Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4121239 times)

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #59480 on: February 19, 2019, 03:27:03 pm »
I saw a good interview on Joe with Eubank & Carl Frampton last night. With the latter having to keep a straight face on a few occasions.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59481 on: February 19, 2019, 04:16:47 pm »
I see Eubank Sr is banging the drum about his son being a worthy successor to Floyd Mayweather. Give it up old man, your son is a European level fighter at best.
hahahaha.
cyas

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59482 on: February 19, 2019, 04:31:21 pm »
I see Eubank Sr is banging the drum about his son being a worthy successor to Floyd Mayweather. Give it up old man, your son is a European level fighter at best.

I thought he was the new Sugar Ray Leonard?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59483 on: February 19, 2019, 07:15:29 pm »
hahahaha.
Was that at Eubank Sr or me saying his son is European level? Which let's face it, he is.

I thought he was the new Sugar Ray Leonard?
In his dad's mind, He's Sugar Ray, Muhammad Ali and Jack Dempsey all rolled into one.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 08:18:45 pm by King.Keita »

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59484 on: February 19, 2019, 08:18:09 pm »
https://twitter.com/ODDSbible/status/1097936531073974275

This Jarrell Miller really is like a dog, constantly barking. Hope AJ absolutely blasts him out of there

EDIT: Just seen their press conference. Fuck. Me. The guy is easily the most childish and unlikeable twat on the planet.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 08:28:49 pm by King.Keita »

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #59485 on: February 19, 2019, 10:52:39 pm »
https://twitter.com/ODDSbible/status/1097936531073974275

This Jarrell Miller really is like a dog, constantly barking. Hope AJ absolutely blasts him out of there

EDIT: Just seen their press conference. Fuck. Me. The guy is easily the most childish and unlikeable twat on the planet.

Warren said this morning that Fury knocked Miller down about 7 times in sparring.

Micky mouse fight this mate. Josh will win easily

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #59486 on: February 19, 2019, 11:52:42 pm »
Without being precious about AJ, who the fuck does this fat pudding think he is? His nipples are in his armpits.

Beat a 76 year old Adamek, who is a cruiserweight at his best, and thinks he's got the nuts to beat the champion.

Whyte would twat this idiot. His best option after the AJ KO would be a brawl with Chisora. Would at least be an entertaining fight between two packets of Lurpak.

Also, this is a legit comment from the boxing scene forum.....says a lot about US fans...:

TIMOTHY TAIT
There's still rematch upon rematch he can take in the UK. The "people" of the UK won't question it either, they are peasants by blood - thousands of years of being whipped into submission by their rulers and monarchy. They don't question, they obey. They will buy his PPVs regardless of who he faces.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=806952
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 01:16:43 am by Golden_Child »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59487 on: February 20, 2019, 09:03:05 am »
That forum is the pits. Go there sometimes for news but never read below the line. Bluemoon levels of insanity at times.

There's not a lot of good places to talk boxing on the Internet.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #59488 on: February 20, 2019, 09:44:14 am »
He is to be fair... in terms of being a complete twat. The comparison ends there however.

Come on mate, never buy tickets for a Frank Warren card. You're asking for trouble.
The missus got it as a Valentine's Day gift; she doesn't know anything about Warren's dodginess.

That forum is the pits. Go there sometimes for news but never read below the line. Bluemoon levels of insanity at times.

There's not a lot of good places to talk boxing on the Internet.
A bit like football I'm afraid. Social media is a cesspool for the most part; the scumbags like to come out to talk complete wham.

Without being precious about AJ, who the fuck does this fat pudding think he is? His nipples are in his armpits.

Beat a 76 year old Adamek, who is a cruiserweight at his best, and thinks he's got the nuts to beat the champion.

Whyte would twat this idiot. His best option after the AJ KO would be a brawl with Chisora. Would at least be an entertaining fight between two packets of Lurpak.

Also, this is a legit comment from the boxing scene forum.....says a lot about US fans...:

TIMOTHY TAIT
There's still rematch upon rematch he can take in the UK. The "people" of the UK won't question it either, they are peasants by blood - thousands of years of being whipped into submission by their rulers and monarchy. They don't question, they obey. They will buy his PPVs regardless of who he faces.

:o That guy is high on crack or something.

As for Pork Pie Miller, the main reason he was chosen for AJ's big U.S. debut is due to his big mouth. Hearn knows he will sell the fight and get plenty of coverage with his nonsense. AJ's camp also knows that Miller will throw lots of punches and be ripe for a spectacular KO.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 09:47:49 am by 1892tillforever »

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59489 on: February 20, 2019, 12:36:22 pm »

TIMOTHY TAIT

This is spot on on many levels.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59490 on: February 20, 2019, 01:06:20 pm »
Just watched the press conference between AJ and Miller. Bit lost for words, another hood sob story from Miller, never had shit, seen so much evil so now I gotta act like a right prick. Hope AJ don't get caught up in this nonsense sideshow and does his talking in the ring.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59491 on: February 20, 2019, 01:20:23 pm »
Miller is fuckin fat. Will come in at 23 stones the pie guzzler.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59492 on: February 20, 2019, 01:32:03 pm »
Was that at Eubank Sr or me saying his son is European level? Which let's face it, he is.
In his dad's mind, He's Sugar Ray, Muhammad Ali and Jack Dempsey all rolled into one.
Eubank Snr sorry. It's embarassing.
cyas

Online markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59493 on: February 20, 2019, 02:28:55 pm »
Miller is the first opponent to bring up the joshua weight explosion thing, which I have heard various body builders bring up down the yrs.  Made the back page various UK papers

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59494 on: February 20, 2019, 02:47:45 pm »
He's not and Fury has also mentioned it. Funny how Aj hasn't failed a test but Fury has.  ;D

Online markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59495 on: February 20, 2019, 03:43:40 pm »
He's not and Fury has also mentioned it. Funny how Aj hasn't failed a test but Fury has.  ;D

Fury was the only boxer I know who went there, ( hence why I said opponent) however since fury failed a drugs test he has stopped pointing this out

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #59496 on: February 20, 2019, 09:42:38 pm »
Fury was the only boxer I know who went there, ( hence why I said opponent) however since fury failed a drugs test he has stopped pointing this out

Eating boars bollocks, respect!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59497 on: February 20, 2019, 09:56:31 pm »
That press conference reminded me of Khabib v McGregor. He was talking so much shit to Khabib and in the end he got utterly smashed. I predict the same thing will happen here except Miller's fat head is going to bounce off the canvas multiple times, the fucking fridge

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59498 on: February 23, 2019, 08:22:11 am »
Who have you guys got tonight? I like Eubank stoppage. Degale is done.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59499 on: February 23, 2019, 09:16:11 am »

Agree mate. Eubanks win.

As you say mate. Stick a fork in him. Well Degale has a fork in him. He's done.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59500 on: February 23, 2019, 10:17:07 am »

Don't see Jr stopping him, he doesn't hit hard enough especially at 168.

In reality JDG should give him a boxing lesson, but I don't know what he's got left. I'll probably put a few quid on JDG on points, but could be Jr late stoppage on a cut or injury or something like that.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59501 on: February 23, 2019, 10:31:47 am »
I'd say Eubanks is more or less done as well, have we got another fork? No way is he testing the top dogs in this division.

Seen that Joe Joyce is fighting tonight as well, against Bermaine Stiverne. Even though he's been inactive, it's still quite a big step up for only his 8th fight.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59502 on: February 23, 2019, 11:13:38 am »
Stiverne has come in at a career high 270. If he sees the 4th round I'd consider that a moral victory. Joyce ends it when he wants to

Hopefuully soon he can fight for title.Nothing wrong in collecting the Britsh title. He beats everybody at that level without too much bother

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #59503 on: February 23, 2019, 11:19:42 am »
They need to get a move on with Joyce, what is he 33/34? But he should get rid of Stiverne without too much trouble. Hope DeGale can turn back the clock, Eubank is way over hyped.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59504 on: February 23, 2019, 11:37:43 am »
Actually that's a good point. Win the briitsh title, vacate, fight Charr and collect the WBA 'Regular' and just be defending that and build to a fight with Joshua/Wilder/Fury

That would be my plan

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #59505 on: February 23, 2019, 11:52:28 am »
Looking forward to Joe Joyce doing a number on Stiverne tonight. I think Degale beats Eubank in points.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59506 on: February 23, 2019, 11:57:07 am »
If DeGale still has some of his old self left, then he wins easily on points.  He's by far the better boxer.

Eubank is just a hyped up domestic/European level fighter.  He's got good stamina and heart, but that's it.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59507 on: February 23, 2019, 03:09:30 pm »
Eubank was only getting TKOs against domestic level fighters at 160 after landing dozens of big shots in some cases. He hasn't shown anything like the kind of power one needs to KO someone as durable as De Gale. Chunky would need to be shot to shit for that to happen IMO.

I do think the timing is perfect for Eubank Jr. though. De Gale apparently had some injuries in the past that have now healed but I still think he is on the downward slide. I think he is probably far enough down the mountain for Eubank to win a close decision. If De Gale turns back the clock 4 years or so, he would win easily.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #59508 on: February 23, 2019, 03:24:00 pm »
what time does the ITV Box office card start tonight??

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59509 on: February 23, 2019, 03:41:00 pm »
7 i believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59510 on: February 23, 2019, 07:48:20 pm »
Any links around?

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59511 on: February 23, 2019, 07:49:27 pm »
Just saw the state of Stiverne in the weigh-in. Not sure what is worse, the fact that he clearly was not arsed training despite the big talk to the contrary, or the fact he looked legitimately stoned  :o

Joyce should honestly be ending this in a round. As soon as he lands a big shot, I can't see a clearly disinterested Stiverne trying hard to hang in there. He was a decent fighter a few years ago as well.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59512 on: February 23, 2019, 08:01:26 pm »

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59513 on: February 23, 2019, 08:39:39 pm »
Selby got problems in rnd2

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59514 on: February 23, 2019, 08:44:29 pm »
Probably wondering if jumping up 2 divisions was a good idea.

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
« Reply #59515 on: February 23, 2019, 09:04:20 pm »
Any streams guys, the one above was working fine but seems to have dropped now
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59516 on: February 23, 2019, 09:08:12 pm »
Any streams guys, the one above was working fine but seems to have dropped now

Keep an eye on here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BoxingStreams/comments/atyi2n/boxing_james_degale_vs_chris_eubank_jr/

The first Acestream is working for me now.

Offline Not that Gareth

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59517 on: February 23, 2019, 09:08:31 pm »

Offline Not that Gareth

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59518 on: February 23, 2019, 09:09:56 pm »
Just started watching, looks like a tough night for Selby

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
« Reply #59519 on: February 23, 2019, 09:10:58 pm »
Nice one guys
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"