Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4121033 times)

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #59360 on: January 20, 2019, 06:22:14 am »
Broner is lloking lkike a high level Kevin Johnson. All mouth no action. Pacman pissing this fight but Broner can do something if he ups workrate

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59361 on: January 20, 2019, 06:35:00 am »
No urgency or pressure at all from Broner. Pacman has this easily.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59362 on: January 20, 2019, 06:39:36 am »
Pacman walked that.
Anyone see the cut on badou jack btw??😳

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59363 on: January 20, 2019, 06:44:12 am »
the state of Broner here...

Pacman walked that.
Anyone see the cut on badou jack btw??😳

that was brutal cut. Jack was a soldier to continue but the ref really should have stopped the fight 2 rounds earlier. Jack was never going to win.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59364 on: January 20, 2019, 09:46:03 am »
The cut goes any deeper and we'd have seen Jack's skull, not good.

Broner is such a fucking idiot, anyone see his post fight interview? Utter bellend, guy tries too hard to be like a rapper. Great performance from Pacquiao but, it's only Broner. I don't think he'd do that well against Spence or Crawford.

Oh and I sincerely hope Pacquiao v Mayweather 2 doesn't happen. No interest in that whatsoever.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 10:07:36 am by King.Keita »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59365 on: January 20, 2019, 05:22:46 pm »
Broner is such a fucking idiot, anyone see his post fight interview? Utter bellend, guy tries too hard to be like a rapper. Great performance from Pacquiao but, it's only Broner. I don't think he'd do that well against Spence or Crawford.

He was the real deal at 135 but ever since he moved up he's been a waste of space. Even Paulie beat him for me.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59366 on: January 20, 2019, 08:59:14 pm »
Anyone staying up to watch the pac - Broner fight? 
This Ruiz - Guevara has been awful thus far. Ruiz winning every round snooze fest.
Highlights of this fight are on ITV4 UK at 11.20.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #59367 on: January 20, 2019, 09:07:52 pm »
I thought Manny Pacquiao was good money for the win and that Broner only won the 4th round.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59368 on: January 22, 2019, 01:18:29 pm »
Fuck it, it's Samie  ;D

I'm okay with Miller since Fury and Wilder are off the table. Only other semi-decent options would be granddad Ortiz or Pulev.

I ain't fighting him till he ups his kebab intake.  ;D 8)

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59369 on: January 22, 2019, 03:36:52 pm »
I ain't fighting him till he ups his kebab intake.  ;D 8)

To be fair mate I think your Maltese belt is slightly more prestigious than the IBO, I'd hold out for 60/40...

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59370 on: January 22, 2019, 04:07:08 pm »
Who do we think AJ will fight next?

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #59371 on: January 22, 2019, 06:37:43 pm »
Who do we think AJ will fight next?

I thought Whyte but Miller looking the likeliest now

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59372 on: January 22, 2019, 07:01:32 pm »
I thought Whyte but Miller looking the likeliest now

Is Whyte still under Matchroom. Eddie talks about him like he isn't part of Matchroom now.

Plus again it would seem he can't make a fight happen with fighters  that are under him.

Yeah, I agree with you. Seems it will be Miller.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 11:07:50 pm by Fordy »

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #59373 on: January 22, 2019, 07:51:05 pm »
Don't know about Whyte's contract but Hearn's got a bit of a problem with AJ now. Since Fury v Wilder he's no longer the only show in town so a fight in the States with Miller makes financial sense. Might be interesting for a few rounds?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59374 on: January 22, 2019, 08:46:49 pm »
I think Joshua fights Miller next, apparently Whyte has got a fight to fight deal with Eddie Hearn.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59375 on: January 23, 2019, 07:34:33 am »
Yeah all signs point to him fighting Miller in the US. Seems like Fury and Wilder are going to be tied up for a while., and Whyte doesn't seem to want it.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59376 on: January 23, 2019, 11:46:19 am »
Yeah all signs point to him fighting Miller in the US. Seems like Fury and Wilder are going to be tied up for a while., and Whyte doesn't seem to want it.

I'm not sure about Whyte not wanting it, I think AJ & Eddie Hearn have offered Whyte the fight with a small purse in the hope he says no and they have an excuse for going to the States and fighting Miller.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59377 on: January 23, 2019, 11:50:20 am »
I'm not sure about Whyte not wanting it, I think AJ & Eddie Hearn have offered Whyte the fight with a small purse in the hope he says no and they have an excuse for going to the States and fighting Miller.

That's what I think.

Talk is that Joshua isn't even known in America that much and Fury is now a star over there.

Don't think Whyte will be under Hearn for much longer and the offer made to him would of been small knowing that a) Wembley won't be sold out b) Joshua hasn't broken America yet.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59378 on: January 23, 2019, 12:00:18 pm »

Possibly, or maybe they just think that Whyte will be mandatory soon enough and it makes sense to kill two birds with one stone in September.  Fury and Wilder will probably keep each other busy for the rest of the year.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59379 on: January 23, 2019, 02:41:33 pm »
That's what I think.

Talk is that Joshua isn't even known in America that much and Fury is now a star over there.

Don't think Whyte will be under Hearn for much longer and the offer made to him would of been small knowing that a) Wembley won't be sold out b) Joshua hasn't broken America yet.

Fury is a bigger name than Joshua in the US having fought there no doubt about it.

Possibly, or maybe they just think that Whyte will be mandatory soon enough and it makes sense to kill two birds with one stone in September.  Fury and Wilder will probably keep each other busy for the rest of the year.

I think the window to unify the titles is decreasing all the time, there's also talk that the WBO will mandate Usyk if he moves up.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59380 on: January 23, 2019, 03:14:41 pm »
Fury is a bigger name than Joshua in the US having fought there no doubt about it.

I think the window to unify the titles is decreasing all the time, there's also talk that the WBO will mandate Usyk if he moves up.

Yeah most of the orgs will make a champion an immediate mandatory if he steps up to the next weight, and Usyk has all 4, so he has the option to go straight in with AJ or the winner of Fury v Wilder if he wants.

I'd take a couple of Latvians first if I were him though.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #59381 on: January 23, 2019, 04:58:05 pm »
Yeah most of the orgs will make a champion an immediate mandatory if he steps up to the next weight, and Usyk has all 4, so he has the option to go straight in with AJ or the winner of Fury v Wilder if he wants.

I'd take a couple of Latvians first if I were him though.
Not sure about that; the last Latvian he fought gave him hell  8)

He would be much better off fighting a solid contender. Someone like Breazeale. At least he knows if he has issues with fringe level HWs, he has no business getting in the ring with the contenders. Above all, he needs to fight someone who is about 6ft 6in and outweighs him. He needs to know what he is up against size wise. No sense fighting a Dave Allen type small and stocky heavyweight.

Breazeale, Pulev, or Parker are all the kinds of fight he needs.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #59382 on: January 28, 2019, 11:42:15 am »
George Groves has announced he's retiring from boxing

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59383 on: January 28, 2019, 03:06:52 pm »
Should've retired in front of 80k at Wembley. 

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59384 on: January 28, 2019, 05:47:42 pm »
Should've retired in front of 80k at Wembley.
Heard he got knocked out by some guy named Carl, not 100% sure though

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59385 on: January 28, 2019, 08:46:56 pm »
Heard he got knocked out by some guy named Carl, not 100% sure though
and Carl has just been owned again by Andre Ward

https://twitter.com/andreward/status/1089975008183562240?s=21

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59386 on: January 28, 2019, 09:09:54 pm »
Groves really got into Froch's head for some reason. He knocked him out twice (kind of) so never really got why he couldn't move on.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59387 on: January 28, 2019, 09:31:17 pm »
He hates Khan as well and has arrogance to spare, a massive bellend he is. Never liked him and I loved it when Ward gave him a boxing lesson.

Offline djibril

• wishes he had chosen a better username
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #59388 on: January 29, 2019, 01:02:41 pm »
George Groves is a strange one.  I loved him coming through, was pulling for him big style v DeGale, but was a big fan of Froch too around the time they met and lost a bit of respect for Groves because he was very disrespectful of Froch's achievements - it seemed to be after that that Froch became a bit arrogant and almost overplaying himself.  Groves whining about the stoppage in the first fight didn't sit well with me either.  Grew to like him again thereafter and was glad he won a world title in the end, but again the glad when Callum Smith took it from him.

Think Froch gets most of the hate from their meeting but Groves was as bad.
"If we want no criticism then we must work harder to ensure we don't deserve it" - Rafael Benitez

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59389 on: January 29, 2019, 02:24:22 pm »
George Groves is a strange one.  I loved him coming through, was pulling for him big style v DeGale, but was a big fan of Froch too around the time they met and lost a bit of respect for Groves because he was very disrespectful of Froch's achievements - it seemed to be after that that Froch became a bit arrogant and almost overplaying himself.  Groves whining about the stoppage in the first fight didn't sit well with me either.  Grew to like him again thereafter and was glad he won a world title in the end, but again the glad when Callum Smith took it from him.

Think Froch gets most of the hate from their meeting but Groves was as bad.

That pretty much mirrors my thoughts on George Groves.

I suspect Sky told Carl Froch to turn it in yesterday. I quite enjoyed the spat with Andre Ward.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59390 on: January 29, 2019, 02:42:57 pm »
Froch's comments said it all. 'You were boring, nah nah nah nah' basically. He beat him comfortably in reality and he took his soul because for the rest of his career he didn't want that heat

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59391 on: January 29, 2019, 05:07:31 pm »
That pretty much mirrors my thoughts on George Groves.

I suspect Sky told Carl Froch to turn it in yesterday. I quite enjoyed the spat with Andre Ward.
i do like how it grates Froch that regardless of the wembley fight he knows deep down that ward schooled him and he has no comeback

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59392 on: February 1, 2019, 11:28:50 pm »
Apparently AJ has agreed terms to fight Miller at Madison Square Garden on 1 or 8 June.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #59393 on: February 2, 2019, 08:12:15 am »
Apparently AJ has agreed terms to fight Miller at Madison Square Garden on 1 or 8 June.

Are they spewing the Wembley date then?

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59394 on: February 2, 2019, 08:55:05 am »
It seems so. Dillyan is an idiot for swerving £5m. 11 week camp is plenty notice. Near enough 3 months. He isn't exceptinally good and his luck will run out soon enough (should have a chisora loss) so he might come to regret that.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59395 on: February 2, 2019, 12:52:26 pm »

Probably the best realistic option. Feels like AJ is treading water for 2019 though.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59396 on: February 2, 2019, 05:30:17 pm »
Dillian might still get a chance to face him, but doubt the public wants to see that. I wouldn't mind, would be a good scrap once again and we get to see Whyte kissing the canvas.

AJ v Miller makes sense, no better fight for his introduction to the US. A bozo with a mouth bigger than the Grand Canyon, a bit of verbal jousting and some pulling and pushing at the weigh ins should bring the American public in like flies to shit.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59397 on: February 2, 2019, 05:31:21 pm »
Probably the best realistic option. Feels like AJ is treading water for 2019 though.
A fight with Miller should give him a bit of a name in the US since it will be promoted like hell. Miller is the perfect foil with his big mouth and brash personality and you know how casuals (on both sides of the water) lap up that nonsense. Miller throws a fair few punches for such a big guy but Joshua will smash him up and probably look very good in the process.

Hype + aggro in the build up + decent to exciting fight + brutal KO for AJ = Kerching!!!

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59398 on: February 2, 2019, 07:12:29 pm »
I think Joshua has seen how popular Fury is in the States and that reaction he got at the Whyte-Chisora fight. Originally it looked like a good plan to get the 13 April date booked at Wembley but other fighters are playing hardball in the negotiations and his team have used the option to raise AJ's profile in the US. The more time that elapses, the more difficult it will be for Joshua to keep all 3 governing bodies happy though.

One thing I will say is regardless of how much Joshua was paid to fight Charles Martin, the latter was a paper champion and was bought over to sell his title. Neither Fury, Whyte or Wilder's chances are similar if they fight AJ, so I don't see why Eddie Hearn keeps using that analogy.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59399 on: February 2, 2019, 11:33:40 pm »
I think Joshua has seen how popular Fury is in the States and that reaction he got at the Whyte-Chisora fight. Originally it looked like a good plan to get the 13 April date booked at Wembley but other fighters are playing hardball in the negotiations and his team have used the option to raise AJ's profile in the US. The more time that elapses, the more difficult it will be for Joshua to keep all 3 governing bodies happy though.

One thing I will say is regardless of how much Joshua was paid to fight Charles Martin, the latter was a paper champion and was bought over to sell his title. Neither Fury, Whyte or Wilder's chances are similar if they fight AJ, so I don't see why Eddie Hearn keeps using that analogy.
It was the most dismal 'defence' by a HW champion that I can remember since Seldon decided he didnt want to get battered by a past prime Tyson.

Kovalev vs Alvarez rematch tonight. It could be the end for the 'Krusher' if he gets taken out again. History tells us it is likely.