.

Just been on Six Music. Quite enjoyable although no plans to tour.

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2017, 09:00:52 am »
What would be your number 1 from your previous post?

Missed this, sorry. Easy question though.  Vessel In Vain, Smog. 3 chords and the truth.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2017, 10:50:29 am »
Hi Pop pickers!!...so whats the latest skivvy on toe tapping beats and finger clicking tunes?...anyone making pop music worthy of ripping up cinema seats or a soundtrack to walking down the street menacingly whilst fingering a flick knife?...any rebel music out there?...and you may ask .. " Hey, FlashingBlade! what are you rebelling against?"...and I answer " What have you got?...cos if you havent got anything , Ive written a list down and maybe we can go through it sometime when its convenient?"

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2017, 11:27:36 am »
Hi Pop pickers!!...so whats the latest skivvy on toe tapping beats and finger clicking tunes?...anyone making pop music worthy of ripping up cinema seats or a soundtrack to walking down the street menacingly whilst fingering a flick knife?...any rebel music out there?...and you may ask .. " Hey, FlashingBlade! what are you rebelling against?"...and I answer " What have you got?...cos if you havent got anything , Ive written a list down and maybe we can go through it sometime when its convenient?"

Well it's about time. Welcome back. Where have you been? And more importantly what have you been listening to?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 11:35:50 am by Chip Evans »

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2017, 11:52:07 am »
Ive been everywhere man...Ive been everywhere man....well,  in my mind anyway....been keeping my own council as I found I was repeating myself on RAWK and without anything new to say I thought I would put this field out to fallow for a few months, however recent world events have caused my to dust off my mojo and get back searching for the young soul rebels  ( ..and I cant find them anywhere , where have you hidden them?)...will popular music once again inspire the youth to rally around and provide a soundtrack to inspire and comfort?...probably not , but lets dance anyway!

One major change for me is now I work from home and can spend more time listening to music ( my biggest issue over past 10 years was work/childcare left little time for that) ..so hopefully I can contribute to this thread more....2016 didnt produce too much for me to get over excited about . although I heard lots of great tracks but no complete bodies of work or artists and the RAOTY 2016 left me somewhat underwhelmed....for what its worths the CD I enjoyed most was Bill Bairds ' Earth To Aether'...worth the cost of the CD alone  for the track "your dark glasses wont make you  Lou Reed ' ...with the greatest punch line ever in a song " ..or even Doug Yule"

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5VghFyU5AKU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5VghFyU5AKU</a>

So then 2017.....Forty years on , whatcha got?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 12:19:53 pm by FlashingBlade »

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2017, 12:23:31 pm »
Ive been everywhere man...Ive been everywhere man....well,  in my mind anyway....been keeping my own council as I found I was repeating myself on RAWK and without anything new to say I thought I would put this field out to fallow for a few months, however recent world events have caused my to dust off my mojo and get back searching for the young soul rebels  ( ..and I cant find them anywhere , where have you hidden them?)...will popular music once again inspire the youth to rally around and provide a soundtrack to inspire and comfort?...probably not , but lets dance anyway!

One major change for me is now I work from home and can spend more time listening to music ( my biggest issue over past 10 years was work/childcare left little time for that) ..so hopefully I can contribute to this thread more....2016 didnt produce too much for me to get over excited about and the RAOTY 2016 left me somewhat underwhelmed....for what its worths the CD I enjoyed most was Bill Bairds ' Earth To Aether'...worth the cost of the CD alone  for the track "your dark glasses wont make you  Lou Reed ' ...with the greatest punch line ever in a song " ..or even Doug Yule"

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5VghFyU5AKU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5VghFyU5AKU</a>

So then 2017.....Forty years on , whatcha got?

Great track - I'll give that album a go this afternoon.  Missed you in the AOTY thread.  Doesn't feel like someone has won until you've complained. ;)  Although I guess Bowie is tough to argue with.

Nothing really been happening to stir up an old punk, loads of heaviness but not much on the poppier side of things. Most stuff is still all earnest or ironic and no nads. Unless you come from Beyonce's gaff. For some reason I thought you might enjoy the Xylouris White album when I heard it at the time.  I know you like your bit of electronic weirdness too so maybe Cavern Of Anti Matter or the Matmos album? No excellent punk album in a while though.