Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4120986 times)

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #61800 on: January 10, 2020, 11:30:37 am »
Spence is the bigger man mate. A more natural Welter, Crawford is coming up through the weight's and eventually it catches everyone up.
Crawford is a far better boxer and there isn't the same size disparity as there was with Mikey Garcia. If that fight happens, I think a lot of people will be shocked by how comfortably Bud deals with him.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61801 on: January 10, 2020, 11:56:23 am »
Crawford is a far better boxer and there isn't the same size disparity as there was with Mikey Garcia. If that fight happens, I think a lot of people will be shocked by how comfortably Bud deals with him.
I don't think he's far better than Spence but I agree that he is better and wins on points all day. Both are elite though, and need to get it on asap.

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61802 on: January 10, 2020, 01:14:15 pm »

Agree with this, think it will be very similar to Mayweather vs Canelo. Canelo is a highly skilled boxer and was the much bigger fighter but the more skillful fighter took it with ease.

I can't see anything other than Crawford making Spence look average. Not that Spence is, far from it, neither was Canelo, but highly elite fighters have a way of making other elite fighters look average.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61803 on: January 10, 2020, 03:29:09 pm »
It's all moot anyway. Crawford v Spence is unlikely, certainly not happening until Spence is up and running again properly after his car crash.  ;D

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #61804 on: January 12, 2020, 11:56:46 am »
Just seen the highlights of Mungia & Spike O’Sullivan from last night. Looked brutal.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61805 on: January 14, 2020, 03:29:56 pm »
I see Wilder and Fury have started the hype with their press conference. Wilder saying " I'm gonna knock you out of the ring and then you really will have a WWE experience but in real life".  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61806 on: January 14, 2020, 05:13:53 pm »
I see Wilder and Fury have started the hype with their press conference. Wilder saying " I'm gonna knock you out of the ring and then you really will have a WWE experience but in real life".  ;D

The more a boxer goes on about looking for a KO and going to war, the more likely they are to spend 12 rounds on the back foot come fight night ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61807 on: January 16, 2020, 10:17:16 pm »
 AJ's and Usyk's reps have held discussions today. I would rather see this than Aj vs Pulev to be honest. But either way he's facing a mandatory defense next. 

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61808 on: January 17, 2020, 09:19:29 am »
Not sure that makes sense for AJ now.  Partly because there's a good chance he'll lose, but also because there's not much to win.  If I were him I'd want Usyk to beat a couple more heavyweights and pick up that WBO belt so that the win looks more legit.

Agree that I'd rather watch it than AJ v Pulev though.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #61809 on: January 17, 2020, 09:53:23 am »
The more a boxer goes on about looking for a KO and going to war, the more likely they are to spend 12 rounds on the back foot come fight night ;D

Facts

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61810 on: January 17, 2020, 01:09:20 pm »
Funny to hear pillow-fisted Fury talking about knocking out Wilder. More chance of Mayweather fighting in UFC.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61811 on: January 17, 2020, 01:59:43 pm »
Not sure that makes sense for AJ now.  Partly because there's a good chance he'll lose, but also because there's not much to win.  If I were him I'd want Usyk to beat a couple more heavyweights and pick up that WBO belt so that the win looks more legit.

Agree that I'd rather watch it than AJ v Pulev though.

Opposite of you mate better to beat a novice Heavyweight version of Usyk than one that's fully in tune with the Heavies.  Beat Usyk now then you don't have to face him anymore unless Usyk really cleans up the division i.e he goes on to beat Wilder, Fury etc. :D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61812 on: January 17, 2020, 03:33:59 pm »
Opposite of you mate better to beat a novice Heavyweight version of Usyk than one that's fully in tune with the Heavies.  Beat Usyk now then you don't have to face him anymore unless Usyk really cleans up the division i.e he goes on to beat Wilder, Fury etc. :D

Easier to beat him now, yeah.  But he won't get any credit for beating him until he's done something in the division.

Not that we should be bothered by that kind of thing as boxing fans.  I definitely want to see the fight!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61813 on: January 17, 2020, 04:50:37 pm »
He doesn't get credit as it is.  ;D Take the W wit this lesser Usyk version and move on. At this point on Wilder and Fury give AJ the credit from boxing fans and pundits.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61814 on: January 17, 2020, 05:55:53 pm »
To be fair, I don't think Captain Windmill knows how to do anything else except throw punches, miss wildly, and land a big one!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61815 on: January 18, 2020, 03:57:56 pm »
New rumour today lads:

AJ fights Pulev (IBF mandatory) next and Usyk in October (WBO mandatory).

I can see that happening and that meeting was basically to thrash out this compromise.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61816 on: January 18, 2020, 06:00:45 pm »
New rumour today lads:

AJ fights Pulev (IBF mandatory) next and Usyk in October (WBO mandatory).

I can see that happening and that meeting was basically to thrash out this compromise.

Fine with me, assuming Fury and Wilder keep each other busy this year. I thought he'd have to drop one belt though and win it back off Usyk?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61817 on: January 18, 2020, 06:06:04 pm »
Perhaps Eddie came to some compromise with the WBO like guaranteeing the Usyk fight will be next.  Or like you said AJ drops WBO and Usyk fights Chisora on the undercard and then AJ v Usyk in October.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61818 on: January 18, 2020, 06:10:20 pm »
Perhaps Eddie came to some compromise with the WBO like guaranteeing the Usyk fight will be next.  Or like you said AJ drops WBO and Usyk fights Chisora on the undercard and then AJ v Usyk in October.

Yeah I wouldn't mind that. Whatever happens Usyk is not going to sit on his hands till October. Think Parker was being talked about before, would be good to see Usyk against someone that size.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61819 on: January 20, 2020, 09:40:21 pm »
I see we've got dickhead Fury back.

“Usyk isn’t on the list. He’s a no name. No one is interested. He doesn’t make any money,” said Fury to IFL TV when asked if he’d like to fight him. “Why would I want to fight him for? He’s a small cruiserweight, a foreigner who doesn’t speak good English, and no one is really interested anyway. I want the big fights that people are interested in, and that ain’t one of them,” said Fury.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61820 on: January 20, 2020, 09:44:27 pm »
Prepping for a big fight not surprising to be honest.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61821 on: January 20, 2020, 09:47:25 pm »
Yeah if the interviewer asked about Wilder, do the trash talk. This was just a random question "Would you like to fight Usyk?"  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61822 on: January 21, 2020, 11:45:55 pm »
Few rumours coming up again that Lomachenko vs Teofimo Lopez (IBF Champ) could be in Saudi.  ;D  :butt

That's probably the best fight out there at Lightweight. Would be a cracker.

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #61823 on: January 22, 2020, 07:25:37 am »
Few rumours coming up again that Lomachenko vs Teofimo Lopez (IBF Champ) could be in Saudi.  ;D  :butt

That's probably the best fight out there at Lightweight. Would be a cracker.

Saw them both live last year,

would be a cracking scrap

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61824 on: January 22, 2020, 11:42:41 am »
Saudis need to fuck off, all the big fights are going to be held there at this rate.

Fury is a tool, those two fights against the German plumber and the Swedish meatball salesman were HUGE fights weren’t they? The guy is known to be a hypocrite. Hope Wilder takes his head off.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61825 on: January 22, 2020, 04:34:12 pm »
I see we've got dickhead Fury back.

Mad how Fury is both incredibly sound and a massive bellend at the same time ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61826 on: January 23, 2020, 06:45:47 pm »
Eddie Hearn saying they've received an offer for the winner of Wilder v Fury 2 to face AJ in Saudi Arabia. He was talking to Sky Sports today.  :butt

"The fight Anthony Joshua wants is the winner of Wilder and Fury. Both guys have turned down 60/40 and now we have no other option but to offer them 50/50... We have a huge [Saudi Arabia] site offer in place for that fight to take place."

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61827 on: January 24, 2020, 09:58:23 am »
Eddie Hearn saying they've received an offer for the winner of Wilder v Fury 2 to face AJ in Saudi Arabia. He was talking to Sky Sports today.  :butt

Fucks sake.  Wouldn't mind too much if it was Wilder, but if it was Fury vs Joshua and that wasn't in the UK it would be a real shame.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61828 on: January 24, 2020, 10:50:02 am »
Just like I said. All the big fights are going to be in Saudi soon.

I see Andy Ruiz has split from trainer Manny Robles, who pretty much confirmed that Andy was eating whatever he wanted and never focused in camp.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61829 on: January 24, 2020, 12:12:48 pm »
Just like I said. All the big fights are going to be in Saudi soon.

I see Andy Ruiz has split from trainer Manny Robles, who pretty much confirmed that Andy was eating whatever he wanted and never focused in camp.

All these fights going to Saudi is obviously unpleasant, but I can never really begrudge fighters making as much money as they can.  It's a tough old game and for all of them their next fight could be their last.

Promoters, on the other hand...

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61830 on: January 24, 2020, 01:05:53 pm »
All these fights going to Saudi is obviously unpleasant, but I can never really begrudge fighters making as much money as they can.  It's a tough old game and for all of them their next fight could be their last.

Promoters, on the other hand...

And don't even start on the fuckers continuing to employ known drug cheats. Bob Arum with Miller, Hearn with Povetkin etc. The sport is a disgrace.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61831 on: January 24, 2020, 11:19:31 pm »
Eddie revealing tonight to Talkshite that they've received an offer for AJ to fight in DR Congo formally known as Zaire.   And you know lads what happened there.;D

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/660347/boxing-news-anthony-joshua-fight-congo-muhammad-ali/
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 11:21:31 pm by Samie »

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61832 on: January 28, 2020, 10:01:05 pm »
Wonder who the big juice head will get next. Embarrassing if it's Murata.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61833 on: January 29, 2020, 04:49:44 pm »
Daniel Dubois v Joe Joyce on April 20th. The charisma at the press conference will be through the roof

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61834 on: January 29, 2020, 08:48:59 pm »
Should be semi decent fight that.

in other news Eddie Hearn saying if AJ v Fury happens it's unlikely it will be in the UK.  :butt

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61835 on: January 29, 2020, 09:58:45 pm »
Daniel Dubois v Joe Joyce on April 20th. The charisma at the press conference will be through the roof

I don't rate Joyce at all.  Easy win for Dubois IMO.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61836 on: January 29, 2020, 10:43:11 pm »
I don't rate Joyce at all.  Easy win for Dubois IMO.
I'm not entirely sure about that. Joyce can 'ugly' up this fight, get inside and rough Dubois up. You have to remember that Dubois is inexperienced and hasn't fought much in the way of competition. My first thought is that he will win a harder than expected points decision.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 09:29:41 am by 1892tillforever »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61837 on: January 30, 2020, 12:32:45 am »
They should all face the "Tony Thompson test".   If you can get through him and survive his epic pre and post fight interviews you may proceed to the other legit Heavies.;D

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #61838 on: January 30, 2020, 12:37:28 am »
About time Dubois stepped up from fighting Electricians and Bouncers.

Should be a good fight, I'll definitely tune in for that.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61839 on: January 30, 2020, 10:22:13 am »
They should all face the "Tony Thompson test".   If you can get through him and survive his epic pre and post fight interviews you may proceed to the other legit Heavies.;D

Wonder how his missus is getting on these days ;D