Author Topic: The Night Of - New HBO Miniseries - Use Spoiler Tags  (Read 15680 times)

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Night Of - New HBO Miniseries - Use Spoiler Tags
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2016, 12:39:44 pm »
Acquired Episode 2 ready for tonight :lickin

Bugger, now I have to decide whether to interrupt Stranger Things and watch this ;D

What a life, when there's too much good telly :)
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2016, 01:08:45 pm »
Yeah come on Samuel. Get it watched

We can all then have a good old post episode 2 discussion and analysis :) (in spoiler tags of course)

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2016, 03:05:20 pm »
Is there a torrent up for this yet?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2016, 03:10:21 pm »
Is there a torrent up for this yet?

loads

Just get on KAT and they are there in their abundance

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2016, 03:18:33 pm »
Spoiler
Nothing major happens this week, Naz gets deeper and deeper into the shit. The cop is slowly becoming less friendly, and his layer ( Jewish Al Pacino) basically sees this as his big case ... he doesn't seem to care too much about Naz.

Beginning of the episode, more emphasis on that deer on the wall, like last episode. I'm sure it has some significance or meaning that I'm not getting

Wouldn't be shocked if there was a camera in the eye that showed someone else entering the hous, but that seems too convenient

[close]
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2016, 03:53:30 pm »
Very dark. Very intense. Like it. I think camera work has been really great as it's been always the case with HBO. Great production value on this one. Surely show of the year if it keeps its momentum.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2016, 04:31:26 pm »
loads

Just get on KAT and they are there in their abundance

Watched it online instead :wave

Spoiler
Good episode, giving nothing away. Expected. Not really troubled by the lawyer's interest in the case which made it look like a career move. Should provide a ruthless efficiency to how he handles it.
[close]

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2016, 08:30:34 pm »
Oh no

Spoiler
Naz has just gone to Rikers :(

Not a good sign.

[close]

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2016, 11:50:45 pm »
Spoiler

Beginning of the episode, more emphasis on that deer on the wall, like last episode. I'm sure it has some significance or meaning that I'm not getting

Wouldn't be shocked if there was a camera in the eye that showed someone else entering the hous, but that seems too convenient

[close]

Spoiler
There was a blood spatter on the eye. I thought that was why they were focusing on it.
[close]

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2016, 01:27:07 am »
Spoiler
There was a blood spatter on the eye. I thought that was why they were focusing on it.
[close]

Spoiler
my friend told me last week that there was a hat that was removed from near the deers head in the gap between Nas being awake, not checked it myself yet though
[close]

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2016, 05:51:55 am »
Oh no

Spoiler
Naz has just gone to Rikers :(

Not a good sign.

[close]

Spoiler
This remains my mortal fear for the coming episodes. I just don't want him to get brutalized in prison while awaiting trial. But I know that's what's going to come. Easy fish to fry for the seasoned cons.

Also scope for the introduction of an interesting prison character. Is there anybody big in the cast yet to make an appearance?
[close]

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2016, 06:15:41 am »
Also...

Spoiler
1. Step-dad -
The step-dad seems a fishy character. Too young and good looking. Also says he lives in Queens with his mother, while Andrea lives in a posh house (probably left behind by her mother). Jealousy at not having inherited the property?

She admits to having a good relationship with her mom, and says her dad was "alright". Step-dad didn't seem to have a good opinion about her while talking to Det. Box. Also, was first reluctant to go check the body out at the medical examier's, later misidentified it the first time he checked the photos.

2. The Gate -
She didn't seem to lock the gate after letting the cat out.
[close]
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 06:32:33 am by Gerrvindh »

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2016, 09:30:38 am »
Spoiler
my friend told me last week that there was a hat that was removed from near the deers head in the gap between Nas being awake, not checked it myself yet though
[close]

I need to watch Episode 1 again. I really must do it before episode 3 comes along. There was so much going on with potential witnesses. evidence etc.

Spoiler
This remains my mortal fear for the coming episodes. I just don't want him to get brutalized in prison while awaiting trial. But I know that's what's going to come. Easy fish to fry for the seasoned cons.

Also scope for the introduction of an interesting prison character. Is there anybody big in the cast yet to make an appearance?
[close]

Yes this is my fear too, We know how good HBO are at presenting that particular realistic type of environment. I'm praying that Naz stumbles upon a Guardian angel in there.

Also...

Spoiler
1. Step-dad -
The step-dad seems a fishy character. Too young and good looking. Also says he lives in Queens with his mother, while Andrea lives in a posh house (probably left behind by her mother). Jealousy at not having inherited the property?

She admits to having a good relationship with her mom, and says her dad was "alright". Step-dad didn't seem to have a good opinion about her while talking to Det. Box. Also, was first reluctant to go check the body out at the medical examier's, later misidentified it the first time he checked the photos.

2. The Gate -
She didn't seem to lock the gate after letting the cat out.
[close]

Spoiler
The Step-dad thing really is food for thought. Is the way he comes across just too obvious that he is hiding something? I dont think he actually 'Did it', but surely he must be some way connected?...maybe, maybe not
[close]

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2016, 09:35:00 am »
Found the 2nd not as good as the 1st episode, lacked its intensity and anguish but very watchable nonetheless mainly because of the good acting.

Spoiler
As for the stepdad, good choice for the actor, seen him twice before and he's more than decent. I wonder if he's intentionally presented sketchy.
[close]

Bugger, now I have to decide whether to interrupt Stranger Things and watch this ;D

What a life, when there's too much good telly :)

Same here. Went out for running came back a bit tired, had planned to watch the final 4 episodes, then remembered I have to watch the 2nd episode of this.

Today is the day I finish Stranger Things. Armed with a giant bucket of pop corn to see out that lovely 80's homage.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2016, 09:38:02 am »
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
There's a cowboy hat behind it, when they both go up to the room. But it is still there when he wakes up and goes up to the bedroom. I just checked.
[close]

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2016, 12:21:51 pm »
Found the 2nd not as good as the 1st episode, lacked its intensity and anguish but very watchable nonetheless mainly because of the good acting.

To be fair, I think they had to bring things back down to earth after that first hectic episode.

This episode focused more on the reality of Naz's situation and begins to demonstrate how the legal system works in the US as the heavy and laborious cogs of justice start to turn.

I enjoyed the episode as it continued to develop the characters of both John and Box. Who after Naz are the main players in this story.

Naz is playing this pretty cool so far. Hope it stays that way.

I'd really like to see Naz join a tough Muslim gang in Jail or shank someone and earn a bit of respect. But this isn't a Hollywood type of show and it ain't gonna happen :(

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2016, 04:57:13 pm »
How many episodes is this scheduled for lads?
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2016, 08:36:02 pm »
How many episodes is this scheduled for lads?

8 mate

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2016, 08:45:16 am »
Drinking game when one of the police officers/characters (I see you Bodie) in the series say something derogatory or racist to Naz or other person of an ethnic group?

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2016, 09:21:05 am »
finished stranger things last night so second episode of this for me tonight.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2016, 10:02:45 am »
Nothing much happened in the second episode, but definitely one of those that made you crave the follow up. Might have to save these up to binge watch.

The cinematography is fantastic, the second episode made me feel claustrophobic - was very immersive.
:D

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2016, 03:30:35 pm »
Another good episode and great to see Michael K Williams make an appearance. This is slow poison.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2016, 04:04:35 pm »
Another good episode and great to see Michael K Williams make an appearance. This is slow poison.

Is episode 3 out then? Great stuff.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2016, 04:08:57 pm »
Is episode 3 out then? Great stuff.

Get on it quick! surprised to see bump here over half a day later :D

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2016, 08:43:26 am »
Liked it too.

Spoiler
Focuses more on characters, how they deal with the incident and the ramifications on them. The investigative part from his lawyers should start soon.  Now they introduced Omar, will this turn into a prison drama for now?
[close]

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2016, 01:08:27 pm »
Liked it too.

Spoiler
Focuses more on characters, how they deal with the incident and the ramifications on them. The investigative part from his lawyers should start soon.  Now they introduced Omar, will this turn into a prison drama for now?
[close]

Spoiler
Where does this leave Stone? What's his route back? They did a bit of humanizing him with the cat portion after showing him as a novice/selfish hustler-lawyer. The pragmatist in me wants the other lawyer to deal with this case, since she has much vaster experience and would definitely do better. But this is a TV show, Stone is more drama.
[close]

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2016, 04:30:13 pm »
Spoiler
Where does this leave Stone? What's his route back? They did a bit of humanizing him with the cat portion after showing him as a novice/selfish hustler-lawyer. The pragmatist in me wants the other lawyer to deal with this case, since she has much vaster experience and would definitely do better. But this is a TV show, Stone is more drama.
[close]

Spoiler
It looks like the other 2 cab owners are going to hire him and try and sue Naz for 'stealing' the cab, so that they can get it back from impound and get back to work, so he'll still be around. Maybe he'll find something pivotal to Naz's defence while proving he took the cab without his father's permission, and use that to worm his way back in.
[close]
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2016, 04:57:37 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
My theory is that Chandra is going to take Stone's comment to heart about her attending Law school only to be Crowe's toy.

Have a feeling Chandra will maybe fuck Crowe off and go and become Stone's Paralegal or something similar.  There is no way on this earth a lawyer can successfully defend someone for murder on his own.  I'm no legal expert but its nigh on impossible and 'the Night of' does seem to be attempting to be realistic.

Saying that, maybe Alison Crowe AND Chandra will work with Stone.

Now for my moan. First one of the series.

I'm a bit disappointed with the Prison scenes to be honest.  While the prison surroundings, the guards and prison procedures are all grimly realistic, I have a problem with the actual prisoners.

Naz, as a Muslim, accused rapist and unaffiliated to any gang, in one of New Yorks notorious prisons would be very lucky indeed not to have already been at least slapped.

The scenes in the shower and toilet were very tense and I expected a beat down to commence any second. It didn't. Instead, the prisoners decided to set his bed alight and make threatening comical 'hand across the throat' gestures.  I haven't been in a US prison but have read loads about them and it all seemed just a bit tame considering the tone of the show. Naz being shown getting a good kicking wouldn't have been nice but would have have been much more realistic to the situation and would really give us a feeling of the horrible predicament he is in.

Now it looks like he's going to get protection from the tough Boss Con (Omar from the Wire).  I hope to god there is a valid reason he is giving his protection as no way on earth would he do it out of the goodness of his heart.

Don't get me wrong, still really enjoying it and I think it's going to get really good as Stone attempts to discover the evidence to hopefully get Naz off.
[close]

Online Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2016, 05:19:28 pm »
Spoiler
Naz, as a Muslim, accused rapist and unaffiliated to any gang, in one of New Yorks notorious prisons would be very lucky indeed not to have already been at least slapped.
[close]

Spoiler
Freddy, the king of the cell block, wants Naz scared enough so that he'll do his bidding, but can't really allow Naz to be attacked yet, as it would risk Naz being moved to another block. That's my reading of the situation anyway.
[close]
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2016, 05:36:22 pm »
Spoiler
Freddy, the king of the cell block, wants Naz scared enough so that he'll do his bidding, but can't really allow Naz to be attacked yet, as it would risk Naz being moved to another block. That's my reading of the situation anyway.
[close]

Good point.

Spoiler
The female prison guard who Freddy is screwing and using as a drugs mule said at the start of the episode that she can't do it any more because of Polygraphs being brought in.

And yeah, Freddy may be preventing Naz from getting beaten up and having the other con's scare him into accepting protection.
[close]

Also, thought I recognized the younger of the two guys who own the taxi with Naz's father. Its Tariq out of EastEnders from 10 years or so back.  Looks like he's been in a few HBO things since leaving the square. :)

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2016, 05:38:21 pm »
Also, thought I recognized the younger of the two guys who own the taxi with Naz's father. Its Tariq out of EastEnders from 10 years or so back.  Looks like he's been in a few HBO things since leaving the square. :)

Haha, no way, have to watch this as soon as I get in.

Also, quoting spoilers is stupid, why did I just do that? ;D

*unsee*

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2016, 11:10:09 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah that was my impression too, I also think the guy in the bed next to him might be in on it, hence him scaring Naz and telling him to take the impression.
[close]

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2016, 09:53:03 am »
His name is Omar, yo.

Spoiler
[close]

Good point.

Spoiler
Just wondering though, since he's the king of the cell and all, can't he pick anyone he wants to do his bidding? Why Naz specifically? I'd guess that's where "for the convenience of the series" part comes. We'll see.
[close]

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2016, 09:57:26 am »
Spoiler
It looks like the other 2 cab owners are going to hire him and try and sue Naz for 'stealing' the cab, so that they can get it back from impound and get back to work, so he'll still be around. Maybe he'll find something pivotal to Naz's defence while proving he took the cab without his father's permission, and use that to worm his way back in.
[close]

Spoiler
Now that I think about it, the car could hold a vital clue. Would she have left anything behind in it? But then the police might not have been so stupid to not have combed it for clues already.
[close]

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2016, 04:22:30 pm »
Some of the discussion and theories on here have peaked my interest back to top level peakness

Can't wait for the next episode :)

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2016, 04:25:43 pm »
Some of the discussion and theories on here have peaked my interest back to top level peakness

Can't wait for the next episode :)

*piqued (I'm doing this for you)

I'm really enjoying it too, I was expecting a massive drop in tension between the first and second episode and while there was definitely a dip it wasn't as bad as I expected. The show could still go either way as we really haven't seen much so far, but after things like Making a Murderer and Serial it's great to watch something like this play out, even if it is fiction.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2016, 04:27:50 pm »
*piqued (I'm doing this for you)

Well, I never knew that was how it was spelt!

I always thought of Peak(ed), as in the pinnacle or top.

Seriously, thanks :)

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2016, 04:35:25 pm »
Well, I never knew that was how it was spelt!

I always thought of Peak(ed), as in the pinnacle or top.

Seriously, thanks :)

Haha, no worries. Usually I wouldn't bother but it's a subtle enough mistake that I figured I should tell you.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2016, 05:32:57 pm »
Anyone got a link for episode three? For some reason the volume isn't working on showbox.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2016, 01:42:33 pm »
Anyone got a link for episode three? For some reason the volume isn't working on showbox.
you got ipt?
JFT 96