Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4121117 times)

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #59080 on: December 8, 2018, 10:32:48 pm »
Wtf is brook wearing :lmao

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59081 on: December 8, 2018, 10:33:55 pm »
WTF is he fighting!

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #59082 on: December 8, 2018, 10:34:40 pm »

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59083 on: December 8, 2018, 10:37:25 pm »
WTF is he fighting!
:lmao :lmao

Begs the question why I’m watching this.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59084 on: December 8, 2018, 10:45:45 pm »
:lmao :lmao

Begs the question why I’m watching this.

Yeah I'm not sure of that myself! Not like we haven't seen Kell Brook blow away a Latvian and then call out Amir Khan before...

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #59085 on: December 8, 2018, 10:48:08 pm »
Any links or is it done?

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59086 on: December 8, 2018, 10:51:53 pm »
Any links or is it done?

Have a look here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BoxingStreams/comments/a4d283/event_threadkell_brook_vs_michael_zerafa_super/

It's not a classic though so don't stress yourself trying to find it!

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59087 on: December 8, 2018, 11:05:25 pm »
Brook absolutely phoning this in.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #59088 on: December 8, 2018, 11:20:23 pm »
Go on Kell, call out Khan again
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59089 on: December 8, 2018, 11:26:05 pm »
Go on Kell, call out Khan again
Lo and behold. Getting very boring from the both of them.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59090 on: December 8, 2018, 11:54:34 pm »
If they do fight each other, hope they knock each other out. It's not a superfight so I don't know why the British public treats it like one.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #59091 on: December 9, 2018, 12:08:29 am »
If they do fight each other, hope they knock each other out. It's not a superfight so I don't know why the British public treats it like one.
It isn't but it will attract interest and I would buy the PPV to see Khan get starched. It needs to happen more or less next fight for each though, otherwise whatever interest there still is will dwindle to nothing.

Aside from being a pair of fannies, there is no reason why this fight doesnt happen next. Both are desperate to remain relevant, both have been stopped relatively recently, neither is threatening elite fighters, and both could do with an end of career payday.

Lusty's WMC in Blackpool shout might not be far off the mark  ;D

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #59092 on: December 9, 2018, 11:43:21 am »
Who is AJ's next mandatory? Will it be Whyte if he beats Chisora?

Yes his next mandatory will be the WBO, which will be Whyte if he beats Chisora. He’s likely to be mandated to fight Pulev again in 2020 by the IBF.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #59093 on: December 9, 2018, 12:10:08 pm »
Watching the Lomachenko/Pedraza fight. Amazing rally of 42 punches from Loma to put Pedraza on the deck for the 1st knockdown. Anthony Crolla will warm every penny if he fights him.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #59094 on: December 9, 2018, 12:24:40 pm »
Not even sure Loma fight him. WBA arent big on enforcing mandatories and it is a bit 'beneath' him.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #59095 on: December 9, 2018, 01:05:40 pm »
First time watching kell brook , very average fighter imo

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59096 on: December 9, 2018, 01:26:58 pm »
He is better than what he showed last night

His desperation for Khan is embarrassing though

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59097 on: December 9, 2018, 01:33:48 pm »
Watching the Lomachenko/Pedraza fight. Amazing rally of 42 punches from Loma to put Pedraza on the deck for the 1st knockdown. Anthony Crolla will warm every penny if he fights him.
Fair play to Pedraza for getting through the 11th round, that was unbelievable pressure.  42 power punches landed in that round alone :o

Very harsh judging him on that performance to be fair.  He was just going through the motions last night, nothing like himself.  I think the Khan business has broken him to be honest, that was a world title eliminator and he looked like he just didn't care anymore.  Boxing is a very dangerous game if you don't have the motivation.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59098 on: December 9, 2018, 03:06:05 pm »
For a world title eliminator you woukd think he would be highly motivated and trying to impress

Offline ElMagico

• hato with a rabbito. Abrocadabro!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59099 on: December 9, 2018, 03:09:26 pm »

That's like saying your first time watching Fury was vs one of the journeymen he has just faced. Brook is far from average.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59100 on: December 9, 2018, 03:15:27 pm »
That's like saying your first time watching Fury was vs one of the journeymen he has just faced. Brook is far from average.
He was getting hit way to easily
« Last Edit: December 9, 2018, 03:20:07 pm by rocco »

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59101 on: December 10, 2018, 09:43:05 pm »
Deontay Wilder on Joe Rogan show.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/J2dKtzwqbzM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/J2dKtzwqbzM</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59102 on: December 11, 2018, 12:08:27 am »
Very good interview, he comes across like a cool guy. I guess he's playing a character when he's in front of the media before fight night etc.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59103 on: December 11, 2018, 09:06:09 am »
Very good interview, he comes across like a cool guy. I guess he's playing a character when he's in front of the media before fight night etc.
No time for him after he said he wants to kill someone in the ring.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59104 on: December 11, 2018, 11:29:18 am »
Anyone up for a RAWK boxing forum Xmas pint?
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59105 on: December 11, 2018, 10:58:36 pm »
Anyone up for a RAWK boxing forum Xmas pint?
I'll be in Ireland but hope some of you lads do meet up. You'll find Samie outside a Gregg's anyway  :)

What you should do is get drunk and start practicing the Deontay Wilder windmill finish.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59106 on: December 12, 2018, 09:59:49 am »
I'll be in Ireland but hope some of you lads do meet up. You'll find Samie outside a Gregg's anyway  :)

What you should do is get drunk and start practicing the Deontay Wilder windmill finish.  ;D

Samie will be hanging around a kebab shop somewhere offering an open challenge for his Maltese title.

I'm not Liverpool based I'm afraid, and only in town for a couple of matches in December then straight back out again.  I will get knocked out in a pub car park somewhere in solidarity...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59107 on: December 12, 2018, 11:57:14 am »
And I don't drink so I'm out of the equation. If anyone does go then hope you have a good time with no Maltese Heavyweight titles having to be defended in the car park.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59108 on: December 14, 2018, 04:01:22 pm »
How come there's two PPV's on rival channels at the same time this weekend? That must be a first surely?

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59109 on: December 14, 2018, 04:03:12 pm »
How come there's two PPV's on rival channels at the same time this weekend? That must be a first surely?
because the two promoters are in a battle to show who can draw biggest audience and dont give a shit about the boxing fans basically its similar to any sporting even on tv

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59110 on: December 14, 2018, 04:30:08 pm »
because the two promoters are in a battle to show who can draw biggest audience and dont give a shit about the boxing fans basically its similar to any sporting even on tv

I dont think that's the reason.  Warrington v Frampton was never going to do big numbers regardless.  Frampton v Quigg did 240k ppv buys with all the sky hype behind it.  That fight will have its audience and Whyte v Chisora wont change it too much.

Whyte v Chisora was ideally would of been this weekend but the O2 wasn't available so it was next week or next year.  Next year doesnt work for Whyte who could possibly fight AJ in April.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59111 on: December 14, 2018, 04:31:56 pm »
Deontay Wilder on Joe Rogan show.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/J2dKtzwqbzM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/J2dKtzwqbzM</a>

Joe Rogan knows shit about boxing.  The stuff he says about AJ is laughable.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59112 on: December 14, 2018, 05:00:37 pm »
I dont think that's the reason.  Warrington v Frampton was never going to do big numbers regardless.  Frampton v Quigg did 240k ppv buys with all the sky hype behind it.  That fight will have its audience and Whyte v Chisora wont change it too much.

Whyte v Chisora was ideally would of been this weekend but the O2 wasn't available so it was next week or next year.  Next year doesnt work for Whyte who could possibly fight AJ in April.
PLENTY of other venues that could have held it though apart from o2

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59113 on: December 14, 2018, 05:57:27 pm »

Ridiculous that either event is PPV. I'm a big boxing fan and pay for a majority of PPVs but won't be buying either. Plenty of boxing fans will follow suit, and casuals won't be arsed so both events could tank.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59114 on: December 14, 2018, 06:36:42 pm »
Puroesu do you actually believe what you are saying because you are legit sounding like you're drinking the Matchroom koolaid

This move from Eddie is not a good look for boxing.

I wont be in the country but I would have watched the Whyte fight because of the first one. He clearly wants to kill off the competition and that's fair enough. I've done the same thing as head of a Nigerian community organisation when he had some wannabe rival organisation  trying to make noise. We put one of our events on the same date (deliberately) and they subsequently lost steam and fcuked off.

I have no issues with them being snide like that but trying to pretend it couldn't be helped is just insulting

I wouldn't be surprised if it was more to spite Frampton than Warrren. I've watched a video of Hearn talking about Frampton and saying 'he doesn't have to like me but I can make him so much money' when Frampton was a free agent. He went and signed with Warren as clearly Carl could not get past his dislike of Eddie

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59115 on: December 14, 2018, 07:21:07 pm »
Pretty sure that Hearn and Warren have both done this to each other over the years. Definitely not the first time Matchroom has done it. Can't remember 2 PPVs at the same time though, but they're both domestic dust ups that shouldn't be PPVs anyway.

In other news, PBC have signed up with ITV, so this shit is only going to get worse.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59116 on: December 14, 2018, 07:42:09 pm »
Pretty sure that Hearn and Warren have both done this to each other over the years. Definitely not the first time Matchroom has done it. Can't remember 2 PPVs at the same time though, but they're both domestic dust ups that shouldn't be PPVs anyway.

In other news, PBC have signed up with ITV, so this shit is only going to get worse.

Defo been done before but first time as PPV.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59117 on: December 15, 2018, 05:12:16 pm »
Canelo v Fielding tonight. Still have no idea how someone like him got a fight again one of the worlds best.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59118 on: December 15, 2018, 05:37:54 pm »
Canelo v Fielding tonight. Still have no idea how someone like him got a fight again one of the worlds best.
He has a world title of sorts and Ginger fancies a handy extra weight class shiny thing.

Fielding's size and reach could pose early problems but Canelo is far too good and will surely break him down to a stoppage.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59119 on: December 15, 2018, 11:13:00 pm »

I get the impression Rocky feels like that too. Hopefully he gives a good account of himself.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT