Poll

How would you describe your attitude to this season just started

Fantastic! Can't wait! More amazing football in the best league in the world
Pretty excited. Obviously a few problems, but the Premier League is great
Not that excited. Quite a few problems with FFP and PGMOL and other issues
Not excited at all. A bit annoyed with the cheating and all the rest of the shit
Probably the least arsed I've ever been

Author Topic: How excited are you this season in comparison to previous seasons?  (Read 3809 times)

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
Re: How excited are you this season in comparison to previous seasons?
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2023, 01:18:47 pm »
I'm really looking forward to seeing us. That's it. Sadly, we need the rest of the league to play against so...

Oh, and I'm mildly excited to see if the unflushable turds can manage to flush themselves this time round.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2023, 01:50:30 pm »
Watched highlights of yesterday's matches on youtube bar Abu Dhabi and Saudicastle and that's where I'm at from now on.
The only time I want to see anything from them is when we are playing them.  :wanker

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2023, 02:03:24 pm »
I checked out last year, for the most part, and didn’t really miss it.  I just found the game was getting more and more embarrassing to watch.  Ultra fit grown men screaming and rolling around in agony because they got a slight brush and wanted to have a kick of a ball without anyone else near them.

I was reading an old bike mag while getting mine MOT'd the other day and there was a feature on injured riders. One was Mick Doohan, who was leading the 500cc championship with 5 races to go, gets spit off the bike at 100mph, bike lands on him, he tries to get out from under it and made it worse and got a double fracture. The GP doctor wants to put his leg in a cast for 6 weeks, he wants to race in 3, so elects surgery. Dutch surgeons fuck it up, he ends up starting to get gangrene, they are going to amputate the leg, so the GP doc kidnaps him, takes him to Italy, sorts out his thin blood to save his internal organs, operates, sews his good leg to the dying leg and put the leg in a carbon frame to heal and 6 weeks later he races in Brazil, finishes 2nd in the Championship. These fucking fannies scream and roll at the slightest touch.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2023, 02:47:28 pm »
Like a few on here mentioned the lower leagues are better to watch and get invested in than the PL and CL and I do think I will have to fill the void but I'm just wondering are these matches shown as much as the bigger (also known as cheating) leagues? It would be streams for me but if I want to find another sport then streams will be the the way I'll be watching anyway.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2023, 02:50:32 pm »
I was reading an old bike mag while getting mine MOT'd the other day and there was a feature on injured riders. One was Mick Doohan, who was leading the 500cc championship with 5 races to go, gets spit off the bike at 100mph, bike lands on him, he tries to get out from under it and made it worse and got a double fracture. The GP doctor wants to put his leg in a cast for 6 weeks, he wants to race in 3, so elects surgery. Dutch surgeons fuck it up, he ends up starting to get gangrene, they are going to amputate the leg, so the GP doc kidnaps him, takes him to Italy, sorts out his thin blood to save his internal organs, operates, sews his good leg to the dying leg and put the leg in a carbon frame to heal and 6 weeks later he races in Brazil, finishes 2nd in the Championship. These fucking fannies scream and roll at the slightest touch.

I fully get your point Rob and it’s very valid, but if we were to kidnap Caicedo and sew him to Thiago I’m not sure we’d get away with it! 😁

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2023, 02:58:56 pm »
It's not the cheating from players that bothers me, I kind of accept that, anything to win etc. It's the cheating from the officials.

No one outside this forum seems to give a damn, to most it seems to be business as usual.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2023, 03:15:05 pm »
I fully get your point Rob and it’s very valid, but if we were to kidnap Caicedo and sew him to Thiago I’m not sure we’d get away with it! 😁

;D

That'd be boss that
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2023, 03:24:39 pm »
Like a few on here mentioned the lower leagues are better to watch and get invested in than the PL and CL and I do think I will have to fill the void but I'm just wondering are these matches shown as much as the bigger (also known as cheating) leagues? It would be streams for me but if I want to find another sport then streams will be the the way I'll be watching anyway.

Yes on ifollow from championship down to national league

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2023, 03:26:06 pm »
I’ve never felt this lack of interest, and having City V Burnley followed by Arsenal V Forest as the opening two games didn’t help. I’m now getting excited that we’re playing in a couple of hours, plus the Brentford V Spurs came had been a good watch.

I’m hoping this season can rejuvenate our enthusiasm for the Premier League as a whole, but I’m certainly not holding my breathe.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2023, 03:35:23 pm »
When we are shite and don't get a result I'm not that arsed as we usually don't deserve anything but what is putting me off watching and going is the corrupt officials and the play-acting from players. I was at the final home game against Villa last season and if it wasn't for my daughter being with me, I would have walked out before the end. Perfectly good goal was ruled out, Villa players dropping like flies every time a ball went near them, Ashley Young wasted about four minutes getting treatment for heading the ball!!

The Bournemouth game was another example, they used every single trick in the book to try and get a result and the ref fell for it, I wouldn't even say fell for it more like he encouraged it.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2023, 03:52:17 pm »
This is the least interested I've ever been. I love the club, our history, the Liver Bird on my chest and Anfield, but the game itself is dead in my eyes. A weird bubble outside of reality that is alien to most of us, run by multi billionaires and played by multi millionaires. A sad reflection of the perverse, corrupt world we are all forced to live in.

Fair Play rules are a joke. Rampant, government approved, sportswashing. Refereeing is either at an all-time low standard or corrupt. Some might argue it's both. Inane, biased punditry. Miserable, dour commentary. Agendas galore. Play acting, tactical head injuries, time wasting. Away ends that range from childlike adolescents to putrid, disaster and poverty loving morons. Having to welcome European fans just to see some quality in that small corner of the ground.

It's not lost on me that the game is seemingly at its most popular now it's reached its lowest, dumbed down point. Again, a reflection of the society we now live in. Quantity over quality. Cost over value.

I can't remember the last English match I watched that didn't involve us. That's a major turnaround from the days when I used to look forward even the Charity Shield and avidly watched the FA Cup Final even when we weren't in it. Someone who also used to go to reserve matches too.

I hate the way the game was stolen from us then sold back to us at vastly inflated cost. I'll always love the club though, and that beautiful red Liver Bird.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2023, 04:14:03 pm »
It's not the cheating from players that bothers me, I kind of accept that, anything to win etc. It's the cheating from the officials.

No one outside this forum seems to give a damn, to most it seems to be business as usual.
Be interesting to see where they went on holiday, and to see if those holidays were affordable within their salary range, you could see Coote and Tierney on £100k per year on all expenses paid 2 week junkets to the Burj al Arab, staying in £20k per night suites, which wouldn't be suspect at all.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2023, 06:57:33 pm »
Be interesting to see where they went on holiday, and to see if those holidays were affordable within their salary range, you could see Coote and Tierney on £100k per year on all expenses paid 2 week junkets to the Burj al Arab, staying in £20k per night suites, which wouldn't be suspect at all.

Sexpats in Thailand aren’t they?

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2023, 08:21:38 pm »
Sexpats in Thailand aren’t they?
If that was true I wouldn't Baht an eyelid in surprise.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2023, 11:30:55 pm »
I didn't wake up at all during our game, although my mental alarm did go off for final scores at about 3.30am. Slept through the night on all the other games. This is my least sleep deprived weekend of the last 15 PL seasons. Long may it continue.