Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4121273 times)

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #59240 on: January 1, 2019, 09:09:32 pm »
An exhibition it most certainly wasn't, it was just a quick money grab by Mayweather. A proper exhibition would be to allow Tenshin to use kicks and wear MMA gloves, that would've made it worth watching and competitive. But Floyd doesn't do competitive. Now there's talk of him wanting Khabib in a boxing match. Old man needs to piss off once and for all, sick of the guy at this point.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #59241 on: January 1, 2019, 09:23:16 pm »

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #59242 on: January 2, 2019, 02:18:43 am »

Fixed as fuck

No it wasn’t, if it was fixed they would have had their superstar look a little bit credible atleast , not an utter joke.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #59243 on: January 2, 2019, 08:17:35 am »
More fool anybody that keeps forking out for these Mayweather swan songs. He’s made a very good living out of boxing. Meanwhile his protege the 24 year old Gervonta Davis has fought twice in 18 months.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #59244 on: January 3, 2019, 02:19:52 pm »
James Degale v Chris Eubank Jr confirmed for February 23rd

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59245 on: January 3, 2019, 02:25:05 pm »
James Degale v Chris Eubank Jr confirmed for February 23rd

On PPV for some reason.  Cash out fight for DeGale, one of the most disappointing fighters of recent years.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59246 on: January 3, 2019, 02:43:19 pm »
On PPV for some reason.  Cash out fight for DeGale, one of the most disappointing fighters of recent years.

PPV is laughable. Hope it falls flat on it's arse.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #59247 on: January 3, 2019, 03:11:19 pm »
I thought he would become a real top-notch fighter. I know he is a world champion etc. but his career CV isn't too impressive. I can see Eubank 'winning' a controversial decision.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59248 on: January 3, 2019, 06:11:37 pm »
We'll be saying the same thing about Eubank Jr in a couple years time.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59249 on: January 4, 2019, 09:54:45 pm »
Looks like Khan's latest beating will be by Crawford in April
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59250 on: January 4, 2019, 10:29:17 pm »
That's actually a more difficult challenge than Kell Brook so fair play. But then again, he's not known to be the sharpest tool in the shed and unfortunately for him, he's bound to get stopped. Crawford is a different level.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59251 on: January 4, 2019, 11:30:19 pm »
Looks like Khan's latest beating will be by Crawford in April

Khan bottling the Brook fight again then.

Crawford fight is less money and less appealing plus he will get smashed in yet again.

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59252 on: January 5, 2019, 12:05:35 am »
If he does fight Crawford I hope that’s the end of the Khan-Brook will they/won’t they saga. Can’t be arsed with it anymore.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #59253 on: January 5, 2019, 12:20:02 am »
Khan bottling the Brook fight again then.

Crawford fight is less money and less appealing plus he will get smashed in yet again.

Yep

He’s bottled it by fighting someone better
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59254 on: January 5, 2019, 01:29:30 am »
We'll be saying the same thing about Eubank Jr in a couple years time.
Not for me there was never anything to get excited about in the first place. British/European level fighter at best.
« Last Edit: January 5, 2019, 01:33:39 am by dakid »

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59255 on: January 5, 2019, 01:40:12 am »
Yep

He’s bottled it by fighting someone better
I agree he has by fighting someone everyone knows will beat him including himself. He has nothing to lose as Crawford is on a different level. It means nothing to him or anyone else. But if he loses to Brook a fighter who is viewed is a less favourable light then his legacy drops down another notch and his pride dented.

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59256 on: January 5, 2019, 02:27:53 pm »
I have a theory that Khan is just trolling Fordy at this point. 

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59257 on: January 5, 2019, 02:38:49 pm »
I agree he has by fighting someone everyone knows will beat him including himself. He has nothing to lose as Crawford is on a different level. It means nothing to him or anyone else. But if he loses to Brook a fighter who is viewed is a less favourable light then his legacy drops down another notch and his pride dented.

What legacy?

His legacy is exactly the same as Brooks legacy. Quite good boxer, very talented youngster who never lived up to the hype, wasted much of his career waiting for other fights. He probably is trolling at this point but honestly, running scared of Brook when he’s fought guys like Canelo and Garcia? Nah.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #59258 on: January 5, 2019, 05:58:04 pm »
People talked for years about the Frampton/Quigg fight and when it did happen it was shit. Not bothered about Khan/Brook happening and don't think you can question Amir's bottle.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59259 on: January 6, 2019, 10:41:22 am »
People talked for years about the Frampton/Quigg fight and when it did happen it was shit. Not bothered about Khan/Brook happening and don't think you can question Amir's bottle.

Agreed on Khan, I have always said he will fight anyone, this is all about the other nonsense such as weight, money, A side etc

It will get made or both of them have huge asterix’ on their careers

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59260 on: January 6, 2019, 07:18:07 pm »

What legacy?

His legacy is exactly the same as Brooks legacy. Quite good boxer, very talented youngster who never lived up to the hype, wasted much of his career waiting for other fights. He probably is trolling at this point but honestly, running scared of Brook when he’s fought guys like Canelo and Garcia? Nah.
I never said he was scared of Brook.

It's like us playing United in a CL final or Juventus. It hurts to lose both bit it hurts and means so much more to lose to United your local rival. You would prefer not to meet United  in the final but your not running scared of meeting them. I think he is bottling facing Brook but not afraid of him either just the outcome were he to lose.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #59261 on: January 6, 2019, 07:57:39 pm »
I never said he was scared of Brook.

It's like us playing United in a CL final or Juventus. It hurts to lose both bit it hurts and means so much more to lose to United your local rival. You would prefer not to meet United  in the final but your not running scared of meeting them. I think he is bottling facing Brook but not afraid of him either just the outcome were he to lose.

It's the same thing. He's not afraid of getting hurt, he's afraid of losing. Either way, Eddie Hearn will have a job selling this when Khan gets whacked off Crawford

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59262 on: January 6, 2019, 08:58:10 pm »
It's the same thing. He's not afraid of getting hurt, he's afraid of losing. Either way, Eddie Hearn will have a job selling this when Khan gets whacked off Crawford

If Khan fights Crawford then the Brook fight isn't happening.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #59263 on: January 6, 2019, 09:09:16 pm »
If Khan fights Crawford then the Brook fight isn't happening.

Dont underestimate Hearn mate, he sold Bellew v Haye twice on PPV

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59264 on: January 6, 2019, 09:41:55 pm »
Dont underestimate Hearn mate, he sold Bellew v Haye twice on PPV

He's said if he Brook V Khan doesn't happen next then it won't happen.

Khan is only under matchroom for 1 more fight and Hearn has said he isn't getting involved in Crawford talks as he wants him to fight Brook.

If it can't happen when they're both under matchroom then it won't happen.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2019, 09:44:52 pm by Fordy »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59265 on: January 7, 2019, 01:49:37 pm »
Hello lads same shite as always?  :D :wave

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59266 on: January 8, 2019, 09:39:09 am »
Hello lads same shite as always?  :D :wave

Hello mate. Hope you got the chance to defend that Maltese title outside various kebab shops over the NY period.

Yes, same shite. Brook v Khan not happening, Joshua and Wilder arguing over percentages, pointless domestic fights on PPV, welcome back to 2015.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59267 on: January 8, 2019, 11:17:33 am »
It’s bubbling away, we’ll get some big fights this year for sure. Degale vs Eubank on PPV os a disgrace though, I appreciate fighters put it on the line but the promoters can fuck off with their £10-15 charge for watching an all British, non-World title fight. Plus BT are doing a handful of PPV events this year for the UFC, so it’s coming from everywhere now.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59268 on: January 8, 2019, 01:45:09 pm »
AJ fights on the 13th April which is around the same time of year he fought Klitschko. Tickets went on sale for that fight on December 20th the year before and there was obviously build up/marketing before that. Does anyone think he's cutting it fine with regards to his next fight? It's looking more and more like Whyte will be the opponent unless they are quietly negotiating with Wilders team.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59269 on: January 9, 2019, 08:53:39 am »
AJ fights on the 13th April which is around the same time of year he fought Klitschko. Tickets went on sale for that fight on December 20th the year before and there was obviously build up/marketing before that. Does anyone think he's cutting it fine with regards to his next fight? It's looking more and more like Whyte will be the opponent unless they are quietly negotiating with Wilders team.

Is the Fury v Wilder rematch happening or likely to happen?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59270 on: January 9, 2019, 12:19:01 pm »

No doubt they are trying to get Wilder but Wilder will not take that fight.

He's said if he Brook V Khan doesn't happen next then it won't happen.

Khan is only under matchroom for 1 more fight and Hearn has said he isn't getting involved in Crawford talks as he wants him to fight Brook.

If it can't happen when they're both under matchroom then it won't happen.

I'm not sure if Khan vs Crawford counts as the final fight under his matchroom deal.  WBN when reporting the Crawford fight last week says it doesn't and Khan will still have 1 fight left for Matchroom after the crawford fight.

Personally I dont think it matters as Khan will get knocked out vs Crawford and I dont see a Brook fight happening after that  Brook should actually move on, get out of the 147 division and now plan 2019 around fighting at 154. 

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59271 on: January 9, 2019, 12:22:19 pm »
Crawford is a top 3 P4P fighter with a world title. I don't blame Khan for taking the fight one bit.
cyas

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59272 on: January 9, 2019, 01:44:12 pm »
For the life of me I don't get why Brook and Fordy keep begging it from Khan for the fight? It don't seem to be happening and hasn't for a while so why not move on? Is there no better fights out there to be had?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59273 on: January 9, 2019, 01:45:23 pm »
He’s a coward if he ducks Crawford to take the easier Brook fight

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59274 on: January 9, 2019, 01:51:09 pm »
For the life of me I don't get why Brook and Fordy keep begging it from Khan for the fight? It don't seem to be happening and hasn't for a while so why not move on? Is there no better fights out there to be had?

Brook is a Khan Stan. Can't work out if Fordy is a Brook Stan or Khan hater but I lean more to the latter
« Last Edit: January 9, 2019, 01:53:20 pm by Clayton Bigsby »

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59275 on: January 9, 2019, 06:18:33 pm »
Not arsed about Brook/Khan, two fighters well past their best. They both looked dreadful last time out as well.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59276 on: January 9, 2019, 06:30:42 pm »
He’s a coward if he ducks Crawford to take the easier Brook fight

Hold on, isn't he a coward for ducking Brook to take the harder Crawford fight?  :P
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59277 on: January 9, 2019, 07:57:15 pm »
Liam Smith joins Matchroom.  Plan B for Brook?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59278 on: January 9, 2019, 08:21:09 pm »
Khan got dropped by journeyman Vargas, imagine what Crawford will do to him. I can't wait to see Crawford v Spence, if he gets past Garcia who is actually looking beefed up now!

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59279 on: January 9, 2019, 09:13:21 pm »
Hold on, isn't he a coward for ducking Brook to take the harder Crawford fight?  :P

No boxer that ever laces them up is a coward full stop