Author Topic: Miserable Liverpool fans  (Read 6127 times)

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Miserable Liverpool fans
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2022, 11:58:52 am »
and there's very little we could do about that.
All of those dropped points / points gained by City were contributed to by the most incredible luck we've seen for them - literally inches on the goal line, worldie kicks from 30 yards out (aeroplane head), inexplicable handballs not awarded, etc.
There is literally nothing you can do about that.

It's genuinely not reasonable to expect a perfect winning record in any sport.
Yes we can’t do anything about it, but when you’ve been denied by outright, blatant cheating, it is hard to take.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2022, 04:40:08 pm »
Deserves pinning this.
What a privilege to be surrounded by people like yourself able to express a zeitgeist in a most erudite manner.

Thank you
(Don't be shocked if a google search turns up your words in other places  ;D )
Ha ha! Feel free.

Thanks for the kind comments from yourself and others.

To be honest, when I read it back later it felt like a disjointed mess. But then I remembered that modern life and modern football are a disjointed mess too, so it kind of fits.

It's beyond bizarre how we've all sleepwalked into the wider and football worlds we currently inhabit. Who'd have ever predicted Trump, De Pfeffel Johnson etc actual holding office? Who'd have thought our game would become a political chess board for sportswashing nation states? Who'd have thought that the likes of Gary Neville would actually be taken seriously?  It's like an alternative universe, yet here we are.  :rollseyes

I'm genuinely grateful to Jürgen Klopp and LFC. Shining beacons of authenticity in a sea of fakery and illusion.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2022, 04:44:52 pm »
Ha ha! Feel free.

Thanks for the kind comments from yourself and others.

To be honest, when I read it back later it felt like a disjointed mess. But then I remembered that modern life and modern football are a disjointed mess too, so it kind of fits.

It's beyond bizarre how we've all sleepwalked into the wider and football worlds we currently inhabit. Who'd have ever predicted Trump, De Pfeffel Johnson etc actual holding office? Who'd have thought our game would become a political chess board for sportswashing nation states? Who'd have thought that the likes of Gary Neville would actually be taken seriously?  It's like an alternative universe, yet here we are.  :rollseyes

I'm genuinely grateful to Jürgen Klopp and LFC. Shining beacons of authenticity in a sea of fakery and illusion.
What happens when he goes tho? The last shred of competitiveness in English top flight football will very well go with him.

Online LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2022, 04:51:57 pm »
What happens when he goes tho? The last shred of competitiveness in English top flight football will very well go with him.
Oh the irony that this appeared in the miserable Liverpool fans thread  ;D
There's some footage knocking around of the day Bill Shankly retired. While I avoided the TV cameras that day, the expressions on those faces mirrored my own. I couldn't imagine what life would be like at Anfield without the great man. If I'd known what was to come next, I might have been a bit more chilled!
There's truly no point worrying about it. Let's enjoy him while we can and who knows, perhaps Pep Lijnders will step up to the mark and eclipse what went before.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2022, 05:05:00 pm »
That may well be so, but I'm very much hopeful that Klopp is laying foundations that are not just maintained, but built upon further.

As Rita mentioned, I also well remember the day we lost Bill Shankly. I, and pretty much everyone I knew were devastated.

As I said in an earlier post; when you attain something really good, you naturally fear losing it. I think that's where most Reds are currently. It's natural. It only becomes a problem if we let it get in the way of enjoying the moment we currently have. I was lucky enough to have seen all our 70s and 80s magnificence, and what we have today is the best we've had since then. We really do need to grasp it, enjoy it and squeeze every last drop of joy out of it.

The future will arrive soon enough. We all have one eye on it too. All we can do as fans is hope that the club itself is preparing for it so as never to be left behind again. In the meantime, fully experience the present.  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2022, 05:15:20 pm »
I grew up in an era where Liverpool were shit. Liverpool current Liverpool should be celebrated. When Liverpool had that horrible run a couple of seasons ago it was like slipping into a warm bath. I'm constantly looking over my shoulder in anticipation of Liverpool being shite again so enjoy the good times while they last.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2022, 05:40:41 pm »
Oh the irony that this appeared in the miserable Liverpool fans thread  ;D
There's some footage knocking around of the day Bill Shankly retired. While I avoided the TV cameras that day, the expressions on those faces mirrored my own. I couldn't imagine what life would be like at Anfield without the great man. If I'd known what was to come next, I might have been a bit more chilled!
There's truly no point worrying about it. Let's enjoy him while we can and who knows, perhaps Pep Lijnders will step up to the mark and eclipse what went before.

I was at the Charity Shield in 1974 when Bob led the team out for the first time and, understandably,there were some concern about Shankly leaving.

But, as you say, who knew what was coming down the track.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2022, 06:15:55 pm »
What you are not taking into account is that unlike Shankly’s days, we now have despotic nation states owning clubs. It is only Klopp’s genius that’s kept any semblance of competitiveness in the English top flight. So that is what my point was referring too. Yes I know Klopp has a team around him but there is no guarantee they will keep up to the same standard.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2022, 06:36:01 pm »
What you are not taking into account is that unlike Shankly’s days, we now have despotic nation states owning clubs. It is only Klopp’s genius that’s kept any semblance of competitiveness in the English top flight. So that is what my point was referring too. Yes I know Klopp has a team around him but there is no guarantee they will keep up to the same standard.

It's a fair point too. The fear is always there.

Sometimes, I think people can be happier when they have very little. This, I think, is because when you have nothing, you still have aspirations, but you have nothing to lose.

Build something though, and you suddenly have much to lose and much anxiety and fear about the fact.

Look at how happier the old Man City fans used to be. Today's Abu Dhabi followers have to be the most miserable bunch of whingers and whiners in English football. That's with unlimited funds to buy themselves out of trouble too.

I think the reality is that English league football is dead as a competitive sport if you take Liverpool out of the equation. You are spot on there. Could we still take the fight to the cheats after Klopp? Who knows, but it's a tall order for any legitimate football club. All we, as fans, can do is enjoy the moment and hope for the best.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2022, 06:46:38 pm »
It's a fair point too. The fear is always there.

Sometimes, I think people can be happier when they have very little. This, I think, is because when you have nothing, you still have aspirations, but you have nothing to lose.

Build something though, and you suddenly have much to lose and much anxiety and fear about the fact.

Look at how happier the old Man City fans used to be. Today's Abu Dhabi followers have to be the most miserable bunch of whingers and whiners in English football. That's with unlimited funds to buy themselves out of trouble too.

I think the reality is that English league football is dead as a competitive sport if you take Liverpool out of the equation. You are spot on there. Could we still take the fight to the cheats after Klopp? Who knows, but it's a tall order for any legitimate football club. All we, as fans, can do is enjoy the moment and hope for the best.
You are right of course. However , the question is valid. What happens to the PL if/when Liverpool fall back to the pack. I’ve said recently that no matter how rich an individual/company is, they cannot compete with a sovereign state. So it’s prob not long until state owned teams take everything everytime. Yes people will say I’m a ‘miserable Liverpool fan’ but I’m just thinking of the big picture and what is going to happen to the game.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2022, 06:58:26 pm »
You are right of course. However , the question is valid. What happens to the PL if/when Liverpool fall back to the pack. I’ve said recently that no matter how rich an individual/company is, they cannot compete with a sovereign state. So it’s prob not long until state owned teams take everything everytime. Yes people will say I’m a ‘miserable Liverpool fan’ but I’m just thinking of the big picture and what is going to happen to the game.
I wouldn't say you are being miserable. I think it's only being miserable when the fear of us declining stops you enjoying the present moment, where we are exceptional.

What happens to the PL? Well I think they'll still have their charade to hype to death. We've got Abu Dhabi now but, with time, the Saudis will be up there slugging it out with them. The likes of Gary Neville and his sky buddies will be hyping it up as the greatest show on earth.

I don't think they'll get to a point where they win everything, everytime though. Simply because at the end of the day the teams are still human beings and mistakes will always be made. The sportswashers should win the league every season given their unlimited resources, but cups are less predictable.

I definitely understand what you are saying. I'm only still remotely interested in the sport at all because of Klopp and the Liverpool he has built. If we were sold to a despotic nation I'd be out. We have something authentic that deserves unwavering support. I'm just going to enjoy the ride for as far as it goes.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2022, 08:08:05 pm »
I wouldn't say you are being miserable. I think it's only being miserable when the fear of us declining stops you enjoying the present moment, where we are exceptional.

What happens to the PL? Well I think they'll still have their charade to hype to death. We've got Abu Dhabi now but, with time, the Saudis will be up there slugging it out with them. The likes of Gary Neville and his sky buddies will be hyping it up as the greatest show on earth.

I don't think they'll get to a point where they win everything, everytime though. Simply because at the end of the day the teams are still human beings and mistakes will always be made. The sportswashers should win the league every season given their unlimited resources, but cups are less predictable.

I definitely understand what you are saying. I'm only still remotely interested in the sport at all because of Klopp and the Liverpool he has built. If we were sold to a despotic nation I'd be out. We have something authentic that deserves unwavering support. I'm just going to enjoy the ride for as far as it goes.

The problem is - how do we compete without major investment? We compete now because of Klopp and his coaching staff primarily. At some stage we're going to have to start spending 100 million minimum to keep up with City, probably Chelsea and United too and then in the future Newcastle, Spurs, who knows who else?

I don't see a way we compete without going for a ridiculously rich owner.

The only thing that could save it all is some sort of proper caps on spending but just won't happen IMO.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline ep1987

• Emiliano Insua head coach
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2022, 08:15:27 pm »
It's frustrating to come close without winning several times (2 PL and 2 CL).

Even more so when the losses have been to the same teams (City and Madrid).

Every dropped point in the league is very annoying because there's so little margin for error.

The team is excellent, so when we drop points it's almost always as favourites.

The sentiment of the OP is right though; we should enjoy this run while it lasts.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2022, 11:30:49 pm »
The problem is - how do we compete without major investment? We compete now because of Klopp and his coaching staff primarily. At some stage we're going to have to start spending 100 million minimum to keep up with City, probably Chelsea and United too and then in the future Newcastle, Spurs, who knows who else?

I don't see a way we compete without going for a ridiculously rich owner.

The only thing that could save it all is some sort of proper caps on spending but just won't happen IMO.
It's a good question, and I wish I had the answer.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2022, 02:56:26 pm »
Come on, you know who you are. Just enjoy following one the great teams of our lifetime, ups and downs and entirely unpredictable (unlike like those boring light blue bastards at the human rights stadium of shame)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Is it wrong to be so pissed off with whining Liverpool fans?
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2022, 09:02:46 am »
I like to think that we're 'better' than some other clubs I could mention.

I remember us in the 70s and 80s when we were awesome. Then I remember us being in the 90s and 00s and 10s when we were less awesome.

But we always had a laugh, we always backed the team and we always sang our heads off.

Now. Here we are. The most successful Liverpool team since the last 30 odd years and it seems that every day I have to put up with some absolute fucking blert of a whining fucking c*nt.

Going to the match today and we'll have a great time and I don't meet these arseholes at the pub or in the ground or on aways. What the fuck is their problem?

Why would you 'support' a team then spend your entire existence acting like an entitled little shit? Don't get it. Don't get why it winds me up so much either..?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: Is it wrong to be so pissed off with whining Liverpool fans?
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2022, 09:13:27 am »
The root of the problem is the whole social media circus

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2022, 12:29:52 pm »
It's just the way if the world these days. Unless things are going 100% in their favour, some people just cannot be happy.

I said in another thread, just look at Abu Dhabi's fanbase. Footballing paupers suddenly gifted unlimited resources to purchase off the peg 'success' yet they are some of the most miserable, whinging, whining, moaning gobshites you'd ever have the misfortune to meet.

Too many people forget football (and life) is more like a rollercoaster ride than a straight rocket ride to the stars. They want the highs, but refuse to tolerate and accept the lows that inevitably come along with the ride. The dips are then endlessly moaned about, despite being normal and part and parcel of the overall experience.

I agree with Howard too. The whole social media circus, added to the ridiculously sensationalist media, fuel this nonsense greatly.

It seems much of the western world is full of entitled, spoiled people who don't know how to enjoy anything anymore. They want to cream off the best bits and reject everything else, forgetting that life and football don't work like that.

I've always said that your misery resides in the gap between your expectations and your reality. In a world where people's expectations are often wildly unrealistic, they are always going to be unhappy with their reality. That leads to frustration, and that frustration leads to negative expression. You end up in a situation where some people want it all, and they want to acquire it with ease. When that doesn't materialise, the moaning begins.

It's the product of a messed up world.

It pisses me off too, but all we can do is let them wallow in their own misery while we get on with enjoying and living the full experience.

Edit:
I just want to add that I think there is a big difference between those genuinely discussing issues with the club/team as they arise, and those who just endlessly moan simply because things aren't going their/our way.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 12:49:29 pm by Son of Spion »

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2022, 12:51:38 pm »
The root of the problem is the whole social media circus

I'll have you know my entire online brand is built around this club's successes so when we lose I get trolled and I, personally, LOSE FACE and more importantly lose subscribers

^ that's the level of artifice I sense in a lot of the cry arsing. Exaggerated for effect but I bet it exists

The right thing to do is probably ignore it since we can't thrash it out of them. I dunno, you are what you are in the dark. I mainly dislike people who only seem to exist to complain, usually because their complaints are either 1) stupid or 2) already made / obvious. There are hordes of em

Any blert can applaud a YouTube video of a trophy lift. Life isn't all beer and Skittles. We lose to Man United and the idiots seethe or turn their backs. It could always, always get worse  :D

Support isn't cheap. Online it's free.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2022, 12:53:32 pm »

I remember us in the 70s and 80s when we were awesome. Then I remember us being in the 90s and 00s and 10s when we were less awesome.

But we always had a laugh, we always backed the team and we always sang our heads off.

Now. Here we are. The most successful Liverpool team since the last 30 odd years and it seems that every day I have to put up with some absolute fucking blert of a whining fucking c*nt.

Going to the match today and we'll have a great time and I don't meet these arseholes at the pub or in the ground or on aways. What the fuck is their problem?

Why would you 'support' a team then spend your entire existence acting like an entitled little shit? Don't get it. Don't get why it winds me up so much either..?

We used to be better but now we’re as bad as anyone. In fact we’re worse, given how lucky we are to have this manager and this team.

Just go into any football thread on here if we have a bad result, or even a bad half. It’s knobhead fucking central.

And then there’s the irony of several thousand pages on another part of the site devoted to slagging off city/United/Everton/Newcastle etc etc for being shit fans.

Proper hypocritical cringey fucking nonsense.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2022, 12:56:53 pm »

You do more whingeing about fans than the fans you are whingeing about whinge about what they are whingeing about.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2022, 01:05:17 pm »
You do more whingeing about fans than the fans you are whingeing about whinge about what they are whingeing about.

He's right here though

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2022, 01:09:22 pm »

What a crock of shit, football apart from winning and losing is about opinions about what we could do better, are you a communist for fucks sake and I’ve had a season ticket for well over 30 years and remember standing on the kop talking with other fans and putting the world right. Now you’ve got this far left who take absolutely every literal, and if people make even the smallest comment even on the lack of transfer activity, the self proclaimed super fans jump in with oh my god your not a real fan you can’t make a comment about us not signing anyone how dare you. Believe it or not people are still allowed opinions and can still when the whistle blows scream your head off for 90mins.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 01:15:45 pm by Redric1970 »

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2022, 01:09:47 pm »
Don’t go into half time and post match threads expecting level headed responses. We’re all so invested in this thing that we can’t help going overboard one way or another. I see those threads as spaces to vent.

There’s nothing wrong with whinging, especially when it’s done with the knowledge of the wider context. I can say that this is the greatest Liverpool side I’ve ever seen and I can also call a performance lazy and complacent. I can acknowledge that we have the greatest manager in the world and I can also recognise that he makes mistakes. I would say the same is true of most users on here.

Currently I view everything through the lens of Man City. I find that helps. Losing out on the league by one point to a club that has financially doped the game like no other? Truly, a second place finish to be proud of. The first few performances of this season? Forget our rivals, by any measure we have been embarrassing at times.

I still maintain our support is far better than other teams around us. I don’t count social media though and neither should anyone else. Why the fuck anyone has social media is beyond me but that’s another discussion.

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2022, 02:16:23 pm »
In the '80's I had a season ticket in the paddock. We played some of the best football I have ever seen. Yet a bloke behind me used to moan non-stop during the game. Even if we were 4-0 up he would berate any player that misplaced a pass. However, he was entitled to his opinion.

The only difference now is that there are more platforms for people to express their opinion.

Best not to let it get to you.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2022, 02:44:20 pm »
BURN THEM!

Offline wolves76

• Main Stander
« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2022, 02:45:31 pm »
In the '80's I had a season ticket in the paddock. We played some of the best football I have ever seen. Yet a bloke behind me used to moan non-stop during the game. Even if we were 4-0 up he would berate any player that misplaced a pass. However, he was entitled to his opinion.

The only difference now is that there are more platforms for people to express their opinion.

Best not to let it get to you.

Totally agree with this...well remember hearing Sammy Lee and Phil Neal get booed when they had possession of the ball in about 85 i think.  Its always existed from a minority and it always will.  I think in the early 90s the phone in shows seemed to highlight every grumpy complaining fan under the sun.  Social media just magnifies it to a new level.  Its always existed because every supporter of every team is completely unique. Their will always be a group of fans that feed off bad results and target players, managers and owners.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2022, 02:46:46 pm »
Pretty much the reason I binned off all social media about 22 months ago, not looked back. Feel so much better all round because of it too.

I was pretty close to binning this place off as well but I just carefully pick and choose what threads I go in now. I pop into the transfer thread to see if there’s any actual news every so often and regret it every time. You can get caught up in it as well and I made a dickhead post  in there myself last year some time because I was sick of the moaning. I very rarely come into this part of the forum too, only every so often to read the youth thread. I do also occasionally go into the half time thread if things aren’t going our way and I’m pissed off myself, because the whinging in there actually just makes me laugh and feel better about how pissed  off I feel.

Best to just try and ignore it as much as you can.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2022, 02:54:24 pm »
Support is the first part of Support(er);

What whinging about the team, online or social media, accomplishes. Someone's going to have to explain that to me.

The manager and players are rave about our "support". They wouldn't if we turned into a bunch of bitters like those across the park.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2022, 05:31:25 pm »
Support is the first part of Support(er);

What whinging about the team, online or social media, accomplishes. Someone's going to have to explain that to me.

The manager and players are rave about our "support". They wouldn't if we turned into a bunch of bitters like those across the park.

you do realise that you are whinging in a social media forum?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2022, 10:51:50 am »
What a crock of shit, football apart from winning and losing is about opinions about what we could do better, are you a communist for fucks sake and I’ve had a season ticket for well over 30 years and remember standing on the kop talking with other fans and putting the world right. Now you’ve got this far left who take absolutely every literal, and if people make even the smallest comment even on the lack of transfer activity, the self proclaimed super fans jump in with oh my god your not a real fan you can’t make a comment about us not signing anyone how dare you. Believe it or not people are still allowed opinions and can still when the whistle blows scream your head off for 90mins.

I've had a season ticket for over 30 years as well

EDIT:

Arf. Super fan. That's you isn't it? Keep crying kid.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 10:56:09 am by Andy @ Allerton! »

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2022, 11:28:45 am »
Pretty much the reason I binned off all social media about 22 months ago, not looked back. Feel so much better all round because of it too.

I was pretty close to binning this place off as well but I just carefully pick and choose what threads I go in now. I pop into the transfer thread to see if there’s any actual news every so often and regret it every time. You can get caught up in it as well and I made a dickhead post  in there myself last year some time because I was sick of the moaning. I very rarely come into this part of the forum too, only every so often to read the youth thread. I do also occasionally go into the half time thread if things aren’t going our way and I’m pissed off myself, because the whinging in there actually just makes me laugh and feel better about how pissed  off I feel.

Best to just try and ignore it as much as you can.

Good advice.

The thing is that on here you hear the whining blerts like redric and there's not much you can really do, but when you are at the game and with your mates, whining cryarses like him would get told to get to fuck.

I bet he's always off on one at the pub after as well. Best get bitter whining bellends out of your life. I'm quite lucky in that the mates I go to the match with are all pretty reasonable and you can have a great positive chat about everything no matter what the result is.

There are some bad bellends in the pub, but they get told to get to fuck.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2022, 11:39:31 am »
I moan about the refs (Quite a lot) because they are shite

I may moan about results sometimes

But the number of Liverpool fans that seem to be getting NO enjoyment out of watching us play, our great manager, our great players and all the good stuff that's happening around the club is amazing to me.

What is wrong with people? It's like we're a midtable, possibly soon to be relegated club.

If you can't fucking enjoy things when they are this good then when can you?

I love going to the game anyway (Win, lose or draw) and I have the odd rant, but that's part of the de-stressing of life. Love the power and vitality and energy from our team and our club and it's an amazing time to be a Red.

And yet some people just literally moan about fucking everything. Sell them. They're shite. Look at what they said. Look at their body language. They are injured - bastards!!!!

Get a fucking grip. We won't be this good forever. Enjoy it while it lasts.

And when we aren't quite as good? Enjoy it all the more. Footy and going to the game and watching it with your mates is entertainment. Be entertained. Enjoy it. Have fun. Have a laugh.

Who moans all the time? Just curious mate, because you must know who they are and have to listen to them constantly do it?. (Not the twitter biffs).

I see whinging on here, but its usually a bad reaction to something, they don't always do it. I also see people ready to jump all over any negative comment, again they don't always jump in, but it can get techy in here when things don't go our way.

Think the vast majority do enjoy it, some are disillusioned with the game but thats another convo.

Collective posts on here, with some whinging when they don't usually whinge isn't really not enjoying it. A sea of negative posts are from many different people, most who are positive most of the time I would say.

Every now and then you get complete whoppers who find there way onto here and what they spout is usually quite funny/sad, they don't last long because on here we are all pretty balanced, level headed Liverpool supporters and the mods protect that.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2022, 11:43:13 am »
Who moans all the time? Just curious mate, because you must know who they are and have to listen to them constantly do it?. (Not the twitter biffs).

I see whinging on here, but its usually a bad reaction to something, they don't always do it. I also see people ready to jump all over any negative comment, again they don't always jump in, but it can get techy in here when things don't go our way.

Think the vast majority do enjoy it, some are disillusioned with the game but thats another convo.

Collective posts on here, with some whinging when they don't usually whinge isn't really not enjoying it. A sea of negative posts are from many different people, most who are positive most of the time I would say.

Every now and then you get complete whoppers who find there way onto here and what they spout is usually quite funny/sad, they don't last long because on here we are all pretty balanced, level headed Liverpool supporters and the mods protect that.

I agree that RAWK is usually pretty positive.

I subscribe to quite a few LFC related sources online and newspapers and it's there that the mob descend with fury and outrage.

I used to be on Twitter as well, but what a fucking cesspit of dickheads that it. Glad I fucked it off.

I know I shouldn't let it get to me, because at the game, we're all pretty level headed and support the team -  I used to know some absolute crying twats, but they have been fucked off by the group - who wants to have crying fucking babies minging in their ear after every fucking game?