Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4120950 times)

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #59440 on: February 13, 2019, 04:40:37 pm »
He shouldn't have promised Whyte he was next in line live on PPV then.

Instead he's fighting bum in new york chasing the US market which won't be there once Fury finishes wilder off. Whilst he is running around pretending this is a legimate match up, most peoples interest will be on Fury-Wilder 2.

Whyte doesn't want it. And if you think Pulev or Ortiz are somehow better options then I really don't know what to tell you.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59441 on: February 13, 2019, 04:50:01 pm »
Whyte doesn't want it. And if you think Pulev or Ortiz are somehow better options then I really don't know what to tell you.
Of course he doesn't  ::)

Pulev and Ortiz are both much better fights than fighting this chump even if they are both over the hill. What has miller done, ever?
cyas

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59442 on: February 13, 2019, 04:58:14 pm »

Pulev and Ortiz are both much better fights than fighting this chump even if they are both over the hill. What has miller done, ever?
Which one of these would have sold out the MSG? He wants to fight in the US and so he is fighting the second best US fighter. Don't really get the negativity.

He offered all the other contenders a deal but they didn't want it. What else is he meant to do? His resume is still better than Wilders and he has had 20 fights less. People talk like he has been fighting bums but he fought a unification fight last year and one of the top 5 heavyweights in the world.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #59443 on: February 13, 2019, 05:15:50 pm »
Of course Whyte wanted it; certainly more than the opposing side did. The terms AJ offered were once more ridiculous.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59444 on: February 13, 2019, 05:18:16 pm »

So Joshua is ducking a man who is already part of his KO highlight reel?

If Eddie Hearn paid a bunch of scientists to genetically engineer the perfect opponent for AJ I doubt they could come up with something better than Pulev. And even if Ortiz didn't already have a fight, I don't know what you think his big achievement is? Although pursuing a professional boxing career at his age is impressive enough I suppose.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59445 on: February 13, 2019, 05:34:10 pm »
Of course Whyte wanted it; certainly more than the opposing side did. The terms AJ offered were once more ridiculous.
How are the terms ridiculous? He offered all of them at least 100% more than they can earn elsewhere. Wilder's biggest pay day is about £5m. He was offering him 40% which is about 30-40m.

And why would AJ want to duck Whyte when he has already convincingly beat him?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59446 on: February 13, 2019, 06:04:33 pm »
How are the terms ridiculous? He offered all of them at least 100% more than they can earn elsewhere. Wilder's biggest pay day is about £5m. He was offering him 40% which is about 30-40m.

I dont think the fight is worth that much but what we do know is that Wilder's guarantee for Fury foight was 'only' $4m with the rest coming from PPV. He could easily earn minimum $10m guarantee before PPV with AJ.

AJ shouldn't be fighting Whyte unless he is mandated to. It wasnt even a close fight. It's lose lose from AJ as far as I can see unless Whyte collects the WBC

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #59447 on: February 13, 2019, 06:14:14 pm »

Isn't Fury's cut 20m for the rematch? That makes Wilder's about 30m. If that's true then there's no sense in an AJ match for either of them.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59448 on: February 13, 2019, 06:17:34 pm »
Isn't Fury's cut 20m for the rematch? That makes Wilder's about 30m. If that's true then there's no sense in an AJ match for either of them.

I suspect those figures are fake news.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59449 on: February 13, 2019, 07:39:50 pm »
Don't get the negative reaction to this, was there this much outrage when Mayweather fought Guerrero or Berto? He needs to dip his toes in the US market and Miller with his big mouth is the perfect dance partner. Add the worlds most famous arena and you've got a guaranteed sellout. Fighting Whyte at Wembley made senso but this makes more sense imo. Still think he'll fight Wilder or Fury by this time next year. Joshua v Wilder at this point is like Mayweather v Pacquiao. Will do huge number regardless of where it is.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59450 on: February 13, 2019, 07:48:41 pm »
Tottenham are playing homeon 13th April and I wouldn't think FA would move the date for something like boxing. I wonder if April 13th has been dead for a while

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #59451 on: February 13, 2019, 07:53:56 pm »
I suspect those figures are fake news.

All depends on ppv sales I guess, although it's reported Fury got 7m+ for the first fight and the WBC have ordered a 60/40 split for the rematch. My point is that Hearn is offering maybe 10% of the purse to any challenger which will probably keep Miller in donuts for a few months but wont tempt the top guys.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #59452 on: February 13, 2019, 10:09:06 pm »

Ortiz is a tough cookie but is 50+ years of age I reckon. He couldn't get it done against Wilder and isn't a fighter that will 'excite' the casuals. Pulev is a solid fighter but is tailor-made for AJ stylewise.
Miller has a mouth almost as big as his appetite, throws lots of punches and will go in there legitimately looking for a KO. He will get flattened but it will be fun while it lasts (max of 5 rounds most likely). Most of all, he will do his bit to sell the fight and after AJ wins via spectacular KO, he will get a little traction in the US.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #59453 on: February 14, 2019, 10:11:29 am »
Then if Wilder beats Fury in the rematch it'll be AJ v Wilder in eithrr Vegas or Cardiff in the autumn I reckon, most likely being Vegas. This is a set up fight for AJ and it's a good one.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59454 on: February 14, 2019, 01:29:13 pm »
Then if Wilder beats Fury in the rematch it'll be AJ v Wilder in eithrr Vegas or Cardiff in the autumn I reckon, most likely being Vegas. This is a set up fight for AJ and it's a good one.

That's a big 'if' though, I could see Fury winning this time.  Then wilder will get a rematch so we'll have to wait a while.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59455 on: February 14, 2019, 02:13:42 pm »
Thought Whyte makes more sense for them from a money perspective, would be AJ vs Whyte II and the marketing campaign would be on overdrive, think they’d easily sell most of Wembley and decent PPV numbers.

Fair enough though, wants to fight in MSG can’t fault him for that. I don’t think Fury/Wilder will happen for a 3rd consecutive time so winner gets AJ.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #59456 on: February 14, 2019, 03:56:00 pm »
If Fury wins then Fury/Wilder 3 is on. There's no way Wilder doesn't go for the rematch to get his belt back.

Offline bornandbRED

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59457 on: February 15, 2019, 08:39:33 am »

Whyte has cited issues with him still being the B side in the event of a rematch, even if he won. This was the main sticking point as well as AJ's side giving him only 12 weeks to prepare for the fight.

Whyte's a different proposition to what he was when they first fought. Much more accomplished and physically robust. I think he can give AJ a run for his money and so without a belt it's likely they don't want it.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #59458 on: February 15, 2019, 09:39:11 am »
Tottenham are playing homeon 13th April and I wouldn't think FA would move the date for something like boxing. I wonder if April 13th has been dead for a while

I wonder if the Joshua camp were given a way of not fighting at Wembley without penalty. There’s Champions League the following week. So whatever jiggery pokery was done with next weeks fixture announcements for April, it still could have involved Spurs playing on the Friday or Sunday beforehand and potentially not knowing until the CL draw on 15 March.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59459 on: February 15, 2019, 09:59:33 am »
Whyte has cited issues with him still being the B side in the event of a rematch, even if he won. This was the main sticking point as well as AJ's side giving him only 12 weeks to prepare for the fight.

Whyte's a different proposition to what he was when they first fought. Much more accomplished and physically robust. I think he can give AJ a run for his money and so without a belt it's likely they don't want it.

He was out on his feet against Parker in the final round, and was only saved by the bell, and the ref not stopping it.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59460 on: February 15, 2019, 10:15:48 am »

AJ was a relative novice when they first fought. As much as Whyte has stepped up, Joshua has stepped up much more. And Whyte was fortunate against Parker and the first time against Chisora.

I'd have liked to see Whyte against Wilder, but I don't think anyone in the Joshua camp would be arsed about fighting him again.

12 weeks to prepare is fine though? Normal training camps are about 8 weeks aren't they?  He's been in with him before and it's not like AJ is a tricky southpaw or something.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59461 on: February 15, 2019, 10:44:40 am »
It is believed that Wilder stands to earn $14 million (£10.94m) for the December 1 showdown while Fury is expected to pocket $10m (£7.82m).

The above is what they earned in the first fight. No way their earnings double in a second fight.

Just seen the state of WBA rankings. Davis just got switched with the Super champion without needing him to fight him. Also they have 4 cruiserweight champions including a gold champion.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59462 on: February 15, 2019, 11:13:32 am »

Just seen the state of WBA rankings. Davis just got switched with the Super champion without needing him to fight him. Also they have 4 cruiserweight champions including a gold champion.

Last time I looked they were still recognising Lebedev as a 'Champion in recess' so they might be up to 5 now!

Offline bornandbRED

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59463 on: February 15, 2019, 12:27:09 pm »
AJ was a relative novice when they first fought. As much as Whyte has stepped up, Joshua has stepped up much more. And Whyte was fortunate against Parker and the first time against Chisora.

I'd have liked to see Whyte against Wilder, but I don't think anyone in the Joshua camp would be arsed about fighting him again.

12 weeks to prepare is fine though? Normal training camps are about 8 weeks aren't they?  He's been in with him before and it's not like AJ is a tricky southpaw or something.

You need 16 weeks to comply with doping regulations.

To the guy that said Whyte was offered 30 mill, where'd you pull that from? Whyte was offered a 15% cut as he has said.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59464 on: February 15, 2019, 01:30:37 pm »
You need 16 weeks to comply with doping regulations.

To the guy that said Whyte was offered 30 mill, where'd you pull that from? Whyte was offered a 15% cut as he has said.

Think the doping thing is a red herring mate, they're both signed up to year round testing anyway. Not that Dillian Whyte is one to talk in that area!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59465 on: February 18, 2019, 12:20:58 pm »
Fury signs with Top Rank.

What will that mean for the Wilder rematch?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59466 on: February 18, 2019, 12:48:35 pm »

It will nuke it.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 12:51:33 pm by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59467 on: February 18, 2019, 01:01:30 pm »

Urgh. Any combination of Fury, Wilder and Joshua is now much harder to make.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #59468 on: February 18, 2019, 01:18:47 pm »
It smacks of a guy that has been told an AJ fight just isn't on the cards (regardless of how any potential rematch with Wilder goes) so has his sights set on where he was post suspension/comeback. Fighting bums ether side of the Atlantic to earn enough money and possibly get a chance at any vacated belts AJ drops due to scheduling/Boxing board decisions)

It's not a bad thing. It's just his level

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59469 on: February 18, 2019, 01:22:19 pm »
I personally would've had AJ fight Ortiz but then again i don't want a pensioner getting beaten up.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #59470 on: February 18, 2019, 01:23:51 pm »
It smacks of a guy that has been told an AJ fight just isn't on the cards (regardless of how any potential rematch with Wilder goes) so has his sights set on where he was post suspension/comeback. Fighting bums ether side of the Atlantic to earn enough money and possibly get a chance at any vacated belts AJ drops due to scheduling/Boxing board decisions)

It's not a bad thing. It's just his level

AJ is in the position that unless the other guy has the other belt he has to fight mandatories. He can't take a voluntary on like he'd have to with Fury otherwise he'd drop belts so it makes sense that Fury has to work his way up again

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59471 on: February 18, 2019, 01:36:57 pm »
Urgh. Any combination of Fury, Wilder and Joshua is now much harder to make.

No unification fights in the near future,how many fights are the Aj and Wilder contracts for ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Djimothy

• Kopite
« Reply #59472 on: February 18, 2019, 02:02:04 pm »
Not sure how this deal makes sense for ESPN unless he's fighting against the very best as his fights aren't exactly the most exciting for the most part.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59473 on: February 18, 2019, 03:21:53 pm »
Not sure how this deal makes sense for ESPN unless he's fighting against the very best as his fights aren't exactly the most exciting for the most part.

He can sell them though, that's what matters.

Floyd didn't exactly have a crowd pleasing style but he was box office.

No unification fights in the near future,how many fights are the Aj and Wilder contracts for ?

Eddie Hearn owns AJ's soul for life I think. I'm not actually sure if Wilder is exclusive to Showtime though.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59474 on: February 18, 2019, 03:42:57 pm »
He can sell them though, that's what matters.

Floyd didn't exactly have a crowd pleasing style but he was box office.

Eddie Hearn owns AJ's soul for life I think. I'm not actually sure if Wilder is exclusive to Showtime though.

I should've been more specific,was talking about their TV deals,Aj is on Dazn in the US & Wilder is on an exclusive Showtime deal isn't he ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59475 on: February 18, 2019, 04:28:33 pm »

I should've been more specific,was talking about their TV deals,Aj is on Dazn in the US & Wilder is on an exclusive Showtime deal isn't he ?

Yeah, Joshua is on DAZN and Sky, and I think he'll stay with Matchroom for the forseeable so will be with the same networks as long as Hearn is.

I'm not actually sure about Wilder, his last fight was on Showtime but I'm not sure if they have a deal or if it was a fight by fight thing.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #59476 on: February 18, 2019, 09:07:57 pm »
It is believed that Wilder stands to earn $14 million (£10.94m) for the December 1 showdown while Fury is expected to pocket $10m (£7.82m).

The above is what they earned in the first fight. No way their earnings double in a second fight.

Looks like Fury's earnings more than doubled

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #59477 on: February 18, 2019, 10:24:11 pm »
I was meant to go to the Frank Warren card this weekend in Leicester. Postponed to the 23rd March when I'll be away in Ireland  ::)

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59478 on: February 19, 2019, 09:07:48 am »
I was meant to go to the Frank Warren card this weekend in Leicester. Postponed to the 23rd March when I'll be away in Ireland  ::)

Come on mate, never buy tickets for a Frank Warren card. You're asking for trouble.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59479 on: February 19, 2019, 03:19:26 pm »
I see Eubank Sr is banging the drum about his son being a worthy successor to Floyd Mayweather. Give it up old man, your son is a European level fighter at best.