Author Topic: Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker / The Mandalorian / The Clone Wars  (Read 226975 times)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Star Wars: Rogue One / Rebels / The Last Jedi / Han Solo
« Reply #680 on: October 12, 2017, 06:10:38 pm »
Like the look of the trailer so fingers crossed it will exceed the last one which was a little flat but hey better than the shyte Lucas came out with 1 - 3. I don't think Disney will worry too much about what I / we think as with a worldwide box return of 2 billion plus ungodly riches via merchandise they are running to the bank with this reboot of Star Wars.

I actually think the basic premise of the prequels was about as interesting as Star Wars could be, unfortunately everything else was stupid and shit.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
Re: Star Wars: Rebels / The Last Jedi / Han Solo *** NO TLJ SPOILERS ***
« Reply #681 on: October 13, 2017, 03:19:23 am »
The 'meh' was pretty strong in that trailer.

But I loved the Rogue One trailers and that was a massive letdown.

Hopefully this will go the other way.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: October 14, 2017, 03:27:12 pm »
Interesting thoughts on the Obi-Wan movie.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IHMBe4--s_s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IHMBe4--s_s</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #683 on: October 16, 2017, 04:06:57 pm »
Interesting thoughts on the Obi-Wan movie.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IHMBe4--s_s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IHMBe4--s_s</a>

The guy can't pronounce Ewan, so I think I'll leave it, ta.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #684 on: November 8, 2017, 11:57:25 pm »

Adywan is doing some work on his forthcoming HD release of ANH:R - it looks impressive...

https://www.facebook.com/swrevisited/videos/1874446949237545/

and for updates on his ROTJ:R...

https://www.facebook.com/pg/swrevisited/posts/ & https://swrevisited.wordpress.com/
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #685 on: November 9, 2017, 12:52:29 am »
Adywan is doing some work on his forthcoming HD release of ANH:R - it looks impressive...

https://www.facebook.com/swrevisited/videos/1874446949237545/

and for updates on his ROTJ:R...

https://www.facebook.com/pg/swrevisited/posts/ & https://swrevisited.wordpress.com/

Yea hes doing a collection drive and for the money he gets some group is going to match it. You also get entered into a comp to win a cast of Han in carbonate I think it is.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #686 on: November 9, 2017, 02:32:29 am »
Yea hes doing a collection drive and for the money he gets some group is going to match it. You also get entered into a comp to win a cast of Han in carbonate I think it is.

Top group of lads that group :)

(plus a really cool & generous gesture to match donations by one of them too - nice one!)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #687 on: November 9, 2017, 09:56:30 am »
Top group of lads that group :)

(plus a really cool & generous gesture to match donations by one of them too - nice one!)
I couldn't remember the name of the group, but definitely a cracking gesture. They must be like me, desperate for Adywan to make ROTJ 😉
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #688 on: November 9, 2017, 10:33:51 pm »
Rian Johnson to create new Star Wars trilogy:
http://www.starwars.com/news/rian-johnson-writer-director-of-star-wars-the-last-jedi-to-create-all-new-star-wars-trilogy

Also, new TV spot for The Last Jedi:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/W4CB5SeBGkI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/W4CB5SeBGkI</a>

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #689 on: November 9, 2017, 10:36:23 pm »
Rian Johnson is creating a brand new trilogy.

The filmmaker has signed on to create an entirely new Star Wars trilogy, while The Force Awakens director J.J. Abrams is returning to take on 2019’s Episode IX.
The new trilogy will be “separate from the episodic Skywalker saga,” Lucasfilm said in a statement. “Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.”

If the current pattern holds, there will be another stand-alone film (like Rogue One and next year’s Solo) released in 2020, and this new trilogy could begin in 2021 — although no release dates have been set.
It’s a strong show of faith in the Brick and Looper filmmaker, especially after Lucasfilm has had a strained relationship with some directors, replacing The Lego Movie‘s Phil Lord and Chris Miller with Ron Howard on Solo, and bumping Colin Trevorrow in favor of Abrams for Episode IX.
Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy said: “He’s a creative force, and watching him craft The Last Jedi from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”

http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/09/rian-johnson-is-creating-an-entirely-new-star-wars-trilogy/amp/
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: November 9, 2017, 10:48:10 pm »
I am...not optimistic
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: November 9, 2017, 10:55:32 pm »
I am...not optimistic

About this news, or just generally?  ;)

To be honest I've not seen any of Johnson's films, but I know he's highly-rated by a lot of people.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: November 9, 2017, 10:58:51 pm »
About this news, or just generally?  ;)

To be honest I've not seen any of Johnson's films, but I know he's highly-rated by a lot of people.

Haha touche.

I've seen Looper, it was very good. I just don't really see the point in making a Star Wars trilogy with no connection to the Skywalkers. Aside from billions of dollars, I mean.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: November 9, 2017, 11:04:17 pm »
Haha touche.

I've seen Looper, it was very good. I just don't really see the point in making a Star Wars trilogy with no connection to the Skywalkers. Aside from billions of dollars, I mean.

Yeah I think it's going to be a difficult sell if it doesn't have that connection. I suppose they want to do something completely new, maybe they need to move beyond the Skywalker saga eventually, to keep things fresh.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: November 9, 2017, 11:09:05 pm »
Yeah I think it's going to be a difficult sell if it doesn't have that connection. I suppose they want to do something completely new, maybe they need to move beyond the Skywalker saga eventually, to keep things fresh.

I agree they would eventually have to leave it, but it's the Skywalker story. It's going to be difficult to fit something in that doesn't feel contrived or pointless. I used to read the EU books, and all the Mara Jade, Corran Horn etc stuff bored me to tears. I guess it depends where/when it's set. It'll have to be connected to the main universe (or else why bother) but it can't be too dependent on it.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #695 on: November 9, 2017, 11:13:08 pm »
Haha touche.

Agreed. Just feels like Disney are milking the shit out of it to get their moneys worth. Reading, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored”, feels to me like its just going to be some new made up stand alone things. Now if they looked at some Cannon stories, like Tales Of The Bounty Hunters books, then yes, but all new stuff...we shall have to wait and see. Though like you said, not optimistic.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #696 on: November 9, 2017, 11:17:13 pm »
happy to wait and see what happens and make a judgement when I've seen it, not before. might be great, might be shite, might be somewhere in between.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #697 on: November 9, 2017, 11:20:09 pm »
Agreed. Just feels like Disney are milking the shit out of it to get their moneys worth. Reading, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored”, feels to me like its just going to be some new made up stand alone things. Now if they looked at some Cannon stories, like Tales Of The Bounty Hunters books, then yes, but all new stuff...we shall have to wait and see. Though like you said, not optimistic.

A great book, I should read that one again!

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #698 on: November 10, 2017, 12:14:14 am »
At some point the series has to move on beyond the Skywalkers.

Where you go with a story like that and try to keep the audience engaged in 10 whole new characters that they know nothing about, that's the tricky part. It worked for Star Trek and killed Mass Effect.

Obviously they're feeling confident in him after seeing TLJ (which you'd assume is 99% finished at this point).

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: November 10, 2017, 12:26:46 am »

Where you go with a story like that and try to keep the audience engaged in 10 whole new characters that they know nothing about, that's the tricky part. It worked for Star Trek and killed Mass Effect.

Obviously they're feeling confident in him after seeing TLJ (which you'd assume is 99% finished at this point).

Apparently it was finished in September, seems to have been the smoothest production of all the new films.

They've also announced a live action TV series, no other details yet though.
http://collider.com/star-wars-live-action-tv-series-2019/#images

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: November 10, 2017, 04:45:24 am »
I'm glad they're moving on from the Skywalkers; we're currently in the middle of the 3rd Star Wars trilogy where the plot is the fate off an ENTIRE GALAXY revolving around one family, which I find idiotic. The bigger problem is its Disney driving the bus, with their safe, generic, money-prioritizing gloves on the wheel.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: November 10, 2017, 07:08:32 am »
Perhaps there'll be no Skywalkers left after IX.

It's probably for the best.

If they keep moving forward in time there's scope to create all kinds of stuff. Just got to hope the writing, casting and other stuff is top notch.
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: November 10, 2017, 07:31:56 am »
Old republic please!

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: November 10, 2017, 07:38:32 am »
I'm glad they're moving on from the Skywalkers; we're currently in the middle of the 3rd Star Wars trilogy where the plot is the fate off an ENTIRE GALAXY revolving around one family, which I find idiotic. The bigger problem is its Disney driving the bus, with their safe, generic, money-prioritizing gloves on the wheel.

Well they're the ones with all the super force powers

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #704 on: November 10, 2017, 11:17:22 am »

Tales of the Bounty Hunters isn't canon, so it could be something like that.

Although hopefully not too much like that, the Legends books are shite.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #705 on: November 10, 2017, 11:31:43 am »
I wonder if people will start to suffer from Star Wars fatigue a new Star Wars film used to an event now its like a FIFA game a new one every year.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #706 on: November 10, 2017, 12:51:35 pm »
Agreed. Just feels like Disney are milking the shit out of it to get their moneys worth.

I see this said a lot, but don't get it? They've already made back what they paid for the rights, so I'm not sure it's to get their 'moneys worth'. They just see it as a profitable franchise, which it is, and they are a business. They buy, they sell. They'll make double the purchase price in about 3 years. I agree, they bought it to make money, and will try and do so. But as long as the quality is good, then I don't see a problem with multiple movies?
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #707 on: November 10, 2017, 01:44:53 pm »
How many films a year does the MCU support?

They can cope with a film a year. They would not cope with a retread of the OT each year. Rogue One was encouraging that they will stretch the boundaries a little.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: November 10, 2017, 03:38:58 pm »
How many films a year does the MCU support?

They can cope with a film a year. They would not cope with a retread of the OT each year. Rogue One was encouraging that they will stretch the boundaries a little.

I wasn't a huge fan of Rogue One but it had a place and a purpose. I'm not sure the Han Solo and Boba Fett movies etc do. Not every character needs a backstory. This new trilogy needs to be completely separate while being connected to the main story in some way too. Tricky line to walk.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: November 10, 2017, 03:48:43 pm »
But if the Han Solo movie is a crime caper, tonally different to the magna opera of the trilogies, it could stretch boundaries - think Antman in the MCU. If they are movies with something to say, it could work. If they are Fanboy service it could be horrible.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: November 10, 2017, 03:52:38 pm »
But if the Han Solo movie is a crime caper, tonally different to the magna opera of the trilogies, it could stretch boundaries - think Antman in the MCU. If they are movies with something to say, it could work. If they are Fanboy service it could be horrible.

Maybe. I think Han was perfect as he was (minus episode 7) and adding a random actor playing a young version is a negative rather than a positive but it's hard to say without seeing the movie.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #711 on: November 10, 2017, 04:06:31 pm »
I would like to see one of the films when one of the Aliens is the hero of the story.

I wonder what Jar Jar been up to.  ;)

A film with no space battles not everyone in the Star Wars universe ends up in space battles. something different.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: November 10, 2017, 04:15:42 pm »
I would like to see one of the films when one of the Aliens is the hero of the story.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #713 on: November 10, 2017, 05:00:55 pm »

Yes those were the days.

I dont think ILM list this on the special effects they did not their best work Dr Who level.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Kqtyw18jXyI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Kqtyw18jXyI</a>

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: November 10, 2017, 05:46:40 pm »

And the Empire. And the AT-AT's/ST's. And the light sabres. And the Millennium falcon. And the Death Stars. And...

Well, maybe keep the light sabres.

Make new stuff.

It's not happening, is it?

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #715 on: November 10, 2017, 11:46:29 pm »
A great book, I should read that one again!

Isn't it just. My favourite from all the books they did.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #716 on: November 10, 2017, 11:49:16 pm »
Tales of the Bounty Hunters isn't canon, so it could be something like that.

Although hopefully not too much like that, the Legends books are shite.
was it? Fair do. Yonks since I read it.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: November 10, 2017, 11:50:19 pm »
was it? Fair do. Yonks since I read it.

When Disney bought it, they deleted all of that stuff and called it the alternate universe or something.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #718 on: November 11, 2017, 02:24:09 pm »
When Disney bought it, they deleted all of that stuff and called it the alternate universe or something.

Yup, and to me doing this stand alone trilogy of characters that no doubt never before existed just feels like Disney are milking Star Wars for all its worth.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #719 on: November 12, 2017, 04:49:32 pm »
In case anyone wants some unique Star Wars prints (or T-shirts!) for Christmas ...  ;)

I've designed some for the original trilogy, available here in various formats (click portfolio to see the options!).

https://www.redbubble.com/people/PJHooley/shop
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.