Author Topic: Calvin Ramsay joins LFC - Slainte Mhath  (Read 56010 times)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ramsay joins LFC 4.5 mill
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2022, 06:41:38 pm »

Useful practice for playing against our neighbours
Should have held his unveiling at Lassiters hotel.

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
Re: Calvin Ramsay joins LFC - Slainte Mhath
« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2022, 08:55:24 am »
Gotta say this kind of signing is right up my Lang Stracht. I think he’ll surprise a few in the way Tsimikas has, given time. Every Aberdonian I’ve spoken to (one) has raved about him.

Sharkfin says the best prospect there in 20 years - that includes James Maddison and Ryan Fraser, for current Premier League players. Strachan is probably the one player who made the biggest impact down here having come from there - once he got away from Ferguson.

Anyway, he has all the tools to do really well - quite an ask to go up against the best right back in the game.

Your forgetting Stevie Archibald.
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2022, 10:10:00 am »

At risk of entering a family dispute may I also humbly suggest Martin Buchan. Not at the same level as the great Liverpool centre backs of his era, but probably the best of the pack that followed.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #123 on: June 23, 2022, 10:10:17 am »
Blasphemy to forget about club legend Charlie Adam.

Launched Britain's first satellite.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2022, 10:32:23 am »

Hiya Davie!

(Archibald was mince.)
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #125 on: June 23, 2022, 11:46:08 pm »
Welcome Calvin! Hopefully he gets a few games in the domestic cups to show what he can do

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #126 on: June 24, 2022, 12:28:40 am »
Welcome Calvin! Hopefully he gets a few games in the domestic cups to show what he can do
Quite low expectations you have there. I'd say hopefully he has lots of games in the league and CL because he turns out to be absolutely boss ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: July 1, 2022, 06:18:05 am »
Quite low expectations you have there. I'd say hopefully he has lots of games in the league and CL because he turns out to be absolutely boss ;)
Tbf you cant expect TAA to want him to do too well, he's had a good run in his local team he isn't going to wanna have some young upstart from Aberdeen coming in and messing that up ;)

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #128 on: July 2, 2022, 12:08:06 pm »
Welcome Calvin. You are at the most exciting club in the world with the best manager.
#JFT97

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: July 9, 2022, 10:22:09 am »
Klopp says Ramsay has an injury that’s kept him out of training so far:

“Unfortunately, Calvin is now not training with us in the moment, he has a little injury. Nobody knew, we found it when he did his medical check. Until today he has no problems but the medical department tells us if we don’t take care for that now, he will have a problem in the future.

“So, when you are that young then of course he has a long career ahead of him, so we are very responsible in these moments, so he didn’t train yet with the team but is doing a lot of fitness work. So, it will not take too long I think.

“So I didn’t see him yet in training but everything we saw about him, we heard about him, I heard from him: a fantastic boy. And what a player he is, what he did for Aberdeen last year, absolutely exceptional.

“In his age group and you know the things we need from a full-back, he is as close as it gets to the things we want and is still a kid. So we really expect a lot from him in the long term.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/jurgen-klopp-nunez-love-ramsay-fitness-and-carvalho-roles

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #130 on: July 9, 2022, 10:24:14 am »
Shame he can't get started yet, but good that they caught it in the medical and can get him the right treatment to make sure it's not an issue going forward.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Creg

• Main Stander
« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2022, 02:03:07 am »
Shame he can't get started yet, but good that they caught it in the medical and can get him the right treatment to make sure it's not an issue going forward.

Have a season ticket at Pittodrie and Calvin missed a couple of months late last year with a hamstring injury and then struggled to be consistently fit following that. Think his head was perhaps turned by transfer speculation in January, also.

90 minutes was a stretch at times but last year was really his breakthrough. Aberdeen were a shambles on and off the pitch but he has been on the fringes of the first team for last few seasons. Was talk of him getting a chance earlier but had to wait until he was 16 (was going to be named in match day squad until we realised was against SPL rules].

Think it’s a good deal for both sides. Definitely has the potential and will benefit from better sports science, coaching etc. I don’t think he’s ready to step in as a regular back up to Trent straight away but hopefully proves me wrong.

https://twitter.com/AberdeenFC/status/1064235541653204992?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1064235541653204992%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fne98.net%2F2020%2F04%2F11%2Ffeature-aberdeens-stars-of-tomorrow-the-key-players-in-the-development-squad%2F

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2022, 04:50:00 am »
he is only 18/19 though.

his body is still trying to grow and there will be some development issues for sure

maybe he could feature with the youth to get up to speed once fit.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2022, 07:14:10 am »
he is only 18/19 though.

his body is still trying to grow and there will be some development issues for sure

maybe he could feature with the youth to get up to speed once fit.

Why go backwards?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2022, 09:20:40 am »
Not on the tour. You’d be gutted at that
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Creg

• Main Stander
« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2022, 11:33:55 am »
he is only 18/19 though.

his body is still trying to grow and there will be some development issues for sure.

Definitely and that physical development can happen very quickly at his age.

Hopefully missing the tour doesn’t put him on the back foot too much in terms of integration.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2022, 11:43:51 am »
Not on the tour. You’d be gutted at that

The tour/training camp to Austria is the one to be at IMO. We've only just got to Bangkok today haven't we? Probably won't train too much today, a bit more tomorrow then we've already got a match on Tuesday.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline marmite sw

• Main Stander
« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2022, 08:00:04 pm »
feel for him not being on the tour after the xcitement of joining the club only to watch them all go ... but best time to catch these things when they are young and correct it ... i have a good feeling about him
im autistic and have dyslexia as well as being born deaf so if thats a problem then its your problem ... awaits the gramma nazis ......lfc supporter since 1976 watch every game and get up to liverpool as often as i can......

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2022, 08:18:19 pm »
He's not going on the Asian tour doesn't mean once we get to the Austrian camp, which actually matters he isn't involved then.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2022, 10:27:56 am »
He's injured....
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Stand Free

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2022, 11:48:46 am »
Any update on when Ramsay is due back? I know they picked up something in the medical but not heard much since. Be a shame for him to miss all of preseason.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2022, 11:50:07 am »
Any update on when Ramsay is due back? I know they picked up something in the medical but not heard much since. Be a shame for him to miss all of preseason.

He's at the Austrian training camp, I believe, so presumably back to fitness considering the other injured players - Ox, Jota, Kelleher - stayed home.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2022, 11:50:11 am »
He’s over in Austria at the training camp, might get some minutes against Salzburg. Maybe more likely he’ll get some against Strasbourg.
AHA!

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2022, 07:11:42 pm »
Maybe more likely he’ll get some against Strasbourg.

I am curious who will even play that game? Its the day after the Community Shield which I am assuming Klopp will use the Community Shield as the last actual pre season game

So assuming strasbourg will mainly be youngsters and fringe who didnt travel to Wembley

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2022, 09:10:51 pm »

So assuming strasbourg will mainly be youngsters and fringe who didnt travel to Wembley

Or Leicester
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2022, 05:37:36 am »
Or Leicester

Ahh thats right, forgot its at King Power

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2022, 10:28:42 am »
After last night I'm wondering if this lad will have the edge on Mabaya? If he has, he'll be some player.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2022, 12:24:57 pm »
Ramsay is the real deal, don’t worry about that. Can’t wait for him to show the fan base what he can do.

Offline Dundalis

• Kopite
« Reply #148 on: July 29, 2022, 08:25:06 pm »
After last night I'm wondering if this lad will have the edge on Mabaya? If he has, he'll be some player.
Mabaya isn't someone I'd want to rely on at RB whatsoever. Yes he looks good going forward, but he's not at the level positioning wise, and his end product needs lots of improvement also. He hasn't even played much U23 football, much less football against men. Ramsay was the best young player in Scotland. He's at a similar level at RB as Carvalho and Elliott are in their positions based on the scouting done.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 08:27:37 pm by Dundalis »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: July 31, 2022, 03:09:25 pm »

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2022, 09:01:10 am »
What exactly is this lads injury or is he not injured? Was delighted to see us sign a promising back up for Trent but seen he's injured, his birthday and literally not another mention of his name since

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2022, 09:22:55 am »
Pretty sure it was said the medical team discovered a lingering injury/concern when he joined training, but with the way things have been this preseason you wouldn't rule out having got injured in his one day

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2022, 09:31:00 am »
Once he's over his injury (whatever it is), he's going to be way behind the rest of the team having had no pre-season.  Would be surprised if we see him play before the World Cup.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2022, 10:44:41 am »
Once he's over his injury (whatever it is), he's going to be way behind the rest of the team having had no pre-season.  Would be surprised if we see him play before the World Cup.
Definitely agree.

Would have been a surprise, even if fit this whole time, if he'd started a game before the world cup too. Hopefully he can get back and have some twenty minute appearances, if we've earned the right to do that during any games.

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2022, 04:47:19 pm »
What exactly is this lads injury or is he not injured? Was delighted to see us sign a promising back up for Trent but seen he's injured, his birthday and literally not another mention of his name since

bump - what is the actual injury? this is bizarre

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2022, 05:07:37 pm »
bump - what is the actual injury? this is bizarre

I don't think it's ever been revealed. Just something they spotted in the medical that wasn't enough to put us off buying him.

He didn't play in Aberdeen's last 3 games so maybe that was due to injury.

I got the impression from what Klopp has said about it that it's more that they've spotted something in the medical and want to prevent it becoming a problem down the line, that he's probably doing some work on his own, maybe physiotherapy and strength and conditioning work to work on whatever his issue is and he'll join in team training in good time.

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2022, 09:38:58 pm »
I don't think it's ever been revealed. Just something they spotted in the medical that wasn't enough to put us off buying him.

He didn't play in Aberdeen's last 3 games so maybe that was due to injury.

I got the impression from what Klopp has said about it that it's more that they've spotted something in the medical and want to prevent it becoming a problem down the line, that he's probably doing some work on his own, maybe physiotherapy and strength and conditioning work to work on whatever his issue is and he'll join in team training in good time.

It wasn't during the medical, it was on his first official day of training that they spotted it. Assume it's not related at all, but our club doctor left at the start of the month with little word from the gaffer (not the usual 'he/she will be missed' spiel you usually get). If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd say some of these recent injuries (and this particular one) may have led to the doc being shown the door, but I have absolutely zero inside/medical knowledge and love a conspiracy theory, so it's inevitably a load of bollocks from my side. Get the tin foil hats out, lads!

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2022, 10:53:18 pm »
Bring back Zaf!

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2022, 10:58:09 pm »
Bring back Zaf!
Well he was spotted at Anfield recently...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2022, 11:09:47 pm »
Whatever is going on with him it can’t be good
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.