Author Topic: Lucas Leiva - A Man for All Seasons pt 2  (Read 15460 times)

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Lucas Leiva - A Man for All Seasons pt 2
« Reply #200 on: January 29, 2016, 12:21:53 am »
I only talked about some posters downplaying or erasing what he's done in the past, and quoted a post that did exactly that. Or maybe I misinterpreted the following.

"Skrtel was our player of the year one time we finished around midtable.

Lucas hasn't even managed that"

Perhaps you can explain what that means.

Clearly it was a mistake on my part.

Now, if you'd care to maybe give me a breakdown of some of Lucas' achievements at LFC id be thankful. So that I know what I shouldn't be talking down.

Cos honestly, I'm struggling to think of another player (possibly Skrtel) who has managed to stay at LFC for such a significant amount of time and yet achieve so very little in actual terms.

8 years, 1 trophy when he didn't really play a part, and a couple of 2nd places. Oh, and the POTY when we finished 6th. Which I stand corrected on.

Any other player in the past 40 years that managed to stay at the club for as long as 8 years and yet actually 'achieve' virtually nothing?

Throwing it out there.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #201 on: January 29, 2016, 12:29:34 am »
Well said my friend however I also like (what I have seen and heard) his persona off the field which seems to be supportive, funny, intelligent and knowledgeable. I think his difficulties, which are well known, and the fact he is still playing a major role and seems to be held in high regard by the more vocal support is very important to have in a team and a squad. His story shows every player who gets a bad injury or has the crowd on his back or gets dropped from the team and squad still has a chance to get back if they believe in themselves and work hard. His example is clear.
Oh don't get me wrong, I think Lucas is a top bloke. I just wanted to emphasise that I don't let this cloud my judgement and actually like him as a player.

'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: January 29, 2016, 12:29:49 am »

Now, if you'd care to maybe give me a breakdown of some of Lucas' achievements at LFC id be thankful. So that I know what I shouldn't be talking down.

Cos honestly, I'm struggling to think of another player (possibly Skrtel) who has managed to stay at LFC for such a significant amount of time and yet achieve so very little in actual terms.

8 years, 1 trophy when he didn't really play a part, and a couple of 2nd places. Oh, and the POTY when we finished 6th. Which I stand corrected on.

Any other player in the past 40 years that managed to stay at the club for as long as 8 years and yet actually 'achieve' virtually nothing?

Throwing it out there.

That you decided to sneer at him using that paltry non-achievement as a comparison says a lot about your eagerness to sneer at one of our players, and your eagerness to sneer at Skrtel's achievement (or non-achievement as you clearly meant it to be). After Ruddock and co I learned not to expect the world from Liverpool players, just the right approach and willingness to give their all for the club. That kind of thinking is scorned by some though.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: January 29, 2016, 12:36:29 am »
That you decided to sneer at him using that paltry non-achievement as a comparison says a lot about your eagerness to sneer at one of our players, and your eagerness to sneer at Skrtel's achievement (or non-achievement as you clearly meant it to be). After Ruddock and co I learned not to expect the world from Liverpool players, just the right approach and willingness to give their all for the club. That kind of thinking is scorned by some though.

Ignore him, he's a fucking agenda driven, miserable bore. Jumps on any opportunity to lay into Lucas. He's the same with Rafa. Stick him on ignore, you'll be better off for it

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #204 on: January 29, 2016, 12:38:23 am »
By that reasoning you can ask what has a no-mark player like Gerrard achieved in the past eight years. One little trophy? Daft.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: January 29, 2016, 12:56:28 am »

Throwing it out there.

Some achievements in sport can't be etched in silverware, like having balls. Having passion. Proving people wrong. Doing a thoroughly decent job in the process.

We all want league titles and superstars waving around like big fat cocks every year, but, you know, it ain't happened - there's no need to brush off a lad who has shown passion and pride in the red shirt for 300 games as virtually worthless.

Istanbul and Rafa made legends of some very ordinary players, who will be held aloft on shoulders and paid a pretty penny for many a year spinning yarns about that great night, and rightly so. But don't fucking tell me that Djimi Traore deserves to be spoken about as a Liverpool legend whilst Lucas is dismissed as worthless.

---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: January 29, 2016, 12:58:27 am »
Nothing changes. Never will.
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: January 29, 2016, 01:28:46 pm »
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770