Author Topic: PL: Fulham 2 v Liverpool 2 Mitrovich 33' 72' (p) Darwin 64' Salah 81'  (Read 35065 times)

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Re: PL: Fulham 2 v Liverpool 2 Mitrovich 33' 72' (p) Darwin 64' Salah 81'
« Reply #280 on: August 6, 2022, 02:43:59 pm »
Every small side we play treats it like their cup final and just go's through the motions playing City it's getting really tiresome.

Goes with the territory of being who we are I'm afraid, we can't have it both ways. We rightly brag about how we are the greatest legit team in the land and City are just a nothing club who have bought success with blood money. Opposition players and fans no doubt think the same and is reflected in the different way they treat games against us and City. We are by far the biggest scalp, simple as that.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: August 6, 2022, 02:44:01 pm »
Thought some of our players looked short of the sharpness levels, the constricted pre-season certainly hasn't benefited all our first team. Hendo, Virgil and Trent for me will have to get up to speed quickly.

Nunez has to start the next game now. He really opens up rebalance between the defensive line and goalkeeper.

Offline fallenhd

• Anny Roader
« Reply #282 on: August 6, 2022, 02:44:10 pm »
The  thing is Henderson maybe better as a 6 but he's not a very good 6. When it comes to distribution he's ok but he 's not very good and protecting the backline and he's also lacks composure and is not press resistant.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #283 on: August 6, 2022, 02:44:15 pm »
Fab, Hendo, Milner and Keita.

Keita is injured too? I’m sure he is. Down to 3 senior midfielder in the first game of the season isn’t a good sign

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: August 6, 2022, 02:44:31 pm »
This is it isn't it, the margin for error is pretty much non-existent. We've just used up most of ours.
Gald to see you're keeping a level head  ::)

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
« Reply #285 on: August 6, 2022, 02:44:38 pm »
As much as i love Bobby - starting him away in an opening game, with an early kick off against a team that was always going to be up for it, being newly promoted and all, was naive. I know Klopp probably wanted to take the pressure off Nunez but think he overthought it.

The only player who can provide an unlocking pass from midfield is Thiago and when he hasn't got the space we'll struggle. Credit to Fulham as they pressed like us circa 2018. Hustled and hurried us every time we were on the ball and although i thought the penalty was soft when you give the ref a decision to make when the crowd are on your back you can't complain too much.

Definitely feel we need another centre midfielder in there but i think Klopps happy to wait for the likes of Bellingham or whoever else may become available in future transfer windows.

Nunez looked dangerous when he came on and hopefully he can improve his hold up play as it feels like the ball needs to put on a platter for him to do something on evidence we've seen so far... but hes a presence in the box regardless and offers more than Bobby in there.

Mo couldn't get into the game which isn't surprising given the first half performance of the team and how Fulham played - again credit to them being up for the fight and if we'd shown the same desire we'd have won that despite playing rubbish. 

Shite result and performance - hopefully we can improve quick - gutted with a point but will take it given how the 90 played out.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2022, 02:46:21 pm by Gerard00 »

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: August 6, 2022, 02:45:08 pm »
Can see Nunez getting at least 20 goals if not more in the league. He's a huge threat.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: August 6, 2022, 02:45:19 pm »
It was a pen.

We were poor but glad we got a point. We gave them far too much confidence in the first half.

Trent and Robbo were poor today. Fabino wasn’t it the game at all.

Shame Hendo hit the bar at the end but we can’t complain getting a draw.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #288 on: August 6, 2022, 02:45:19 pm »
Any news on Thiago?

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #289 on: August 6, 2022, 02:45:31 pm »
If Fulham don't play with that full of commitment and steel against City, bellends!!!

But I could easily accept the result as there's nothing to complain the way we are playing though, not smooth like our standard performance.

Nunez is a business. And for his goal, Mo - assist as fuck!!

They won’t. There’s absolutely no chance. They were full of beans as it was the opening game of the season and they were at home. We walked into a trap and I’m surprised we were so under prepared and surprised. They’ll go down and will probably go on a 10 game losing streak after Christmas.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #290 on: August 6, 2022, 02:45:41 pm »
We can say how it’s going to go for City so much. But most of the things that went wrong we knew already: Thiago is injury prone, Henderson isn’t good enough as an 8, and Firmino is on the decline. They aren’t huge problems but make the difference when you need 95 points

In a normal season we could need 95 points, but this is in no way a normal season. What other season do you suddenly down tools and go off to a World Cup? I think this is going to be an unpredictable season and what makes it more so is neither us or City are entirely there yet.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: August 6, 2022, 02:45:46 pm »
As soon as the referee gave the penalty it was never going to be overruled, there was slight contact.

I actually thought the entire back four were iffy. They never looked comfortable, and took strange risks the entire game.  Elliott played well when he came on and he’ll probably get a chance at a run of games now with Thiago being Thiago.  Could be a breakout season.  He brought Mo into the game more and looks much stronger.

As for Nunez, about as inelegant as it gets, but an absolute handful, he’ll score a fuck load and plenty of assists. He’s borderline unplayable, just a royal pain in the arse. Has to start.

We got away with one, and we need to be much better, no doubt we we’ll improve.  I think City will drop points tomorrow so it shouldn’t be much of a setback.

I’d sign a midfielder, we have numbers but Thiago, Keita, Jones and Ox can not be counted on.

Milner played well and we’re going to have to count on him more than we hoped.

Agree there. Far too injury prone. Plus Hendo is getting on too.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: August 6, 2022, 02:45:49 pm »
Difficult to watch at times. The tempo wasn’t there for large parts, the passing of. I think most would agree that Henderson is far better as a 6. Nunez looked a handful when he came on but needs to be sharper. They all do.

An odd one in that we were unlucky not to win, didn’t deserve to win and equally were lucky not to lose. Mitrovic is a grade A tosser and will not hit double digits this season. He played well today but we allowed him to play to his strengths. The dive for the penalty was laughable and Henderson was fouled in the build-up to the first goal. They did also hit the post though.

All round dire. Let’s hope it was enough exercise to lend some sharpness ahead of the next game because we were way off it. Milner was excellent when he came on.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen us have as bad half of football or give the ball away so, so much. It’s also hard to understand why we virtually never get a competent ref. Some of Mitrovic’s dives were laughable, yet everyone had a free kick. Early on they did some poor challenges that should’ve been carded but weren’t and the ref bought everything they were selling. The first goal and the penalty don’t stand if the rules are applied properly and at the end, despite Reid doing five laps of honour, Fulham using two subs and Mitrovic again sharpening his thespian talents with his ‘cramp,’ we only played to the fifth minute when there should have been around 8 or 9.
Yeah. The ref was shite and allowed them to kill the tempo with cheap fouls yet he didn't blow when Hendo got fouled in the buildup to the first goal.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: August 6, 2022, 02:46:39 pm »
That one where Cordova dived through the air with one one near him? Even he was pissing himself at how shit Madley was
That wasn't given as a foul. Another Fulham player was eased off the ball immediately after, that one got the foul. Cordova seemed to be laughing at his own attempt to head the ball.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #294 on: August 6, 2022, 02:46:48 pm »
Keita is injured too? I’m sure he is. Down to 3 senior midfielder in the first game of the season isn’t a good sign

Is Milner still classed as a kid? :

Think Keita was ill, back in training yesterday so probably just lacked a bit of fitness. We play once a week for the next few, we’ll be fine soon enough.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: August 6, 2022, 02:47:15 pm »
Is correct.

City dropped 3 points in their first game last season.

The way some are carrying on already we should just hand the title to City (or Arsenal who are currently top of the league) right now.

I do wish people would get a grip.

That's it mate. It's fucking tough, we're up against a side that have spent an absolute fortuneeeeeee but it's not flawless or you dont win the league. A very good season is needed and it needs to be higher points totals than in seasons passed but the flawless stuff is overdoing it

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: August 6, 2022, 02:47:19 pm »
It was a pen.

We were poor but glad we got a point. We gave them far too much confidence in the first half.

Trent and Robbo were poor today. Fabino wasn’t it the game at all.

Shame Hendo hit the bar at the end but we can’t complain getting a draw.

If that's a pen then I'll expect about 10 for Salah this season - he gets pulled down far worse than that and nothing is ever given.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Wengerpresser101

• 8 posts in, could be RAWK’s greatest ever contributor. 248 posts in, the jury's still out......It's a fax he's a dickhead. Still the Greatest Fan of L...sorry...AFC there's EVER been!
  • Kopite
« Reply #297 on: August 6, 2022, 02:47:27 pm »
Wow. The league is decided by one game?

That’s nonsense. If that result was different, it doesn’t mean all the subsequent results would be the same.
Last season we drew 8 lost 2. In our title winning season we drew 3 lost 3. City have raised the bar so high there is little to no margin for error if we want to win the league, and as can be seen, the reason we lost the league last season is because of stupid draws in games we should've won.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: August 6, 2022, 02:47:30 pm »
The  thing is Henderson maybe better as a 6 but he's not a very good 6. When it comes to distribution he's ok but he 's not very good and protecting the backline and he's also lacks composure and is not press resistant.

Let's ignore the fact he got kicked in the knee and was probably not a hundred per cent as a result.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: August 6, 2022, 02:47:33 pm »
As much as i love Bobby - starting him away in an opening game, with an early kick off against a team that was always going to be up for it, being newly promoted and all, was naive. I know Klopp probably wanted to take the pressure off Nunez but think he overthought it.

The only player who can provide an unlocking pass from midfield is Thiago and when he hasn't got the space we'll struggle. Credit to Fulham as they pressed like us circa 2018. Hustled and hurried us every time we were on the ball and although i thought the penalty was soft when you give the ref a decision to make when the crowd are on your back you can't complain too much.

Definitely feel we need another centre midfielder in there but i think Klopps happy to wait for the likes of Bellingham or whoever else may become available in future transfer windows.

Nunez looked dangerous when he came on and hopefully he can improve his hold up play as it feels like the ball needs to put on a platter for him to do something on evidence we've seen so far... but hes a presence in the box regardless and offers more than Bobby in there.

Mo couldn't get into the game which isn't surprising given the first half performance of the team and how Fulham played - again credit to them being up for the fight and if we'd shown the same desire we'd have won that despite playing rubbish. 

Shite result and performance - hopefully we can improve quick - gutted with a point but will take it given how the 90 played out.
Harvey can as well.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: August 6, 2022, 02:48:30 pm »
Keita was ill for a couple of days.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: August 6, 2022, 02:48:41 pm »
Last season we drew 8 lost 2. In our title winning season we drew 3 lost 3. City have raised the bar so high there is little to no margin for error if we want to win the league, and as can be seen, the reason we lost the league last season is because of stupid draws in games we should've won.
Chill. It's too early for that. It'd be appropriate in the business end of the season but not after 1 game lol.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #302 on: August 6, 2022, 02:49:02 pm »
Seems harsh to pile on Bobby. He was no worse than many others. It wasn’t some crazy decision to not start Darwin
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: August 6, 2022, 02:49:05 pm »
Honestly, just stop watching football if you can’t handle a draw. Jeez.

I'm going to give it a go.

Been trying for a good few seasons, it's really not good for my currently fragile mental health.

I shaking with anger at the moment.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #304 on: August 6, 2022, 02:49:15 pm »
Every small side we play treats it like their cup final and just go's through the motions playing City it's getting really tiresome.

This is such a weird comment.  Why did Fulham play out of their skin but we didn't?

We should be asking why we treated the game so casually and thought we could just stroll through the match and pick up the 3 points.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: August 6, 2022, 02:49:24 pm »
Harvey can as well.
Henderson can and did. It's a lazy simplification. Keita can, Jones can, etc.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: August 6, 2022, 02:49:26 pm »

Goes with the territory of being who we are I'm afraid, we can't have it both ways. We rightly brag about how we are the greatest legit team in the land and City are just a nothing club who have bought success with blood money. Opposition players and fans no doubt think the same and is reflected in the different way they treat games against us and City. We are by far the biggest scalp, simple as that.

For the most point they don't put the same effort in against City as they do us though. Some teams do, but most try and defend rather than attack what we know is a vulnerable City defence if enough pressure is put on it.

Offline Leivashire

• Main Stander
« Reply #307 on: August 6, 2022, 02:49:49 pm »

Klopp needs to be more ruthless in this area.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #308 on: August 6, 2022, 02:50:14 pm »
I dont know if I agree we were ‘shite’ today

Slow passing, hesitant play, and Trent amd Hendo had nightmares Hendo better in 2nd

Fulham looked like they were midway through a season

But we still needed robbing to lose the 2pts.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #309 on: August 6, 2022, 02:50:18 pm »
Take the point and get out of town.

When you look back at end of  a season you rue points dropped in certain games....this wasnt one of them.

Offline Red_Potato

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Potato beats scissors
« Reply #310 on: August 6, 2022, 02:50:54 pm »
Can't complain really. Fulham were on it, we were off it.

Decordova Reid boiled my piss feigning a boot to the head and them smirking like a little c*nt when he didn't get a free.
Should be a mandatory beating for that.
SOS member 7832

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #311 on: August 6, 2022, 02:51:47 pm »
:lmao

imagine this place if we'd lost that game

Get a grip people - it's a long, long season.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #312 on: August 6, 2022, 02:52:22 pm »

Been trying for a good few seasons, it's really not good for my currently fragile mental health.

Stick the Commonwealth Games on. You can cheer on Australia v England. :D

Hope you feel better. It’s not worth getting too wound up by that. Feels a bit like Watford when Silva was there too. Decent manager when not at the Blueshite.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #313 on: August 6, 2022, 02:52:34 pm »

I could’ve written this

Honestly something has happened in me. I’m going to drop dead in front of a game at this rate. Yet people call you all sorts for not just doing it. Like you can just fuck off a 40 year obsession

But footballs like a chip in my head I can’t get out
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Wengerpresser101

• 8 posts in, could be RAWK’s greatest ever contributor. 248 posts in, the jury's still out......It's a fax he's a dickhead. Still the Greatest Fan of L...sorry...AFC there's EVER been!
  • Kopite
« Reply #314 on: August 6, 2022, 02:52:43 pm »
Chill. It's too early for that. It'd be appropriate in the business end of the season but not after 1 game lol.
I'm shaking with anger as that was a very winnable game (compared to games against Tottenham or Man City), and we just threw away 2 points which could be the difference in us winnning the title or coming second again. You're right tho I should calm down, I'll just go have a cup of tea and play some games on Steam.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: August 6, 2022, 02:53:38 pm »
Can't complain really. Fulham were on it, we were off it.

Decordova Reid boiled my piss feigning a boot to the head and them smirking like a little c*nt when he didn't get a free.
Should be a mandatory beating for that.

It pisses me off how nice we are as a team, they didn't put the ball out when Hendo got his kick, yet when one of their's goes down we stop an attack and put the ball out! Then Elliot tends to Mitrovik's "cramp" when he decides to waste some minutes. I wish we would be a bit meaner.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: August 6, 2022, 02:53:47 pm »
Aye, but the fact (FACT) remains: the season hasn't been played, and City haven't even kicked a ball yet. Keep your crystal ball in your pocket. Its useless.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #317 on: August 6, 2022, 02:54:12 pm »
Wow. The league is decided by one game?

That’s nonsense. If that result was different, it doesn’t mean all the subsequent results would be the same.

No it’s over 38 games. But we’ll forget that the league has been won/lost by 1 point between us and city twice in the last few years. A change of result in one game can win or cost you.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #318 on: August 6, 2022, 02:54:44 pm »
Not great, but shit happens and there’s 37 games to go. Big positive is Darwin hitting the ground running, he’s going to score buckets of goals this season.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: August 6, 2022, 02:54:48 pm »
:lmao

imagine this place if we'd lost that game

Get a grip people - it's a long, long season.

When you're competing with City every single point counts. It's not like 20 years ago where 80 points won the league. Every point we drop could be massive IF we want to win the league and not just get top 4.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp